[Merged] Skill lag issue

[Merged] Skill lag issue

in WvW

Posted by: Niteip.8301

Niteip.8301

Ok so I understand there is going to be lag from time to time. There will be skill lag everynow and then. Especially in a big Zerg v Zerg. but there is something really wrong now. I get worse skill lag then I ever had and there is no one around me. no zerg nothing. this started to happen before this league non sense. Anet needs to check their servers!!!!!

[Merged] Skill lag issue

in WvW

Posted by: NeuroMuse.1763

NeuroMuse.1763

Ok so I understand there is going to be lag from time to time. There will be skill lag everynow and then. Especially in a big Zerg v Zerg. but there is something really wrong now. I get worse skill lag then I ever had and there is no one around me. no zerg nothing. this started to happen before this league non sense. Anet needs to check their servers!!!!!

They more than likely don’t have the time, resources, and possibly finances to fix the lag issue because if they had any of the above such an obvious and officially acknowledged problem would’ve been long since fixed.

(edited by NeuroMuse.1763)

[Merged] Skill lag issue

in WvW

Posted by: sostronk.8167

sostronk.8167

Ive noticed that everyone is losing their sound during the really big fights now, which is new.

[Merged] Skill lag issue

in WvW

Posted by: scootshoot.6583

scootshoot.6583

They more than likely don’t have the time, resources, and possibly finances to fix the lag issue because if they had any of the above such an obvious problem would’ve been long since fixed as the fact it is a problem has been officially acknowledged.

Do what other MMO’s do, minimize calculations needed for combat, in other words dumb it down.

Problem with Anet’s engine is it carries a ton of variables. Look at the AH and peruse over the huge selection of runes and sigils for one. Every one of those sets have triggers, get hit for this pct causes this, You hit for this much triggers this. Now factor in a mass of players with their own traits, runes, sigils, food buffs, dodge rolling in a mass pile and the server has to keep up with all those calculations and send it back to the player in real time? lol is my only response to that, it’s pretty obvious why the server has difficulty keeping up.

[Merged] Skill lag issue

in WvW

NeuroMuse.1763

it’s pretty obvious why the server has difficulty keeping up.

It is and they’ve also acknowledge that all of the above is pretty much why it has a problem. It is indeed a underlying architectural problem which requires a lot of work. With that said however things don’t seem to be as distributed as they should be with single servers doing a large part of the number crunching instead of distributing that across a larger cluster of servers. Even if it is distributed more depending on the size of the data sets I sure hope they aren’t using conventional network hardware your run-of-the-mill enterprise routers/switches will choke to death on the congestion. Even with very rigorous packet optimization you’re only going to see negligible gains in most cases.

In the mmo business your network infrastructure and data management is the all mighty god the players, developers, and profit margins bow to. You need to keep it happy and constantly appeased even if you have to sacrifice a few employee’s souls errr jobs to cover the budget.

[Merged] Skill lag issue

in WvW

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

this is a known issue for a year now, nothing new.

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

[Merged] Skill lag issue

in WvW

NeuroMuse.1763

I think the issue here is things have gotten worse recently. Not that it’s a new thing.

[Merged] Skill lag issue

in WvW

Niteip.8301

I think the issue here is things have gotten worse recently. Not that it’s a new thing.

Yes. this is what I am saying it seems like its getting worse.

and it started before this league crap.

(edited by Niteip.8301)

[Merged] Skill lag issue

in WvW

NeuroMuse.1763

Yes. this is what I am saying it seems like its getting worse. and it started before this league crap so dont come and say its because of the league.

Ya things went downhill a bit more after bloodlust was introduced that’s a lot of extra tracking the server has to do so it makes sense in that regard.

[Merged] Skill lag issue

in WvW

Niteip.8301

Yes. this is what I am saying it seems like its getting worse. and it started before this league crap so dont come and say its because of the league.

Ya things went downhill a bit more after bloodlust was introduced that’s a lot of extra tracking the server has to do so it makes sense in that regard.

ahh I can see that. then anet needs to work on fixing this rather then working on league or new maps. cause this is crazy dumb how bad it is.

