Mistforged Hero Weapon Unattainable for some

in WvW

Posted by: Retsuko.2035

Retsuko.2035

I think it’s a VERY bad move by Anet to put the price (300 tokens) of mistforged hero weapons as high as that. Only the servers placing 5th or higher can get the weapon, while those on the servers on 6th place and below won’t get enough tokens to buy it.

Surely it all depends on how well your server does, but seriously? any pve player getting the achievements can get the weapons, while the hardcore wvw player on the lower placed servers won’t? Excluding players from getting the skins, only motivates players to server hop to the bigger ones.

Retsu ~ Inner Monkey [IM] ~ Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: Hule.8794

Hule.8794

Please read the note. Some items will be obtainable by achivements. I guaess some of components will be in achivements so every one will be able to get mistforged hero weapon.
But only few servers will have the option to get 2 mistforged weapons.

in WvW

Posted by: XacTactX.6709

XacTactX.6709

Nvm I was mistaken.

Anet likely didn’t want to remove the armor stats entirely because…well,
we’ve all seen what happens in games where there’s no disadvantage to taking your pants off.

(edited by XacTactX.6709)

in WvW

Retsuko.2035

That’s only an assumption you’re making.

From the news post on gw2 site.

This is to allow players who don’t have enough tickets after 1 tournament to purchase a weapon and upgrade it after a subsequent tournament.

Meaning, either buy it with 300 tickets now, or spend some now on 1 item, and buy another in the next tournament to eventually get it as well.

It still motivates players to move over to the more stacked servers right now, simply because they don’t want to get the weapon after the 3rd tournament, but want it now.

in WvW

Posted by: Simonoly.4352

Simonoly.4352

You are correct yes. In some ways the scale of your reward will be serendipitous, in that if you happen to be on a server with the largest active WvW playerbase in your league/branch of the tournament you will get maximum rewards. It doesn’t matter if you all you did was qualify for the WvW reward chest and then never stepped back into WvW for the rest of the season – you will always get a better reward than say, a player in a dedicated WvW guild on a lower population server. This is why the current design of WvW is incompatible with a competitive reward based league/tournament.

Of course we have the tools available to us to pick out which servers will be victorious in advance, so a few gem purchases later and serendipity is made redundant. If you want the best reward you should transfer to a stacked server.

Personally, I’m not interested in weapon skins and rewards, but I am looking forward to having lots of new people to murder

Gandara

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

These kind of rewards are kind of bad. Anet need to learn how to reward players. Not just give same rewards for everybody. Hate this kitten how they try keep every casual player happy. More you contribute better rewards you get. It’s basic stuff.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

(edited by Junkpile.7439)

in WvW

Posted by: Dayra.7405

Dayra.7405

These kind of rewards are kind of bad. Anet need to learn how to reward players. Not just give same rewards for everybody. Hate this kitten how they try keep every casual player happy. More you contribute better rewards you get. It’s basic stuff.

What’s SFR’s contribution? Emptying other servers for a better reward?

Great! That really needs a very special reward

Ceterum censeo SFR esse delendam!

in WvW

Posted by: keadlaw.6350

keadlaw.6350

Do the people making these decisions even play wvw?!

in WvW

Dayra.7405

If they do, then very unlikely for rewards I guess.

“Spawn me reward XYZ I need to test it” is a not unlikely way to get it if you are in the developer team

in WvW

Posted by: blakdoxa.7520

blakdoxa.7520

Should know by now this was a move to keep the PvE players preoccupied for the duration of season 2, while Anet somehow scraps up “content” for “the next big thing.” Now we have a lot of PvE-only players invading WvW chasing a carrot on a stick that aren’t even the least bit concerned about WvW at all.

Devona’s Rest

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Well i think that every server some players contribute more than others. I haven’t been normal www maps since EotM launch more than couple times. I can’t figure out why i would get www season rewards. I want karma trainer exterminator weapon tickets.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in WvW

Posted by: Peetee.9406

Peetee.9406

It still motivates players to move over to the more stacked servers right now, simply because they don’t want to get the weapon after the 3rd tournament, but want it now.

That’s the point.

They want you to stack. They want you to transfer. They want your money.

