Melee Train Mesmer Build?

in WvW

Posted by: Butter.3024

Butter.3024

I’m kinda sick of being so squishy, is there a good build for Mesmer to join the Melee Train?

in WvW

Butter.3024

No build?:(:(

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Some glamour spec and tank gear. Mesmer forums probably have some builds.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

Hrm, what’s your current vitality? I am far from squishy..

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

Butter.3024

Yeah im pretty squishy

in WvW

Jayne.9251

That’s your problem. Adjust your gear via armour and trinkets to get at least 20k. I run about 25k myself. And dodge is your friend through the melee train.

You have to be able to get hit a couple times to allow most of the mes spells to regen timer wise. Otherwise you just become a rallybot.

(edited by Jayne.9251)

in WvW

Butter.3024

That’s your problem. Adjust your gear via armour and trinkets to get at least 20k. I run about 25k myself. And dodge is your friend through the melee train.

You have to be able to get hit a couple times to allow most of the mes spells to regen timer wise. Otherwise you just become a rallybot.

Build?

in WvW

Jayne.9251

Haha, that’s my super secret. it’s a hybrid build.

Better to experiment and find what fits your playstyle anyhow. The boost in vitality will help.

in WvW

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

try pvt gear if u run a power based build. i use rabid and glamour spec and have 20k health, but yeah we are sqiushy and the stun meta is hurting us bad. also clones die too quick so its pretty rough to get a shatter to work. mesmers have been balanced around 1v1 where we are doing excellent, but in zergs it is a pain atm.
id recommend to use the trait that creates the shatter effect on your self and distortion grants reflection, so u have a couple of seconds of protections during the initial burst of a zerg.

honestly, i’d rather give up some of our 1v1 duelist, clone, phantasm stuff to get something more wvw oriented….

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in WvW

Butter.3024

Haha, that’s my super secret. it’s a hybrid build.

Better to experiment and find what fits your playstyle anyhow. The boost in vitality will help.

Really….