[Merged] Skill lag issue

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

I wish I could add something more than;

“I, too, am experiencing this problem”.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

[Merged] Skill lag issue

in WvW

Posted by: jayvux.4128

jayvux.4128

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

GM of Leaders [LEAD]
Server: Darkhaven (fb.com/groups/guildwars2darkhaven)
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/TheJayvux

[Merged] Skill lag issue

in WvW

Posted by: TheLaughingMan.4320

TheLaughingMan.4320

Anet has known about this since release, and has not done a kitten thing about it. Servers are expensive, and with monetization manager running the show, upgrades are not a priority.

[Merged] Skill lag issue

in WvW

Posted by: Rackhir Tanelorn.9123

Rackhir Tanelorn.9123

NAGA|TC

[Merged] Skill lag issue

in WvW

Posted by: TheLaughingMan.4320

TheLaughingMan.4320

Has nothing to do with acquiring more/newer hardware, which is the only thing that will fix wvw skill lag

[Merged] Skill lag issue

in WvW

Posted by: Victory.2879

Victory.2879

It’s not a problem on the shiny new servers that are used for spvp, but the zx spectrums running wvw can’t cope.

Today has been THE worst day in wvw since launch, and the battles were nothing like as big as when sfr, viz and X clash in SM.

The only people then doing damage are, surprise, surprise, the non-casting melee regenning classes, running around spamming their aoe auto attacks, lagging the servers and tagging everything in sight.

Meanwhile casters can’t cast a single spell- at some points even my pistol wasn’t auto attacking, or did so with huge delays.

Victory, Beings Lost On Borderlands (BLOB), SFR & Gandara (inactive)

[Merged] Skill lag issue

in WvW

NeuroMuse.1763

zx spectrums running wvw can’t cope.

LOL I still have one of those in storage.

Things are in a pretty bad state though for sure when things get so bad auto attacks don’t even function as they should. T1 is a nightmare right now.

[Merged] Skill lag issue

in WvW

Posted by: Shinji.2063

Shinji.2063

zx spectrums running wvw can’t cope.

LOL I still have one of those in storage.

Things are in a pretty bad state though for sure when things get so bad auto attacks don’t even function as they should. T1 is a nightmare right now.

Righteous Indignation not falling away is so bad in T1. Tried to take back SM real quick after we lost it. Group nearly wipes with the buffed lord 1 shooting groups of people. Had to dance around the lord room for an extra min after the buff was supposed to off fallen away.

[Merged] Skill lag issue

in WvW

Niteip.8301

They need to stop this league and the achievement and fix this. Then redo the league later. I don’t rage often in games and this skill lag and bugged queues are making me want to quite and go play something else.

[Merged] Skill lag issue

in WvW

Posted by: sostronk.8167

sostronk.8167

I am still completely oblivious as to why they don’t just reduce the map cap to reduce the server load.

[Merged] Skill lag issue

in WvW

Posted by: Zylonite.5913

Zylonite.5913

Skill lag and network issues will never be fixed. It is not Anet problems but it is a core issues in the network protocols. This is the sad truth.

Betrayed by the gods of ANet

[Merged] Skill lag issue

in WvW

Posted by: Zylonite.5913

Zylonite.5913

I am still completely oblivious as to why they don’t just reduce the map cap to reduce the server load.

No thanks. I prefer lags than longer queues.

Betrayed by the gods of ANet

[Merged] Skill lag issue

in WvW

Posted by: Relentliss.2170

Relentliss.2170

There was no queue when I was on. Roaming with my friends. Game was virtually unplayable. Couldn’t stomp people. Different WvW timers even between people. Total JOke.

We don’t need to make mandatory gear treadmills, we make all of it optional

Anet lied (where’s the Manifesto now?)

[Merged] Skill lag issue

in WvW

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

I don’t understand why they even went along with the Leagues if their servers clearly aren’t up to the task.

I mean skill lag was bad before, but WvW participation is now 200-300% of its standard and it’s much, much worse.

[Merged] Skill lag issue

in WvW

Posted by: Rama.6439

Rama.6439

Much, Much worse, it is almost a constant thing now with no lag being the rare thing were it used to be skill lag was the rare thing in the beginning, now its almost constant, and not just in WvW, anywhere in game I go I have skill lag, LA, Frostgorge, The Mists, any map, my skills lag to hell and it sucks real bad, if Anet doesn’t confront this issue and soon, it will be the death of this game.

I don’t see how they can have free account making events at times like these, you have to imagine that new account makers are logging on and trying to play and just thinking this game is a joke cause they can’t even play most of the time, why would they continue to play if they can’t even use their skills? Come on Anet, give us some air, we are choking here.

