Mesmer Feedback Color

Mesmer Feedback Color

in WvW

Posted by: Gumby.1708

Gumby.1708

The Mesmer skill “Feedback” needs to be team color coded …

There is no way to distinguish friendly vs hostile feedbacks, so you inevitably hurt your own team and probably don’t even notice it because some poor other guy gets the reflected stuff in his face.

That Pink bubble may look pretty, but its not practical in wvw

Mesmer Feedback Color

in WvW

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

+1 to this.
As an engineer, it’s very hard to tell whether this feedback bauble foes or ours when everyone’s clustering together. I probably hurt my team alot without noticing myself.

Same change should go to things like wall of reflection and other area spell that reflect projectiles.

Mesmer Feedback Color

in WvW

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

agree

in other games entire spells would turn red

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

Mesmer Feedback Color

in WvW

Posted by: Pyroatheist.9031

Pyroatheist.9031

Yep, this really needs to happen.

Mesmer Feedback Color

in WvW

Posted by: EFWinters.5421

EFWinters.5421

Not needed for PvE aka low priority.

If Marjory had the wrong eye color I’m sure they would hotfix it within an hour but they have let this go on for over a year now without response.

Human Guardian
Fort Aspenwood

Mesmer Feedback Color

in WvW

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

but but i like my purple :-(

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

Mesmer Feedback Color

in WvW

Posted by: Handin.4032

Handin.4032

This needs to happen but a few changes first (mostly so they fix real issues finally instead of just cosmetic):
1) Make feedback work properly (sometimes it has some weird issues with placement where it doesn’t go to the right place). Also, it should only be available when an enemy is targeted, or make it so if you accidentally click it it doesn’t go somewhere totally wonky (just more for convenience lol)
2) Make mesmer focus reflects actually WORK, since feedback is the only reflect that at least reflects properly.

The colors would be nice not to differentiate between enemy and friendly, but in the middle of battle, the faint purple color can sometimes be hard to spot. Maybe it’d be nice to have a blue feedback for friendly, and like red or dark green enemy one

TC Golden Dolyak – [DOLY]
Mesmer – FURY
Rank 55 – Bunker Engi, Top 300

(edited by Handin.4032)

Mesmer Feedback Color

in WvW

Posted by: BlackDevil.9268

BlackDevil.9268

Hm… Interesting… +1

Mesmer Feedback Color

in WvW

Posted by: RedCobra.7693

RedCobra.7693

hmm lmao how about no, im going to be the first one to stand up, (no im not slim shady) the mesmer is all about deception and trickery, this skill is one of the finest examples of the mesmer and the moment you change it to team colours it turns into a big giant warning to stop firing projectiles, listen up ITS SUPPOSED TO TRICK YOU!!!

RedCobra – Ranked PVP Druid
Current Season – Platinum (Soloq)
Retired GW2 ESL Tournament Admin

Mesmer Feedback Color

in WvW

Gumby.1708

ITS SUPPOSED TO TRICK YOU!!!

Thats the biggest bullkitten ive heard so far ….

mesmer lore =/= mesmer gamemechanics

Please explain to me why my character is able to distinguish every other enemy spell from friendly spells, including other mesmer spells like nullfield by the red outline(which clearly should “trick me” because mesmers, right ?! ).

And i don’t think it would be a mesmers intention to trick his own entire team, leading them to cease attacks in order not to hurt their own team. Furthermore if you want to give me that logical lore bullkitten how does a purple reflection bubble differentiate between friend or foe ? How are friendly characters immune to the effects and how does a spell know which person to hurt or not to buff?

The gamemechanics are based on functionality not on lore and realism.

Im not sure but i think Time Warp doesnt have an indication either, which would be helpful to know since it buffs people with quickness and generates an etheral combofield.

