Mists not in Tyria WvW not World Completion

in WvW

Posted by: Sir Arthur.8905

Sir Arthur.8905

1.WvW takes place in the mists. much like Heart of the mists, and Edge of the mists, it is NOT a part of the Tyrian continent and therefore has no reason lore-wise to be included in World Completion any more than Heart of the mists has.

2. Doing the EXACT same map three times is boring and stupid, and utterly pointless.

3.Enemy teams stopping you from reaching your poi’s makes you HATE other players, and goes against the core concept of not having your progression impeded by others. Whether waiting for allies to go for what you need, being killed or repelled by enemies, or waiting to change colors, ALL of it is waiting to have fun, and none of it is up to you.

4.Dilutes the purpose of WvW. There is no reason to tie in WvW in making a legendary, just like there was no need to include sPvP. If anything, the Gift of Battle already accomplishes that.

5.World Completion should be a PvE task. There are many things to see, people to talk to, and events to do in PvE. There are no npc’s or events in wvw other than the generic guards/lords, defend/take. In other words, there is really nothing to see in WvW other than WvW fighting itself. Visiting generic camps, and outposts with no history or relevance to the world is boring and unengaging.

6.There are no hearts in WvW, and no hearts in Drytop or Southsun. Adding the new areas that aren’t currently included in World Complete would compensate for the Poi’s, Vistas, and WP’s that would no longer be included from WvW. If borderlands are considered only ONE map repeated THREE times, the Poi/vista/wp count would end up being an equal trade.

7.PvE tyria is big enough on it’s own to cover World Completion, including WvW just doesn’t seem reasonable anymore. Maybe there is something I am overlooking, but I see no purpose for it. I am sure it would take work to change, but I think the amount of work would be incredibly small in comparison to the satisfaction the community would get.

in WvW

Posted by: Dayra.7405

Dayra.7405

5.World Completion should be a PvE task.

Why should legendary making include PvE? (Ignoring for a moment that WvW is PvE in ANets so far view.)
Make it a WvW only task! WVW is the most effective Gold-sink in the game. Therefore it would make more sense to depend the most effektive Gold-collection task of the game more on WvW than on PvE.

Ceterum censeo SFR esse delendam!

(edited by Dayra.7405)

in WvW

Posted by: warriorjrd.8695

warriorjrd.8695

lol, sounds like somebody can’t get his final vista
Seriously though, if you think you’re the first PvE bad to complain about wvw world comp you’re wrong, nothing is going to change, legendaries are supposed to be hard to get, so stop crying and get back into wvw and get that POI!

I believe in you!

It is not what you do, but how and why you do it that counts.

in WvW

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

Count me as one who went to wvw for completion and never left. The one thing I do think is odd is the lack of variation of pois / vistas on 3 maps that are the same. Why not move them around a bit?

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

in WvW

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

Its to encourage players to go to wvw, I agree though they should make it easier for players to be able to map, basically just rotating colors every week would make a huge difference. Ive known people that havent been able to finish world completion because of one vista for weeks, even months, simply because the colors dont change. Thats just ridiculous.

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<

in WvW

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

My suggestion to make both sides happy.

You currently get 2 Gifts of Exploration for Map Completion. Split Map Completion so there is now “Map Completion: Tyria” and “Map Completion: The Mists”. Completing map exploration for PvE gets you 1 Gift of Exploration. Completing map exploration for WvW gets you another 1 Gift of Exploration.

Problem solved. Those who don’t want to WvW for their Legendary don’t have to do so. Those who don’t want to PvE for their Legendary can stick to WvW/PvP.

in WvW

Sir Arthur.8905

You currently get 2 Gifts of Exploration for Map Completion. Split Map Completion so there is now “Map Completion: Tyria” and “Map Completion: The Mists”. Completing map exploration for PvE gets you 1 Gift of Exploration. Completing map exploration for WvW gets you another 1 Gift of Exploration.

Problem solved. Those who don’t want to WvW for their Legendary don’t have to do so. Those who don’t want to PvE for their Legendary can stick to WvW/PvP.

that sounds awesome, I would totally take that deal

in WvW

Sir Arthur.8905

Seriously though, if you think you’re the first PvE bad to complain about wvw world comp you’re wrong, nothing is going to change, legendaries are supposed to be hard to get, so stop crying and get back into wvw and get that POI!

