Mesmer solo a keep at WvW.

in WvW

Posted by: TAZNITBR.2804

TAZNITBR.2804

Hi guys!!!
I want to share with you my experience taking a keep solo at WvW.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC24AQZxMfgkMSENYgVXO4jQ

I hope you enjoy it!!!

Thx

in WvW

Posted by: Sviel.7493

Sviel.7493

This doesn’t make me like mesmers any more.

in WvW

Posted by: Zephyra.4709

Zephyra.4709

Very nice; I didn’t get to watch the whole vid as I have to leave for work now but at the end, gratz!

I am certain I can solo just about everything (have not tried SMC yet) on my condi ranger but that took some time with your build; kudos!

in WvW

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

Nicely played. I guess you used either Dire or Carrion gear to achieve that crazy 29k+ health on mesmer.

I have many times taken a keep on busy prime time using just 2 players. Me as an power hybrid engineer and then the other can be anything (guardian, warrior, ranger etc). I do not use a condition build, but mainly power as the power build is so much better for large scale fights (zerg vs zerg). It doesn’t matter if the other player goes down when the lord health is low, just keep DPSing and you will get to capture and rez.

You just need to kill all the other NPCs first, dish out enough dps before enemy finds you. The guards will respawn in 3 minutes, but 2 players can kill the lord in about 1.5 minutes. Dodge the big attacks as the keep lord can hit really hard.

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

in WvW

Posted by: phirefox.2568

phirefox.2568

Most “Class XY soloing Keep Z” Videos show tanky condibuilds facetanking NPC guards while spamming whatever is off-cooldown, which isn’t particulary impressive.

This is one of those.

Hell, the fact that it was done by a chaos-line-traiting, tripple-stealth Condimesmer makes it even less impressive

Just try to think of some poor enemie player stumbling across the scene

“Ha! Attacking the Lord by himself? I will show him why that’s a bad idea!”

[notices stealth condimes]

“Oh. Yet another stealth condimesmer. Nahh, go on and take it, not gonna waste my time trying to kill you….”

in WvW

Posted by: Iavra.8510

Iavra.8510

Especially on mesmer this is pretty easy, since sometimes the lord bugs out when you go in stealth and the clone he is targeting dies. This causes the AI to freeze and not do anything until he dies.

in WvW

Posted by: Kraljevo.2801

Kraljevo.2801

Gj on achieving something that has been done by berserker builds in 2012.

in WvW

Posted by: meltdown.5870

meltdown.5870

and a gamemaster can take it down in a splitsecond…its all about mathematics…
This just tells me that lords and guards needs to be upgraded in acccordance to the owerpowered mesmer builds and others for that matter

in WvW

Posted by: Dusty Moon.4382

Dusty Moon.4382

Well, in HoT, bosses are getting buffed as are guards. Also PU mesmers get the nerfhammer today (about time) too many mesmers use PU as a crutch and have not really learned how to play the profession with out it.

in WvW

Posted by: Rei Hino.5961

Rei Hino.5961

Hm I say he did a good job but as I was already here working on my own forum post about wvw manpower all I could think was nightcap and or pve not exactly wvw while watching the video. (granted I skipped some of the vid lol but I assumed no one showed up to check on the white swords) But you did do a good job TAZNITBR. < and that is not sarcasm as I would have been forced to run as I run a support build on me ele. so they would have eaten me lol.

(edited by Rei Hino.5961)

in WvW

TAZNITBR.2804

Ty for the support guys!
Yeah, i am not the best mesmer in the game not even the more skilled but i wanted to show this vídeo cause it is very funny to take keeps solo and i garantee that you will feel your heart beat fast doing this for the first time.
Did you have already experienced doing this?
This is not PVE and you can expect that a zerg could get inside and kill you or even a more skilled player can show his skills in the wrong moment lol…
In my next vídeo i will show what happens when you fight against all vets, lord and another players inside Lords room solo.
My persistence made me take it in the end but….

in WvW

Posted by: Tongku.5326

Tongku.5326

This just tells me that lords and guards needs to be upgraded in acccordance to the owerpowered mesmer builds and others for that matter

Ummm

Newsflash for the nub scrubs: Soloing keeps / towers has been done countless times since betas across an extremely wide variety of classes / builds. Most often until now its been done by rangers, thieves and eles, on rare occasions warriors, guards and all the other classes. And he / she doesn’t have to be condi or a mes to pull it off.

On a side note, it does show off a major flaw within the game. Towers and keeps should have never been made soloable. To me towers should be balanced for minimum groups of 5 to take, keeps for 10, castle + gari for 15. Furthermore, the latter cases should drastically scale up with zerg size, just like any equivalent event outside of WVW so these are at bare minimum at least somewhat challenging or seriously time consuming for map blobs.

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

It’s been done lots of times before, thing is in this instance it took him 5mins to take the lord down, and another 5+ minutes to bust in, and no one responded in that time.

