Missing Communication

Missing Communication

in WvW

Posted by: Hengis.1036

Hengis.1036

So finally we have arrived at a point where the wvwvw section of this forum doesn’t get any more attention besides moderators closing threads inappropriate to the Code of conduct?

I mean when did we get the last indormation about wvw? when was the last exchange of ideas? The CDI about Commanders? yeah this one did really great!

I mean of course the devs are buisy with, well, developing, but the other subforums get attention aswell. The CDI in PVE is full of exchange while the wvw discussion subforum is a deserted place concerning dev answers!

Why isnt it possible to place a wvw community coordinator like the spvp has? Is this part of the game so non profitable that you don’t think its necessary?

I’m really hoping for an improvement concerning this cause this is nothing about good communication some guys promised a few months ago…

(edited by Hengis.1036)

Missing Communication

in WvW

Posted by: Hule.8794

Hule.8794

naive guy
/15 chars

Missing Communication

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

WvW remain an open pasture where Anet let the sheep run free. As long as the fences are there keeping everyone in place and the sheep every now and then come into the farm to be fleeced, they dont care what the sheep do or how they feel.

The reason for the removal of the matchup forum is obvious. We’re not supposed to get upset, challenge each other or otherwise communicate with people on other servers. Just graze in silence.

Missing Communication

in WvW

Posted by: Razamatazz.9628

Razamatazz.9628

Well, we do have a Dev, Devon Carter. While it seems he never really posted as much in the WvW section as the Dev’s for PvE or sPvP did in their sections, I’ve not seen a post from him in some time, feels like a month or two now (probably an exaggeration but it feels quite rare). I know that PvP tends to have a lower rate of Dev interaction communication wise (PvP players seem to be the most passionate of players and thus most likely to have extreme reactions, often negative) but it’s disheartening that we seemto have no interaction here. At the very least it doesn’t seem to be helping, even if you’re not giving info, come in and interact with us, comment on threads, talk about how you like fighting in EB, or BL’s. Or how you tried to solo a camp and totally kitten ed it trying to face tank a claimer with RI. Or some epic battle you were in. Maybe some player you saw with the most horrific looking armor on in WvW. Anything really, just let us know you’re here, that at least someone cares about WvW and the players who love it. I know that ANet cares about all the aspects of its game, but actions speak louder than words.

Lydeah – 80 Mesmer
Lorynne – 80 Guardian
[PB] – NSP

Missing Communication

in WvW

Posted by: Cicero.3492

Cicero.3492

It has been over a month since Devon has posted on the forums according to his message history.

Missing Communication

in WvW

Posted by: fett.9573

fett.9573

They quite obviously do not care in the least bit about communication here with the exception of closing threads. After all, WvW is the red headed stepchild that violated their game design mode so they shun it.

Missing Communication

in WvW

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

To play devil’s advocate; they might be in a huff because they went to the trouble of replacing GvG with WvW; and all people do is complain about GvG.

It’s certainly a much larger undertaking and the vitriol is so high that he can’t post without getting a ton of negative comments.

Missing Communication

in WvW

Posted by: GrandmaFunk.3052

GrandmaFunk.3052

Do ppl seriously wonder why Devon stopped posting?

it’s because every time he has posted something, he just gets kittened all over. No one gets paid enough to endure that kind of abuse.

GamersWithJobs [GWJ]
Northern Shiverpeaks

Missing Communication

in WvW

Chris.3290

Do ppl seriously wonder why Devon stopped posting?

it’s because every time he has posted something, he just gets kittened all over. No one gets paid enough to endure that kind of abuse.

The problem is that they put a dev (who should be spending his time developing and testing) as the contact. They should have had a outreach person (look for someone unflappable) be the contact. That person of course would be in contact with the WvW dev team, sit in their meetings and planning sessions, etc. Also they would be knowledgeable and would frequently participate in WvW on different servers during different timezones, etc.

That would be too proactive however.

Missing Communication

in WvW

Posted by: Josh Davis.6015

Josh Davis.6015

Next

Very apt timing for this thread to appear as I’ve recently been enlisted by the WvW team.

What does this mean for you guys? I’ll be working closely with Devon and crew to act as the liaison between our development team and you – raising community concerns with the team, finding answers, being the good/bad guy, and whatever else!

For those wondering, I play engineer, I prefer to roam, I’m currently on JQ, and yes, I take bribes in the form of cookies.

Missing Communication

in WvW

Posted by: Vi Au.8341

Vi Au.8341

Hey josh, welcome. I would like to know the opinion of the team and your opinion on the current guild/zerg meta where heavy classes are prevalent in wvw.