Arcubus Balefire – 80 Guardian
Välkyri – 80 Warrior
JQ[Lulz] – Kill fur Thrillz…

[Merged] Skill lag issue

in WvW

Posted by: Luiz Swordbreaker.6547

Luiz Swordbreaker.6547

Much, Much worse, it is almost a constant thing now with no lag being the rare thing were it used to be skill lag was the rare thing in the beginning, now its almost constant, and not just in WvW, anywhere in game I go I have skill lag, LA, Frostgorge, The Mists, any map, my skills lag to hell and it sucks real bad, if Anet doesn’t confront this issue and soon, it will be the death of this game.

Weird part is, back on launch there were even more people playing WvW and the lag was nowhere near this bad. My guess is that as WvW population started dropping, they started allocating servers to SPvP and PvE overflows. Now that WvW activity is back up, the remaining servers can’t handle it.

[Scnd] Use Your Illusion

[Merged] Skill lag issue

in WvW

Posted by: GeneralJimmy.2186

GeneralJimmy.2186

They should really just reduce max map population. the blobs are to big any way. Hobefully they will do this when they add the overflow map.

[Merged] Skill lag issue

in WvW

Posted by: GrandmaFunk.3052

GrandmaFunk.3052

They should really just randomly reassign half the players in the gold league to bronze servers and permanently lock all transfers.

magically, all latency and queue issues disappear overnight!

GamersWithJobs [GWJ]
Northern Shiverpeaks

[Merged] Skill lag issue

in WvW

Posted by: Peetee.9406

Peetee.9406

They should really just randomly reassign half the players in the gold league to bronze servers and permanently lock all transfers.

I’d love to see this.

What would your response be when everyone quits and your server is still a ghost town?

Kayku
[CDS] Caedas
Sanctum of Rall

[Merged] Skill lag issue

in WvW

Posted by: GrandmaFunk.3052

GrandmaFunk.3052

I don’t know, what would your response be when WvW activity goes up on all the servers and the matches are all properly balanced?

GamersWithJobs [GWJ]
Northern Shiverpeaks

[Merged] Skill lag issue

in WvW

Posted by: butch.8136

butch.8136

I do think it’s been a while since Anets servers got hammered this bad. Atleast on the WvW-side.

Razor xxxx (Desolation ; Off)
Bring back: ‘Gamer’ title + MAT’s!
Throw out: Hotjoin!

[Merged] Skill lag issue

in WvW

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

Lets say, If Arena Net would change their servers to much powerful ones, with 2x better CPUs (not a tech expert here), would it actually make a difference? Isn’t this problem caused by the engine itself GW2 was built on?

[Merged] Skill lag issue

in WvW

Posted by: butch.8136

butch.8136

They’re reworking every single skill for this problem. I’d say they’re working on it and give them some slack.

Razor xxxx (Desolation ; Off)
Bring back: ‘Gamer’ title + MAT’s!
Throw out: Hotjoin!

[Merged] Skill lag issue

in WvW

Posted by: Chopps.5047

Chopps.5047

They’re reworking every single skill for this problem. I’d say they’re working on it and give them some slack.

I wonder if this was part of the reasoning behind healing spring field length reduction. Are there any other long duration fields that have had duration reduced? Anyways, you are right, they’re optimizing the system and apparently rebuilding it in many ways (evidence: condition damage floaters, blue skill recharge when chilled, ect). I bet they do a lot under the hood no one ever sees so it looks like they’re doing less than they are.

Tin Foil Hat Hearer »—> Ranger Extraordinaire »—> “Be like water…”

[Merged] Skill lag issue

in WvW

Posted by: Opacus.4390

Opacus.4390

No Sound anymore in wvw.
Skill lag during big fights. nothing new > but 10x worse then ever.
Skills have enormous time lag up to 5 till 10 seconds
Damage you get while long out of combat. Even happened when i was at save spawn. (invul) but still.
Stomping no use flag pops up 10 seconds after, rezzing during that is aloud.
Enemies that dissapear and re-appear during 1 vs 1 or bit more.
Framerate is still in big fights 10-20 on a 8 core + 2x ati 7950
in rest this is 50-60 fps All settings high.
When all on low settings all this still occurs. and WoW is lookin better.