But as everyone else mentioned, on the new map upgrades are going to be automatic, plus guild upgrades, plus upgraded lords and guards, so it’s going to be harder to pull off solo caps. I’m sure once they put the new map into the rotation they will go about upgrading the old borderland map to match the changes.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

in WvW

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

The funniest part are the people who think condi Mesmer is in any way good for this. They’re NPCs, they don’t spam attacks like idiots and the AoE torment is pitiful, OP would be much better on condi engy, ranger, guard and even necro and do it a lot quicker.

I believe a decent rabid ranger can kill the Lord in about a minute not the 5+ the OP took.

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

I have solo’d keeps in the past with Guardian, Warrior and Thief. Never done SM though. Not sure how easy it would be after all the recent patches. I would think most classes can do it so long as the build doesn’t have to leave the area or stealth for too long. Towers are ridiculously easy.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: phirefox.2568

phirefox.2568

The funniest part are the people who think condi Mesmer is in any way good for this. They’re NPCs, they don’t spam attacks like idiots and the AoE torment is pitiful, OP would be much better on condi engy, ranger, guard and even necro and do it a lot quicker.

I believe a decent rabid ranger can kill the Lord in about a minute not the 5+ the OP took.

Your’re missunderstanding something

Those are all pretty facerolly Variants with higher offensive output than a condimesmer while still retaining more than enough survivability to facetank most of the incoming Attacks – but while they do have more damage output, they still are at a disatvantage if it comes to surviving compared to the Stealthtank-Mesmer. Clearing those Keeps is pretty easy on ALL of those builds; but it will not change the fact, that – while definetly not being the fastest – doing so is most likely the easiest on a can’t-die-unless-drunk-or-getting-hit-by-lightning-in-real-life-while-playing Condi-Stealthmesmer.

I can assure you, if i as a player would notice any of the Condibuilds mentioned by you attempting to take the Lord, i would still kill them because they won’t survive the attacks of Champ + X Guards + whatever build i would run at that Time. Vs. the PU Condimesmer? Nope, even with the NPC Support you would have to trait specifically to combat it – unless the guy using it plays really abysmal (which happens from time to time, thanks to the bandwaggoners that boarded the Mesmerclass when – and because - the July Update hit).

Of course there are better builds to clear the Keeps fast – it’s just that Condi-stealth Mesmer is the least likely one to let you die regardless of how many errors it’s user makes :P

in WvW

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

Your’re missunderstanding something

Those are all pretty facerolly Variants with higher offensive output than a condimesmer while still retaining more than enough survivability to facetank most of the incoming Attacks – but while they do have more damage output, they still are at a disatvantage if it comes to surviving compared to the Stealthtank-Mesmer. Clearing those Keeps is pretty easy on ALL of those builds; but it will not change the fact, that – while definetly not being the fastest – doing so is most likely the easiest on a can’t-die-unless-drunk-or-getting-hit-by-lightning-in-real-life-while-playing Condi-Stealthmesmer.

I can assure you, if i as a player would notice any of the Condibuilds mentioned by you attempting to take the Lord, i would still kill them because they won’t survive the attacks of Champ + X Guards + whatever build i would run at that Time. Vs. the PU Condimesmer? Nope, even with the NPC Support you would have to trait specifically to combat it – unless the guy using it plays really abysmal (which happens from time to time, thanks to the bandwaggoners that boarded the Mesmerclass when – and because - the July Update hit).

Of course there are better builds to clear the Keeps fast – it’s just that Condi-stealth Mesmer is the least likely one to let you die regardless of how many errors it’s user makes :P

The only dangerous part is the guards which if you use a blind (bomb kit, guardians have plenty, necro well) or have something that can be a tank for you like the ranger can be rendered harmless. I have been in situations in T9/T8 where soloing keeps is the norm due to so few people, the problems begin if an enemy turns up as they can quickly turn the fight.

In that regard the PU condition mesmer has an advantage as they can stealth up and back off.

You’re also forgetting that against the NPCs if you do get into trouble you can back off, they will leash back, you can heal and then go back in. There’s no reason to die to them unless it’s fully upgraded with extra mobs and stronger guards.

in WvW

Posted by: briggah.7910

briggah.7910

Ummm

Newsflash for the nub scrubs: Soloing keeps / towers has been done countless times since betas across an extremely wide variety of classes / builds. Most often until now its been done by rangers, thieves and eles, on rare occasions warriors, guards and all the other classes. And he / she doesn’t have to be condi or a mes to pull it off.

On a side note, it does show off a major flaw within the game. Towers and keeps should have never been made soloable. To me towers should be balanced for minimum groups of 5 to take, keeps for 10, castle + gari for 15. Furthermore, the latter cases should drastically scale up with zerg size, just like any equivalent event outside of WVW so these are at bare minimum at least somewhat challenging or seriously time consuming for map blobs.

People already came up with a minimum amount needed to take something.. Its usually 20+

sad sad days..

Player Vs Everyone
youtube channel - twitch channel

in WvW

Posted by: wyther.8372

wyther.8372

Wow congrats, you and the other 5,405,494,85,034,924,839,204 people who play mesmer now must be proud.

Gilkin – Ex Commander for ET server

in WvW

Posted by: Kungsmurfen.2861

Kungsmurfen.2861

I disagree. If you can’t scout you stuff properly I should be able to take advantage of it. It’s not like you solo a keep in 30 sec.

Underworld – [ZERK]

in WvW

TAZNITBR.2804

Well guys, i like all discussion i got here about taking a keep solo. I did it several times with mesmer and warrior. But, to take a keep solo its not only go and kill… Several aspects we have to appreciatte before doing this. Why i did it and nobody came? The Tier, yes! Less people to disturb you. Where are the zergs at that moment? A very important thing. Are you outnumbered ? Did you watch the movements of your enemy and paid attention in the chat to know if it is possible to win? The keeps are fully upgraded or paper ones? And your zergs where are they? Yesterday my team zerg ruffled me taking an EB keep and even SM castle. So, you have a good toon , a good build, average skills to do the job but if you dont have the enviroment helping you nothing happens. Ty all for your opinions.

in WvW

Posted by: HazyDaisy.4107

HazyDaisy.4107

Alot of the naysayers have probably never attempted to solo even a tower let alone a keep. So good job for even trying, regardless of whether or not you’d end up getting it atleast you tested your might, and that alone shows that you’re not afraid to take on tasks by yourself instead of waiting for backup, regardless of what toon you happen to be on at the time, it doesnt matter, because in that moment, you may not have a choice. Good job!

Sorrows Furnace
[HaHa] Hazardous Hallucination

in WvW

Posted by: Malkom.5607

Malkom.5607

Hi Taznitbr

A really great video with lots of detail – thank you so much for putting it up.

About some of the naysayers. Well there are lots of new players who haven’t seen it all before, even oldies like me, and detailed videos like this help us a lot.

in WvW

Posted by: AmphibianX.7042

AmphibianX.7042

You didn’t get any credit for the cap.
Welcome to my world this has happened to me countless of times, keeps/towers/smc.
I even sent a ticket/bug report to Anet but no response.
Since Anet won’t comment on the issue I am starting to think that there is a limit to how many towers and keeps you can take per day.

in WvW

Posted by: Kamara.4187

Kamara.4187

Give the guy a break. He was humble in stating he’s not the best. It may have been done by many classes and others long before, but this is his time. Personally I’ve never soloed a big keep by myself yet. He had a great moment and wanted to share. Congrats and /salute soldier.

(edited by Kamara.4187)

in WvW

Posted by: Eirh.1439

Eirh.1439

Nice video, I don’t really get the negativity. When I first got the chance to solo a keep lord I made a video too and was really proud about it even though I knew I made tons of mistakes in the fight. It’s still something that you don’t get to do that often.

Semper Concordia [SC]
Abaddons Mouth

in WvW

Posted by: Naracion.6597

Naracion.6597

Nice vid. Not sure why so much hate in here though.

in WvW

Posted by: Mak.2657

Mak.2657

Yeah mesmer has easier time recapturing keeps solo (though specced thief have similar possibilites). Usually I try to infiltrate after enemy zerg and hide. If enemy didn’t sweep inner – I kill lord after his invulnerability fades like in 2-4 min (before veterans respawn). But it is easy to spot thief/mesmer at inner: just listen sounds and use stealth disraptor trap. It takes like ~30s for 1-2 ppl to verify inner.

in WvW

Posted by: Demandred.7930

Demandred.7930

A quick question to OP, how’s the lag in WvW from Brazil?

in WvW

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

I think the “scrubs” are hating because they’ve solo’d keeps many times on multiple classes like thousands of other people but didn’t try glorifying themselves over it on a public forum.

The Condi mesmer, one of the most skill-less WvW specs to fight probably also causes a natural dislike.

Nice job though and congrats on the solo, it’s heartwarming the first time when you’re still enjoying the PPT war side of life

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

(edited by sephiroth.4217)

in WvW

Posted by: Telly.4962

Telly.4962

Congrats, it’s a fun thing to pull off.

To counter those who blame the PU, I’ll add that I do not use PU when soloing a Keep. When using Shatter, PU doesn’t do anything for you because the time wasted staying invised, is time wasted not bringing up clones to shatter. The normal invis times are enough, with the clone summoning dodging, to get the attention off you.

Also, a tip I found helpful when using a Shatter build, and this includes soloing Towers… target the Cabilist first, then focus on the Lord/Sup. Your condis from the Shatters will take care of the other Guards quickly enough. The Cabilist with his pull though will mess you up if you don’t take him out right away.

I’ve seen video of a Thief soloing a Keep, and I would imagine it would be easy enough for a Ranger since they don’t have to stand toe-to-toe against the Lord… any other classes able to pull this off?

(edited by Telly.4962)

in WvW

Posted by: wyther.8372

wyther.8372

Nice vid. Not sure why so much hate in here though.

Because every other dude in this game is a mesmer now and people are tired of seeing and hearing about them probably. The accomplishments of people who play bandwagoner classes generally get a “YAWN” from most people.

While I am not actually trying to be rude that is just how it is straight honest answer.

Gilkin – Ex Commander for ET server