Mesmer pull broken in certain places

in WvW

Posted by: WhiteAndMilky.2514

WhiteAndMilky.2514

The tactic is fine, the topic is not the coordination of pulls to kill players. I am all for teamwork and coordination.

BUT since this game has yet to integrate diminishing returns on CC, mesmers are able to chain pull people on walls, and actually lift them UP and OVER the barrier after a few pulls in a row…..

Also many walls that have the normal “safe” rim around them, actually have certain sections that are not designed properly, and offer no collision when pulled, despite the visual showing that it would be impossible. Often these are in corners, but you can find them in flat sections of wall too, simply walk up and over them without jumping….

I can’t see this game retaining or gaining any kind of serious player base with things like this existing in our pvp environment. The wall inaccuracies itself is not a big thing to fix. As a serious gamer I cannot see myself playing this game much longer if simple fixes like this don’t even get addressed.

World vs World may have many flaws at the moment, but some have no reason to exist anymore. This isn’t a beta.

TLDR? Nope, not talking about the wall sections or ramps without barriers.

Why did I write this? Who knows. Hope you didn’t read it.

I play all the things 80. Pew Pew Pew. Killin joor commanders.
4 Warriors, 3 Rangers, 3 Mesmers, 2 Engineers, 2 Guardians, and Necro, Thf, Ele
-Beastygate Beast Milk, OG BG Veteran Native

in WvW

Posted by: GuardianOMS.8067

GuardianOMS.8067

An organized group is able to accomplish something that is otherwise seen as a minimal threat when one person does it?

No.

Way.

Sgt Killjoy – “Pedantic” “babe” and “bff” of Saiyr
The devs don’t care about WvW so I’m gonna kill players in PvE!

in WvW

Posted by: EnRohbi.2187

EnRohbi.2187

An organized group is able to accomplish something that is otherwise seen as a minimal threat when one person does it?

No.

Way.

As soon as someone uses “an organized group can…” as any part of their argument why something needs to be nerfed, 99 times out of 100 I stop paying attention right there.

Dragonbrand

in WvW

Posted by: wads.5730

wads.5730

As soon as someone uses “I stop paying attention…” as any part of their argument, 99 times out of 100 I stop paying attention right there.

in WvW

EnRohbi.2187

As soon as someone uses “I stop paying attention…” as any part of their argument, 99 times out of 100 I stop paying attention right there.

good thing it was the last sentence in my post then.
Thank you for reading the whole thing.

Dragonbrand

in WvW

WhiteAndMilky.2514

No.

Way.

The tactic is fine, the topic is not the coordination of pulls to kill players. I am all for teamwork and coordination.

Well would you look at that! It’s almost like I read your mind before you posted. Next time please read before posting, it’s the very first line of the thread. That’s not even what the topic is about.

in WvW

Posted by: kfarb.6732

kfarb.6732

It’s the Mesmer focus #4 skill “temporal curtain” hth

Maguuma – considered by many to be the best

in WvW

Posted by: Isaac.6041

Isaac.6041

Learn to use stability.

in WvW

GuardianOMS.8067

Next time please read before posting, it’s the very first line of the thread. [/quote]

Hope you didn’t read it.

Well look at that! It’s almost as if I (didn’t) read what you posted!

So your main complaint is “there’s a ledge/wall there, it was supposed to protect me!”
Correct me if I’m wrong (don’t) but you’re complaining about a group of mesmers coordinating to pull people up and over ledges and walls. Something that is usually not accomplished by one person. And ledges, which guarantee you no protection other than your own assumption that it does because it’s there, I mean, why wouldn’t it?! If that is correct, then yes, you are complaining about hit detection and collision boxes as well as organized play. As far as I am aware, temporal curtain is supposed to be able it pull up and over if it is placed and coordinated precisely with more than one person. If it is not, the victim just ends up slamming into walls or even moving back in place.

