Mega merge

Mega merge

in WvW

Posted by: thatNEWguy.8192

thatNEWguy.8192

Hai. I went back to my home server (ebay) after a long break from the game been playing there for about a month. Before that I had been on bg jq and sor. My issue is t4 is very dead. Outside of na prime all we get is ktrains, rarely any fights happen. Even on an active night only one map will be qued most of the time none. What im getting at is maybe its time to make it only 3 tiers. Sure during na prime we might have to sit in a que but id much rather sit in a long que to play than run in circles looking for some one to fight. I play for large scale fights ajs, blobs and good old open field 20v20 or 15v15. But this almost never happens. We have one guild that fields numbers that knows how to fight, and the rest are just ppt guilds or people recruiting. Most of those guilds are on our linked server and all are na prime guilds. I play late na and its a ktrain everynight. A big ol maybe perma merge is the only thing that I can think of.

Mega merge

in WvW

Posted by: Bigpapasmurf.5623

Bigpapasmurf.5623

Hello mate, there are other things you can do.

1 thing is you can change servers, one that would suit you better. (this imo would be the most obv suggestion)

Another is to wait out the server linkings. Endure until then.

- Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/MC_Celestia
- I am currently a main thief roamer for SF in WvW. LOVE ME!
- {SOAP} Solo/Havoc roamer, lover of good fights

Mega merge

in WvW

Posted by: Shazmataz.1423

Shazmataz.1423

Moving servers or waiting the link out isn’t going to change alot tbh. Coverage outside of T1 is an issue and that’s that.
Would be nice to see a fix that won’t result in bandwagoning and stacking but not sure what that fix can be.

Mega merge

in WvW

Bigpapasmurf.5623

Moving servers or waiting the link out isn’t going to change alot tbh. Coverage outside of T1 is an issue and that’s that.
Would be nice to see a fix that won’t result in bandwagoning and stacking but not sure what that fix can be.

T2/3 isn’t that bad. The days I have off (during the week) and there are more small groups/roamers running around (which i find more enjoyable to be a part of myself) than blobs.

If its blobs you are looking to join then yeah, I understand what you mean.

Mega merge

in WvW

Bigpapasmurf.5623

T2/3 isn’t that bad. The days I have off (during the week) and there are more small groups/roamers running around (which i find more enjoyable to be a part of myself) than blobs.

Mega merge

in WvW

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

This is a long term problem, not something you can solve by waiting it out which is why OP is asking for merge, hoping it will even the populations out and achieve nice coverage. However, a merge is not gonna solve the issue because…… is a long wall of text so not gonna post it here

Read it @ with all the in-depths explanations about how things work
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Vote-to-Delete-Servers

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

Mega merge

in WvW

Posted by: Grim West.3194

Grim West.3194

Just merge everyone into BlackGate. That’s what the devs have let happen already, only a few stragglers left on the other servers.

Then we can all PVD until the sun blows up.

Mega merge

in WvW

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

[EBAY] plays late night.

Anet really needs to perma link ebay & hod, we have ebay players on alt accounts that play with strm during ocx lol. Idk just my thinking.

Mega merge

in WvW

Posted by: Vegeta.2563

Vegeta.2563

What im getting at is maybe its time to make it only 3 tiers.

While it might sound like a good idea on paper, it’s a bad idea in sense that even with just Tier 1 servers fighting against each other.. there is a problem with skill lag across all servers, so making them even more populated in WvW would make the skill lag even worse.

This Guild Is Fire [PRUF]

Mega merge

in WvW

Posted by: HazyDaisy.4107

HazyDaisy.4107

Those contests to see how many people you can fit into a VW beetle are always funny, especially when they try to drive the darn thing afterwards.

4 tiers are fine, personally, most days it feels like too few, but it never feels like too much.

Sorrows Furnace
[HaHa] Hazardous Hallucination

Mega merge

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

imo they should make more maps and merge all servers, tiers were now the “words” themed WVW maps…

3 factions, 4 tiers(each tier being thematic set of maps) -_-

This is how i imagine that word “mega merge”, so many kewl stuff could be added afterwards.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

Mega merge

in WvW

Posted by: Sovereign.1093

Sovereign.1093

every 3 months players ought to be booted from.all servers and then gicen a chance to choose again. haha

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

Mega merge

in WvW

Posted by: Shazmataz.1423

Shazmataz.1423

I was talking about timezone coverage in particular not blobs.

T3 coverage outside of NA is pretty scratchy, unless you like to havoc. Has been awhile since I was in T2 so can’t comment about that but personally not a fan of the T1 blob fests.
Linking seems to cause more pain than gain from what I have observed but is a cheap way of moving to play with friends.
Having moved servers a few times in the last year, it only stays good for a few weeks before it ends up just the same as links are changed and peeps transfer to the server of the week. BG is likely the only server that stays relatively the same but then it’s queues and blobs.