Missed connections --WvW

Missed connections --WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

I must apologize for plummeting from the wall to land face-first in front of you. I did not mean to startle you by it, but I also can’t remember why or how I did it. It was as if an unearthly force propelled me toward you.

lol! +1!

L’enfer, c’est les autres

Missed connections --WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Drainbamaged.1062

Drainbamaged.1062

I was your beginning, you, my end. I remember seeing you off in the distance as my comp barely rendered you silhouette. You seemed a world away as I lumbered closer to discern friend from foe. It was my first time piloting an omega golem and foolishly I ventured into the unknown alone because your outline showed a fellow golem user. Giddy to show off my automatonic skills I dodge forward as fast as possible. As I moved closer I caught the green hue emanating from your consruct. But your name displayed red… an enemy alpha golem.
I stopped to think. Was this fate? Two golems alone in the wilderness. You caught sight and turned to face me. A tumbleweed (rabbit) slowly passed between us. I frantically search my controls for an emote to show my innocence but just flailed my arms and threw flames. No pull on this model but I felt the attraction on your end spring forth as you engaged yours. If only I could see your face and learn of your true intentions. I engaged my shield bubble and you followed. That was sign enough for me. I scanned the horizon for naysayers and rabble rousers but found us still alone in syncronic autonomy. Now who would make the first move. My finger hovered over the 5 key. Would you follow?
I awoke at my waypoint bruised, befuddled and a huge fist indentation on my breastplate. I searched for a reason. A rhyme. Then I remembered my training days back at the asuran golem academy. A lady hates a premature ejector. A hard lesson re-learned…

Missed connections --WvW

in WvW

Posted by: BroScientist.9875

BroScientist.9875

I’m so glad I ran into this thread. it’s amazing.

(edited by BroScientist.9875)

Missed connections --WvW

in WvW

Posted by: RoninDB.9540

RoninDB.9540

You blue, me red, OH!
You love me, say your bright eyes
Stabbed through the heart, blood

Zero Negative [ZN]
Public Relations/Inter-Guild Relations Officer
Tarnished Coast

Missed connections --WvW

in WvW

Posted by: VoxShatterfall.5470

VoxShatterfall.5470

Your icy glare was eyeing they two of us, both in fancy leather. You wouldn’t take a bow for an answer and immediately rushed towards me with that hunger. As I split from my ally’s location you chased me down. I figured that you were looking for at least a single screaming victim tonight. I tried desperately to fend off your advances but you could tell I was becoming more and more used with each incantation of your magic. Right as your flame would pierce my armor my dear ally came in to stun you with her beauty. I couldn’t believe she would help me against an invader such as you. Together we fought with tenacity against your ravaging assault. We were within points succumbing to your shocking lashes until you finally relented. You were used and forced to retreat in a haze of mist. But we wouldn’t let you off with a few bruises, it got my heart pounding that we both would finish you off. A few grenades of joy were all it took for you to explode and my ally arrived at your location in a flash to send you off appropriately. As I arrived to see our handy work I thanked my ally with several mango pies and some good elonian wine. Although we were intoxicated on our way to stone mist castle, we knew we would never need worry about a man’s touch again.

Commander Vox Shatterfall / Ward Zabach / Ifrit the Immolated
Angry Intent | Multiple Servers
WTB Razor Blade Free Candy!

Missed connections --WvW

in WvW

Posted by: loneknight.8425

loneknight.8425

(humming to ‘Every Breath You Take’ by The Police)

Every Lord you take
Every camp you raid
Every guy you tagged
Every siege you trashed
I’ll be stalking you

Every single day
Much to my dismay
No silver to pay
Repair costs a pain
I’ll be cursing you

O I can’t see
You in stealth when flee
How my poor back aches with every stab I take

Every wound you give
Certain death I’ll face
Laughing like a loon
Dancing on my toon
I’ll be kitten you

When you stealth you’ll be gone without a trace
Moment later you’ll be all over my face
I dodge around but it’s you I can’t escape
I feel so cold when I’m strucked down on my face
I keep crying someone, rez me please~ T.T