Guilds Wars 2 presented itself as a casual game and is only six months old. While that shouldn’t excuse it from a lot of issues, the fact that you’re trying to take something that is not game-breaking so seriously should be your hint that this game is not polished or even laughably close to perfect. Maybe you should try other things like spvp or pve? WvW as A LOT to work on, but there are a lot more things to worry about than mesmer pulls and false protection from ledges/walls. Then again, I’m not a serious gamer so my interest may lie elsewhere and I just submit bug reports and screenshots when I see these things.

And since this is an effort post we’re going to go the route of giving you suggestions to cope or until you decide to quit the game because of a group of mesmers.

1. Don’t stand on walls. Don’t depend on LOS heavily. If you must, prepare to be pulled and plan an escape route (this means saving your escapes and skills, especially stealth and/or stability). You can even go the extra mile and trait for fall damage.
2. If you are on siege, have an ally protect you (stability, regen, protection, etc). No friends? Get off siege temporarily to grant yourself boons.
3. Place siege (catas and carts) behind gates to avoid damage and pulls
4. Report false gods. Many walls, ledges, and spots that were serious offenders to gameplay have been patched and fixed.
5. Keep a mental note of false god, avoid relying on them. Since this isn’t something I have experienced numerously or have heard many people, I’m going to assume it’s few and far between. As such, keeping a mental note shouldn’t be difficult.
6. Dodge and strafe
7. Reroll a mesmer, party with other mesmers, pull people through the same walls you claim you’re being pulled though /revenge.

And as usual, you can…

8. FIGHT THEM

If you’re not able to make compromises and work around things even if you consider them easily fixed issues then perhaps you should take your “serious gaming” elsewhere and give GW2 more time to work out its kinks (if it ever does). I’m not trying to sound insulting, but this honestly seems like the best route since you consider it game breaking.

TLDR: One mesmer is not the issue, it’s when a bunch of mesmers do it. Wise up, learn to work/play around it, and report buggy walls.

in WvW

Posted by: Handin.4032

Handin.4032

“I got knocked back by ____ 5 times until I fell off a cliff. Please nerf all knockbacks”. See, it sounds silly when its not about a mesmer, huh?

It’s coordination, so its not OP. Don’t insult your opponents by saying that their coordinate makes them OP. Any ability with coordinate can be OP.

TC Golden Dolyak – [DOLY]
Mesmer – FURY
Rank 55 – Bunker Engi, Top 300

in WvW

GuardianOMS.8067

“But but… coordination is not what this thread is about, I’m all for team work!”

in WvW

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

im pretty sure the ledges are there to specifically prevent people from being pulled off the walls, so abusing chain pulls to get around the terrain design constitutes exploiting and should be a bannable offense

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in WvW

Handin.4032

That is a very ridiculous statement. You have no idea why the ledges are there, in fact, they’re probably just there for graphics sake, since you know….every castle has walls like that on top…

So to say using chain pulls should be a bannable offense is just laughable, at best….

Mesmer – FURY

in WvW

Posted by: Simonoly.4352

Simonoly.4352

I don’t think I’ve ever seen or been a part of a group of Mesmers chain pulling people up and over the lip of a wall, but I do agree that all parts of a tower’s walls should function the same so you can’t be pulled off and over a lip with a single pull anywhere.

I do like that there are people coordinating pulls during sieges though to accomplish this. That’s quite cool.

Gandara

in WvW

insanemaniac.2456

That is a very ridiculous statement. You have no idea why the ledges are there, in fact, they’re probably just there for graphics sake, since you know….every castle has walls like that on top…

So to say using chain pulls should be a bannable offense is just laughable, at best….

your assertion is the ridiculous one. the ledges prevent line of sight in precisely the areas you most want to shoot. they serve no other purpose besides stopping pulls, the exact reason its extremely dangerous to jump up on them to get better line of sight.

i dont give a kitten about chain pulls. its when you pull people over an obvious obstruction that you should be reported.

in WvW

Posted by: Wanderer.3248

Wanderer.3248

The Mesmer apologists would still say its fine if mesmers could fly into another servers spawn start one-shoting players from invisibility. They’d probably be happy if ANet just lined players up outside their spawn and held them down so they could zap them.

in WvW

EnRohbi.2187

The Mesmer apologists would still say its fine if mesmers could fly into another servers spawn start one-shoting players from invisibility. They’d probably be happy if ANet just lined players up outside their spawn and held them down so they could zap them.