I believe in you!

lol it isn’t that, I started ahead of time with wvw mapping because I remember waiting forever the last time. This isn’t hard, it is just tedious, and really really boring. <3

in WvW

Sir Arthur.8905

Its to encourage players to go to wvw, I agree though they should make it easier for players to be able to map, basically just rotating colors every week would make a huge difference. Ive known people that havent been able to finish world completion because of one vista for weeks, even months, simply because the colors dont change. Thats just ridiculous.

I get that is what they are trying to do, but really, the people who come for mapping, aren’t WvWing. It puts me in WvW, but it doesn’t get me participating. I think the two goals end up conflicting more than anything. When I go to WvW to play, it is fun, but when I’m there mapping, I can’t do what I should be doing to benefit my server, or enjoy the gametype. Then when you finish mapping it, you are so burnt out that it makes you not feel like going back for a while :\

Then from the perspective of someone just there to play WvW, you have a bunch of randoms that aren’t there to help, they are just mapping. Granted, sometimes it will add a person or two for taking the one tower they need, but more often than not, they are busy running across map, to places that are irrelevant like the skill challenges/vistas near camps.

If they want to encourage ppl to WvW, I feel like the activity should be something different than mapping. Maybe a certain number of keeps/towers/camps captured, or cap/defense of SMC. I feel like THAT is participation. Not mapping. Gift of Battle should be more than just a number of tokens/rank, or it should be more difficult to compensate, and leave mapping to PvE maps.

That said, weekly color change would still shut me up :-p

in WvW

Sir Arthur.8905

5.World Completion should be a PvE task.

Why should legendary making include PvE? (Ignoring for a moment that WvW is PvE in ANets so far view.)
Make it a WvW only task! WVW is the most effective Gold-sink in the game. Therefore it would make more sense to depend the most effektive Gold-collection task of the game more on WvW than on PvE.

I don’t fully understand what you are saying, if you are serious, can you maybe explain what you mean a bit more? I only mean that World Completion or Mapping should be a PvE task. I do NOT mean that Legendary making in general should be PvE only. There is no reason that WvW should not play a part in making one, I just feel that Map Completion is the wrong task to show WvW participation. You can do WvW 24/7 for weeks and never go to certain places on the map. You can map the entire mists and barely fight or help in any way. I just think there has to be a much better qualifier for WvW Legendary components.

in WvW

Sir Arthur.8905

Count me as one who went to wvw for completion and never left. The one thing I do think is odd is the lack of variation of pois / vistas on 3 maps that are the same. Why not move them around a bit?

Yea, I know that the names and starting points are different, but if they only required home borderlands map and EB it would be more reasonable.

in WvW

Sir Arthur.8905

ITT: PvE player crying.

Shh. Grownups are talking. <3 <3 <3

(edited by Sir Arthur.8905)

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

2. Doing the EXACT same map three times is boring and stupid, and utterly pointless.

Funny, that’s what I said about the 8th time completing Queensdale.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in WvW

Sir Arthur.8905

Funny, that’s what I said about the 8th time in Queensdale.

lol! just imagine, if queensdale was borderlands, you would be up to 24 times

in WvW

Posted by: Valik Shin.9027

Valik Shin.9027

I can I just point out that getting the gift of battle is a joke. 1 day in eotm will get it and that’s not even really wvw

Valik Shin
Darkwood Legion [DARK]
Yak’s Bend

in WvW

Posted by: Dasenthal.6520

Dasenthal.6520

But map completion in general is kind of boring… To Chaba’s point, I have 90+% map on 2 characters because it was a fast way to level but dang if I wasn’t ecstatic the last time I finished queensdale.
Seriously though, have you really done everything for your legendary (or do you think you will) while enjoying every second of it? If the LI’s were fun to get (functionally fun, not this dungeon is awesome I’m glad I have to do it 30 more times fun) everyone with over 400 hours in game would have at least one. Then the value of it would be diminished and no one would care, so if you want the awesome weapon then you gotta “trudge through the sludge” to get it.