(Irony – I’m a roamer too :p)

The thief who did dat – Crystal Desert

Missed connections --WvW

in WvW

Posted by: McNigel.8123

McNigel.8123

The battle raged, all around me death and blood. I raised my hammer, bringing it down with a crack upon the knees of another inferior race, I feel the shock of breaking bones travell up the shaft.
Spinning I duck underneath the legs of other combatants, cracking legs and spines as I spin. Time passes and the battle continues but in one moment, one pure moment I spot you, I look up into your eyes and you look down into mine. Time stands still, blood and gore blending with the Scarlet and black of my armour, the sun glints off your invader green plate mail and a bond stronger than steel is formed.
You raise your sword and charge towards me, seemingly forgetting the battle around you, our weapons meet and I too forget the battle, there is only you, me and the dance.
Time immeasurable passes, moments, minutes, hours, I can’t remember.
Your blade takes me in the chest, but fails to pierce my breastplate and as you withdraw to strike again my hammer lashes out, taking you in the ankle.
Plate buckles and flesh pulps, a scream of pashon erupts from your lips, closely echoed by my own as you begin to fall, landing hard upon the dry brown earth.
You scrape rocks off the dirt around you, throwing them playfully towards me, inviting me in, your lifeblood pools around you, surrounding you like an aura of battle upon an angel of war.
I kneel over you and see the longing In your eyes, a feeling I can only assume was mirrored in mine and in your last moments our lips touch.
Like the soft caress of a butterfly, it is all too fleeting and with a sigh your head falls back and your eyes grow vacant, a single tear escapes my eye and slides down my cheek, within my mind I feel a presence, and somehow I know it is you, like whispers of falling leaves you speak to me and I will never forget your words, “GG”

Our time was short, but I will cherish it always

Arutha Lightseeker – 80 Guardian
Lexx Kahern – 80 Midget Warrior
Member of PiNK and Newby Commander

Missed connections --WvW

in WvW

Posted by: kazi.6438

kazi.6438

You were in my borderland. I was forced to come and lend a hand. And there, in the distance, we saw each other.

Words failed me. I could only /beckon from afar. You noticed. I could almost feel pink butterflies flutter inside my chest as you shattered my illusions. Truly, you must have found me quite stunning to have been that immobilized. I had to have you then and there.

At first you were resistant. I thought I might win you over with fine swordplay and my oversized staff. I was right. Finally, as you lay there on the ground, I could see you reaching out to me. Come closer, you seemed to say. I could wait no longer. As I thrust my flagpole inside of you, you cried out as if you wanted me to have this experience.

After our first encounter, I was worried that I had come on too strong. But you came back! Over and over and over. Sometimes you would play “hard to get.” You even brought some friends to watch. As you came again and again, I could not help but think that we were meant for each other.

But you left. Please come back. You left a few discarded garments and a thick leather strap. I even have your badge. I want to salvage something from our relationship.

Inir [CAT]

(edited by kazi.6438)

Missed connections --WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Loryn.5941

Loryn.5941

To all the Surmia who had a party with us in EB this evening, thank you. It was great fun. My apologies for some of our players who insisted on trying to kill you. I was very impressed when a small group of you made it into our spawn area to dance with us.
I’d also like to thank you for the keg & guild banquet [DEX] put up, and I’ve ignored the messages that this was secretly done to make us drunk and fall over, which would make us easier to kill.

None of this was fictional. Really had a great night =)

ps: Sorry for scratching the paint on SM. We were 4 people out walking, not quite sure what came over us. Very sorry!

oh, and should the naked Norn read this, send me a message. I was the naked Sylvari.