Would certainly make it a lot more convenient to get badges.

Dragonbrand

in WvW

Posted by: Esprit Dumort.3109

Esprit Dumort.3109

Learn to use stability.

I don’t believe any classes have spammable Stability skills. Most are on long cooldowns, like Armor of Earth (90s) for Elementalists, with a short duration (6s), barely long enough to use a couple of skills, and then you’re out for the next 84s based on your logic.

Because Temporal Curtain works on sides of walls, you don’t usually see it until you are pulled, which is too late to use Stability, even if you could react that fast.

Stability is not the answer to OP’s problem. But I’m sure you realize this and are just trolling.

As to it being bannable? Probably a bit harsh and I don’t really consider it a horrible offense. Who knows, maybe Anet designed it that way.

Jessamine [SNOW]
Gandara

(edited by Esprit Dumort.3109)

in WvW

Isaac.6041

Learn to use stability.

I don’t believe any classes have spammable Stability skills. Most are on long cooldowns, like Armor of Earth (90s) for Elementalists, with a short duration (6s), barely long enough to use a couple of skills, and then you’re out for the next 84s based on your logic.

Because Temporal Curtain works on sides of walls, you don’t usually see it until you are pulled, which is too late to use Stability, even if you could react that fast.

Stability is not the answer to OP’s problem. But I’m sure you realize this and are just trolling.

Since you play on a lower tier server it’s obvious that you are inexperienced with stability and its related traits.

Again, learn to use stability. Maybe you should try reading the wiki article on stability before you accuse others of trolling.

Here you go: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Stability

in WvW

Posted by: kfarb.6732

kfarb.6732

Learn to use stability.

Since you play on a lower tier server it’s obvious that you are inexperienced with stability and its related traits.

Again, learn to use stability. Maybe you should try reading the wiki article on stability before you accuse others of trolling.

Ahh yes, tier is associated with individual skill and knowledge. Go on.

Stability isn’t spammable but really the enemy should be putting up aoe to keep you away from the edge anyway.

Maguuma – considered by many to be the best

in WvW

Isaac.6041

Learn to use stability.

Ahh yes, tier is associated with individual skill and knowledge. Go on.

Stability isn’t spammable but really the enemy should be putting up aoe to keep you away from the edge anyway.

Temporal curtain isn’t spammable either so what’s your point?

This shouldn’t be rocket science for you, if it’s giving you that much trouble then guess what, equip some stability skills or traits.

in WvW

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

your assertion is the ridiculous one. the ledges prevent line of sight in precisely the areas you most want to shoot. they serve no other purpose besides stopping pulls, the exact reason its extremely dangerous to jump up on them to get better line of sight.

i dont give a kitten about chain pulls. its when you pull people over an obvious obstruction that you should be reported.

The pull on a Mesmer is not LOS.. Its AOE like several other skills in this game… So putting a curtain up at the top of a wall anything with in the range of the pull is going to get pulled into it… How close you are to the curtain directly correlates to how far you get pulled. Most mesmers can not place the curtain at the horizontal part of the wall so if you are a tad to close to the edge of the wall then yes you are going to get pulled off by one pull…. If one Mesmer does it then his buddy does it right after then that’s teamwork not exploiting… and they deserver the free kills you are about to give them.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in WvW

EnRohbi.2187

The pull on a Mesmer is not LOS.. Its AOE like several other skills in this game… So putting a curtain up at the top of a wall anything with in the range of the pull is going to get pulled into it… How close you are to the curtain directly correlates to how far you get pulled. Most mesmers can not place the curtain at the horizontal part of the wall so if you are a tad to close to the edge of the wall then yes you are going to get pulled off by one pull…. If one Mesmer does it then his buddy does it right after then that’s teamwork not exploiting… and they deserver the free kills you are about to give them.

Not even a free kill.
I can’t tell you how many times I’ve been pulled off a wall only to zip right back into the keep before anyone can down me. It’s actually quite easy unless there are people waiting to stunlock you into place. And even then, you know, coordinated group play > single player me

Dragonbrand

in WvW

Posted by: zamalek.2154

zamalek.2154

Whether or not it takes coordination, it’s a bug. Pulling a person through a gate does not sound like expected behaviour to me. Obstructions (the lips on the wall) are questionable.

Using it is very likely an exploit. Report and move on.

Official word from ANet indicating if this is by design would be nice though.

My primary is a mesmer, that relishes pulling people off walls, but I would rather win fairly.

Auroraglade
Epistemic.8013: Guys this is bullkitten a sentient plant creature is hitting these
wooden doors with fireballs and it’s working

in WvW

Posted by: Ballads.2509

Ballads.2509

Intended or not ? Idk ,but Anet really got walls backwards. It seems they harder to defend at times instead of easier.

in WvW

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

Going to agree, Mesmer’s and walls are a bit OP. Besides the pulling issues, what about phantasm’s/clones appearing inside gates and on walls? This is one of those things I believe the dev team does on purpose. They have this, “The more I frustrate them, the more they’ll love me” mentality.

If that little stub along the wall can obstruct my rifle shot, then it should prevent any other skill from breaching it. Also, when you think about it, why would anyone not have built those taller???

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in WvW

Posted by: sostronk.8167

sostronk.8167

They can pull you over barriers without line of sight. Im serious about that. It should operate the same as Necros spectral grasp, which will consistently be denied if LOS is not there. Mesmers on the other hand, seem to be overperforming in ways it shouldn’t be.

in WvW

jportell.2197

Mesmer phantasms suffer the “Obstructed!” message more than any other skill in the game.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in WvW

sostronk.8167

Mesmer phantasms suffer the “Obstructed!” message more than any other skill in the game.

Sounds like you don’t roll a Necro with spectral grasp.

in WvW

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

I’ve a necro and a mesmer. Spectral grasp will suffer the obstructed if something is directly in the way, but it will pull people over a lip if it hits them. Not only that, it pulls them all the way to the necro and is worthy of many giggles when done well. The mesmer skill will pull AoE up to the lip (even out of LoS) and often to the top of the lip but not over. It takes a second mesmer to finish the job, and even then the enemy simply falls straight down instead of being pulled to the mesmer. They each have advantages and disadvantages, and counters.

Now, on areas with no lips the mesmer skill is a thing of beauty because you can pull people away from you as well as towards you. Toss focus four so it overlaps a cliff edge and watch it rain foes! Ah, good times, good times. That is, of course, unless there’s a particularly tall blade of grass in the way.

The biggest weakness is the fact that the mesmer skill drags you across the ground where others pick you up some. That’s why the lips will stop the mesmer one but not spectral grasp for example. Of course… people that jump up on the edge of the wall, they make me giddy.

#TeamJadeQuarry

in WvW

sostronk.8167

I can pull over the lip with one pull in some locations.

in WvW

VOLKON.1290

I can pull over the lip with one pull in some locations.

The only way to do that is to have the field angled so the line actually crosses over the lip, exceedingly tough to do from below. If you can, for example, have the field form an “X” with the edge so that some of the field goes over the edge and down the side it’ll work. If the field is purely below the lip they’ll stop, such as a keep wall from below.

#TeamJadeQuarry

in WvW

Posted by: Shadow.3475

Shadow.3475

AOE pull should be LOS and half the range that single pull is so 300range.

in WvW

EnRohbi.2187

AOE pull should be LOS and half the range that single pull is so 300range.

The game mechanics actually prevent this from being possible in the same way the game mechanics prevent Anet from fixing it so you can’t shoot catapaults at the inside of a gate to damage rams on the outside.

The actual casting location could be, and already is, LOS. But AoE effects go through obstacles, and there’s no way to fix that that wouldn’t require them restructuring the entire way AoEs work.

Dragonbrand

in WvW

Posted by: Kincaidia.3192

Kincaidia.3192

I will say something odd was happening last night. I was at the tower to the west of our keep in FA borderland, and standing on the stairs where they go up to the wall – not even on the wall section – just on the stairs. Multiple times I got pulled up the stairs, across the top of the wall, and over the side.

“Well why didn’t you move?” – that was the only place we could target the 3 catapults placed directly against the wall.

It’s a serious flaw if the solution is “don’t use the defenses in place”. They are goddanm walls. They’re supposed to be used for defense. Right now they’re more of a liability to the defenders, and that’s just not right.

in WvW

VOLKON.1290

I will say something odd was happening last night. I was at the tower to the west of our keep in FA borderland, and standing on the stairs where they go up to the wall – not even on the wall section – just on the stairs. Multiple times I got pulled up the stairs, across the top of the wall, and over the side.

Something about this appears to be factually exaggerated. You’re trying to make the claim, and let me get this right, that you were pulled up stairs, across a wall, over the lip and down to the ground on the other side? Am I reading that correctly?

If that’s true, this old dog needs to learn a new trick.

#TeamJadeQuarry

in WvW

WhiteAndMilky.2514

So your main complaint is “there’s a ledge/wall there, it was supposed to protect me!”
Correct me if I’m wrong (don’t) but you’re complaining about a group of mesmers coordinating to pull people up and over ledges and walls. Something that is usually not accomplished by one person. And ledges, which guarantee you no protection other than your own assumption that it does because it’s there, I mean, why wouldn’t it?! If that is correct, then yes, you are complaining about hit detection and collision boxes as well as organized play. As far as I am aware, temporal curtain is supposed to be able it pull up and over if it is placed and coordinated precisely with more than one person. If it is not, the victim just ends up slamming into walls or even moving back in place.

Guilds Wars 2 presented itself as a casual game and is only six months old. While that shouldn’t excuse it from a lot of issues, the fact that you’re trying to take something that is not game-breaking so seriously should be your hint that this game is not polished or even laughably close to perfect. Maybe you should try other things like spvp or pve? WvW as A LOT to work on, but there are a lot more things to worry about than mesmer pulls and false protection from ledges/walls. Then again, I’m not a serious gamer so my interest may lie elsewhere and I just submit bug reports and screenshots when I see these things.

And since this is an effort post we’re going to go the route of giving you suggestions to cope or until you decide to quit the game because of a group of mesmers.

1. Don’t stand on walls. Don’t depend on LOS heavily. If you must, prepare to be pulled and plan an escape route (this means saving your escapes and skills, especially stealth and/or stability). You can even go the extra mile and trait for fall damage.
2. If you are on siege, have an ally protect you (stability, regen, protection, etc). No friends? Get off siege temporarily to grant yourself boons.
3. Place siege (catas and carts) behind gates to avoid damage and pulls
4. Report false gods. Many walls, ledges, and spots that were serious offenders to gameplay have been patched and fixed.
5. Keep a mental note of false god, avoid relying on them. Since this isn’t something I have experienced numerously or have heard many people, I’m going to assume it’s few and far between. As such, keeping a mental note shouldn’t be difficult.
6. Dodge and strafe
7. Reroll a mesmer, party with other mesmers, pull people through the same walls you claim you’re being pulled though /revenge.

And as usual, you can…

8. FIGHT THEM

If you’re not able to make compromises and work around things even if you consider them easily fixed issues then perhaps you should take your “serious gaming” elsewhere and give GW2 more time to work out its kinks (if it ever does). I’m not trying to sound insulting, but this honestly seems like the best route since you consider it game breaking.

TLDR: One mesmer is not the issue, it’s when a bunch of mesmers do it. Wise up, learn to work/play around it, and report buggy walls.

Quite a lengthy post. Let me make sure I understand you properly.

1. You think that in all tower and keep defenses, defenders should not be able to stand anywhere on or near walls. From fear of the wall being designed improperly.
2. You think that a skill that is a “pull” that is now “lifting” when used multiple times, isn’t game breaking.
3. You don’t think that all walls with large visible barriers should be able to be assumed safe from pulls.
4. You agree that there are a lot of little things to fix (as I said as well), but this exploit isn’t one in your mind.

Other things to note:

No, the curtain doesn’t have to be placed in a specific way in order to lift people up and over the barrier, it only requires multiple pulls. I play a mesmer, this is where my knowledge comes from.

You talked about the coordination of pulls again as the problem. As I have stated more than once, the tactic is solid and viable. I do it myself to kill players, it’s highly effective. I coordinate many of my wall pulls with other players (necro’s being the easiest because of the pre-placed marks, then combo’d into an epidemic) but when it pulls the person off of a safe wall…. I’m sorry, it’s wrong. Will I stop using my pull to kill people? Absolutely not, do I wish the walls were cleaned up and that the skill didn’t have the unintended ability to pull people UP and over? Yes, I wish it didn’t do that.

I’ve been playing on blackgate since the start, and we’re now a tier 1 server. I’m not sure what kind of play you are accustomed to, but things are quite drastically different in top tier. Little things like this have a very large effect for our tier, as they get abused on a high level.

in WvW

Posted by: Solori.6025

Solori.6025

Quite a lengthy post. Let me make sure I understand you properly.

1. You think that in all tower and keep defenses, defenders should not be able to stand anywhere on or near walls. From fear of the wall being designed improperly.
2. You think that a skill that is a “pull” that is now “lifting” when used multiple times, isn’t game breaking.
3. You don’t think that all walls with large visible barriers should be able to be assumed safe from pulls.
4. You agree that there are a lot of little things to fix (as I said as well), but this exploit isn’t one in your mind.

Other things to note:

No, the curtain doesn’t have to be placed in a specific way in order to lift people up and over the barrier, it only requires multiple pulls. I play a mesmer, this is where my knowledge comes from.

You talked about the coordination of pulls again as the problem. As I have stated more than once, the tactic is solid and viable. I do it myself to kill players, it’s highly effective. I coordinate many of my wall pulls with other players (necro’s being the easiest because of the pre-placed marks, then combo’d into an epidemic) but when it pulls the person off of a safe wall…. I’m sorry, it’s wrong. Will I stop using my pull to kill people? Absolutely not, do I wish the walls were cleaned up and that the skill didn’t have the unintended ability to pull people UP and over? Yes, I wish it didn’t do that.

I’ve been playing on blackgate since the start, and we’re now a tier 1 server. I’m not sure what kind of play you are accustomed to, but things are quite drastically different in top tier. Little things like this have a very large effect for our tier, as they get abused on a high level.

I also play in T1, and I dont see this as an issue.

This has happened to me ONCE..

You know what I do now to counter it..

1. Place Siege in a position where I cant be pulled off a wall
2. use stability BEFORE I use a long cast skill
3. DONT STAND ON THE FREAKIN EDGE OF THE WALL

But since AoE’s are obviously a problem for everyone..Why not make ALL AoE’s require full LoS..
Lets screw over all professions..
Sound fair..

Honestly complaining about a pull, especially one that has to be coordinated and can also be AVOIDED, is sad.
Is the game in the state where we complain about everything now?

Only thing I agree with is pulling through a gate…
But as long as ele’s can mist form through the gate, I’m partially OK with it.

The world needs more KUNG FURY!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS5P_LAqiVg

(edited by Solori.6025)

in WvW

Posted by: CHIPS.6018

CHIPS.6018

There is a bug where pulling lifts enemies up 10 stories above the ground. They die due to falling damage.

Chipsy Chips(Necromancer) & Char Ashnoble(Thief)
The Order of Dii[Dii]-SBI→Kaineng→TC→JQ
Necro Encyclopedia-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrAjJ1N6hxs

in WvW

Posted by: Murderin.8269

Murderin.8269

I got pulled through a tower gate once, so it does have some funny issues sometimes.

I’ve also been pulled and launched straight into the air.

in WvW

Posted by: Columba.9730

Columba.9730

Not an issue if you learn how to position yourself.

only thieves know how to play, they chant “L2P” every time their god mode is challenged.

in WvW

Posted by: pot.6805

pot.6805

This is just another reason why attacking is so much easier then defending. Without perma stability and amazing constant sustained healing, good luck even trying to hit anything without being pulled and insta gibbed by the zerglings.

BeeGee
Beast mode

in WvW

Handin.4032

Honestly, I don’t have stability, ever (unless given to me), and I almost never get pulled off the ledge. As someone who pulls, most of the people who I pull off are the ones who jump up onto the side of wall and stand there for 3-4 attacks.

Just an observation.

Mesmer – FURY

in WvW

Posted by: pot.6805

pot.6805

I dunno, try being a warrior attempting to use his longbow on the wall. You have to be directly on the edge for your arrow to even go over the lip of the wall. And then you still move back and they still pull you off, getting insta gibbed.

BeeGee
Beast mode

(edited by pot.6805)

in WvW

sostronk.8167

Honestly, I don’t have stability, ever (unless given to me), and I almost never get pulled off the ledge. As someone who pulls, most of the people who I pull off are the ones who jump up onto the side of wall and stand there for 3-4 attacks.

Just an observation.

If mesmer is your main, Id suggest you start to experiment with it. I can pull players over the lip if they are not standing on it. I can pull them off siege over the lip and onto the ground sometimes.

in WvW

Posted by: Fraeg.9837

Fraeg.9837

Learn to use stability.

Necro has a hard counter to “use stability”

The OP raises some very valid points

Wyverz – Asura – Mesmer
Xynobia – Asura – Necro
|Gnaw| |BB| |dO| |SOUL| – NSP

in WvW

Posted by: katniss.6735

katniss.6735

The only valid point is that there seems to be no diminishing returns on CC. After 3 of any CC you should start to see immune, miss, or a reduction on duration. Unfortunately it usually does not take more than 2-3 chain pulls to take someone off a wall, even if they’re at the back of the wall and on a piece of siege. I really actually wish that elementalist’s staff’s gust didn’t fail so often. It actually does say “miss” without the person blocking or dodging.

Server: Maguuma – Leafy Lass – Elementalist (WvW)
Guild: Bill Murray [Bill]/ [DERP]
twitch.tv/mlgw2

in WvW

Posted by: RockonHarder.7235

RockonHarder.7235

I play a Necro and i can assure you there is not a single ledge or wall that LOS hinders my marks in anyway. Bottom line if you have 30 guys with range on the ground and your on the wall sticking your head is going to get it shot off….

To assume anything other then that is what gets people like the OP to make complaints in the first place.

Now should there be man-holes or defensible positions on the wall? yeah that would make sense. But there isn’t, there are tiny lips. so lets all be realistic and accept the fact that by stepping up to the edge you are doing so at your own risk.

Deathmonger esq lvl 80 necro
DB forever!!

in WvW

jportell.2197

Nope how many skills is that tho? Just one yah.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in WvW

insanemaniac.2456

I play a Necro and i can assure you there is not a single ledge or wall that LOS hinders my marks in anyway. Bottom line if you have 30 guys with range on the ground and your on the wall sticking your head is going to get it shot off….

To assume anything other then that is what gets people like the OP to make complaints in the first place.

Now should there be man-holes or defensible positions on the wall? yeah that would make sense. But there isn’t, there are tiny lips. so lets all be realistic and accept the fact that by stepping up to the edge you are doing so at your own risk.

you are not understanding the problem