“A conquered people will always resist you,
Edair. But allies-allies will fight by your side”~Cobiah Mariner

in WvW

Sir Arthur.8905

I can I just point out that getting the gift of battle is a joke. 1 day in eotm will get it and that’s not even really wvw

lol yes! I think if they made gift of battle more relevant and difficult, they wouldn’t need to include mapping to have wvw be included in legendary making.

in WvW

Sir Arthur.8905

But map completion in general is kind of boring… To Chaba’s point, I have 90+% map on 2 characters because it was a fast way to level but dang if I wasn’t ecstatic the last time I finished queensdale.
Seriously though, have you really done everything for your legendary (or do you think you will) while enjoying every second of it? If the LI’s were fun to get (functionally fun, not this dungeon is awesome I’m glad I have to do it 30 more times fun) everyone with over 400 hours in game would have at least one. Then the value of it would be diminished and no one would care, so if you want the awesome weapon then you gotta “trudge through the sludge” to get it.

You make a very, very valid point. When I look at it that way, it causes about the same level of irritation as anything else lol.

My point isn’t that it should be easier or shorter, there would definitely need to be something difficult to take it’s place in WvW, but it should be something more suited to the game type.

in WvW

Posted by: Dasenthal.6520

Dasenthal.6520

Yea, on that it certainly would be a better system if it wasn’t just map roaming and “PvP”.

“PvP” referring to the joke we call gift of battle.

“A conquered people will always resist you,
Edair. But allies-allies will fight by your side”~Cobiah Mariner

in WvW

Posted by: storiessave.3807

storiessave.3807

And yet WvW players that despite PvE have to deal with endless, boring hearts in PvE maps to get map completion.

Pretty fair, I’d say.

Tarnished Coast

Catorii | Lustre Delacroix | Catorii Desmarais | Synalie

in WvW

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

I believe in you!

lol it isn’t that, I started ahead of time with wvw mapping because I remember waiting forever the last time. This isn’t hard, it is just tedious, and really really boring. <3

I felt the exact same way with having to run CoF so many times over and over. Or doing all the heart events.
I want pve world completion removed instead.

And if WvW is “technically the mists”, please let mobs there drop ascended fractals materials, and fractals weapons, etcetc. Cause, you know, “its the mists”.

in WvW

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

Quite possibly the best idea I’ve heard on the subject.

in WvW

Posted by: Virtute.8251

Virtute.8251

Unintended consequence: The Mists Gift of Exploration is unreasonably easier to get (within one day or less) on many servers that enjoy consistent wins. Those servers’ members then receive a disproportionate number of those Gifts across all of their characters.

So: Nope.

Inb4 “they still get that benefit on always-winning servers.” No… those people still have to go complete all the PvE maps: even when they don’t want to, and just like you don’t want to help them in WvW.

Beside which, every time this thread comes up, it’s always given as if Gift of Exploration is the hardest part of Legendary Crafting. It isn’t, and especially so for WvW players.

Legendary PvF Keep Lord Anvu Pansu Senpai
RvR isn’t “endgame”, it’s the only game. Cu in CU.

(edited by Virtute.8251)

in WvW

Posted by: Zepher.7803

Zepher.7803

I can’t read all of the stuff above, but how many new players realize the wvw buffs affect pve? I mean they do make a difference even if ya don’t care about wvw.

Sincerly, Me.

in WvW

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

Unintended consequence: The Mists Gift of Exploration is unreasonably easier to get (within one day or less) on many servers that enjoy consistent wins. Those servers’ members then receive a disproportionate number of those Gifts across all of their characters.

Inb4 “they still get that benefit on always-winning servers.” No… those people still have to go complete all the PvE maps: even when they don’t want to, and just like you don’t want to help them in WvW.

Beside which, every time this thread comes up, it’s always given as if Gift of Exploration is the hardest part of Legendary Crafting. It isn’t, and especially so for WvW players.

. . . what do you mean “don’t want to help them in WvW”? Certain things are simply tough to do in WvW and you can bang your head on it for a while. You need the cooperation of a bunch of people to get an enemy garrison for example.

The suggestion gives PVEers a way to avoid that whole WvW issue. And gives WvWers the option to avoid the PVE hearts and what not. Sounds like a total win. Even if some get it easier because their server dominates in WvW it’s not a big deal grats to them.

in WvW

Posted by: Lytalm.5673

Lytalm.5673

I’d prefer if we had specific legendary for PvE (actual one), WvW and PvP. Everyone would be happy.

Les Pirates du Styx [xQcx]
Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Sir Arthur.8905

And yet WvW players that despite PvE have to deal with endless, boring hearts in PvE maps to get map completion.

Pretty fair, I’d say.