(edited by Loryn.5941)

Missed connections --WvW

in WvW

Jayne.9251

(humming to ‘Every Breath You Take’ by The Police)

Every Lord you take
Every camp you raid
Every guy you tagged
Every siege you trashed
I’ll be stalking you

Every single day
Much to my dismay
No silver to pay
Repair costs a pain
I’ll be cursing you

O I can’t see
You in stealth when flee
How my poor back aches with every stab I take

Every wound you give
Certain death I’ll face
Laughing like a loon
Dancing on my toon
I’ll be kitten you

When you stealth you’ll be gone without a trace
Moment later you’ll be all over my face
I dodge around but it’s you I can’t escape
I feel so cold when I’m strucked down on my face
I keep crying someone, rez me please~ T.T

(Irony – I’m a roamer too :p)

This is simply brilliant!

Missed connections --WvW

in WvW

VoxShatterfall.5470

You were in EB stonemist castle guard duty renewing siege timers
Left Sorrows furnace, never transferred back
I was a WvW Drifter with a fear of repairin’
Confused why we 1v1 duel when it never lasts

I bow “How are you today,
Would you like to have a duel?”
The moment when I can see them
Oh God no, I can see them now.

Do you remember, I was standing there on that manger
You bowed back at me for the first time.
You made a dueler of a transient drifter’s careful ranger.
This was the first WvW I’ve seen shine.

One respawn and we’re meeting for a duel again,
And there’s a 1v1 challenge on GW2 guru forums.
You learn my techniques and you figure out my build
You say we’ll never get steam rolled by randoms.

But we got repairs to pay,
Keep getting guilds kicking us out,
When team chat was all ridicule,
Oh God no, this is what I worried about.

Do you remember, I was standing there on that manger
You bowed back at me for the first time.
You made a dueler of a transient drifter’s careful ranger.
This was the first WvW I’ve seen shine

Do you remember all the uncloacking avatars around that manger?
You saw me stand befuddled for the first time.
You made a dueler of a transient drifter’s careful ranger
This was the first WvW I’ve seen shine.

And I recall that roll
Two-thirty AM (GMT)
As my HP was slipping right out of my globe
I logged onto GW2 forum to rant on culling and you logged in after me
Raged myself for the troll comment
‘cause there’s too many forum drones
Then you posted by surprise
You typed, “I’ll never face you alone.”

You said, “I remember how you looked standing on manger
And every time I use a cloak, it’s 20 v 1 time
I wanted to change a transient drifter’s careful Ranger.
Zerg is how we make WvW shine.”

P.S. play TS’s mine music and sing along!

Missed connections --WvW

in WvW

Posted by: loneknight.8425

loneknight.8425

This is simply brilliant!

Thanks! Say, do you happen to be a fellow browncoat?

The thief who did dat – Crystal Desert

Missed connections --WvW

in WvW

Jayne.9251

Browncoat?

Oh no, this thread was simply my evil plot to lure all you fine creative types to Tarnished Coast! (Not really, I’m just being silly and have been greatly enjoying the creativity in this thread!)

And no, I’m a girl! … lol I always get the Firefly references, but have had this name in various MMOs for about 10 years now.

(edited by Jayne.9251)

Missed connections --WvW

in WvW

VoxShatterfall.5470

That is so unfair – I should have taken a firefly reference…

Should we make a book out of each of these and attempt to explain which skills where used and where in each of the WvW maps they happened?

That would be kinda awesome, making a picture book from each of these “stories” with the captions listed, then giving back to ANET to decide what to do with it.

I think that may be vastly interesting but I’m not willing to put much effort…

Missed connections --WvW

in WvW

Jayne.9251

I’m sure we have plenty of artistic types to illustrate. If I knew web design more, I’d love to see each with illustration and gallery like layout.

Missed connections --WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Talmor.9048

Talmor.9048

I sat there, waiting for you. My love. Hours I waited, my traps ready to ensnare you in the land of floating islands. But you never came. I watched my friend slowly walk up with a forlorn expression on his face. I knew then you would never come. He waved at me to get my attention.

I went to /wave, but forgot to add my /. I moved forward, turned left, and dodged back off the cliff to my death. My strafe right could not help. Wave. That is what I used to do when we met in the jumping puzzle.

- Farstrike
Dragon Brand

Missed connections --WvW

in WvW

Posted by: eldavo.6054

eldavo.6054

I saw you busting out some sweet dance moves when I was weekending in Cragtop; you the frolicking lady of the woods across the canyon in your green leather pants, me the slim and closely-cropped soldier near the tower wearing my blues—we were but a stones-throw away.  I beckoned for you to join me, perhaps to share a piece of omnom pie? Yet you kept dancing as if in a trance, oblivious.  I tried to pierce your heart repeatedly with my ballista’s arrow, but alas—you were invulnerable to my advances.  I could only stand there from afar, wistfully, longing for what could’ve been.

Diaverse
Guardian – Commander – Officer of Rethesis [RE] Tarnished Coast

Missed connections --WvW

in WvW

Jayne.9251

My darling, why did you leave me to go off with that other big brutish guy? We had a good thing going on as we fought side by side on the field, taking quick and coy glances at each other every time another enemy went down. How our blood flowed when we ran deep into the sea of red names and cried out in fury for our server. I thought our love was forever. But now I see you, on the other side of the waypoint, and your lovely green coat has turned red.

Missed connections --WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Lavath.8924

Lavath.8924

I saw you in the sea of other girl and I was enthralled instantly. I asked you if you would be my Valentine; we could hold hands and watch watergate together. Maybe we could swim with the quaggans. Coo?

You just smiled and told me to go write down my desires somewhere else because you were busy with the girls.

Boo..

Luna Acacia | Mord Sith | SoR

Missed connections --WvW

in WvW

Jayne.9251

Wandering down the road, caressing my furry friend the dolyak, I could hear you. Strangely, I couldn’t see you. Not until the poor beast was dead and a stake was driven through my heart. Darn thieves.

Missed connections --WvW

in WvW

Jayne.9251

Happy Valentines Day lovelies …. Now is the time for epic stories about unrequited love …. Share yours today!

Missed connections --WvW

in WvW

Posted by: crystalpink.2487

crystalpink.2487

Happy Valentines Day lovelies …. Now is the time for epic stories about unrequited love …. Share yours today!

Since I don’t have an epic story about unrequited love, I try to create one~ lulz

Once upon a day, I fell in love with a cute and fluffy bunny, who was jumping around joyfully in green pasture.
Alas, that bunny didn’t see me, so he/she/it never returned my love.

The end.

Anyways, happy Valentine’s day ^-^

Euphemia Hime (Elementalist), Pinky Pearl (Mesmer), Avicenia (Ranger), Vanille Morgana (Necromancer)
Chibi Asura San (Engineer), Hikaru Masai (Guardian), Selene Minerva (Revenant)
Guild: The Bunnies [Bun] ~ Server: Jade Quarry

Missed connections --WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Lavath.8924

Lavath.8924

The rest of the world marched on without me, leaving me to lie still and alone. My world was gray, bleak, and lifeless.

..until you came.

Your very touch filled me with life once more —color poured into the world again.

In a world of war and strife, it’s good to remember those who bring color back into it.

Luna Acacia | Mord Sith | SoR

Missed connections --WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Sumwun.3846

Sumwun.3846

You were in all green, I was in all red. I was coming up the road towards the SW garrison gate when I think we may have made a little eye contact. i started to move towards you as you moved towards me. you and the sentry got into it just before a group of friends happened over the hill and wiped you out. I liked your staff. I know this is a long shot, but if someone knows this player in all green with a staff let them know.

message me with what type of helm i was wearing so I know it is you. <3

Yorgy/Rumblestrip
Yak’s Bend.

Missed connections --WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Kay.5416

Kay.5416

Lonesome T8 FC looking for roaming SF or ET (no other server need apply). Not interested in groups! Enjoy long runs along frozen waters, fire from above and collecting badges. If interested, please send me a message by dead dolyak.

