Meta Changes: Don't Panic

in WvW

Posted by: titanlectro.5029

titanlectro.5029

Seriously people, stop freaking out about the bloodlust buff.

The meta takes time to change. No one really knows how bloodlust will affect the game yet. Everyone has their own unsubstantiated theories, lets wait and see who is right. Give it a month (or at least 2 weeks) before having your panic attack.

In the meantime, take advantage of the unstable meta. This is your chance to develop new strategies which your enemy does not know yet. People have been making all sorts of stupid strategic moves, make them pay for it! Take your part in shaping the new meta.

So grab your towel and don’t panic!

Attachments:

Gate of Madness | Leader – Phoenix Ascendant [ASH]
Niniyl (Ele) | Barah (Eng) | Luthiyn (War) | Niennya (Thf)
This is my Trahearne’s story

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

But we know exactly how the bloodlust buff affect the game:

It makes the game unplayable due to extreme lag spikes and warping.

in WvW

titanlectro.5029

That is just a bug, which they may have just fixed (I’m not at my home computer to check). They will fix it for sure, the orb buffs did not spike lag.

in WvW

Posted by: LHound.8964

LHound.8964

In the meantime, take advantage of the unstable meta. This is your chance to develop new strategies which your enemy does not know yet. People have been making all sorts of stupid strategic moves, make them pay for it! …

My server is SFR. With these buffs the only stupid strategic moves our opponents ever do, are simply logging in WvW… They get zerged even harder…

Now, I see what you are trying to pull with this, and to be fair, I’ve been pretty supportive and patient toward ANet, but this is immensely ridiculous.

—————— ~~ ~~ —-————-
Charr’s need more Love. All is Vain
—————— ~~ ~~ —-————-

in WvW

Posted by: Brafius.7432

Brafius.7432

That is just a bug, which they may have just fixed (I’m not at my home computer to check). They will fix it for sure, the orb buffs did not spike lag.

They improved the lag with today’s patch yes, but the game is still unplayable for lots of people. Instead of having 40+ seconds lag at spawn out of combat, I now have 10+ seconds lag only during combat. It’s like playing chess against an opponent that has invisible chess pieces. Oddly enough I got a few kills The buff is the main reason for the skill lag.

in WvW

titanlectro.5029

In the meantime, take advantage of the unstable meta. This is your chance to develop new strategies which your enemy does not know yet. People have been making all sorts of stupid strategic moves, make them pay for it! …

My server is SFR. With these buffs the only stupid strategic moves our opponents ever do, are simply logging in WvW… They get zerged even harder…

Now, I see what you are trying to pull with this, and to be fair, I’ve been pretty supportive and patient toward ANet, but this is immensely ridiculous.

Bloodlust was never billed as a solution to population imbalance. You are the rank 1 server fighting rank 6 and 10, what did you expect?

Population imbalance is still a huge issue in GW2, but blaming it on bloodlust makes no sense.

in WvW

Posted by: Chopps.5047

Chopps.5047

Stomping is the new meta.

Tin Foil Hat Hearer »—> Ranger Extraordinaire »—> “Be like water…”

in WvW

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

lag seemed better for me today and ty anet for removing the bl icon flickering. it was giving me a headache! lag spikes are still there though during bigger encounters.

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: LHound.8964

LHound.8964

Bloodlust was never billed as a solution to population imbalance. You are the rank 1 server fighting rank 6 and 10, what did you expect?

Population imbalance is still a huge issue in GW2, but blaming it on bloodlust makes no sense.

I didn’t expect to get rid of inbalance once and for all, but i’ve expected small steps into that direction.

Let’s rather work towards a solution instead of increasing the problem, what do you think?

—————— ~~ ~~ —-————-
Charr’s need more Love. All is Vain
—————— ~~ ~~ —-————-

in WvW

Posted by: Chiolas.1326

Chiolas.1326

Your argument makes no sense. I know that if the US decides to single handedly invade Syria, that will affect the world in a bad way. Intelligent people knew that these changes would not be good for WvW.

Quit WvW and Gw2 in August 2013

in WvW

Posted by: Manuelito.6081

Manuelito.6081

There is a buff that will:
1- help the stronger among 3 server;
2- be indifferent if the match-up is balanced.

If anyone sees the logic behind it, I will be happy to listen.

[ROCK]
Desolation

in WvW

Posted by: Sovereign.1093

Sovereign.1093

The main problem I see with this patch is the icon going on and off in our characters, and as such is causing a major lag spike.

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

in WvW

Posted by: Sororita.3465

Sororita.3465

Oh don’t panic? hmmm… Of course you aren’t going to panic, i hear you’re transferring to IoJ to be top of the league, figures things are going too rough game play wise on GoM. Transferring to one of, if not the, best contender for league rewards…yup, dont panic, just riding on the success of better people.

Attachments:

Commander Starlight Honeybuns[BUNS]
Timelord to Lillium Honeybuns, IoJ
Forever together, or not at all.

in WvW

Chopps.5047

New meta: hold central points so you have an easier time getting off stomps. PPT / zerging is old meta now.

in WvW

Posted by: kaltastic.3146

kaltastic.3146

The buff does not automatically favor the strongest server or the server with the most coverage. Look at millennium at any given moment and you will see servers getting thrashed in PPT still holding 1-2 blood buffs across the map.

If played correctly the ruins/buffs work as an anti-zerg tactic and actually reward servers that don’t run around with a 80 man full map blob with a way to accumulate points.

I get that on servers where you are outmanned 80 ppl to 10 on a map that you have zero chance of taking and holding the points. The additional 150 stat points your opponents getting then sux and is just a pile on but it honestly is it really your top concern?

We share apocalyptic views, how comforting that we see it too.

in WvW

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

we know how bloodlust affects matches, orbs were in the game a year ago.

it makes matches really snowbally and encourages giving up unless you have 2-3 orbs most/all of the time…

you will get night/morning/day capped at some point and wont be able to recover the amount of people you had before you got capped out… and then the winning server has an easier time defending everything they took from you and camping the ruins and gets even more people because wvw is easy.

it was taken out last year, it wont be different this year.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in WvW

titanlectro.5029

Your argument makes no sense.

Why?

I know that if the US decides to single handedly invade Syria, that will affect the world in a bad way.

What does that have to do with anything?

Intelligent people knew that these changes would not be good for WvW.

Calling someone intelligent does not prove anything. By that logic, I can call Devon intelligent and invalidate your viewpoint.

I stand by my original point, no one knows how this will shake out yet. All people have are theories. How do you test a theory? See how it plays out in reality. That takes time.

in WvW

Posted by: zeus.2375

zeus.2375

As for me, bloodlust is the least of my concern right now. It’s the freaking constant lag even when there’s not much going on that needs to be looked at right away.

in WvW

titanlectro.5029

it makes matches really snowbally and encourages giving up unless you have 2-3 orbs most/all of the time…

you will get night/morning/day capped at some point and wont be able to recover the amount of people you had before you got capped out… and then the winning server has an easier time defending everything they took from you and camping the ruins and gets even more people because wvw is easy.

Bloodlust and Orbs are very different. Assuming that they will affect the meta in the same way is essentially a strawman argument.

With orbs, you could fortify the crap out of a keep with the orb in it, then all you needed was lookouts to call in the troops if someone attacked.

With bloodlust, you must keep boots on the ground at the ruins to hold the advantage, or else the other team can easily slip in and take it from you. This creates a strategic dilemma when it comes to troop allocation, one which can be exploited from the other side.

They are not the same.

in WvW

Chopps.5047

As for me, bloodlust is the least of my concern right now. It’s the freaking constant lag even when there’s not much going on that needs to be looked at right away.

Orange swords on the map anywhere cause lag for the whole map, maybe that’s what you’re seeing? If all three servers clash, well, lag becomes really really bad. Too much spam. Hopefully breaking up zergs reduces spamming and lag, we shall see.

in WvW

Posted by: Swedemon.4670

Swedemon.4670

Lag can and eventually will be fixed. That’s not the core issue. The core issue is that all fights 1v1, ZvZ, etc. are no longer straight up fights, they are tainted by the stat buffs.

You can think of it like PED’s in sports. Lance Armstrong won all of those Tour de France’s or Barry Bonds won all of those MVP awards but they took PED’s so it doesn’t really count.

Apply it to WvW: Team A defeated Team B in the field. Team A had the stats buff so it doesn’t really count. Now if Team B won without the stats buff then okay, well done. But Team A never really had an opportunity to do something impressive win or lose, so already they are not going to play to their potential.

I realize PED’s are illegal and the Bloodlust buff is perfectly legal, the point is more regarding the fact that there is a performance enhancer involved and how this impacts the fun of legitimately defeating your opponent toe to toe.

in WvW

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

Bloodlust and Orbs are very different. Assuming that they will affect the meta in the same way is essentially a strawman argument.

With orbs, you could fortify the crap out of a keep with the orb in it, then all you needed was lookouts to call in the troops if someone attacked.

With bloodlust, you must keep boots on the ground at the ruins to hold the advantage, or else the other team can easily slip in and take it from you. This creates a strategic dilemma when it comes to troop allocation, one which can be exploited from the other side.

They are not the same.

right. the new strategy will be to fortify the structures and keep an eye on the map for contests. and have the zerg sit split among the ruins burning down groups that try to take the buff (instead of getting their stuff back).

same effect. match snowballs to boring.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in WvW

titanlectro.5029

Lag can and eventually will be fixed. That’s not the core issue. The core issue is that all fights 1v1, ZvZ, etc. are no longer straight up fights, they are tainted by the stat buffs.

You can think of it like PED’s in sports. Lance Armstrong won all of those Tour de France’s or Barry Bonds won all of those MVP awards but they took PED’s so it doesn’t really count.

Apply it to WvW: Team A defeated Team B in the field. Team A had the stats buff so it doesn’t really count. Now if Team B won without the stats buff then okay, well done. But Team A never really had an opportunity to do something impressive win or lose, so already they are not going to play to their potential.

I realize PED’s are illegal and the Bloodlust buff is perfectly legal, the point is more regarding the fact that there is a performance enhancer involved and how this impacts the fun of legitimately defeating your opponent toe to toe.

WvW is about strategy. You are supposed to take advantage of every unfair aspect, it is war. That is why there is siege, walls, and upgrades.

If one side has a ballista behind their zerg, they have an advantage. If one side has the bloodlust buff, they have an advantage. WvW is a strategy game, and it is supposed to be that way.

The correct place for “toe to toe” “everything is fair” fighting is sPvP. I realize that sPvP is woefully inadequate for a lot of types of pvp, but that is sPvP’s problem, not WvW’s. They should not design WvW to be what sPvP ought to be. Instead they ought to improve the sPvP game mode so it can run GvG and duels and deathmatch.

in WvW

Posted by: Swedemon.4670

Swedemon.4670

WvW is about strategy. You are supposed to take advantage of every unfair aspect, it is war. That is why there is siege, walls, and upgrades.

If one side has a ballista behind their zerg, they have an advantage. If one side has the bloodlust buff, they have an advantage. WvW is a strategy game, and it is supposed to be that way.

The correct place for “toe to toe” “everything is fair” fighting is sPvP. I realize that sPvP is woefully inadequate for a lot of types of pvp, but that is sPvP’s problem, not WvW’s. They should not design WvW to be what sPvP ought to be. Instead they ought to improve the sPvP game mode so it can run GvG and duels and deathmatch.

You know, that is a fair point. And I agree sPvP does a poor job in filling this void which hopefully does get remedied up the road. Nevertheless, prior to the bloodlust buff everyone had the option to step away from a tower and keep for a time to challenge their opponent on relatively even ground. With the bloodlust buff you do not have this option. Like when Bobby Fischer defeated Boris Spassky in Chess during the Cold War, do you think either opponent wanted to have an unfair advantage? The Bloodlust buff should be an individual choice or perhaps only applicable within the confines of towers or keeps.

in WvW

Posted by: EFWinters.5421

EFWinters.5421

WvW is about strategy.

No, WvW is about numbers and coverage. This change serves no other purpose but to reinforce that, for no good reason at all.

You keep ranting about how BL is not bad.

Can you tell me why BL is good?

Human Guardian
Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Harmonizer.4210

Harmonizer.4210

This,

Wake up and stop drinking the kool-aid.

in WvW

Posted by: Gandalf The Grey.1058

Gandalf The Grey.1058

Didn’t habib say one of the reason for taking orbs out was because of the imbalance it created towards servers with larger coverages?? Isn’t this the same kitten concept??

in WvW

Posted by: CrassBippy.4619

CrassBippy.4619

the things you listed are available to both servers and are not dependant on #’s. buffs favor larger servers, hence no STRATEGY.

strategy involves fair fights, but better play/planning/builds.

you are basically supporting the thing that is not strategy and creates lopsided fights. WvW IS SUPPOSED TO BE BALANCED. get this through your heads, every competitive gametype is, UNFAIR is not IMBALANCED and WvW is at times UNFAIR, yet it can still be balanced.

anet is making the game UNFAIR as opposed to imbalanced, hence the outcry

Bi Furious [Fist] YB

(edited by CrassBippy.4619)

in WvW

titanlectro.5029

the things you listed are available to both servers and are not dependant on #’s. buffs favor larger servers, hence no STRATEGY.

By that logic, all WvW content is bad because it favors larger numbers.

Are you saying that strategy can only exist in a fair fight? Because there has never been a fair fight in the history of war, and yet strategy existed.

There is most definitely a strategy for being outnumbered. It is called guerrilla tactics, and is a very real thing that really works in WvW. On the current GoM, we are almost always against superior numbers, and I love it. The war does not just stop because it is unfair. For me, fighting against superior numbers can be quite rewarding. You will probably not win the PPT, but you can accomplish some great things with guerrilla tactics.

Personally, I think the ruins give more opportunity for guerrilla tactics, thus favoring the underdog. Other people think it just favors the server with the most bodies. Until the meta shakes out, there is no way to prove it either way.

in WvW

Posted by: CrassBippy.4619

CrassBippy.4619

By that logic, all WvW content is bad because it favors larger numbers.

Are you saying that strategy can only exist in a fair fight? Because there has never been a fair fight in the history of war, and yet strategy existed.

There is most definitely a strategy for being outnumbered. It is called guerrilla tactics, and is a very real thing that really works in WvW. On the current GoM, we are almost always against superior numbers, and I love it. The war does not just stop because it is unfair. For me, fighting against superior numbers can be quite rewarding. You will probably not win the PPT, but you can accomplish some great things with guerrilla tactics.

Personally, I think the ruins give more opportunity for guerrilla tactics, thus favoring the underdog. Other people think it just favors the server with the most bodies. Until the meta shakes out, there is no way to prove it either way.

this is a game, games are meant to be fun. Try “guerilla” tactics all you want vs me when i have +150 stats over and over again and well see how much fun youre having. all I do is roam with 1 other person and fight zergs and occasionally fight in large zergs. Fact stands that if youre good at PvP you want players to be on a even footing, so that if you beat them its because of skill or build, not that two of us had +150 to all stats and +an extra 250 vit and +100 pwr and cond dmg because we grind wxp all day.

if its a balanced game, and you decided to build arrow carts and we didnt, you outplayed us and win. no hard feelings. If you guys have more people and now get even more high stats and we lose just cause we cant take back the +150 stats?

thats not “Strategy” or “skill” and its why orbs were removed in the first place. All i would do is fight vs larger #’s, 2v4 etc, and wed win alot. now you want to tip the scales even more to help out the group of 4+? ya super, neato. thatll make for a fun PvP experience.

also if you seriously try to say the “its not meant to be balanced!” all youve done is drank the kool aid and accepted the fact that they dont care about WvW

Bi Furious [Fist] YB

(edited by CrassBippy.4619)