Missing Communication

in WvW

Posted by: Hengis.1036

Hengis.1036

Welcome Josh!

What I wanted to express with this thread is my concern that, in the last few weeks, there was literally no communication with the wvw player base. I just wanted to point out the significant imbalance between the atention the wvw forum gets compared to other game parts. But I hope this will change now and we get good feedback vice versa eachother

Missing Communication

in WvW

Posted by: Natronix.9827

Natronix.9827

Hey Josh, any news on up coming updates to WvW? Whe will acct bound wxp be?

Commander Nachonix

Missing Communication

in WvW

Posted by: Avatar of Belle.9623

I’d like to know if Edge of the Mists map is coming out soon.

Threnody of Belle – Necromancer and PvE Carebear (24,500 achievement points)
Maguuma
#allisvain

Missing Communication

in WvW

Posted by: Razamatazz.9628

Razamatazz.9628

Very apt timing for this thread to appear as I’ve recently been enlisted by the WvW team.

What does this mean for you guys? I’ll be working closely with Devon and crew to act as the liaison between our development team and you – raising community concerns with the team, finding answers, being the good/bad guy, and whatever else!

For those wondering, I play engineer, I prefer to roam, I’m currently on JQ, and yes, I take bribes in the form of cookies.

We’re not interested in bribing you, just bathing in your characters blood while your mangled corpse lies under the cow finisher (man that one gets me heated) one of my guild mates just dropped on your head.

So, welcome Josh, glad to have you aboard and looking forward to working with you. If you ever switch to NSP I’ll redact that cow finisher bloody corpse part by the way.

(And here’s some cookies, hook me up with some WXP flasks bro)

Lydeah – 80 Mesmer
Lorynne – 80 Guardian
[PB] – NSP

Missing Communication

in WvW

Posted by: deathTouch.9706

deathTouch.9706

Well you sure got your work cut out for you.

V deathTouch V – Warrior
STD [Scarlet Gave Me Harpies]
Maguuma

Missing Communication

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

I think it’d be a really good idea for this aspect of your job if you had an alt account that plays on a lower level tier — perhaps even 2 alts, one in tier 4 and another in tier 7 or 8.

Missing Communication

in WvW

Chris.3290

Incredibly apt timing. Welcome and please accept apologies in advance for the whining and accusations you will be observing from us in massive quantities.

Missing Communication

in WvW

Posted by: Samhayn.2385

Samhayn.2385

Hi Josh, I play Necro/Mes, I also roam and I’m on SoR. See you out there.

It was 2 vs 20 but its ok we got’em both!

Missing Communication

in WvW

Posted by: Cactus.2710

Cactus.2710

Glad you’re here, but I have to say that you have a lot of catching up to do … most of it involving trying to convince the player base that ANet actually cares about WvW and that somebody associated with WvW actually is willing to listen to player concerns and suggestions. There hasn’t been anyone from ANet who has even pretended to consider us anything other than an annoyance since Habbib left. Here’s hoping you’re actually sincere, because I don’t think there’s a whole lot of time left for you guys to pull this one out of the fire like most of us would like to see you do.

D/D Thief who prefers mobility to stealth … so yeah, I die a lot
Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

Missing Communication

in WvW

Posted by: Omaris Mortuus Est.2738

Omaris Mortuus Est.2738

Indeed, a lot of players have left due to PvE not being challenging enough, and WvW just being so bugged that people have gotten tired of it and left the game altogether.

I hear there are quite a few games coming out this year, and if the devs do not do something about WvW, which is the only thing keeping some of here, then those games may make them leave as well.

WvW needs a lot of attention and not just more masteries and a queuing map. And please please please get rid of the PvE crap in WvW!!!!

Macros, you can use them as long as they arent macros.
Remember to buy the officially endorsed GW2 Steel Series Keyboard, it supports macros!
WvW, we only care if it affects the servers we play on.

Missing Communication

in WvW

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

i bet you play asura too -_-

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

Missing Communication

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Hey Josh, any news on up coming updates to WvW? Whe will acct bound wxp be?

This is probably the most urgent. When will World XP be made account bound plus the Edge of the Mists map?

I would also add is anything coming from the CDI on Commander functionality?

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

Missing Communication

in WvW

Posted by: MarzAttakz.9608

MarzAttakz.9608

Frankly, all the sweet talking when issues reach critical mass is becoming too much, how about you guys start doing for a change??

The CDI’s have been a great initiative on your part but how soon can you, as the developers, start delivering on the ideas discussed. The communication vacuum has gone on for too long, I understand you’re all busy doing your jobs but where has the ArenaNet that shared their thoughts and ideas pre-beta gone?

