More small party roaming at lower tiers?

in WvW

Posted by: Libertine Lush.1320

Libertine Lush.1320

Hey guys,

I’ve seen a few comments in this sub-forum that some of the lower tier servers provide more opportunities for small party (say around 5 people) roaming WvW play—ignoring map objectives, just PvP.

I like to solo roam, but I’d also love to find people to roam with, so that I’m not always outnumbered—dying less often is also appealing. I’m in a middle tier server and I’ve yet to find anyone interested in small party roaming.

So for those who’ve actually had experiences in various tiers, do the lower tiers really offer a lot more opportunities for small party roaming or is the difference overstated, marginal?

Thanks.

in WvW

Posted by: Mayhem.1935

Mayhem.1935

Hey Lush, I’m in T6 on DH and it is pretty easy to roam solo, duo, or ikittenman. I almost exclusively do this unless my guild wants to bum rush something and needs ports/veil. In the past i was on DB, but T3 is massively zergy and unfun for my playstyle. DH moved up to T6, but before that was in T7 and both GoM & HoD had plenty of small group skirmishing.

Recently before reset in T6 we had a fight night with all 3 servers representing and it was really fun. I assume it will be a regular thing based on the success of the event (small scale, 1v1). Anyhow, yea.

-The Swindler-Mesmer —

in WvW

Posted by: Azaruil.3406

Azaruil.3406

I recently transferred from SoR (tier1) to HoD (tier 7) and the difference is immense. I generally run with guild-mates in 5-man groups and even though there are still zergs in tier 7, the zergs are smaller and there are less of them. I prefer coming across 10-15 enemies than blobs of 50-man zergs.

Aza
“I smell like pomegranate.”

in WvW

Posted by: Creepy Silent.9801

Creepy Silent.9801

I’m also in t6 and both DH and DR have roaming groups/guilds. Tier 5’s ehmry bay has some really good ones aswell. T6 has fewer zergs though during the weekday.

I would like to know if there are some in t7?

Anonymous Defender[AD][BSty]
Ehmry Bay
Tug Life

in WvW

Posted by: dunnberry.2964

dunnberry.2964

Oh NSP we have plenty of small man roaming guilds running around

Borlis Pass
Asuran Engineer (Lost)

in WvW

Posted by: Divrocks.5718

Divrocks.5718

Ehmry Bay and Devona’s Rest have fantastic roaming groups, I suggest you give those two servers a look!

Night Nighttt the Necro
Deadly Legends [DDLG]
Droppin baddies since 2012

in WvW

Posted by: Sororita.3465

Sororita.3465

Stop transferring to HoD…seriously theres so many of them now…messed up the entire tier.

Commander Starlight Honeybuns[BUNS]
Timelord to Lillium Honeybuns, IoJ
Forever together, or not at all.

in WvW

Libertine Lush.1320

Thanks for all the replies. So it does seem quite hopeful on these lower tier servers.

One more question/concern: Because these are lower population servers, is there sometimes difficulty finding people to fight in WvW in non-primetime hours? Not infrequently, my middle tier, “Very High” population server’s WvW is low on activity.

in WvW

Posted by: Boulderbolg.3460

Boulderbolg.3460

T2 is where you want to be. In our experience it is the perfect medium between high action, good competition, yet the zergs aren’t as stupid big as they are in T1. TC is fun to fight against. FA tends to zerg a bit more from memory, but that is forgivable (<3 Bit). Kaineng offers some meta competition. You get the best of everything there. Of course, you never know who is going to be in T2 for how long.

GL for Team Riot [RIOT] on Blackgate NA – Small Group WvW Focused
http://teamriot.org/riot-media/videos/http://www.twitch.tv/teamriottv

in WvW

Posted by: Murderin.8269

Murderin.8269

T2 is where you want to be. In our experience it is the perfect medium between high action, good competition, yet the zergs aren’t as stupid big as they are in T1. TC is fun to fight against. FA tends to zerg a bit more from memory, but that is forgivable (<3 Bit). Kaineng offers some meta competition. You get the best of everything there. Of course, you never know who is going to be in T2 for how long.

Don’t go to T2.

I transferred there from T1 and the zergs are nearly as large. Especially Kaineng during certain times of the day.

in WvW

Posted by: Jinks.2057

Jinks.2057

FYI bakuon

WvW roamers could give 2 kittens about the score or about a yak.

To the OP. I play on Ebay and the servers who represent what you are looking for are ebay dr from my experience.

Mag used to be that type of server but a lot have xferred off due to the zerg.

in WvW

Posted by: Sergo.2867

Sergo.2867

I transferred (to T2) from T1 and the zergs are nearly as large. Especially Kaineng during certain times of the day.

This is true. I love my Coast and we have great competition in T2, but it’s not the best place for a 5-person team to find other small teams to fight.

During the week, a small team can get things done (cap camps, etc.), but when there’s enemy contact, it’s usually. Not… a 5-person team.

Geros Rainhall, Warrior, et. al.
Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Jinks.2057

I transferred (to T2) from T1 and the zergs are nearly as large. Especially Kaineng during certain times of the day.

This is true. I love my Coast and we have great competition in T2, but it’s not the best place for a 5-person team to find other small teams to fight.

During the week, a small team can get things done (cap camps, etc.), but when there’s enemy contact, it’s usually. Not… a 5-person team.

