Might as well call it Gear vs Gear

in WvW

Posted by: Dhar.6392

Dhar.6392

Been gone a while… and just stepped in to see what’s it like.

Wv3 is not even worth the bother…. Doubt structured is either.

Gw2 has joined every game in creation… unless you have top gear… you are just fodder for everyone above you.

You’ll get no more badges from me… that’s for darn sure.

in WvW

Posted by: Venzetti.3901

Venzetti.3901

This is so far from true that it hurts.

You don’t need the top gear to be useful in WvW, especially if you take advantage of the upscaling.

You’re correct in saying that gear makes a difference but it would be stupid for it to not, I worked hard for my ascended rings and my exotic armor, why should I not be able to use them?

If you want everyone to have equal gear go to sPvP no one can have a gear advantage unless they’re just plain better at putting together armor builds than you.

(if you need proof of not needing the highest gear just look for upscaled people killing level 80s, the latest one I witnessed was a guildy of mine killing two level 80s with a level 2 thief.)

Co-Leader of GuM (General Underworld Mayhem)
Leader of the fearless Butterfly Squad.

in WvW

Posted by: BLKNovember.5620

BLKNovember.5620

I’ve been able to contribute to a group even on a lvl 12. Of course you can’t take on people by yourself, but you can help. Even with crap gear you can do well if you’re good enough, but I mean it’s not gonna help your build much.

[PRX] Deadly Proximity
Radik of Aeon – Guardian

in WvW

Posted by: Kumu Honua.2751

Kumu Honua.2751

Even a level 1 can carry 10 supply. BUILD THOSE CATAS!

Sylvari Guardian. – Dragonbrand.

in WvW

Posted by: aaron.7850

aaron.7850

exotics are super easy to get, if you are not lvl 80 then make that your priority

in WvW

Posted by: BLKNovember.5620

BLKNovember.5620

exotics are super easy to get, if you are not lvl 80 then make that your priority

This. There are so many ways to get exotics in this game and that’s the max gear. So….idk why anyone wouldn’t go for it right after they get to lvl 80.

Also, sPvP everyone has the same gear, you can choose different stats but that’s to make your own build, everyone is on the same page in sPvP.

[PRX] Deadly Proximity
Radik of Aeon – Guardian

in WvW

Posted by: Ungood.3054

Ungood.3054

Gw2 has joined every game in creation… unless you have top gear… you are just fodder for everyone above you.

Structured PvP is it’s own thing.

Everyone is Fully Leveled to 80 (all abilities and stats) (This is a great way to test a build, FYI). Structured also offers all gear (being equal) and all armors, runes, and stats, equal, so no one is given better gear, only knowing how to mix, match and max your gear matters, but no one is given “better” gear then anyone else.

You are as equal as you could ever hope to be in sPvP.

What I don’t like about sPvP is that is 5v5. If they made it so I could chose to set the map to 1v1, or 2v2, etc, and just have a dueling style of tournament, I’d be all over that.

WvW. yah. gear makes a big impact, same as PvE tho. So, no difference there.

But it’s not just gear, it’s skill, it knowing how to use combos, it’s being able to see your target, it’s about being out numbered 20 – 1 and having no idea it’s really that bad till they are on top of you. It’s about cheesy classes attracting the players that like cheesy classes and then zerg balling you, or attacking from behind, setting you up, knowing they have the advantage.

There is a lot more to the WvW then Gear Score, that is true, but if it not your thing, nothing will make it so.

Every Lifelong Journey Ends With a Gravestone.
Born and Raised in Eredon Terrace

in WvW

Posted by: Debois Guilbert.6413

Debois Guilbert.6413

Not seeing gear as an issue at all in WvW. I notice very little difference in my effectiveness from level 80s in full exotics down to level 30s in under leveled blues. I (mostly) don’t even bother with jewelry above greens. Do I win 1v1, sometimes, but usually when I lose it is because of a mistake I made and when I win I can usually figure out what my opponent is doing wrong. But then again I am almost never in an even matchup in WvW. Last night I found myself dying quite a bit, but mainly because I was tired and making lots of mistakes.

Altoholic Luciana Delaluna, Ranger
Phoenix Ascendant [ASH] – Gate of Madness
“This space intentionally left blank.” ~ Zork

(edited by Debois Guilbert.6413)