[Merged] Skill lag issue

in WvW

Posted by: Daze.6914

Daze.6914

It’s no more an occasional lag issue, now it is just plain unplayable.

War Inc. Community [WIC]
Far Shiverpeaks
GW2 WvW - GW2 Gem Price

[Merged] Skill lag issue

in WvW

Posted by: KeeZee.7312

KeeZee.7312

The only issue Anet has is trying to figure out how to accommodate the much larger Asian market into WvW with what they have.

Enjoy being the beta test for the Asian expansion.

[Merged] Skill lag issue

in WvW

Posted by: Cameron.2315

Cameron.2315

Wont matter bronze league has it also. stop being one of the usual if tier 1 didn’t stack bla bla bla we dont have these problems in the lower tiers kittens
See said server of person
Wondering the same, skill lags are out of this world …
GM of Guild: Leaders [LEAD]
Server: Darkhaven (fb.com/groups/guildwars2darkhaven)
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/thejayvux

[Merged] Skill lag issue

in WvW

Posted by: KeeZee.7312

KeeZee.7312

This would result in a lot of the WvW player base leaving the game.

If someone hasn’t joined WvW in the year its been live adding achievements isn’t going to make them like it.

Its just going to make them kitten ed off that they need to do something they don’t want to do.

[Merged] Skill lag issue

in WvW

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

Ive noticed that everyone is losing their sound during the really big fights now, which is new.

It’s not new for me, every zerg fight in sm I will lose my sound for a long time.

[Merged] Skill lag issue

in WvW

Posted by: niceboy.1068

niceboy.1068

As title says the lag has been insane since the league started , but for the last 10 minutes everyone gets dc after 2 minutes in WvW.
Can we get an ETA or something from Anet when they gonna fix this , before the league finishes ?

(edited by Moderator)

[Merged] Skill lag issue

in WvW

Posted by: Falassion.8031

Falassion.8031

Thanks to the achievement a lot of pve players join WvW. After 2 hours of queue (today start at 10:00 am) what you find? LAG …. horrible lag and you cant do nothing. I like play in EBG, and i know that big fight in SM make Always lag. Ok, i changed border. Try with gandara border. LAG followed me !!

This evening after a long queue i joined in ebg and … lost connection server after a long lag.

Please Anet do something for this …

[Merged] Skill lag issue

in WvW

Posted by: Esuni.2498

Esuni.2498

This lag is horrible, it’s not even being cause by the league players.
I’ve never experienced such contsant lag for entire days and players dcing all the time, this is unplayable.
What did they screw up this time…

Aurora Glade – Esuni [TUP]

[Merged] Skill lag issue

in WvW

Posted by: Jackie.1829

Jackie.1829

Everything is breaking. LA lagging, I was spvping that started lagging. My entire guild roster disappeared for me and everybody from votf online.

Anet has the best servers ever.

[VoTF] www.votf-online.net
GW1 Rank 1 – 2 Gold Capes – [sC] [sup]

[Merged] Skill lag issue

in WvW

Posted by: MartyPartys.9187

MartyPartys.9187

Haven’t had any fight without (skill)lag since the league started. Random DCs happening aswell.

It’s not even just the big fights, it’s even 20v20 fights where there is constant lag. Or even when there is nothing going on there is lag.

[Merged] Skill lag issue

in WvW

Posted by: Bero.2193

Bero.2193

This has nothing to do with the players joining wvw, it’s something anet has implemented in the recent patch which is causing the extreme constant lag. Hopefully anet has seen and are rectifying this problem.

Commander Tálok

[Merged] Skill lag issue

in WvW

Posted by: Scoobaniec.9561

Scoobaniec.9561

African servers ftw.

[Merged] Skill lag issue

in WvW

Posted by: Xoranium.6481

Xoranium.6481

Server just popped 3 times in a row -.-

Xor – Gandara

[WvW]Xoranium – Thief – Treb Master of Gandara

[Merged] Skill lag issue

in WvW

Posted by: Kitiara.2706

Kitiara.2706

The Qs and lag are actually making me miss WoW. I never thought I would say that, or feel that. But the lag (and freaking WvW achievements bringing in all the stupid pugs) have made the game just about unplayable.

[Merged] Skill lag issue

in WvW

Posted by: johnnymiller.5968

johnnymiller.5968

Seems like the game has crashed now; I cannot log back in and yes the lag today is terrible; unable to use my weapon at times, even farming for ore was impossible.