What you really need is 10-15 man teams at those levels of population

in WvW

Posted by: Niim.9260

Niim.9260

The issue we found in lower tiers is that the WvW population is too low. Sure the zergs are smaller, but there are portions in the day where you spend more time looking for a fight, then fighting.

Even T3 was getting weak at parts of the day, was still good during prime time, but late afternoon was far to slow.

~ AoN ~

in WvW

Jinks.2057

The issue we found in lower tiers is that the WvW population is too low. Sure the zergs are smaller, but there are portions in the day where you spend more time looking for a fight, then fighting.

Even T3 was getting weak at parts of the day, was still good during prime time, but late afternoon was far to slow.

Most teams are going to be on during prime time.

Also last time I saw AoN y’all ran 20+

in WvW

Posted by: Victoitor.2917

Victoitor.2917

I can’t really compare to other servers as I have never been in a high tier server (I’m in HoD and joined during the free fall). I also can’t say for sure how it’s going to be since we had many new transfers. We zerg fights in our tier, but they are totally avoidable, specially now that you can see them coming.

I love to roam with small groups and solo. But when I read your comment, I would probably not roam with you. The reason is that I do care for points. I love when a small fight happens and I don’t shy away from them. But I’m also quite interested in our current position in the map, taking strategic points, killing yaks and helping the zerg when needed. The only thing I can’t stand doing is running yaks. So if we were together and cutting some supply from an enemy keep is important, I’ll ask my party to join. If they don’t, I’ll go anyway.

Sometimes I also can’t find a team because I feel holding some camp is better than going for the next one or chasing enemies. Don’t you think that maybe you can’t find groups because you you didn’t find people to do exactly what you wanted?

Raimundo Faztudo (Human Engineer) – Current WvW
Mr Tauser (Char Warrior) – Current PvE
[CATZ] – HoD

in WvW

Libertine Lush.1320

That’s something I’m concerned about. I wonder if the lower tier being more conducive to small scale PVP is mostly borne out of there being, maybe, far fewer people in WvW.

in WvW

Posted by: Farout.8207

Farout.8207

That’s something I’m concerned about. I wonder if the lower tier being more conducive to small scale PVP is mostly borne out of there being, maybe, far fewer people in WvW.

Definitely so… I used to be on a lower tier server and can remember running around flipping camps unopposed during off peak hours. Some folks may like it but It is not my personal play style.

~ Cleetus

in WvW

Posted by: jazzllanna.1278

jazzllanna.1278

I go out by myself a lot. In fact I like it much more than the zerg. I go to the enemy borderlands and usually find a few people to go around with as I go taking camps ect. Usually on borderlands I also run into smaller groups of enemy players, although they will bring the zerg on you at times and then I change to another borderland lol. I am currently on SBI and I think we are T-4 right now.. I would say t-4 or lower is where you will be happiest if you are looking for smaller fights. The nice thing about this is if I feel like running around with the zerg I just go to eb and have that as well. Like having your cake and eating it too :P

in WvW

Posted by: Convenant.7092

Convenant.7092

You’re insane. We don’t even have 20 members.

in WvW

Niim.9260

You are confusing us with someone else.

AoN doesn’t even have 20 people in the guild, let alone all of us on at once at any given point. 5-6 is probably our norm. The highest I have seen was 11 one night when everyone in the guild was on.

~ AoN ~

(edited by Niim.9260)

in WvW

Niim.9260

Really comes down to how and when you play. If you only play during NA prime time then I think a lot of the lower tiers can provide great fun and opportunities for you. If you play a lot outside of NA prime time, then you really need to do your homework as different servers/tiers will have different slow parts in the day.

~ AoN ~

in WvW

Posted by: Gab Superstar.4059

Gab Superstar.4059

Small roaming groups will never be promoted. I have an account on EB and one on DR. I notice absolutely no change in the amount of zerging between the tiers (4-6). It doesn’t matter what server you are on, most people will still want to blob up in groups of 50+ for anything, the only difference is how many 50+ blobs there are around in total.

Yeah, there might be small roaming groups around, but unless you play in groups of 10+, what you can do is very limited unless you are fine with PvE’ing camps or killing low level squirrels.

Very Good Detectives [VGD]
Devonas Rest 4 lyfe

in WvW

Posted by: Acelerion.6820

Acelerion.6820

Its not a problem unless you run more than 5. Less than that is nearly constant action.

OINK – Devona’s Rest
Mesmer-Thief
http://www.youtube.com/user/Axcelerion?feature=watch – Small group videos

in WvW

Posted by: Adaneshade.2409

Adaneshade.2409

Its not a problem unless you run more than 5. Less than that is nearly constant action.

Lately, I’ve been running a trio roaming group in T2, it seems to be the sweet spot. Two thieves (one venom sharing other burst) and a D/D ele. We have enough speed to elude zergs and enough CC to lock down the guy in the rear of a zerg and take him out before his allies know what’s going on. Makes for great guerrilla action.

~Shadowkat

in WvW

Posted by: vincecontix.1264

vincecontix.1264

Come to ioj small roaming group are abundant and there is action 24/7

Shikamaru X Thief, Warrior, Mesmer, Engi(FT leader)
Highest ranked reached 28 soloq
Isle of Janthir