Mesmer Clones and AoE circles

in WvW

Posted by: Nanashi.5704

Nanashi.5704

First Mesmer clones. Are they really working as intended in WvW? I dont see how a mesmer can stand out of line of sight during a siege and have their clones show up on the walls, inside the gate, in the courtyard (where the cata normally is placed to defend gates) or in a towers little area with the guild claim guy. I get that their “Magical” and shiz but unless its an AoE, like the mages fire storm thing, then any class should have to be able to see their target to cast something on them.
Second is the red AoE circles hit outside of their areas, but i think its a hit box problem. I notice it mostly on siege weapons, but it sometimes happens to my character if i’m just outside the edge of the circle. Has this been brought up already, because its pretty bad when something is clearly out of the AoE marker yet it still gets hit.
Has Anet already addressed these issues and i just missed them when browsing?

in WvW

Posted by: Wintuo.1356

Wintuo.1356

Dunno about your second issue with the aoe circles, but speaking as a mesmer we do actually manually target siege(keep in mind the ele’s and rangers do not havto do this they get to randomly throw their aoe up on top). We find little slivers to latch a target to, or, as most ppl dont understand that we do this, we click on players on the edge that are actually so close to their siege standing on the edge of the walls that both the siege and those players get hit. Simple counter to mesmer clones is keep 1-2 ppl that u know can one shot the clones on the siege you want protected while another fires it. For most mesmers it takes us at least 5-8 beserkers to take down any siege, more if its a treb. Those clones have a decent cooldown and u can keep destroying them. More or less push back the mesmers doing it faster and your siege still stands. More or less the same as an ele/ranger hitting the siege, push/kill them no more aoe on your siege. About the cata issue, unless its red/blue/green(lake) tower the cata’s can be set up out of range of being targeted by us, I often set my catas where i know i wont be hit.

Win Two Ohhh lvl 80 Human Mesmer
Guard the Guild lvl 80 Norn Guardian
Outlaws and Vagabonds(LaWz) on TC

in WvW

Posted by: Nanashi.5704

Nanashi.5704

i was in the center of Longview using the cata over the wall to hit their siege on the little hill ankittenpt getting mesmer clones spawning on me. was also happening when i was on a ballista in the guild claiming area of LV and people were running right up to the edge, absolutely no vision of me and i was out of range of any aoe, and still clones were spawning on me. i cant shoot back because i cant even see them and theres no way they can see me.
And i know its easy to kill the clones, my point is that even when people arent in LoS they’re getting clones on them. Sure they may have targeted me when i was on the wall before jumping down or when they were running up to the wall to try and hit my ballista, but once they’re in position and cant actually see me they sholdnt be able to spawn clones on people/siege.

in WvW

Posted by: Tijo.9857

Tijo.9857

I don’t think a mesmer should be able to spawn clones inside a keep through walls and doors.

in WvW

Posted by: wads.5730

wads.5730

i was in the center of Longview using the cata over the wall to hit their siege on the little hill ankittenpt getting mesmer clones spawning on me. was also happening when i was on a ballista in the guild claiming area of LV and people were running right up to the edge, absolutely no vision of me and i was out of range of any aoe, and still clones were spawning on me. i cant shoot back because i cant even see them and theres no way they can see me.
And i know its easy to kill the clones, my point is that even when people arent in LoS they’re getting clones on them. Sure they may have targeted me when i was on the wall before jumping down or when they were running up to the wall to try and hit my ballista, but once they’re in position and cant actually see me they sholdnt be able to spawn clones on people/siege.

here’s an idea, get someone to go kill the mesmer.

in WvW

Wintuo.1356

Well there is the issue of, if you have a person targeted and a mesmer follows you to the wall of the keep/tower he still has you targeted, i agree that this aspect should be fixed. When you go out of sight you shouldnt be able to be targeted as a player. Having you targeted and u run straight to your cata without getting out of range of the mesmer ur basically giving yourself as his target to kill your cata even if he/she cant click on the cata.

in WvW

Posted by: Sajec.5302

Sajec.5302

Mesmers cant cast the berserker illusion without a target. If you can find one and watch them closely, you’ll see a mez run away from the wall and move around until they can get a target lock on the siege…then they run up to the wall and cast the ONE spell they have that can hit it.

