Mmmm, still wish I could Glide

in WvW

Posted by: Fiddle Irk.9710

Fiddle Irk.9710

Well, it’s been said before but, by golly wouldn’t it be fun for HoT purchasers to be able to glide in the Desert BLs? Air Shrine buffs are great! don’t get me wrong but, I want to be able to roam the Desert BLs with gliding, JUST LIKE PVE. Honestly, I like the Desert Bl but every 5 minutes I find myself saying " Man I wish I could Glide in WvW on this map"

It’s been Asked for a few times but all we can do is persist until they listen.

in WvW

Posted by: Kanebrake.6192

Kanebrake.6192

“gliding, JUST LIKE PVE. "

That’s pretty much a complete turn off for me. shrug

BG

in WvW

Posted by: Sviel.7493

Sviel.7493

Maybe the airkeep buff would allow gliding in that area? It has the highest cliffs anyway and, since fall damage is already negated, wouldn’t be too much of a pain to balance.

in WvW

Posted by: Sviel.7493

Sviel.7493

Maybe the airkeep buff would allow gliding in that area? It has the highest cliffs anyway and, since fall damage is already negated, wouldn’t be too much of a pain to balance.

in WvW

Posted by: Chase.2798

Chase.2798

Gliding would break wvw…could glude into towers and keeps

Big Papa Chase – Warrior and Guardian
Papa’s Lady Luck- Necro
(HELL)

in WvW

Posted by: FogLeg.9354

FogLeg.9354

Every day, after doing PvE stuff, I go to WvW and jump off the very first cliff… and fall to death. Every day… It just feels so natural to be able to glide, and WvW needs that too. Just like we needed autoloot.

in WvW

Posted by: Bloodwort MacFangho.4638

Bloodwort MacFangho.4638

Gliding would break wvw…could glude into towers and keeps

I’m pretty sure Anet could come up with some way to prevent gliders from exploiting that.. some form of barrier that would negate gliding near the walls.

I’m all for gliding in WvW as well.. it’s the one HoT mastery I’ve made an effort to build up out of them all. Just so much fun. Also … what’s the point of wings if you can’t actually make use of them?

Blood
(I have to know! In WvW, do Legendary NPCs drop Legendary loot?)

in WvW

FogLeg.9354

They already have no-fly zones at jumping puzzles, same system could be used to protect area around keeps and towers.

in WvW

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

Gliding has no place in wvw, what possible purpose would it serve. The map would have to be redesigned with no fly zones everywhere to prevent flying into or out of structures, so that leaves very little room. They would have to disable gliding in combat so people cant just fly away constantly, otherwise it would just ruin fighting completely and take away any strategic value terrain has. Ranged weapons would have an obvious advantage to hit anyone flying. Not everyone has HoT, so would they be locked out from gliding, what about different gliding tiers like in masteries would they apply, what about glider skins for non hot owners. None of this needs to tie up developer time and resources for wvw, better spent elsewhere. Basically gliding would be completely useless in wvw, and would really only be usable in spawn.

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<

in WvW

Posted by: Sich.7103

Sich.7103

no pve stuff in wvw, keep gliding outside wvw

in WvW

FogLeg.9354

Gliding has no place in wvw, what possible purpose would it serve. The map would have to be redesigned with no fly zones everywhere to prevent flying into or out of structures, so that leaves very little room. They would have to disable gliding in combat so people cant just fly away constantly, otherwise it would just ruin fighting completely and take away any strategic value terrain has. Ranged weapons would have an obvious advantage to hit anyone flying. Not everyone has HoT, so would they be locked out from gliding, what about different gliding tiers like in masteries would they apply, what about glider skins for non hot owners. None of this needs to tie up developer time and resources for wvw, better spent elsewhere. Basically gliding would be completely useless in wvw, and would really only be usable in spawn.

wow, you really are full of negativity

• Gliding has no place in wvw, what possible purpose would it serve.

It’s fun.

• The map would have to be redesigned with no fly zones everywhere to prevent flying into or out of structures, so that leaves very little room.

