More than 1450 pips required now ?

in WvW

Posted by: Kaidaten.6954

Kaidaten.6954

Just a quick question about it.
I was playing till I noticed I’m still not ‘close’ to be done with diamond chest. Currently at 1400 pips, seems like I still need more than 150 pips to complete the weekly rewards.

Was just wondering if it’s some sort of bug or if the wiki is wrong/isn’t updated.

Thanks in advance.

in WvW

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

yeah, when I finished Diamond it said something like 1580 pips this match.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

You keep receiving pips after you complete diamond because it is repeatable. And they add to the count.

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

You keep receiving pips after you complete diamond because it is repeatable. And they add to the count.

That was exactly when I got the last chest.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in WvW

Posted by: Kaidaten.6954

Kaidaten.6954

Yeah I know you can earn more pips but like DeWolfe said, It’s not even completed for now, but I guess I have my answer, thanks !

in WvW

Posted by: Nyx.6532

Nyx.6532

pips implementation is not good imho.
it is far too advantages for the already winning faction as well as for the high ranked players.

pips should be a static amount or only calculated on your performance to increase your teams “point score” and nothing else. no bonusses for winning team, no bonusses for having rank 6millions, etc.
just purely calculated on the amount you’ve done while being on the map, it could even just add it when your play-session was over so it just added all your gain and gave you the pips at the end, removing the annoyance of seeing it pop up and telling you how much you are missing compared to diamond players.

i do really like that they put in skermish tickets in Every box now, good change.

in WvW

Posted by: Nyx.6532

Nyx.6532

from what i understood this is a bug that will be fixed.
was noted by a CM in an earlier thread ^^

however i do like the idea that you keep getting rewarded. however i feel their reward system is backwards as it should be Less and Less reward for more time spend, not more and more, as you don’t want people to feel that they NEED to do it bc it is now part of the job they just Need to do ^^
and it is easier to say “well i already finished the top rewards so i can logoff now and do RL work/stuff” which is kind of what GW2 was all about, enjoyable gameplay where you didnt feel you Needed to play a lot to gain good rewards.

in WvW

Posted by: Choppy.4183

Choppy.4183

And they might strip the extra pips once they patch the bug. They haven’t said so, but maybe don’t play any extra for these pips than you would otherwise in case they do.

I’m Biff Rangoon, and I approved this message.
Ehmry Bay | Omg Brb Icecream Truck (ICEE)

in WvW

Posted by: Strider Pj.2193

Strider Pj.2193

And they might strip the extra pips once they patch the bug. They haven’t said so, but maybe don’t play any extra for these pips than you would otherwise in case they do.

I don’t think it mentioned the Pips would change. Diamond was always repeatable.

The bug fix related to people continuing to get skirmish tickets in the repeatable chests which was unintended.

Pip acquisition should continue regardless of what chest or how many repeats.

in WvW

Posted by: Ubi.4136

Ubi.4136

I’m not very high ranked (only Bronze – took a break for real life/kids) and am on a last place server. I have earned 3,902 pips this match. Granted, this was an odd week and I got a fair amount of playing in (middle of the night losing sleep/couldn’t sleep).

Lost in the Maguuma [TC]
Te Nosce [TC]

in WvW

Choppy.4183

I don’t think it mentioned the Pips would change. Diamond was always repeatable.

The bug fix related to people continuing to get skirmish tickets in the repeatable chests which was unintended.

Those are the pips I, and I think the others, were talking about. The ones you can get now by repeating the Diamond tier after the first run.

They haven’t said so, but I wouldn’t be surprised if Anet claws those back from any who’ve benefited while they work out a fix.

in WvW

Strider Pj.2193

Those are the pips I, and I think the others, were talking about. The ones you can get now by repeating the Diamond tier after the first run.

They haven’t said so, but I wouldn’t be surprised if Anet claws those back from any who’ve benefited while they work out a fix.

Again, they noted people repeating the diamond chests were getting tickets which was the bug. Not the Pips.

The diamond chest is to be repeatable. It is the rewards IN the chest that vary in the repeat.

No tickets are being given now in the repeatable chests, but Pips were intended to be given as a way to continue to allow the chests without the tickets (and the coins btw) to repeat.

in WvW

Strider Pj.2193

The patch to prevent tickets from being given out in the repeatable diamond chests has already hit.

in WvW

Posted by: zectra.6978

zectra.6978

It is a total of 1450 pips per week – totaling 365 tickets/wk.

[APS][NV]Vasnia, Commander
Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: McKenna Berdrow

McKenna Berdrow

Game Designer

Next

The total number of pips per week did not change.

in WvW

Posted by: Orangensaft.7139

Orangensaft.7139

It was just a display bug

when they changed the amount of pips you get from being 1st, 2nd or 3rd place
(+2 pips on each) the display adjusted but you didnt actually gain those pips

We Glitched Out Of All [MAPS]
26x lvl 80 Characters
Most fabulous Character: http://i.imgur.com/5JtcBI1.jpg?1

(edited by Orangensaft.7139)

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

Do you mean tickets?

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

in WvW

Choppy.4183

Again, they noted people repeating the diamond chests were getting tickets which was the bug. Not the Pips.

The diamond chest is to be repeatable. It is the rewards IN the chest that vary in the repeat.

No tickets are being given now in the repeatable chests, but Pips were intended to be given as a way to continue to allow the chests without the tickets (and the coins btw) to repeat.

Sorry, that’s what I meant. I realized earlier tonight that I’d started referring to the tickets as pips for some reason.

in WvW

Posted by: Macilien.3078

Macilien.3078

As far as I can tell this was a display error, caused by changing the number of pips for skirmish ranking during the matchup. The summary showed these 2 additional pips for every tick even those before the patch, so it showed more pips than you actually had.

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Trejgon.2809

Lord Trejgon.2809

Do you mean tickets?

I thought she meant amounts of pips needed to hit ticket cap?

“-Shield is meant to be broken!”
“-and on this occasion I keep mine plate armors”
discussion about offensive/deffensive playstyles

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

Do you mean tickets?

I thought she meant amounts of pips needed to hit ticket cap?

Ahh ok. It’s a bit of a round-about way of explaining it, but sure, that makes sense.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

in WvW

Posted by: McKenna Berdrow

Previous

McKenna Berdrow

Game Designer

You can now earn more tickets but the amount of pips required to complete the track is the same.