Very easy to counter: kill the illusion or kill/push the mez off.

Dredstorm One Eye
Daemon’s Gate [HELL]
Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Thesalesman.8350

Thesalesman.8350

Hi, i’m a mesmer and i don’t need to manually target anything or have LOS to use the berserker. You get close to something hittable, use the ability and observe big numbers on screen. If this gets fixed (requiring LOS) im rolling a thief (like i already haven’t)

in WvW

Posted by: Nidhogg.2950

Nidhogg.2950

You are right, absolutely nothing can be done against this and the mesmer that is hugging the wall below where you stand is just another illusion that can safely be ignored, in fact, just to be sure, tell your allies to leave that mesmer alone.

Now for something more serious, when I get hit by one of those pesky Meteor Swarms you ellies like tossing about I cant attack the meteors, they just hit. Same with lava font, but people have no problem attacking my berserker, whats up with that?

I got a mesmer and an elementalist, if I get attacked by a berserker illusion while Im on the walls I just stroll over to the edge(those berserkers only attack once every few seconds) look down into the face of a mesmer hugging the wall and praying that no one up there sees him.

I then rain down fiery death on the mesmer, there are many classes I find a nuisance when Im defending a wall but mesmers are not one of those.

Guildleader of Vitas, Gunnars Hold

in WvW

Posted by: fixit.7189

fixit.7189

If mesmer can’t actually get to a location themselves, their clones should not be able to get to areas not accessible by normal means. You don’t even have to target stuff for those serker clones to do it either. Just hug the wall, pop it, and then watch as they ginsu stuff up top.

in WvW

Wintuo.1356

Again, i just repeat, ele’s rangers and necros all they gotta do is lay their circles up top, its the same principle yet you guys single out mesmers. why not take away all classes ability to ever hit above the gate again to solve all your complaints about beserkers.
I would love to have my zerker stuck in a ring that i can place on top of a wall, if i see which direction the cart is firing from id just pull an ele/ranger style to kill it the same way as i do now

in WvW

wads.5730

If mesmer can’t actually get to a location themselves, their clones should not be able to get up on top of walls and attack siege. You don’t even have to target stuff for those serker clones to do it either. Just hug the wall, pop it, and then watch as they ginsu siege on the wall.

if thats the case, then NO other classes should be able to attack up walls. meteor doesnt need a target, nor does it require the ele to be able to get to the aoe location themselves.

the illusion is just another aoe effect, except instead of moving out of the way, you have to tickle it, and the aoe ends.

in WvW

fixit.7189

You can easily place siege out of range of meteor storm. I know this for a fact through much trial and error.

Yet mesmers serker clones can reach well beyond ele AoE and climb walls.

Meh, w/e. I will grudgingly accept that mesmer is the ultimate Wv3 class and move on. See ya!

in WvW

Posted by: Arani.9057

Arani.9057

clones require LoS as they are physical.
Phantasms are “ghosts”/non-corporeal light based entities and can pass through/climb walls. They are light projections not physical meteors or arrows or iceburgs from heaven and have no collision.

The NPCs will kill our zerkers faster than we can put them up unless they are specd to be beefed up. We are also slightly bugged with the spec that gives them HP(and other specd buffs) as it doesn’t trigger on cast but 1s after cast so it’s still a 1 shot from an NPC. I’m Specced with full force beefcake Zerkers and it takes me a long time to take down siege all by myself, and ends up cat and mouse shadow games to get down one poorly placed treb. It can take 45 minutes to get one down solo, where as begging a ranger or an ele to just come drop a rock on it takes 60s.

We NEED a target. No target no Zerker, unlike AoE and ring type casters.

Aradea [AoS] /\/\ESS/\/\ERR of Jade Quarry (GG SBI)
I’ll show you exactly what a Mesmer can do, SS cost extra.

in WvW

fixit.7189

Lol, no. Unless ele is full out dps spec; you wont be taking out a treb in 60 secs. Even then I don’t think it’s possible. If you even breath on that DPS ele, they are dead meat since they will be super squishie anyways.

Like to point out that; it takes 4.5 secs of fully no interrupt channeling to cast MS, with an added 5 or so secs for it to even start dmging, and then a 30 sec cd thus disproving that claim all together. A single cast of MS will not take out a treb, no way.

This is only AoE I have that has the radius to even have a chance to hit siege on higher elevations unless they are dumb and put it near an edge; then I can use other AoEs. Not saying MS is weak, it’s only real redeeming thing about staff ele other than support however it has limitations that can be countered easily by placing siege correctly.

(edited by fixit.7189)

in WvW

Posted by: ExiaRuin.3498

ExiaRuin.3498

Ran in to this alot last night. loss of line of sight target breaking should be thought of as a solution for this. For an eli or necro, our direct to target burns or chills ect… respond back with “obstructed”. so why is this not the case for Mesmer?

in WvW

Posted by: Kirtai.9023

Kirtai.9023

Ran in to this alot last night. loss of line of sight target breaking should be thought of as a solution for this. For an eli or necro, our direct to target burns or chills ect… respond back with “obstructed”. so why is this not the case for Mesmer?

The Berserker is an aoe phantasm, not a direct to target one.
Besides, on my ele I have no trouble hitting targets I can’t see with my aoes. Why should my mesmer be any different?

Shiori Flutura – Human Mesmer
Mairi Lestari – Human Elementalist
Desolation EU

in WvW

Posted by: ExiaRuin.3498

ExiaRuin.3498

For one all other aoe spell and ability’s for all other classes is targeting circle then use not lock target and cast. So why does this one ability classified as aoe function like a line of site direct damage? should it not function like ALL other aoe? or run in to the same restrictions that line of site direct damage spells and ability’s have?

in WvW

Posted by: Korval.2197

Korval.2197

Again, i just repeat, ele’s rangers and necros all they gotta do is lay their circles up top, its the same principle yet you guys single out mesmers. why not take away all classes ability to ever hit above the gate again to solve all your complaints about beserkers.

There seems to be some confusion. The Meteor Shower AOE does not cover the whole red circle on the ground. Each meteor is a separate projectile and you will only take damage if you get hit by a meteor. You will not get hit if you stand in between meteors – even if you are still inside the red circle. Consequently avoiding damage from Meteor Shower should be straight forward even if you do not doge out of it.

Casting Meteor Shower also requires that I have LOS to the target area. I can not stand in front of a keep wall and cast Meteor Shower inside a keep while a Mesmer can get his Berserker inside the keep. Additionally casting Meteor Shower takes multiple seconds where I have to stand still and where I have to be quite close to the intended target area. The cast animation is also very obvious and combined with the fact that an elementalist has to give up a lot of his defence to gain strong damage output he can be easily killed before he is able to finish the Meteor Shower cast.

A Mesmer Berserker hits for 5k – 6k with a single attack against a light armor wearer while a Meteor Shower hits on the average for around 2k – 3k per meteor. The high damage output of those Berserkers combined with the simple minded aggro mechanics that this game features means that a light armor wearer on siege equipment will either have to accept that he will die fast or he will spend more time killing those Berserkers and healing himself back up rather than actually using the siege equipment. Naturally, somewhere between 1 and 5 seconds after you killed one Berserker another one will be right back and hit you again for 5k – 6k.

At a minimum the Berserker skill needs to be changed so that the LOS check actually works.

in WvW

wads.5730

There seems to be some confusion. The Meteor Shower AOE does not cover the whole red circle on the ground. Each meteor is a separate projectile and you will only take damage if you get hit by a meteor. You will not get hit if you stand in between meteors – even if you are still inside the red circle. Consequently avoiding damage from Meteor Shower should be straight forward even if you do not doge out of it.

Casting Meteor Shower also requires that I have LOS to the target area. I can not stand in front of a keep wall and cast Meteor Shower inside a keep while a Mesmer can get his Berserker inside the keep. Additionally casting Meteor Shower takes multiple seconds where I have to stand still and where I have to be quite close to the intended target area. The cast animation is also very obvious and combined with the fact that an elementalist has to give up a lot of his defence to gain strong damage output he can be easily killed before he is able to finish the Meteor Shower cast.

A Mesmer Berserker hits for 5k – 6k with a single attack against a light armor wearer while a Meteor Shower hits on the average for around 2k – 3k per meteor. The high damage output of those Berserkers combined with the simple minded aggro mechanics that this game features means that a light armor wearer on siege equipment will either have to accept that he will die fast or he will spend more time killing those Berserkers and healing himself back up rather than actually using the siege equipment. Naturally, somewhere between 1 and 5 seconds after you killed one Berserker another one will be right back and hit you again for 5k – 6k.

At a minimum the Berserker skill needs to be changed so that the LOS check actually works.

if that change is implemented, then mesmers will literally have 0 attacks that can hit people on or inside keeps. is that fair?

in WvW

Arani.9057

you need a target to cast berserker but it does an AoE sweep in a straight line. It is a thin line not like an arc, straight so it’s not a huge AoE radius.

We do get obstructed when we try to cast something corporeal like clones or even any of our auto attack stuff and we have no AoE to generally speak of outside of chaos storm which does nothing to siege as it causes condition damage only nothing DD.

The only thing we have that allows us to do any damage at all during a siege is our berserker, outside of slapping the door. It’s not instant cast it has like 6 hp, exaggeration, and you think the Zerker is OP compared to like all AoE rings, wells, rangers arrows, etc… it’s pretty in line. For the first 3 months the mes forums said nothing about the kitteness of the zerker and all us Mesmer who used it…

6k my kitten. they hit the dummy in lions arch for 1.2k. They are rarely alive for more than one pass unless you spec to make them do so which means you have given up a lot of other forms of 1v1 dps.

The game was made so people could specialize in something by specking into it and sacrificing other options. A Mesmer who specs to kill siege and wall huggers has done the same as any thief, warrior, or guardian for what they prefer to focus on.

in WvW

Posted by: mOOnRaBBiT.8913

mOOnRaBBiT.8913

translation:

“another class have a single skill that have much better range than the class i’m using!!! nerf it quick!!!”

in WvW

fixit.7189

No other class pets can climb walls; but mesmers can.

So on that train of thought…let all pets climb walls.

I want to see bears eating trebs!

in WvW

mOOnRaBBiT.8913

^ yeah and make it so that bears die in a small amount of hits, die everytime a target dies and so on. and remove also those profession skills from ranger where they can command their pets.

you can’t just give bears the iberserkers strength without giving it it’s weakness and mechanics right?

(edited by mOOnRaBBiT.8913)

in WvW

Arani.9057

No other class pets can climb walls; but mesmers can.

So on that train of thought…let all pets climb walls.

I want to see bears eating trebs!

no other class can stealth like a thief so lets all have that, no other class can decimate a zerg like a war or heal like an Ele or one shot like an engineer… Proffessions are supposed to have differences.

If you want invisible pets and micromanage 3 illusions that die when the target dies then recast then roll a Mesmer, if you want a pet you never have to recast except when its dead play the other pet classes.

in WvW

fixit.7189

Deny it all you want but mesmers are the most feared class in Wv3 bar none.

Ask anyone not a mesmer.

in WvW

Posted by: Korval.2197

Korval.2197

if that change is implemented, then mesmers will literally have 0 attacks that can hit people on or inside keeps. is that fair?

It would be a first step towards more fairness between Mesmer and other classes’s AOE behavior. An elementalist can not cast inside a keep with the only exception that he is able to climb on a higher point right beside of a keep wall and where this point is still low enough so that the keep ground floor is in range of his AOE. An elementalist can cast on top of a wall by targeting the front of a wall – that is true. But by doing so the AOE loses 50% of its effectiveness because the front most 50% of the AOE circle is in front of the keep and only the backward 50% have a chance to hit any foe. The enemy on the other side can easily avoid the AOE altogether by moving to the very inside ledge of the keep wall. Why so many players fail to do this and instead keep on standing right on a spot where they get continuously hit by a meteor is one of the many fascinatingly illogic things going on in the game.

How about that: the Berserker skill does a proper LOS check and the Chaos Storm ability is changed so that it does direct damage plus the random condition nonsense is replaced with a proper condition mechanic where you can know up front before you cast it what condition it will cast.

in WvW

mOOnRaBBiT.8913

Deny it all you want but mesmers are the most feared class in Wv3 bar none.

Ask anyone not a mesmer.

so is this iberserker the reason why they are feared? if not then why nerf it? because it has much better range than elementalist?

and i thought thieves are the most feared. XD

(edited by mOOnRaBBiT.8913)

in WvW

Posted by: elderan.2638

elderan.2638

Berserker isn’t meant to have a LOS check at all, that’s what makes it such a great skill.

in WvW

Arani.9057

If everyone thinks Mesmers are so OP why are there so few, and so many Ele’s and thieves. Every time the call to take out siege is made I see 3-4 of each Ele and ranger running to the sides and I’m looking around, yep the only skirt sporting a great sword. There are more Mesmers on my server now than there were a couple months ago, but when I joined the server all I heard was yay finally some Mesmers.

Too many people want to have a class that can do everything. It’s not enough to have the ability to drop 15 bags in a zerg for an AoE class they want to be able to cast through walls now, not enough their pets don’t need recasting, they need to be invisible too, Not enough to not have to have a target to cast your abilities they want to have a pet too, not enough to be able to perma stealth they should be able to survive lots of damage too…

Mesmers been complaining since day 1 we have so little AoE we get crap for badges. We have so little speed ability we take forever to move across the map… we have our complaints we just don’t call please nerf Eles and thiefs and necros etc because they can all move sooooo much faster than us. We don’t get a single heal as a utility class unless we spec for it, but Ele’s masters of the turtle survivability heals/regen unlimited… anyone can say the other classes are OP. Rangers can hit things further than anyone else… why are we not saying it’s time to cut that back. Why should rangers be able to shoot arros at things they cant see? Why does an Ele only need to touch the edge etc etc… cry about what you want fixed for your class stop blaming mesmers for wanting to do everything with one class.

It’s because the nature of what Mesmer do is annoying, it bruises the ego. Pages and pages of “nerf Moa”… the dumbest ability we have IMO but nerf it,because it annoys people to not have control for 10s, when a group of ELEs can make 40+ players invincible for a time and thieves can escape all danger or perma stealth and the list goes on and on and on. Stop blaming Mesmer for annoying you.

in WvW

Posted by: Scyntrus.2458

Scyntrus.2458

I play a mesmer, and I can tell you that phantasmal berserker is never obstructed, which is probably a bug since all the other phantasms can be obstructed. Even though I play mesmer, I’d still like this fixed.

Thief is way more OP.

After arguing with an engineer for a while, you begin to realize that he actually enjoys it.

in WvW

Posted by: Aveneo.2068

Aveneo.2068

Berserker isn’t meant to have a LOS check at all, that’s what makes it such a great skill.

Yep, and it’s the only useful one we have when everyone is getting shot at by siege weapons from atop a wall while elementalists, necromancers and rangers are having a field day by putting the hurt on everyone. And here’s the little Mesmer who actually has to run all the way up to the wall through all the arrowcarts and lava storms just so they can have one little zerker on the wall that dies after maybe one attack.

And besides, it’s your own kitten fault if you or your siege gets a zerker on you. If you refuse to back off from the wall or put your siege close enough to it, then we make use of that mistake.

Mesmers are a control-class. That means they are meant to mess with you if you make the mistake of letting them mess you up. So either you back off from the wall like we want you to (or stand somewhere else) or you get a zerker every 12-15s. Your choice!

Here I am, giving away trade secrets… Newsflash, the zerker can go up walls; but only up to 1200 range. So if you move beyond the range of the Mesmer, he will have wasted his phantasm because it will not show up and has to wait the full 16 seconds to get it back!

But it seems some people just have to whine about every little thing nowadays. Maybe they should consider playing Hello Kitty Island Adventures or something…

Valiant Aislinn – Aveneo Lightbringer – Shalene Amuriel – Dread Cathulu
Fojja – Vyxxi – Nymmra – Mymmra – Champion of Dwayna .. and more

Highly Over Powered Explorers [HOPE] – Desolation EU

in WvW

mOOnRaBBiT.8913

I play a mesmer, and I can tell you that phantasmal berserker is never obstructed, which is probably a bug since all the other phantasms can be obstructed. Even though I play mesmer, I’d still like this fixed.

Thief is way more OP.

base on the berserker’s mechanics, i think it won’t get obstructed.

by the way i agree with Arani, mesmers have their issues also and one of those is running. i wish my mesmer have my engineer’s perma swiftness. XD

in WvW

Posted by: Xanupox.3852

Xanupox.3852

A Mesmer does NOT have to target anything. They just get close to the wall, NO TARGET SELECTED, then use the ability. The games “Auto Target Feature”, will choose the nearest available target to send the spell at. This is often Siege or players behind the wall repairing it. So many things are wrong with WvWvW, this is just one of many.

in WvW

Posted by: Nokaru.7831

Nokaru.7831

Since all other Phantasm (Illusionary Warden, Warlock, Swordsmen, Duelist and Mage) are subject to line-of-sight checks, it is safe to assume the Illusionary Berserker is bugged. Mesmers are using their Berserkers to kill things inside towers and keeps, not just on top of them. Ridiculous.

in WvW

Posted by: nuxotrix.8456

nuxotrix.8456

Well iff this is a problem , then puling ppl down from a roof is the same was standing last weekend on the roof at the lord room in garrison near my 6 arrowcarts i was standing in the middle off the roof and not near the edge but then i pulled down in the lord room and died this really makes no sense at all

Only the beresker can do that and you also can use that reflect skill to that does not have a los to like the berseker

in WvW

Posted by: styx.7294

styx.7294

Temporal curtain is nothing like berserker. It only pulls people that are way close to the edge.

Berserker doesn’t need anyone targeted. It’ll find its own target if there’s a legitimate one in the area. As far as I can tell, everything else gets obstructed. It does seem weird but it’s the only thing we can really do against people on walls other than chaos storm which has has 35 second cooldown.

Gate of Madness

in WvW

Posted by: Aveneo.2068

Aveneo.2068

Well iff this is a problem , then puling ppl down from a roof is the same was standing last weekend on the roof at the lord room in garrison near my 6 arrowcarts i was standing in the middle off the roof and not near the edge but then i pulled down in the lord room and died this really makes no sense at all

Only the beresker can do that and you also can use that reflect skill to that does not have a los to like the berseker

Uhm, I don’t recall a berserker having the ability to pull you down from anywhere; it simply whirlwinds through you (same as the Warrior’s Whirlwind Attack) and that’s it.

Are you sure you weren’t being pulled down by Into The Void (#4 Focus ability) or didn’t see the Mesmer sneaking up behind you and doing his Illusionary /wave? (#5 Greatsword ability)? I have lots of fun punting enemies off cliffs with that one

Valiant Aislinn – Aveneo Lightbringer – Shalene Amuriel – Dread Cathulu
Fojja – Vyxxi – Nymmra – Mymmra – Champion of Dwayna .. and more

Highly Over Powered Explorers [HOPE] – Desolation EU

in WvW

Posted by: nuxotrix.8456

nuxotrix.8456

i know that but the other skill they can use the focus skill 4 that did pull me down i know from walls and cliffs im also doing that but when standing on a roof then pulling down makes sence i mean how can they pull me trough the sealing

(edited by nuxotrix.8456)

in WvW

Posted by: Columba.9730

Columba.9730

rangers cannot send pets into keeps or down from keeps. why can mesmers? rangers must be able to target a surface to aoe, why aren’t mesmers required to do the same?

only thieves know how to play, they chant “L2P” every time their god mode is challenged.

in WvW

Posted by: SteepledHat.1345

SteepledHat.1345

I wish I could speak freely, but sadly moderators exist. I have an elem and a mes at cap. I can tell you, without a shadow of a doubt, that I’m way more dangerous to your siege as a elem than a mes. There are very few skills a mes can use to hit siege from the ground. Someone mentioned about there being places you can put seige to protect it from elems/rangers. That sounds broken to me. You shouldn’t be able to fully protect your siege. So we mes might be able to counter it. Perhaps you could stand in front of it so we can’t target it. Or maybe, I don’t know, just kill our berserker with it’s tiny hp pool. It takes all of 3 seconds.

“Failure to remain calm is the sign of a weak mind.”

in WvW

Scyntrus.2458

A Mesmer does NOT have to target anything. They just get close to the wall, NO TARGET SELECTED, then use the ability. The games “Auto Target Feature”, will choose the nearest available target to send the spell at. This is often Siege or players behind the wall repairing it. So many things are wrong with WvWvW, this is just one of many.

This is incredibly wrong. If a mesmer uses phantasmal berserker with no target selected, no phantasm spawns. I know, I play mesmer. Just cause you’re up a wall, doesn’t mean we can’t target you.

After arguing with an engineer for a while, you begin to realize that he actually enjoys it.

in WvW

Posted by: Xandax.1753

Xandax.1753

Elementalists hit you without LOS and even where they can’t see target you at all either.

in WvW

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

I’m a mesmer,

It’s not “mesmers”, it’s just the iBerserker phantasm. Scepter will spawn an illusion at a target on the third strike: this is functioning as intended, and requires los. Very easy to avoid on a wall, target has to be standing right up the front and be hittable by the regular attack. Another phantasm, the phantasmial warden on the offhand focus weapon, will always get a los fail message for anyone who hasn’t jumped up on the outter edge of a wall. Even standing right at the front, so long as you’re behind the lip, it wont land. You have to have los to the targets feet, basically. So that’s why you’ll see it on a cannon, but that’s about it.

So plenty of examples of mesmers “working properly”, just the iBerserker works differently.

I’m happy for Anet to destroy iberserker though, feel free, wouldn’t bother me one bit

in WvW

Scyntrus.2458

@Xandax

What ele skill doesn’t need los? I also play ele and I would like to know. The patched lightning strike a long time ago.

Aside from big AoEs.

in WvW

Posted by: Embolism.8106

Embolism.8106

To clarify, the only Mesmer Illusion that requires no LoS is the Phantasmal Berserker, which I’m quite sure is a bug. Every other Phantasm will fail if there is no direct LoS when they’re conjured (which I can tell you is very aggravating as it is often difficult to tell if something on a wall is in LoS of your character or not).

Also remember that Mesmer Illusions are not so much pets as they are hexes given physical form: they require a target and are bound to that target. Think of them as DoTs cast on you, except you can end the DoT by killing it. Also remember that Mesmers rely on their Illusions to use their Shatter mechanic, if they cannot use Illusions then they cannot use Shatters.

in WvW

Posted by: SteepledHat.1345

SteepledHat.1345

@Xandax

What ele skill doesn’t need los? I also play ele and I would like to know. The patched lightning strike a long time ago.

Aside from big AoEs.

On a staff elem….
Fire 2, 5
Water 2,3,4,5 (AoE healing from the ground onto a wall.)
Air 1,4, 5 (Air 1 chain bounces doesn’t require LoS, air 4 buffs allies you can’t see behind you)
Earth 3,4,5

Mesmer has…
GS 3,4
Staff 5 (lol, it’s a defensive tool)

That’s it, iirc.

Maybe we should nerf elem?

“Failure to remain calm is the sign of a weak mind.”

in WvW

Posted by: Ralathar.7236

Ralathar.7236

@Xandax

Aside from big AoEs.

Dragon’s Tooth. High damage AOE with both good power and good condition damage that does not require LOS. Relatively small AOE, difficult to hit moving targets with, but high damage. 900 Range I believe so that is lesser than the 1,200 phantasms.

As far as the Phantasmal Beserker? 100% sure it’s going to require LOS eventually, it’s just too good as is.

Rashanala – 80 Elementalist
Ehmry Bay – Legion of the Iron Hawk [Hawk]

in WvW

Posted by: Korgov.7645

Korgov.7645

Guardian spirit weapons fail to go through gates and up the walls beyond LoS. Is this a bug then?

Sulkshine – Mesmer
This won’t hurt [Much]
Ring of Fire

in WvW

Posted by: Bogey.5423

Bogey.5423

Phantasmal Berserker is nowhere as powerful as some seem to think (no 5k aoe, no 1-5 second cooldown and it is quite squishy), it takes quite a bit of time to kill even arrow cart with berserker. When berserkers starts to appear near your siege weapons there is that wall hugging mesmer near. Maybe you could find friendly mesmer to target and summon Phantasmal Berkerkers on that mesmer that target your siege equipment, it works both way.

Personally I think it is a profession specific quirk that works as intended, hardly something that effect battle outcome in major way. Mesmers lack any real AoE, so berserker becomes choice of weapon then out of necessity.

I hate Spectral Grasp and Scorpion Wire, so I think those should be removed. Also I hate that heavy armor classes can withstand so much damage and that thieves can move so fast and stay invisible a lot. Then I hate that necros have so much health and …

[Hex]