If it was about building a better game, we’d have account bound WXP by now. But we don’t have it because it doesn’t make them money. Money money money money money…..

Kayku
[CDS] Caedas
Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

Dayra.7405

Well i think that every server some players contribute more than others. I haven’t been normal www maps since EotM launch more than couple times. I can’t figure out why i would get www season rewards. I want karma trainer exterminator weapon tickets.

Exactly so rewards should be according to players contribution and not according “I bought a transfer to the winning server”.

Give the top 1000 players the max reward points, the next 1000 the second most, and so on.

And how are players ranked? Easy: “How much WEXP is earned during the league”,

So the only thing missing: Add a wexp earned in league ranking to the leaderbord.
https://leaderboards.guildwars2.com/

in WvW

Posted by: Khanswrath.1032

Khanswrath.1032

Ranking players based on wexp earned is a horrible idea. All we need in WvW is more individuals caring about wexp/karma farming. This game needs less rankings and not more. It still kills me people get so bent out of shape of how others play this game and don’t focus on their own fun. People clamored for more rewards and for rankings to mean something in WvW and Anet gives them. Now the playerbase gets upset the rewards aren’t fair. Kitten if they do and kitten if they don’t.

Khanswrath-80 Thief [ODN]
“Do not argue with an idiot.
He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience. "

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

That’s the point.

If it was about building a better game, we’d have account bound WXP by now. But we don’t have it because it doesn’t make them money. Money money money money money…..

Ding, we got a winner!

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Posted by: mrstealth.6701

mrstealth.6701

That’s the point.

That is exactly the problem. This tournament reward system and the decision to have this special pre-tournament pricing (800 gem cheap ticket into max rewards in bronze league) only reinforces my opinion that wvw is viewed as a vehicle to encourage gem sales through world transfers.

They claim to want to balance population/coverage, and are even adjusting the pricing on transfers to a better system (after the tournament starts). But the server-based rewards, pre-tournament sale, and ability to change server during the tournament causes many times more damage than that single good move fixes. I just can’t believe that they do really want to fix the problems, when all they will do is offer a token “fix” along side so many decisions that are obviously bad for wvw.

Footsteps Of War [FoW] | Yak’s Bend
Seer Of The Divine | Sarina Starlight | Tireasa | Caedyra

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

One of two things is true. Anet sets up a system that makes them money and then the purposefully subject us to said system or they are oblivious to the balance issues between server matches.

I have to say only an idiot creates an unbalanced competition then rewards participants based on said unbalanced competition. So either ANet is completely idiotic in this regard or diabolical. Hate to say it but I am leaning toward the idiotic side. As a developer I have cut them a tremendous amount of slack in the past but the first season of leagues was a horrible implementation and the second looks worse.

I really wish I liked ESO.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

mrstealth.6701

One of two things is true. Anet sets up a system that makes them money and then the purposefully subject us to said system or they are oblivious to the balance issues between server matches.

I have to say only an idiot creates an unbalanced competition then rewards participants based on said unbalanced competition. So either ANet is completely idiotic in this regard or diabolical. Hate to say it but I am leaning toward the idiotic side. As a developer I have cut them a tremendous amount of slack in the past but the first season of leagues was a horrible implementation and the second looks worse.

I really wish I liked ESO.

I’m leaning the other way. I could buy incompetence for season one, but to repeat the same mistakes again for the spring tournament takes an entirely new degree of incompetence. And this tournament even has new bad ideas on top of the old ones, that make it even worse…yet more profitable.

Incompetence just doesn’t explain it at this point. I see malice. They’ve acknowledged the balance/population/coverage issues, and claim to want to fix them. But their actions are doing the opposite.

in WvW

Posted by: Kvothe.1467

Kvothe.1467

Guys, remember when they didn’t shove random crap down your throat on a weekly basis, but worked on a bigger project for the better part of a year or two, and then released it all at once as an expansion? Good times…

I feel emotions when I think about you.

in WvW

Posted by: keadlaw.6350

keadlaw.6350

Would we not have been better off with with the skins and maybe ascended weapons/armor being added to wvw without the season? They don’t need to make them easy to get could lock them behind min wxp ranks. All this has done is stack the servers harder making competition more unbalanced.