Plenty of room even when no-fly zones are protecting structures.

• They would have to disable gliding in combat so people cant just fly away constantly, otherwise it would just ruin fighting completely and take away any strategic value terrain has.

Yep. That is fine.

• Ranged weapons would have an obvious advantage to hit anyone flying.

If you are afraid being hit while flying, don’t glide, use your feet.

• Not everyone has HoT, so would they be locked out from gliding, what about different gliding tiers like in masteries would they apply, what about glider skins for non hot owners.

Since it is only to make moving around the map more fun, none of this matters. It will not affect combat, or score. Non-HoT people will simply have to walk faster.

• None of this needs to tie up developer time and resources for wvw, better spent elsewhere.

I am sure DBL maps were designed with gliding in mind already so there isn’t much to redesign.

• Basically gliding would be completely useless in wvw, and would really only be usable in spawn.

It would make WvW more fun, more interesting and bring smile on your face. Really, that’s the best a game can achieve.

in WvW

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

yeah sure and then with the amazing gliding mastery we will have invisible zergs gliding into keeps. no ty if u love gliding go to pve.

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Payne.3184

Payne.3184

You take away perfectly good BL’s, and replace them with a mess… that happens to be perfect for gliding… and then don’t give us gliding… Who’s brilliant idea was that?

in WvW

Posted by: Loosmaster.8263

Loosmaster.8263

At times I wouldn’t mind it being available in certain areas but I would place this way on the bottom of Anets priority list.

Tacktical Killers [TK]
We’re looking for players.
PM me here or ING.

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

What about set paths to glide on. You can only glide it when u touch a pole, jump down and you will glide automaticly to a set point. That way you cannot simply glide into towers/keeps.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Posted by: Shonex.5327

Shonex.5327

This would literally ruin WvW, imagine how majority of fights would be imbalanced and how non-HoTers would be at huge disadvantage, not to mention flying over the walls

Like people said, if you want gliders go to pve, WvW was in a bad place because PvE’ers support and request PvE stuff to be added to WvW…No offense to anyone, I do PvE from time to time too, but I just had to said the truth

Member of: Cute But Devilish Inside [CUTE]
Ring of Fire [EU]

in WvW

Posted by: Kayberz.5346

Kayberz.5346

The “flying over walls” is the dumbest most lazy response, its literally a non-issue, no fly zones already exist in jumping puzzles, its not hard to prevent abuse, the only legit argument is that non expansion owners would consistently be left stranded.

in WvW

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

wow, you really are full of negativity

• Gliding has no place in wvw, what possible purpose would it serve.

It’s fun.

• The map would have to be redesigned with no fly zones everywhere to prevent flying into or out of structures, so that leaves very little room.

Plenty of room even when no-fly zones are protecting structures.

• They would have to disable gliding in combat so people cant just fly away constantly, otherwise it would just ruin fighting completely and take away any strategic value terrain has.

Yep. That is fine.

• Ranged weapons would have an obvious advantage to hit anyone flying.

If you are afraid being hit while flying, don’t glide, use your feet.

• Not everyone has HoT, so would they be locked out from gliding, what about different gliding tiers like in masteries would they apply, what about glider skins for non hot owners.

Since it is only to make moving around the map more fun, none of this matters. It will not affect combat, or score. Non-HoT people will simply have to walk faster.

• None of this needs to tie up developer time and resources for wvw, better spent elsewhere.

I am sure DBL maps were designed with gliding in mind already so there isn’t much to redesign.

• Basically gliding would be completely useless in wvw, and would really only be usable in spawn.

It would make WvW more fun, more interesting and bring smile on your face. Really, that’s the best a game can achieve.

Nothing negative about thinking logically and practically.

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<

in WvW

Posted by: PabbyGaul.9682

PabbyGaul.9682

Glider fites on updrafts could be fun….use underwater-like skills….

in WvW

Posted by: Redfeather.6401

Redfeather.6401

Structures could have some kind of sharpshooter device/or NPC that shoot you out of the air if you are gliding. You’d see the crosshair similar to that which appears in HoT maps.