Mesmers Portal Over Walls?

in WvW

Posted by: Rpgtabbycat.5869

Rpgtabbycat.5869

Unfortunately I don’t have screen captures of this. But our team had just captured Eskalion Hills (or whatever it’s called – EH) keep and then as a skeleton crew we set about setting up a few siege items. Suddenly inside was the red team, who quickly wiped us out and proceeded to knock down the gates for the rest of their team to come through and reclaim the keep.

Are mesmers supposed to be able to port into keeps like that without anyone knocking down walls or doors? Or is this an exploit?

This happened today on the Tarnished Coast/ Dragonbrand/ Crystal Desert battle.

in WvW

Posted by: Sky.9347

Sky.9347

Unfortunately I don’t have screen captures of this. But our team had just captured Eskalion Hills (or whatever it’s called – EH) keep and then as a skeleton crew we set about setting up a few siege items. Suddenly inside was the red team, who quickly wiped us out and proceeded to knock down the gates for the rest of their team to come through and reclaim the keep.

Are mesmers supposed to be able to port into keeps like that without anyone knocking down walls or doors? Or is this an exploit?

This happened today on the Tarnished Coast/ Dragonbrand/ Crystal Desert battle.

Check for mesmers.

Sky – [tSA] – Stormbluff Isle
November 15, 2012 – The day a dream died.

in WvW

Posted by: archmage.1430

archmage.1430

The mesmer most likely hid somewhere in the keep. Then when your team dispersed, he/she created a portal to their teammates who were waiting outside the walls. It’s very important to check everywhere after you take a structure, especially something as large as a keep, to prevent this from happening.

in WvW

Posted by: Durian.5419

Durian.5419

No, what most likely happened is that a mesmer ran and hid somewhere (the Hills keep has lots of cubbyholes perfect for this). After your main force departed, he called the rest of his team, ran up to the outside wall, laid down an exit portal, then jumped down and put up his entrance portal. Bam, instant keep assault. You have to sweep for mesmers after a keep take. Remember they can stealth too, though they max out at about 10 seconds (no 20+ second stealth runs like thieves can manage).

Takkek Twicechosen, bone-collecting ranger of Plague[SICK]

in WvW

Posted by: Rpgtabbycat.5869

Rpgtabbycat.5869

The sad thing is, we did sweep for mesmers. He must have had a really good hiding place.

in WvW

Posted by: Elthurien.8356

Elthurien.8356

Hills keep has some good hiding places for mesmers. I caught two especially sneaky ones last night and my team punted them off a cliff. I’m not going to share the hiding spot though, I’m going to tell our mesmers instead.

in WvW

Posted by: Waterbear.2764

Waterbear.2764

This is how I do it on my mesmer. You would be shocked how often nobody checks there.

in WvW

Posted by: Zid.4196

Zid.4196

Even a “dead” mesmer can open a portal. No hax needed at all, it’s a 100% legal trick.

As for hiding, the bay keep lake(moat?) is very easy to hide into with the right mesmer setup.

(edited by Zid.4196)

in WvW

Posted by: visulak.6308

visulak.6308

@Zid They cannot any more, it was changed in the patch.

in WvW

Posted by: Zid.4196

Zid.4196

No, the effect that raises the mesmer hasn’t been changed.

in WvW

Posted by: Kuari.8106

Kuari.8106

Its viable. They have a teleport that can get them onto the walls and then from there they find a portal spot. This is a reasonable strategy, just the rendering issue makes it a bit unfair.

in WvW

Posted by: Casia.4281

Casia.4281

There is an exploit for porting inside walls that keeps getting deleted every time its brought up.
Which is frankly lame, as people can’t defend against it, if they don’t know about it.

So yes, it is possible you didn’t make a mistake, and miss the mesmer. He might have glitched into a wall to hide, or just outright blinked through the walls.

We lost hills to a mesmer on sunday, on HoD to this. JQ dropped outer walls, was repelled. multiple people did mesmer sweeps. Skeleton crew was repairing, etc. 10min later. ET claims hills, without orange swords going up. Inner walls never breached.

Later when we get it back another 10min, we do a sweep and find a mesmer trying to blink into a wall to hide.

in WvW

Posted by: Kazak.8459

Kazak.8459

Do you guys think this is an abuse/exploit? I have a feeling Anet will close this loophole down.