in WvW

Retsuko.2035

You got a point…

And it’s been so long ago that anet told us we’d get account bound wxp, I totally forgot about it.

in WvW

Posted by: Preyar.6783

Preyar.6783

“Mistforged Hero’s weapons can either be purchased directly for tickets or crafted in the Mystic Forge with one Hero’s Weapon, one Gift of Heroes, four bottles of Elonian Wine, and ten Piles of Crystalline Dust.”
Really guys? If you read closely at the reward prices, you’ll see that you can buy the Gift of Heroes for 200 tickets OR 250 badges of honor. So you only have to spend 100 tickets to get one weapon if you buy it with badges, meaning everyone can get 2 weapons.

Wondrous Achiever \o/

in WvW

Posted by: Otokomae.9356

Otokomae.9356

^^
Even the last place server will have the ability to craft 2 Mistforged Heroes weapons if they really want them.

Bakuon/Bakuon Thief [MAS]/ ex-[ATac]

in WvW

Posted by: Becka Williams.4978

Becka Williams.4978

“Mistforged Hero’s weapons can either be purchased directly for tickets or crafted in the Mystic Forge with one Hero’s Weapon, one Gift of Heroes, four bottles of Elonian Wine, and ten Piles of Crystalline Dust.”
Really guys? If you read closely at the reward prices, you’ll see that you can buy the Gift of Heroes for 200 tickets OR 250 badges of honor. So you only have to spend 100 tickets to get one weapon if you buy it with badges, meaning everyone can get 2 weapons.

It’s possible it costs 200 tickets AND 250 badges. We won’t know till the vendor comes out.

in WvW

mrstealth.6701

It’s possible it costs 200 tickets AND 250 badges. We won’t know till the vendor comes out.

I think it will take tickets and badges.

This is to allow players who don’t have enough tickets after 1 tournament to purchase a weapon and upgrade it after a subsequent tournament.

That gave me the impression that they don’t intend for the lower placing servers to be able to buy Mistforged weapons after this tournament.

I don’t think anyone would straight up buy a weapon for 300 tickets, when you could spend 100 tickets + 250 easy to get badges, and some other easy to get materials.

(edited by mrstealth.6701)

in WvW

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

Was searching for old threads about “Gift of Heroes”.

I wonder if it is 200 tickets AND 250 badges or 200 tickets OR 250 badges.
Looking at the WvW tourny reward, the lowest ranked server will receive 200 tickets, in that case, if is AND then any server below 5th rank will not be able to craft the exotic hero weapons.

The focus skin looks really nice.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

in WvW

Posted by: ykyk.2740

ykyk.2740

It’s really as simple as it gets. People transferring servers is GOOD for Anet. With guesting and now megaservers, PvE-ers have really REALLY little incentive to transfer around. Most of their server transfer gem income are coming from WvWers. There is no reason they will make a system that doesn’t encourage people to transfer.

WvW is the one game mode where it benefits Anet to make it as difficult for us as possible, and it’s amazing people still don’t realize it after close to 2 years.

in WvW

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

Was searching for old threads about “Gift of Heroes”.

I wonder if it is 200 tickets AND 250 badges or 200 tickets OR 250 badges.
Looking at the WvW tourny reward, the lowest ranked server will receive 200 tickets, in that case, if is AND then any server below 5th rank will not be able to craft the exotic hero weapons.

The focus skin looks really nice.

I can pretty much promise you it will be 200 tickets AND 250 badges.

Otherwise tickets would be pretty devalued and the cost for the mistforged would make no sense at all.

Just imagine. Iirc the mistforged was 300 tickets, and the non-mistforged is 100.

If i could upgrade non-mistforged to mistforged for just 250 badges, why would i EVER buy mistforged directly?
I could spend 300 badges getting 1 mistforged weapon. Or i could buy 3 non-mistforged weapons and upgrade them with 750 badges (which everyone has thousands of) and end up with 3 mistforged weapons.

(edited by Terrahero.9358)

in WvW

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

^^ I think everyone has almost more than 4000 badges easy by now

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

^^ I think everyone has almost more than 4000 badges easy by now

I don’t… Because I buy siege with it…

But I might still have around 1k.

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing