Missing the orbs in the BL's

in WvW

Posted by: juicifruitz.6251

juicifruitz.6251

Q:

Are others missing the ORBs as a focal point for WvW?

That is my question, forget the hacking as we all lothed that. Forget the buff they provided, they were just wrong. But I am missing the orbs as a focal point in WvW, with out them I am finding it’s become even more so of a zerg fest for WvW.

I am just finding WvWvW is just missing that something the orbs provided for me.

in WvW

Posted by: Krosan.2890

Krosan.2890

Whatever it did provide doesn’t weigh up to autolosing if people have 3 orbs, orbs getting hacked, etc

in WvW

Posted by: Xandax.1753

Xandax.1753

I’m not. Can’t speak for others.
WvW was a zerg fest to begin with … if you let it. I find nothing has changed except fewer exploiters and less complains.

in WvW

Posted by: Knasher.5607

Knasher.5607

I miss them, I think there is a lot less of an emphasis on good defense when the maps aren’t full now that they are gone. Especially when the choice is between defending a single keep on one map or potentially easily taking a couple of keeps and towers on another.

(edited by Knasher.5607)

in WvW

Posted by: Ireniicus.2167

Ireniicus.2167

Yes I am missing them as it makes the game more bland

in WvW

Posted by: tarnin.1690

tarnin.1690

Much more bland now. No reason to upgrade stuff after the weekend. You will make more karma if you take towers/keeps/garrisons as fast as possible, and leave it with no upgrade and just back take it later for more karma. Really, why upgrade when there is nothing to protect than the number ticking which really only matters for the top 3/4 servers.

in WvW

Posted by: ComeAndSee.1356

ComeAndSee.1356

That 15% boost in health was a very noticeable survivability increase and I miss it.

Sha Nari – 80 Guardian (http://bit.ly/12RNvtK)
Lorella Windrunner – 80 Thief
Shayera Nightfall – 80 Mesmer

in WvW

Posted by: Klawlyt.6507

Klawlyt.6507

Glad they’re gone. They encourage rich-get-richer gameplay (plus the whole hacking thing). I haven’t found my drive to take/defend keeps diminished at all. I’m still motivated by getting as many waypoints out as possible.

The possibility of physical and mental collapse is now very real.
No sympathy for the Devil, keep that in mind.
Buy the ticket, take the ride.

in WvW

Posted by: Bsquared.3421

Bsquared.3421

As long as orb-hacking is prevalent, I don’t miss the orbs.

If they can ever get that fixed, I’d like to see them return, but rather than providing stat buffs (to the already winning team, solidifying their lead even more) I’d prefer if they came up with alternate buffs. Examples might include, you can carry 2 more supply for every orb your team has, 5-10% gold price cut on keep upgrades for each orb, etc. The team could build/upgrade faster, but wouldn’t become nigh unkillable players (like when they had 3 orbs before).

Nerfedname – Elementalist
Legion of Anvil Rock [XXIV] – Anvil Rock

in WvW

Posted by: Halo.8976

Halo.8976

Having best match so far.
K those orbs.

in WvW

Posted by: GavinGoodrich.1382

GavinGoodrich.1382

Enjoying the orbs being gone. Will be glad when it’s back and less hack-able, but for now, it’s making the matches a lot more even and exciting!

NomNomNomNomNom
Resident Zerg Idiot
Isle of Janthir