Mesmer Feedback Color

in WvW

Posted by: Nefejrangh.2584

Nefejrangh.2584

Totaly agree +1

Mesmer Feedback Color

in WvW

Posted by: Tongku.5326

Tongku.5326

The Mesmer skill “Feedback” needs to be team color coded …

There is no way to distinguish friendly vs hostile feedbacks, so you inevitably hurt your own team and probably don’t even notice it because some poor other guy gets the reflected stuff in his face.

That Pink bubble may look pretty, but its not practical in wvw

Hi

The circle outline is red just like any other opponent AOE, problem is you tend to focus on the “dome graphic”, as I used to.

You can do 2 things to help. 1st set your “animations” option under graphics to the lowest possible setting as this makes the red circles much more visible, 2nd takes a bit of practice, basically train yourself a bit to look at or look for the circles on ground rather then the domes themselves.

This helps a lot, I still get into enemy feedbacks here and there but most of the time I am able to avoid them now.

Hope this helps you a bit.

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF

Mesmer Feedback Color

in WvW

RedCobra.7693

Please explain to me why my character is able to distinguish every other enemy spell from friendly spells, including other mesmer spells like nullfield by the red outline(which clearly should “trick me” because mesmers, right ?! ).

And i don’t think it would be a mesmers intention to trick his own entire team, leading them to cease attacks in order not to hurt their own team. Furthermore if you want to give me that logical lore bullkitten how does a purple reflection bubble differentiate between friend or foe ? How are friendly characters immune to the effects and how does a spell know which person to hurt or not to buff?

Im not sure but i think Time Warp doesnt have an indication either, which would be helpful to know since it buffs people with quickness and generates an etheral combofield.

cough, enemy feedbacks have a red outline -_- “You are not ready” (sensei voice)
no but seriously get your facts right before you start mouthing off, work as a team so they know when youre placing down your FB and TW or its going to confuse them, and yes mesmers are there for deception, skillwise and lorewise

Mesmer Feedback Color

in WvW

Posted by: denimdan.8642

denimdan.8642

cough, enemy feedbacks have a red outline -_- “You are not ready” (sensei voice)
no but seriously get your facts right before you start mouthing off, work as a team so they know when youre placing down your FB and TW or its going to confuse them, and yes mesmers are there for deception, skillwise and lorewise

cough, when theres 40 ppl fighting at one spot, you CANT SEE THE GROUND, much less the color of the ring at the base of the dome -_-….and your deception for mesmers argument is invalid cause its not just TW and FB that has this issue, so is guardian wall of reflection and other skills

Ranger
Storm Bluff Isle [EVOH]

Mesmer Feedback Color

in WvW

Posted by: Atoss.1056

Atoss.1056

That’s a good idea, was thinking to suggest it myself.
Some other spells could have a little different colouring too (Line of Warding, Ring of Warding etc). In small fight it’s no problem but in big battles the colour difference would be really helpful. It wouldn’t even have to be like totally red or totally green, just a little bit of shading towards “team colours” and done (if possible ofc).

Mesmer Feedback Color

in WvW

RedCobra.7693

while it still seems a good idea, (thank you for focusing on the irrelevant part of my counter argument with a straw-man technique, you speak like a true politician) if you make it clearly visible that a feedback is an enemy one then it would be too easily avoided and would render the skill completely useless, a big red dome appears and its instantly telling you to stop firing, its a huge nerf to reflection, which is already difficult to maintain due to the fact you take retal damage -_-

Mesmer Feedback Color

in WvW

Gumby.1708

if you make it clearly visible that a feedback is an enemy one then it would be too easily avoided and would render the skill completely useless

Yeah right, like every other spell in this game is completely useless, because its marked as an enemy spell ? I dont think so. Necro wells, Necro Marks, Elementalist aoes, Mesmer Nullfields, Guardian Symbols, etc… are all marked enemy spells. You want to know why they are not useless ? Because their effects work immediately, just like feedback.

a) Players have a reaction time before they even notice that they have to stop, feedback is instantaneous our brains and the servers are not.

b) Projectiles that are already launched cant be stopped and WILL be reflected no matter what, channeled skills that fire projectiles need to be canceled.

c) It can deny certain positions and forces enemy to stop their attacks and move away if they want to continue attacking, since your position in relation to the enemy doesnt matter inside the bubble because everything will be reflected regardless.

d) It protects friendly players inside the bubble and players behind it in a straight line to the enemy, since the projectiles dont fly over the bubble and also affect ranged enemys outside the bubble.

Again, the intention and mechanic of the bubble is not to “trick” you into firing in it. If the enemy ceased his attacks or you reflected an initial burst because of its instantaneous nature, the skill served its purpose.

You are just scared of this suggestion because your main is a “Reflection Tank Mesmer” (you spelled reflection wrong btw in your signature) and dont even know what its used for. Imagine your own zerg/group doesnt even have a mesmer fighting with them and the enemy mesmers use a feedback bubble …. it will be still super effective although your own team didnt get “tricked” by it because they know they dont have a mesmer in the group.

If you are solo-roaming and using your Feedback bubble … do you think the enemy keeps attacking because he thinks “oh there must have come another solo roaming mesmer to my aid, and placed the feedback bubble on me i just should keep on attacking”. Absolutely not, it happens because he already spammed those attacks and didnt realize what he did for a brief moment until he dodges out of the bubble.

mesmers are there for deception, skillwise and lorewise

Still no, they are not. The only “skills” that are intended to deceive you are CLONES. And i dont know how much more clearer i can explain to you that lore =/= gamemechanics, its such a fundamental, basic and simple concept.

(edited by Gumby.1708)

Mesmer Feedback Color

in WvW

Posted by: DeeSystm.1256

DeeSystm.1256

This argument should be for all enemy AoE and reflects… or none…… giant red wall of reflect anyone?

Either way, I’m way against this…. most aoe gets a red circle….. it’s not hard to see… 1 year of ranger/ guardian play from zerg to roaming, jq to ar, says this should not be an issue.

“I came to play.” me
r4420k+ blazetrain

(edited by DeeSystm.1256)

Mesmer Feedback Color

in WvW

Gumby.1708

This argument should be for all enemy AoE and reflects… or none…… giant red wall of reflect anyone?
Either way, I’m way against this…. most aoe gets a red circle….. it’s not hard to see… 1 year of ranger/ guardian play from zerg to roaming, jq to ar, says this should not be an issue.

I didnt, think about the wall of reflection at the time i posted this, but yeah i agree it should get a team color indicator too.

The problem isnt whether its hard to see or not (you can clearly see a frikkin huge bubble and wall) , but rather what team it belongs to. All enemy spells have a giant red circle around them as an indicator. Do you want to know why that suffices ? Because it only affects you if you are in its range, meaning you have to stand inside the enemy spell for it to affect you and when you are in melee range you will clearly see the big red outline.

There is no indication whatsoever if you are standing next to or inside a feedback bubble and especially no indication if you stand in a range of 1200 and your projectiles get reflected in someone elses face. The problem still is you WILL have to attack in order for you to figure out if its a friendly or an enemy bubble.

And if you are

I’m way against this….

please elaborate why you are so heavily against it. Since it will improve the quality of the game with a simple change and wouldnt bear any disadvantages to either team, quite the opposite would happen.

Mesmer Feedback Color

in WvW

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

So basically making Feedback in a large clash completely useless?

It is already possible to see if a Feedback is friendly or not by paying attention to the fight. Making it more visible would just make it useless since it would be way too easy to avoid it.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Mesmer Feedback Color

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

^ this pretty much.

I like my purple. I can see just fine where it goes, tag a guy in the middle of the blob and you get this beautiful array of white numbers. Make the colour too obvious and they’ll all dodge out of it and the spell will be rendered ineffective.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

Mesmer Feedback Color

in WvW

Gumby.1708

Make the colour too obvious and they’ll all dodge out of it and the spell will be rendered ineffective.

please read my comment 5 posts above this one, why this isnt the case.