Ferguson’s Crossing: Heliolite & handful of others

Missed connections --WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Entropy.4732

Entropy.4732

YOU: A massive, gorgeous, Norn mesmer female with a step that shook the earth.
ME: A bizarre, mohawk-sporting, effete, Sylvari mesmer-man.
WHERE: NSP/HoD/GoM Eternal Battlegrounds
WHAT: I saw your massive shape gracefully descend from the bridge near Durios Gultch. You were drifting in a pink haze of omniscient butterflies. Eyes large and limpid brown like a cow’s noble flank. I moved towards you with unbridled exuberance only to see with regret that you were on the GoM server, and I NSP. When you started to attack me with an earnest look on your adorable face, I took it as a compliment. We weaved our mysterious purple energy together in a delicate dance of clones, replications, illusions, self-reflection and glorious, glorious pink butterflies. It was pure, celestial delight.
Until your friends on GoM showed up and beat the living bajesus out of me. I was left coughing blood and bile at your feet. Desperately mashing my downed abilities, hoping you would understand my morse code message of ardor and affection. Apparently you did, summoning a ball of brilliant light, jumping up into the air, and bringing it down on my face. “Ahhhh!” I collapsed into nothingness. Dead as doorknobs. But content to die at your hands my dear.

Styx Hemlock – Sylvari Mesmer – TFG – NSP

Missed connections --WvW

in WvW

Posted by: katz.8376

katz.8376

best... thread.... evar

Druids of Dhuum [DoD]|Rally Bait [RALY]
~o hai there :D~ LONG LIVE ET

Missed connections --WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Wintuo.1356

Wintuo.1356

It was an eerie night atop the Eternal Battlegrounds Puzzle, my foe you and I had fought hard against a common enemy that had been camping this spot for hours on end, we relax for there was a peaceful lull in the air, no friendly or enemy in sight just you and I. We talked for what seemed like hours until our silent night was broken by the enemy we thought long gone from this zone, we stood back to back and made ready our weapons, prepared to die I said to you, whatever the outcome of this battle my friend we die with honor, and die together. The battle ensues I down my enemy my newfound friend downs another, it looked as though we may win the day then out of nowhere an enemy necro fears us off the cliff, and our bodies lay in the grassy meadow and it was calm and quiet again, as if it were all but a dream of the time that had passed before us.
This night will live on if only, through the whispers of the wind, or on the still bloodstained weapons we refused to clean after the battle as a reminder of that time where foe became friend.

Win Two Ohhh lvl 80 Human Mesmer
Guard the Guild lvl 80 Norn Guardian
Outlaws and Vagabonds(LaWz) on TC

Missed connections --WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Kazhiel.8194

Kazhiel.8194

Awesome thread, laughed so hard omg much <3 for TC

Jalliel [AI] – Yak’s Bend

Missed connections --WvW

in WvW

Posted by: hyjaxxx.1584

hyjaxxx.1584

I caught a glimpse of you in our keep, your Beauty vast..but frightening . In an attempt to woo you with some mood lighting….I smashed the key for “Ride the Lightning!”

Whoajaxx the Ranger
Re-Port331,331R,DD331,Re-portV
Currently looking for wvw guild@henge

Missed connections --WvW

in WvW

Posted by: pot.6805

pot.6805

I saw you running towards a Vista in the Blackgate borderlands. You wore red as you were the red server that week in battle. And then I saw your name Tarnished Coast Invader. And then you saw my name Blackgate Invader and guild tag. You waved and then kneeled as a show of respect. I returned the favor and then I protected you from an enemy from the third world while you got your vista. We then departed, without saying a word.

BeeGee
Beast mode

Missed connections --WvW

in WvW

Posted by: dirtyoldgoat.5496

dirtyoldgoat.5496

I was the purplish robed elementalist with the glowing staff. You were the thief from FA with the daggers in your hand. We met when we both ended up being stuck in the walls of Hills. We danced. We laughed. We cried. But alas when we finally embraced both your love and your daggers found my heart.

I begged your forgiveness. The fireball i threw was only meant to warm us.

I hope the loot bag i dropped was filled with roses.

—Yours forever

Fallendruid, White Lighter, The Native Sun
PINK is the new Black
Tarnished Coast (via Tyranny)

(edited by dirtyoldgoat.5496)

Missed connections --WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Hexin.5603

Hexin.5603

Every night I walk the same path, it’s generally safe, so alone I can trot. The serene sound of ambient creatures is enough to keep me comfort. The night before last though, for the first time was different. I heard a whimper in the distance. It veered me off my regular course. I tried to locate the source, but the closer I thought I was getting, the whimper kept afar. Eventually, a little hopeless… I went back to my course and finished collecting my items. Last night, again … I heard it. The same light whimper, soft and quiet around the mountainside. I started along to locate the source, first along the left side of the mountain ridge, nothing within a hawkeye’s view could be seen. Then along the right side, again no soul in sight. But another soft rumbling sound also could be heard in the distance. I followed the right side of the mountains until I came upon a ridge. As I slowly came to ridge, the rumbling sound grew louder, and the whimpering was softer almost overlayed now. I peered over, and my mouth dropped in shock. Fires glistened in my eyes, and the scent of smoke lightly lingered. Little figures formed in the distance… of the camp now engulfed by flames. The figures gathered together, as one lifted it’s trophy high in the air … as light roar was let out. My stomach turned at the sight, and I sat back against a nearby rock formation. My mind raced to comprehend the events and flashed memories of the poor folks who once called that encampment there home. My heart raced and I could feel the blood flowing through my body.

As I gazed out across the ridgetop, hidden from view i could see a distant small figure high along the mountain side. Just then, I jumped at a piercing pain in my back, and my mind went into array of vivid random thoughts. Was I dead? I couldn’t focus, I grabbed at my hammer and blindly swung around, nothing. I jumped and rolled down the slope back to my path, riping out my warhorn, and giving a plea call out. As I came towards the base, I tripped and was rip back towards where the pain was. As I got to my feet, I saw the two culprits racing towards my downed location. One with the prize previously lifted in hand.

As I slowly pulled myself to my feet again, I threw my axe at one, hitting him in the leg and immobilizing him in place… but it was too late, the other spun letting out what felt like a hundred daggers ripping into my body, I collapsed. I was caught by surprise and I knew… I was in trouble. I couldn’t feel my legs any longer, and they closed in. I thought to myself, everyone has a day…

At that moment, an explosion hit the dagger wielding individual, and his body flipped lifeless. Was it a cannon? No. Rocks grew from the ground beneath crippling the invader holding his prize next to his lifeless comrade. I knew an ele was in the area.

Mist formed heavily around the area, and a I could hardly make out the sparks and shadows not 10 feet away from my broken body…. but what I heard next will ring in my ears forever. A fierce, forceful and volitile female voice yelled at her infidel “THIS … WAS YOUR CHOICE” … followed by a gurgling pierce.

As the mist dissipated the shadowy figure walked slowly towards me. Holding the prize in hand. She bent down to me, and laid healing waters around my broken legs. As I rose to my feet, scared of the fate that soon lay next … she looked me in the eye hard, silently. What was only seconds felt like a minute of interogation without words. She then turned, prize still in hand … whispering back “Don’t make the same mistake, it’s your choice.” And she walked the yak’s head back to it’s body in the encampment, whimpering along the way.

This moment changed my life, and I’ve been searching for her ever since, the one who saved me.

~ X [RE], Kain

Willing to pay for boxed expansion if you put legit GvG in the box $$

Missed connections --WvW

in WvW

Jayne.9251

We ran naked through the fields, jumping and laughing and shouting out for more to join. Soon our two became ten, became 20, became 30 naked laughing, running up to the gates. And as we turned around we spied another crew, dressed in red, riding broomsticks, equally naked. Both sides smiled.

Missed connections --WvW

in WvW

Jayne.9251

Your accent was charming, a foreigner with a sturdy resolve. We danced for what felt like hours, the windmill our backdrop – an ideal spot for a picnic. You lunged at me, passion in your eyes, a hunger for more …. But it wasn’t love. It was a thirst for my blood! I vanished in a poof of glitter and decided to set you up with my twin sisters instead.

Missed connections --WvW

in WvW

Jayne.9251

Bumping for nostalgia.

Missed connections --WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

Watch out, Tyria! TC’s premier roleplayer is back!

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast