Mobs rezzing down characters.

in WvW

Posted by: Streamline.4085

Streamline.4085

My bro and I get chased by like 5 enemies. We duke it out with them, pretty much downed them all at least once. Killed like 2 in the end, I think. We would’ve killed them all, but in the fight there was also a pack of npc wolves.

Well we are both warriors, so while we are beating up these enemies we are killing these wolves. In a fight like that, theres no time for stupid executes on down characters. So up they go and down they go. Of course, we died in the end, only getting 2.

To ANET, Please take out down state, its so dumb. Its good for pve, but take it out of pvp. Or make it so these dumb random animals don’t rez people. Thanks!

in WvW

Posted by: Khovenost.7143

Khovenost.7143

Ewww… you’re really wrong.. what would you prefer, if you die you die?
I really like to have the chance to use the downed state to get back on my feet, you just need to know how to use it.

Lhun

Blackgate.

in WvW

Posted by: Pooka.3420

Pooka.3420

or we could eliminate PVE objects like MOB’s from PVP?

that sounds better

Highbeams(Druid) Pooka Pook(Ranger) – Yaks Bend

in WvW

Posted by: Goatjugsoup.8637

Goatjugsoup.8637

Nah I like downed state even if it is a pain when used against me, also I like how wvw is just 3 servers of players fighting in the world over capture points, taking out mobs would lessen that feeling of being in the same world and I don’t think that would be a positive thing

Most wanted in game additions: Beastiary, readable books

in WvW

Posted by: Azaruil.3406

Azaruil.3406

Don’t be silly. If you took out downed state in WvW, it would mean that you may actually die while in a zerg. How is that fair? If you’re in a zerg, then a lesser amount of enemies should have absolutely no chance at getting any kills. It’s only fair and balanced that way right? :/

Aza
“I smell like pomegranate.”

in WvW

Posted by: Dual.8953

Dual.8953

Streamline. You can look at this 2 ways. You can see how your enemies used the game’s systems to their advantage and learn from it adopting the tactic and taking advantage of it and perhaps formulating a counter to it, or you can complain about it and ask Anet to tailor the difficulty to you.

Now I ask you, which helps you become a better player?

Registered Altaholic
Part-time Kittenposter

in WvW

Posted by: Streamline.4085

Streamline.4085

I just want to destroy people. When they go down they should be dead. They lost. GG.

I wouldn’t mind dying and just dying. If they caught me off guard or outplayed me, kudos to them. I remember getting into a fun 1v1 with this really good ele. After it was all said and done and I was down on the ground it felt like I lost fair and square. Now I’m throwing stupid rocks at him, so he has to run and heal before coming back to execute me. Doesn’t lend anything to the fight. Just a waste of time. Now, say I had some teammates come and chase him away before he could execute me. Wow, I would feel sorry for the guy cuz he played good and is probably frustrated now because he didn’t get his kill credit. Just have me die die, can still get rez’d from defeated anyway.

Anyway, Its fair if everyone gets it. I don’t think anyone’s strategy is to actually go into down state to win a fight. Thats just sad.

And to the reply, enemies using it as a tactic. They weren’t. They were just dying and losing and there just happen to be stupid wolves around that were getting killed randomly from all the attacks going around.

Azaruil also makes a good point about small teams vs zerg. Just become a fight of who has the most population over skill.

Only valid reason I see down state not going out, is because of moves like Warbanner that rez downed players instantly. Would make those moves definitely worthless.