I get what you mean, and I agree, boredom is relative, so as far as tedium, it is similar. The difference is that you will never wait days, or weeks to reach a particular poi or complete a heart. Nothing, especially other players, will impede you from reaching your goal, it is 100% up to you.

Im not saying it is a problem of being in WvW the same amount, I just think it should be about actually playing WvW. As a WvW player, do you feel that map complete and Gift of Battle is a fair representation of having completed, or mastered WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: Quick Mouse.7635

Quick Mouse.7635

BeatingADeadHorse.gif

Tactical Fury [TF] – Late NA/early OCX driver (SoS)
Spirit of Faith [HOPE] – RIP

in WvW

Sir Arthur.8905

That is a valid possibility, but very conditional. You can solo the PvE map completion. As you have stated, you would have to be on a particular server, and help/ be helped to easily complete it.

So no matter what server you are on, PvE completion is the same, regardless of tedium or desire to participate, it is fully up to you. WvW completion is different depending on what server, timezone, current matchup, current color, and in general other players. Regardless of its tedium or my desire to participate, I may or may not be able to get particular points for days or weeks.

Gift of Exploration may or may not be the most difficult part of legendary, depending on many conditions, I don’t think it is difficult, just misplaced in WvW.

Do you think maybe if it was unfogging the map, and completing events in a particular area, it would be more similar? Similar to how hearts work, completing events in a particular area, killing guards or dolyaks, defending successfully, taking successfully, rezzing guards, defending dolyaks, repairing, building siege, depending on what camp/tower/garri you are near fills a progress bar or something for that area.

Maybe fully flipping that camp/tower/garri could auto fill the bar? Do you think this would work at all?

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Just give colours a 33.33% rng so colors rotating a bit more. It only affects EB as the borders are identical.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

BeatingADeadHorse.gif

Well there’s no point in having a dead horse if it doesn’t get beaten.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in WvW

Sir Arthur.8905

I believe in you!

I felt the exact same way with having to run CoF so many times over and over. Or doing all the heart events.
I want pve world completion removed instead.

And if WvW is “technically the mists”, please let mobs there drop ascended fractals materials, and fractals weapons, etcetc. Cause, you know, “its the mists”.

I get what you mean, but it is not exactly the same. You are talking about actually completing something repeatedly, like a grind. I wish I could just grind out a particular number of completed events or have to capture a particular number of camps/towers/garrisons! even if the number was absurdly high, at least it would be something I could actively work towards! I also feel like that would be more beneficial to my server.

WvW Gift of Battle should be worked on and added to, so that it is just as difficult or involved as the other components. I am not saying legendary making should be solely pve, just the mapping portion. I don’t want days-weeks of waiting to get a particular point, I want weeks of flipping areas, defending areas, killing, upgrading, sieging etc. maybe have successful events count. If I were able to flip the same tower or garrison over and over it would be just like PvE and even if it was tedious, I would be ok with it, because it would be up to me to progress. Does that make sense?

Also, not sure if you are kidding, but I actually do agree that WvW drops should include the ascended mats like mist globs etc. Fractal weaps I would leave for fractals, but all the “mists” materials would make sense to drop here

in WvW

Sir Arthur.8905

Just give colours a 33.33% rng so colors rotating a bit more. It only affects EB as the borders are identical.

Yea, something like that would be cool, I guess it is difficult to ensure color changes because the matchups could change, but if it was random, it would at least change positions of everyone, and if the match up stays the same and only your enemies swap colors, at least they play differently, and your chances to capture those points would change! Maybe the server you were rolling ends up the color of the one that was rolling your server.

I like this idea, is there anything that could be negative from this change?

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Yea, something like that would be cool, I guess it is difficult to ensure color changes because the matchups could change, but if it was random, it would at least change positions of everyone, and if the match up stays the same and only your enemies swap colors, at least they play differently, and your chances to capture those points would change! Maybe the server you were rolling ends up the color of the one that was rolling your server.

I like this idea, is there anything that could be negative from this change?

Only a few benefits in EB like you can treb SM from red keep but not from blue/green keep and probly some other ones. Borderlands its just the same beside a different spawn location.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Sir Arthur.8905

To all those who mocked me, and to the “dead” horse being beaten.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/changes-to-world-completion/

And to Anet, THANK YOU!!!!!!!!

in WvW

Posted by: Kaos.9162

Kaos.9162

in WvW

Sir Arthur.8905

Had no idea that was even a thing. Glad you are here to hall monitor.