YOU KNOW THERE AIN’T NO REST FOR THE WICKED, TILL WE CLOSE OUR EYES FOR GOOD.

Once proud member of Extraordinary Gentlemen [EXG]{DESO4LIFE}

Missing Communication

in WvW

Posted by: CEDWYN.5392

CEDWYN.5392

Josh,

As your first official duty, you need to brief us on the following:

1) When is WXP going to be account bound?
2) When will we be able to buy ascended weapons/armour on the pvp vendor?
3) When are you removing all LS / PVE from WvW?
4) When are you addressing issues such as night time protection, siege griefing, supply griefing, commander upgrades, defense rewards, season 1 rewards?

Regards,
WvW Community

Missing Communication

in WvW

Cactus.2710

Frankly, all the sweet talking when issues reach critical mass is becoming too much, how about you guys start doing for a change??

The CDI’s have been a great initiative on your part but how soon can you, as the developers, start delivering on the ideas discussed. The communication vacuum has gone on for too long, I understand you’re all busy doing your jobs but where has the ArenaNet that shared their thoughts and ideas pre-beta gone?

This.

I find it incredibly ironic that while ANet wants these forums to be polite, respectful, patient, and positive … they acknowledge nothing, respond to nothing, and do nothing for months and months UNTIL players fill these forums with acrimony out of pure frustration. If you stand back and look at it, ANet is actually encouraging the bad behavior they say they want to avoid … nobody answers the phone until the mob is at the door with lanterns and pitchforks. Now when it’s virtually too late to salvage anything, they suddenly decide to institute damage control when there would have been no need for it in the first place if they had even been pretending to be listening.

It’s just crazy …

Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

Missing Communication

in WvW

Hule.8794

Hey Josh,
i really wanted to not post this, as you were enlisted to wvw recently.

But:
- game contains bugs and exploits, like problems with party UI, or missing gate at Woodhaven etc.
- in past year players were calling to somehow buff Commander system, it was even discussed in CDI
- new features – EOTM and Account bound WXP
-battle between siege vs blobs, and how havoc squads fit to this

These are just few points what the community would like to know answer.
If Anet, and oyu, want community from WvW to “be happy” again, or at least stop whinning and have hope and faith in gw2 again, please try to find out any single information about these points and share them with community, if possible.

Thank you

Missing Communication

in WvW

Posted by: skyz.7321

skyz.7321

Playing on a super stacked T1 server? Great. WvW won’t be improving any time soon.

Missing Communication

in WvW

Posted by: grave of hearts.7830

grave of hearts.7830

Yes we do already know you play an engineer,with a large discomfort over the dmg output of your engi and the poor choice of blasting people trying to communicate with you ingame when they are on opposite team.
That aside is good to see some initiative to adress the issues.
So here is my question
Can we expect any wvw content update in the really near future?
We havent seen any news about wvw for quite a while now,and boredom is starting to settle in.

SoS Defence and Emergency commander
If you see a gear above my head……run
If you see me Offline,its totaly not a trap

Missing Communication

in WvW

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Incoming community mailbox cookies spam in 5….4….3…

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

Missing Communication

in WvW

Posted by: clint.5681

clint.5681

soo your now the pvp and wvw community coordinator while being apart of the balance team. I feel like you are getting stretched too thin buddy

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior
[url=https://] [/url]

Missing Communication

in WvW

Posted by: Drakh.3128

Drakh.3128

aaaand he’s gone.

- Drakh (BT)
- Blackgate

Missing Communication

in WvW

Posted by: Ghanto.9784

Ghanto.9784

Well, no offense to Josh, but he said he prefers to roam, so I’m not filled with confidence that he’s the best guy for the job when it comes to WvW on the whole. Of course I realize that he didn’t say that’s ALL he does, just that it’s his preference, but it’s got me a little worried. Roaming isn’t really what the whole wvw experience is supposed to be about, in my opinion. Not implying that it’s “wrong” somehow and that people shouldn’t do what they enjoy, but you’re not really going to have a good perspective on class and server balance issues if that’s what you primarily spend your time doing in wvw. That’s all I’m saying.

Missing Communication

in WvW

Posted by: Josh Davis.6015

Previous

Josh Davis.6015

Next

aaaand he’s gone.

Not quite!

I’m still getting acclimated to the WvW team, and most recently I’ve been working with the balance team on the livestream we’ll be running tomorrow. (Which you’ll of course be watching, right?)

Missing Communication

in WvW

Posted by: Viking Jorun.5413

Viking Jorun.5413

aaaand he’s gone.

Not quite!

I’m still getting acclimated to the WvW team, and most recently I’ve been working with the balance team on the livestream we’ll be running tomorrow. (Which you’ll of course be watching, right?)

The thief forum will be listening intently!

I like to think “changes to crit damage” don’t translate to nerfs like everyone assumes.. Please don’t prove me wrong :/

Missing Communication

in WvW

Posted by: SoPP.7034

SoPP.7034

I’m not filled with confidence that he’s the best guy for the job when it comes to WvW on the whole.

If you’d seen Sacrx’s NDA leak and been given insight into the relations between the PvP and WvW teams you’d have even less confidence.

A warrior, a guardian, and an elementalist walk into an open field…
The Warrior turns to the guardian and says, “Did you hear something?”
Guardian replies, “No, but how’d the elementalist die?”

Missing Communication

in WvW

Posted by: zen.6091

zen.6091

Sweet, a new person to make one token post a month promising this and that, and then disappear.

Missing Communication

in WvW

Posted by: McWolfy.5924

McWolfy.5924

(>O.o)><(^^)><(--<)

WSR→Piken→Deso→Piken→FSP→Deso
Just the WvW
R3200+

Missing Communication

in WvW

Hule.8794

aaaand he’s gone.

Not quite!

what livestream?

Missing Communication

in WvW

Cactus.2710

aaaand he’s gone.

Not quite!

what livestream?

What balance team?

Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

Missing Communication

in WvW

Posted by: Bloodstealer.5978

Bloodstealer.5978

aaaand he’s gone.

Not quite!

There is a WvW balance team?.. guessing they all play Warriors then… on a stacked server!

Missing Communication

in WvW

Posted by: clint.5681

clint.5681

aaaand he’s gone.

Not quite!

There is a WvW balance team?.. guessing they all play Warriors then… on a stacked server!

He said he is on the balance team, he never said their was a wvw specific one. Reading is hard.

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior
[url=https://] [/url]

Missing Communication

in WvW

Posted by: katniss.6735

katniss.6735

Does Josh even lift?

Server: Maguuma – Leafy Lass – Elementalist (WvW)
Guild: Bill Murray [Bill]/ [DERP]
twitch.tv/mlgw2

Missing Communication

in WvW

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

aaaand he’s gone.

Not quite!

kitten right I will be watching it.

Missing Communication

in WvW

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

Great to see more people working on WvW!!! It certainly could use the attention

I’ll have to hunt you down on my eng if TC ever faces JQ again >: )

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

(edited by Aberrant.6749)

Missing Communication

in WvW

Posted by: King Amadaeus.8619

King Amadaeus.8619

Hi glad to have you onboard sir, I play on Mags, I like to roam and I will crush you bro.

Mag Server Leader

Missing Communication

in WvW

Posted by: LoneWolfie.1852

LoneWolfie.1852

Please kill all devs players on sight in wvw. After screwing up the wvw rewards and the cause of a terrible WvW season, I have no reason to believe anything the devs do will improve the scene.

I have not forgotten a certain dev writing certain words in-game in regards to GvG.

Missing Communication

in WvW

Posted by: Silent Shino.7239

Silent Shino.7239

aaaand he’s gone.

Not quite!

Are you planning to go to EU anytime, it would be great to see an Anet roamer on an EU server

Shino: Guardian of the Glade
Aurora Glade EU [JUST] roamer
All is vain: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/gf-left-me-coz-of-ladderboard/first

(edited by Silent Shino.7239)

Missing Communication

in WvW

Posted by: Avatar of Belle.9623

WTB matchup with JQ to roam against Josh.

I’m delighted you’re a roamer on the wvw team. It’s great to have someone on the roamer’s side.

Threnody of Belle – Necromancer and PvE Carebear (24,500 achievement points)
Maguuma
#allisvain

(edited by Avatar of Belle.9623)

Missing Communication

in WvW

Posted by: Samhayn.2385

Samhayn.2385

Well, no offense to Josh, but he said he prefers to roam, so I’m not filled with confidence that he’s the best guy for the job when it comes to WvW on the whole. Of course I realize that he didn’t say that’s ALL he does, just that it’s his preference, but it’s got me a little worried. Roaming isn’t really what the whole wvw experience is supposed to be about, in my opinion. Not implying that it’s “wrong” somehow and that people shouldn’t do what they enjoy, but you’re not really going to have a good perspective on class and server balance issues if that’s what you primarily spend your time doing in wvw. That’s all I’m saying.

he also said he is a liason, not the balance guy. I roam and can still tell you the meta is pvt hammer train and Condi bunker.

It was 2 vs 20 but its ok we got’em both!