Mesmer Feedback Color

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

To be fair, I’ve got wicked insomnia and only four hours of sleep, so it’s likely I missed it

But I still have no issue the way it is, I cast it, and see the resulting white numbers.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

Mesmer Feedback Color

in WvW

RedCobra.7693

no, it sounds like to me that youve had a badtime with feedback as a ranger, come back when youve played both classes enough, im sitting on 300hours for my ranger and just hit 1000 for my mesmer so i can easily say, following your suggestion would render the mesmer even more useless in group fights as they already are, its taken me ages to create a powerful build for groups, it would be extremely easy to spot a different coloured feedback and waaay too easy to counter
while i agree its very effective for area persuasion (not denial) its main use comes from dealing dmg to pug zergs.

Mesmer Feedback Color

in WvW

RedCobra.7693

if you make it clearly visible that a feedback is an enemy one then it would be too easily avoided and would render the skill completely useless

Yeah right, like every other spell in this game is completely useless, because its marked as an enemy spell ? I dont think so. Necro wells, Necro Marks, Elementalist aoes, Mesmer Nullfields, Guardian Symbols, etc… are all marked enemy spells. You want to know why they are not useless ? Because their effects work immediately, just like feedback.

a) Players have a reaction time before they even notice that they have to stop, feedback is instantaneous our brains and the servers are not.

b) Projectiles that are already launched cant be stopped and WILL be reflected no matter what, channeled skills that fire projectiles need to be canceled.

c) It can deny certain positions and forces enemy to stop their attacks and move away if they want to continue attacking, since your position in relation to the enemy doesnt matter inside the bubble because everything will be reflected regardless.

d) It protects friendly players inside the bubble and players behind it in a straight line to the enemy, since the projectiles dont fly over the bubble and also affect ranged enemys outside the bubble.

Again, the intention and mechanic of the bubble is not to “trick” you into firing in it. If the enemy ceased his attacks or you reflected an initial burst because of its instantaneous nature, the skill served its purpose.

You are just scared of this suggestion because your main is a “Reflection Tank Mesmer” (you spelled reflection wrong btw in your signature) and dont even know what its used for. Imagine your own zerg/group doesnt even have a mesmer fighting with them and the enemy mesmers use a feedback bubble …. it will be still super effective although your own team didnt get “tricked” by it because they know they dont have a mesmer in the group.

If you are solo-roaming and using your Feedback bubble … do you think the enemy keeps attacking because he thinks “oh there must have come another solo roaming mesmer to my aid, and placed the feedback bubble on me i just should keep on attacking”. Absolutely not, it happens because he already spammed those attacks and didnt realize what he did for a brief moment until he dodges out of the bubble.

mesmers are there for deception, skillwise and lorewise

Still no, they are not. The only “skills” that are intended to deceive you are CLONES. And i dont know how much more clearer i can explain to you that lore =/= gamemechanics, its such a fundamental, basic and simple concept.

a) get used to it, thats part of the skill of the game use your reactions to counter a skill, exact reason they added evades, quit qq’ing

b) yep, looks like youve learnt the basic priciples of reflection, a skill that is home to the mesmer, a class that has been nerfed again and again, of course it reflects projectile in flight -_- its on a 40 sec cooldown

c)only really effective against 3 classes out of 8 for this, engi staff ele and ranger. woah OP much

d) yep this only protects your friends from main damage from 3 of the 8 classes, stop the pressess, changing the colour will change this

oh and no my group dont roll ranged heavy classes due to feedback lol and im pretty sure theyre smarting enough to notice after the first reflect that its an enemies

now please read this bit:
the whole point of of me not wanting to change the colour is that the enemy HAS to fire at it at least once to discover if it is an enemies if they arent smart enough to look at the ground just like nullfield

oh and nice xD i didnt even notice i spelt it wrong, well typo but thanks

Mesmer Feedback Color

in WvW

RedCobra.7693

Make the colour too obvious and they’ll all dodge out of it and the spell will be rendered ineffective.

please read my comment 5 posts above this one, why this isnt the case.

oh and yeah it is the case, changing the colours would condition the players mind (as a skilled ranger) to roll as soon as they see that colour in front of them, Rendering the skill (thats only really stopping 3 out of 8 classes) …. Useless in a large group, albeit id still be able to use it for small scale but id rather switch to decoy as temperal curtain would do the job for small scale, tell me, should the colour of the phantasmal warden and curtain change colour aswell? as i can imagin that is way more fitting to your complaints,

if you were talking about curtain id understand as it sits stealthily under the players >:D

(edited by RedCobra.7693)

Mesmer Feedback Color

in WvW

RedCobra.7693

oh and to completley destroy you in debate id like to qoute the website with a link aswell
Mesmers are magical duelists who wield deception as a weapon.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en-gb/the-game/professions/mesmer/

BOOOOOOOM!!!

Mesmer Feedback Color

in WvW

Gumby.1708

300hours for my ranger and just hit 1000 for my mesmer […] render the mesmer even more useless in group fights as they already are […] it would be extremely easy to spot a different coloured feedback and waaay too easy to counter […] its main use comes from dealing dmg to pug zergs.

1. Common dont give me that “time played” bullkitten, time played is no indicator for skill nor understanding of gamemechanics. But since you want to go that route.
I have played about ~ 2900 hours of this game
Ele 160, Ranger 100, Necro 80, Warrior 500, Guardian 350, Engi 560, Thief 670, Mesmer 470
And you dont see all the hours on that mesmer because i have almost every class twice for different builds.

2. Mesmers are REALLY powerful group supporters. They have the best utility support for groups and have the best spells against groups.

Veil(mass invisibility for the entire zerg), Nullfield(boon stripping enemies, cleansing friendly conditions), Feedback(mass reflection), (traited) temporal curtain(speed for the entire zerg, reflect), Portal, Timewarp(quickness for many people, giant etheral field) which also can be combined with traits to apply blind and confusion.

3. Yes it would be easy to spot like any other spell in the game. Thats why this thread exists because you should be able to differentiate, so “luck” and “uncertainty” wont be a factor which limits your skills and your tactics.

4. Its main use its not damage, but its a huge factor. What it does it negates an ranged attack and throws back the effects that were directed towards you AND in addition it damages the enemy. Also it wouldnt cease to do damage to enemies cause of the 4 points i explained here https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/Mesmer-Feedback-Color/first#post3188754. this also applies to this statement of yours

the whole point of of me not wanting to change the colour is that the enemy HAS to fire at it at least once to discover if it is an enemies if they arent smart enough to look at the ground just like nullfield

“Mesmers are magical duelists who wield deception as a weapon.” I dont know how to explain how narrow minded that statement is …. this is still lore and not game mechanics

Attachments:

Mesmer Feedback Color

in WvW

RedCobra.7693

still… you got lawyered xD and no, they wont change it, they dont need to dumb down thskills anymore than they are, red circles are more than in enough imho, (which feedback already has) so good day sir

Mesmer Feedback Color

in WvW

Posted by: GrandmaFunk.3052

GrandmaFunk.3052

“Mesmers are magical duelists who wield deception as a weapon.” I dont know how to explain how narrow minded that statement is …. this is still lore and not game mechanics

it’s not so much lore as the driving concept behind the profession, on which the game mechanics are built.

GamersWithJobs [GWJ]
Northern Shiverpeaks

Mesmer Feedback Color

in WvW

Posted by: UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420

UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420

Not changing the color falls under ANet’s established game mode for high concurrency WvW, though. That is, to just spam skills into blobs.

In smaller engagements, it hardly matters.

Mesmer Feedback Color

in WvW

RedCobra.7693

it’s not so much lore as the driving concept behind the profession, on which the game mechanics are built.

tell me about it, i dont think this guy gets it, give the warrior some fireball spell come on pleeeaaaaase i dont care about lore bla bla bla xD

Mesmer Feedback Color

in WvW

Gumby.1708

[…]pleeeaaaaase i dont care about lore bla bla bla xD

BOOOOOOOM!!!

still… you got lawyered xD […] so good day sir

Yeah, that shows exactly the reason why you are inept to constructive criticism and why you are not able to comprehend the reasoning behind this suggestion. But still argue with facts that don’t matter and dont understand simple concepts. By showing that you are either too young to argue or that you are an underdeveloped adult, you have as you would say “lawyered yourself, good day sir!”

red circles are more than in enough imho, (which feedback already has) so good day sir

also as you see in my attached screenshot, there is no red circle around the mesmer feedback bubble to indicate that its an enemy spell which you should know as a “pro mesmer that has over 1000 hours played” and you see in my options that i didnt disable “Area of effect rings”,

Yeah thats true, although my phrasing wasnt correct it still doesn’t change the fact that the feedback bubble is NOT intended to deceive, which i wanted to make clear.

And if you want to go as far to consult the wiki about the game mechanics, lets see what they say about
Glamour skills:
Glamour is a type of utility skills exclusive to mesmers that create shining fields on the ground, which have helpful effects on allies or harmful effects on enemies.

And lets see what they say about
Clones:
A clone is one of the two types of illusions created by the mesmer, primarily intended to distract the enemy: clones mimic the appearance and basic behavior of the caster..

If you ask me Clones are the crucial gamemechanic that fulfills the concept of the mesmer being deceptive.

Attachments:

(edited by Gumby.1708)

Mesmer Feedback Color

in WvW

Posted by: GrandmaFunk.3052

GrandmaFunk.3052

To be fair, the word “Glamour” specifically refers to magical deception.

That being said, i don’t have any objection with adding a coloured indicator ring to the field.. but I doubt if it would make any difference. If you’re in a situation that’s hectic enough for you not to know which side dropped the field, you probably won’t be able to see the ring on the ground or tell which specific field it’s coming from.

GamersWithJobs [GWJ]
Northern Shiverpeaks

Mesmer Feedback Color

in WvW

Gumby.1708

[…] you probably won’t be able to see the ring on the ground or tell which specific field it’s coming from.

If you are in melee range of the bubble and see a red circle matching its outlines, you kinda would be able to tell that the feedback was casted by an enemy. That being said it still wouldnt be enough, because ranged characters dont need to be necessary near the red circle to be affected by it (every other enemy spell needs you to stand inside it, except the guardians reflection wall, which has the same problem), thats why i suggested a team colored feedback bubble or any other indicator to be able to distinguish it from afar.

Mesmer Feedback Color

in WvW

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

Huh… been playing WvW since before launch and haven’t noticed an issue with feedback yet. Probably the only problem I have with it is that it doesn’t reflect siege as well.

Oh would that be fun… incoming treb fire! Stand back… I got this.

#TeamJadeQuarry

Mesmer Feedback Color

in WvW

RedCobra.7693

well excuse me for trying to be a bit silly in my posts for entertainment, but fine ill be serious, Feedback would simply loose 80-90% of its dps output due to enemies being able over time to condition there eyes to avoid it, feedback is a very large dome and is already easy to spot, i honestly agree on temporal curtain or the wall of reflection for the guardian, but feedback would be more well suited to not have this feature, while it is used for projectile shutdown on an enemy zerg, its main use is aoe damage, on good used towards initial charge on a zerg it can hit anything between 40-60k dmg more depending on whether the zerg is a pug or a guild, if you make this skill change colour for the mesmer, they would loose there option for high aoe dps and tagging, this is why im against it specifically for this skill, i understand that it may be frustrating to have your projectiles thrown back in your face from the skill but if you carry on when feedback is already so clearly visible then it is down to the casters fault,

what are your thoughts on temporal curtain? changing the colour of this skill wouldn’t solve your issue you’re describing.

Mesmer Feedback Color

in WvW

RedCobra.7693

Huh… been playing WvW since before launch and haven’t noticed an issue with feedback yet. Probably the only problem I have with it is that it doesn’t reflect siege as well.

Oh would that be fun… incoming treb fire! Stand back… I got this.

lmao i nearly died once running towards ballista shouting “hold my beer” brandishing temp curtain and feedback, my guild were in tears xD, seemed i learnt the hard way :P

Mesmer Feedback Color

in WvW

Posted by: Warthog.6870

Warthog.6870

I’m sure you never tried to run through a sectral wall and got feared instead of protected

Mag [DERP] [Goon]

Mesmer Feedback Color

in WvW

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

nope.

no need change. working as intended.

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

Mesmer Feedback Color

in WvW

Posted by: Simonoly.4352

Simonoly.4352

Can’t say I’ve ever had an issue with Feedback. Seems unnecessary to have team coloured skills when essentially all damage is bad and needs to be avoided. Maybe there should just be an option to increase the width of the red AoE line for those that need it.

Gandara

Mesmer Feedback Color

in WvW

denimdan.8642

to all the ppl that say that coloring the dome would just be a big flag to not shoot at it…remember confusion? when you had it al nice little icon was on the bottom of your screen saying DON’T SHOOT YOU WILL HURT YOUR SELF…but ppl complained that this was OP and impossible to counter, and guess what, it got nerfed because ppl couldn’t control them self’s to stop shooting for 3 sec or take off auto attack
So, if ppl keep complaining it will get changed just like confusion, cause anet play’s to the simple minded zerglings and these zerglings will continue to shoot at the dome no matter the color change cause there simple minded

Ranger
Storm Bluff Isle [EVOH]

Mesmer Feedback Color

in WvW

RedCobra.7693

to all the ppl that say that coloring the dome would just be a big flag to not shoot at it…remember confusion? when you had it al nice little icon was on the bottom of your screen saying DON’T SHOOT YOU WILL HURT YOUR SELF…but ppl complained that this was OP and impossible to counter, and guess what, it got nerfed because ppl couldn’t control them self’s to stop shooting for 3 sec or take off auto attack
So, if ppl keep complaining it will get changed just like confusion, cause anet play’s to the simple minded zerglings and these zerglings will continue to shoot at the dome no matter the color change cause there simple minded

cool another ranger rage xD tbh this is the first complaint ive seen, feedback is already a huge skill with the gigantic dome sticking in your face, youre given the thought “hmm is this friendly or hostile” so you are given the oppurtunity to fire and test it dealing maybe 500-2k dmg to yourself, dont be ridiculous its nothing like confusion, as skill that can damage 5k per ACTION over a 15sec time slot, imo its still a little overpowered with perplexity currently in but im sidetracking, Feedback working as intended

Mesmer Feedback Color

in WvW

denimdan.8642

cool another ranger rage xD tbh this is the first complaint ive seen, feedback is already a huge skill with the gigantic dome sticking in your face, youre given the thought “hmm is this friendly or hostile” so you are given the oppurtunity to fire and test it dealing maybe 500-2k dmg to yourself, dont be ridiculous its nothing like confusion, as skill that can damage 5k per ACTION over a 15sec time slot, imo its still a little overpowered with perplexity currently in but im sidetracking, Feedback working as intended

lol my goal of the post wasnt to say something wasnt working as intended, but that anet will cater to many of the simple minded ppl that want to put as little effort as possible into playing this game, i know that confusion needed the nerf but so bad as it only worked on your action, but anet bombed its dmg, and now that the simpleminded ppl want this change to make playing less risky and easier anet will see the cry and and if there track record serves, do it
also that simpleminded zerglings are just dumb and want things easy as possible

