Mesmer portals and thief camp stalling: Why these tactics are important for WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Kirrund.2654

Kirrund.2654

Don’t forget, Mesmers are the least mobile class.

Kaseira The False [NEWL]
www.teamnewl.com
“NEWL guys are cool guys.” -styx.7294 approved.

in WvW

Posted by: ComeAndSee.1356

ComeAndSee.1356

Coordinated Guardians with walls and sanctuaries can stop an enemy team in their tracks.

Sha Nari – 80 Guardian (http://bit.ly/12RNvtK)
Lorella Windrunner – 80 Thief
Shayera Nightfall – 80 Mesmer

in WvW

Posted by: Arani.9057

Arani.9057

Don’t forget, Mesmers are the least mobile class.

halleluiah brothah … you HAVE to have a focus to have any speed ability, which is a line in sand and slow refresh compared to rest of the professions… we move slow or trade a lot to get the speed others get for nuthin and thier chicks for free…

Aradea [AoS] /\/\ESS/\/\ERR of Jade Quarry (GG SBI)
I’ll show you exactly what a Mesmer can do, SS cost extra.

in WvW

Posted by: Eisenhart.7965

Eisenhart.7965

For some reason, I’m getting the impression that a lot of the people complaining about mesmer portals don’t even know how mesmer portals work. >.>

You don’t just magically teleport into a fortified structure. The mesmer has to have gotten inside physically first (either by going in stealthed during a breach, OR hiding in there when you took it). Those tactics in themselves are good ones.

Plus, if ever you see a mesmer setting up a portal, you got 1-2 secs to react. When a mesmer tried to pull a tele right into our siege weapons, I spammed marks and wells there, including fear. Just spam AOEs into the portal area for the duration.

Admittedly, in a larger area it might be harder to spot, but still, it’s legit. Only in the event that the mesmer got in via hack does the whole thing become abuse, but as said, the portal mechanic itself is legit.

Eisenhart Tor | Legion of the Aguila, Isle of Janthir
“My mind is my battlefield and sanctuary.
My weapon is conviction and perseverance is my shield.”

in WvW

Posted by: Guild Wars Fan.3249

Guild Wars Fan.3249

Nothing wrong with Mesmer portals. At ALL. You can’t deal with them, thats your problem, because the rest of us can.

Thieves perma-stealthing isn’t an issue either. I’ve NEVER seen thief perma-stealth (but then, I wouldn’t have…would I?), despite them trying to on many occaisions. They always drop out for a split second at the very least (there’s always the little swirl of shadow as well anyway), I’ve done it myself (yes, I play an OP thief – I should be nerfed!) and it DOES NOT WORK against players who are smart.

in WvW

Posted by: Eisenhart.7965

Eisenhart.7965

^ The thief one is kinda frustrating though. Still nothing a good sweep around the captured area can fix.

We found the thief on the roof of the garrison though.

Eisenhart Tor | Legion of the Aguila, Isle of Janthir
“My mind is my battlefield and sanctuary.
My weapon is conviction and perseverance is my shield.”

in WvW

Posted by: Kirrund.2654

Kirrund.2654

Player personal skill needs to be addressed. There are too many weak players on these forums instead of getting better by playing.

Kaseira The False [NEWL]
www.teamnewl.com
“NEWL guys are cool guys.” -styx.7294 approved.

in WvW

Posted by: Guild Wars Fan.3249

Guild Wars Fan.3249

Player personal skill needs to be addressed. There are too many weak players on these forums instead of getting better by playing.

I agree…nerf the good players! If one player wins vs 2+ other players, they should be autobooted from Wv3 and given a 30 minute cooldown.

Joking aside, people do tend to jump on the Mesmers portals are OP, thieves are OP…anyone who pwns me must be OP bandwagon. Sick to death of it. And I’m certainly not claiming to be a good player – avg at best atm.