Ranger
Storm Bluff Isle [EVOH]

Mesmer Feedback Color

in WvW

RedCobra.7693

lol my goal of the post wasnt to say something wasnt working as intended, but that anet will cater to many of the simple minded ppl that want to put as little effort as possible into playing this game, i know that confusion needed the nerf but so bad as it only worked on your action, but anet bombed its dmg, and now that the simpleminded ppl want this change to make playing less risky and easier anet will see the cry and and if there track record serves, do it

well my apologies, i just saw ranger and must of gone into blind rage xD, its usually rangers tbh complaing as they run projectile heavy dps and get miffed when they come across a counter, confusion was a good nerf, i ran a confusion build as well and it was a well deserved reduction.

as for anet picking up on this, i cant really see it happening, its such a ludicrous request and this is the first complaint for feedback ive seen and frankly most mesmers dont normally run feeback

Mesmer Feedback Color

in WvW

denimdan.8642

well my apologies, i just saw ranger and must of gone into blind rage xD, its usually rangers tbh complaing as they run projectile heavy dps and get miffed when they come across a counter, confusion was a good nerf, i ran a confusion build as well and it was a well deserved reduction.

as for anet picking up on this, i cant really see it happening, its such a ludicrous request and this is the first complaint for feedback ive seen and frankly most mesmers dont normally run feeback

yes what you say about rangers is normally true, and while i have to say rangers have been in better places, i don’t believe there as bad as ppl say and that they can do good things but, that’s another topic for another page

idk anet has done stranger thinsg in the past

Ranger
Storm Bluff Isle [EVOH]

Mesmer Feedback Color

in WvW

RedCobra.7693

infact a zerk ranger with 1500 range is a very powerful group utility, i knew a guild that ran 5 zerk rangers at the side (pierce arrouws would hurt teammates if at the back of group) of their zerg for high dps and feedback was the main counter and they avoided feedback easily, so imagine how easy wouldbe with colour coding.

Mesmer Feedback Color

in WvW

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

oh and to completley destroy you in debate id like to qoute the website with a link aswell

BOOOOOOOM!!!

Really? We’re quoting the class fluff to justify mechanics?
Is “Their loyal pets, which rangers tame and train, distract enemies while the rangers strike safely from a distance.” what you say when people tell you to stop bowbearing?

Mesmer Feedback Color

in WvW

RedCobra.7693

BOOOOOOOM!!!

Is “Their loyal pets, which rangers tame and train, distract enemies while the rangers strike safely from a distance.” what you say when people tell you to stop bowbearing?

what on gods earth are you chatting about?? i was told that the mesmers werent created for deception, lore wise and mechanic wise, i provided evidence that they were originally created for that, even if they have gone off on a tangent on some aspects,

just like a mesmer doesnt have to spec into clones, rangers dont have to spec into bows, but the ranger was build to utilise their pets, and tbh the only ranger ever to beat me in an organised 1v1 was a ranger that utilised his pet as his main weapon.

Mesmer Feedback Color

in WvW

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

BOOOOOOOM!!!

what on gods earth are you chatting about?? i was told that the mesmers werent created for deception, lore wise and mechanic wise, i provided evidence that they were originally created for that, even if they have gone off on a tangent on some aspects,

just like a mesmer doesnt have to spec into clones, rangers dont have to spec into bows, but the ranger was build to utilise their pets, and tbh the only ranger ever to beat me in an organised 1v1 was a ranger that utilised his pet as his main weapon.

No, you claimed that since they “use deception as a weapon” that must mean it’s in every aspect of their combat (especially since this isn’t about clones) and that all their skills must be ‘deceitful’.

“Engineers are technological and alchemical masterminds.” Why doesn’t my engi get bonuses to making potions and rifles/pistols?