More visible titles/roles for squads?

in WvW

Posted by: Cerby.1069

Cerby.1069

-Commanders get a tag
-Everyone following the commander in their squad gets a dot
?

Wouldn’t it be nice if you could have some variation in those squad dots? I mean if someone wants to play roamer/scout/support/frontline/repair/siege golem/healer for the squad…couldn’t they get their own coloured dot or something on the map that makes them differentiated from one another upon closer inspection?

Or even just ranks in the squad menu (the thing on the top left side of the screen). Where you can join a subrank such as roamer or scout or aoe or tank or whatever.
i.e.
You would have a general pool that all players fall into like usual in the squad. Then if players wanted to specify their role they could be placed underneath that clump with a small title above saying what that role is.

i.e.
You got a squad with a total player count number displayed at the top and then…

Commander (1):
-ihaveatag
General (20):
-rabble1 rabble2 rabble3….rabble20
Scout (3):
-i chose scout after joining to tell my commander what i want to do
Aoe/glass (2):
-i chose this to tell my commander I will be a squishy caster/cannon
Tank (4):
-tank1 tank2 tank3 tank4

Then like I said earlier they could potentially have different coloured dots to make organization on the battlefield a bit more fluid and easier for players to perform independently. i.e. the castors can see where the tanks are so they know where to place themselves. i.e. the squad knows when they are in trouble when the purple dots (tanks) are all going into downed state i.e. the squad knows they have a roamer/scout and they are the ones talking and from where by their pink coloured dot.

I kill you in one gunflame, or I kill you in two.
The Tiny Yuno Sniper of Ebay [EBAY]

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Not bad ideas; I think more specific subgroups and perhaps colored dots can help.

Although you can already drag your icon down to form another subgroup. You can ask if there’s other roamers that joined the squad to move down with you, and you’ll also share your own party chat as well. If you manage to get this set up, you can also click “toggle” squad and only view the status of people in your own group as well.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

in WvW

Posted by: SloRules.3560

SloRules.3560

I would love to see where my subgroup members are(make their name diferent color).

in WvW

Posted by: Forbes.1569

Forbes.1569

It would also be nice if we could have tags for subgroups so that everyone could remain within one squad but have a tag for frontline and backline as well as any scouts who wanted to pop their tag at a certain location without having to leave the group.

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

All I really want now is subsquad tags appointed by the squadleader for a complete squad system.

Well that and seeing character name instead of account name, plus a tweak in the color of your own subsquad (blue or only slightly brighter blue is poor design.

in WvW

Posted by: Nate.3927

Nate.3927

All I really want now is subsquad tags appointed by the squadleader for a complete squad system.

Well that and seeing character name instead of account name, plus a tweak in the color of your own subsquad (blue or only slightly brighter blue is poor design.

I agree with the need for subsquad tags. But we already see character names instead of account names, unless you mean it the other way around?

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

I agree with the need for subsquad tags. But we already see character names instead of account names, unless you mean it the other way around?

Unless it was changed this patch, when you hover over a squadmember you see accountname.number instead of the current logged in character name.

in WvW

Posted by: Sviel.7493

Sviel.7493

Specifics are malleable, but I like this idea. Ways to make WvW organization easier will be a great help in letting new players get a taste of it instead of randomly roaming and getting wrecked.

in WvW

Posted by: lil devils x.6071

lil devils x.6071

Personally, I do not really care about titles, nor do I want screen clutter. What I would really like though is if guild leaders and officer ranks in the commanders repping guild could assist with party formation moving players into parties for them so they do not have to mess with that in the middle of a fight to get proper party composition. We can form proper parties at the beginning of a raid, but by 4 hours in to the raid, the parties are a mess with all the pugs coming in and out of groups not moving themselves, and not knowing proper party composition, so forming the wrong classes in the parties. and you do not want to have to stop and solve this issue every few minutes as people join. Allowing the higher guild ranks in a commanders guild to do so will allow for the people who know what comp they are running to form the parties for them to keep things running much more smoothly.

[KILL]Killing Tiers Leader [TOON] Toons of Terror Leader [NEWS This Just In Leader
WvW / PVP ONLY

in WvW

Posted by: PariahX.6970

PariahX.6970

I would love to see where my subgroup members are(make their name diferent color).

This is already in game . . . kind of. Your subgroup mates are the more shiny shade of blue on the map which is really hard to see or even notice when stacked up with other squad members until you get use to looking for it.

~Xylla~ [oG] on Ehmry Bay [PiXi]
Xyleia Luxuria / Sweet Little Agony / Morning Glory Wine / Precious Illusionz /
Near Fanstastica /Ocean at the End / Blue Eyed Hexe / Andro Queen / Indie Cindee . . .

in WvW

Posted by: Yuffi.2430

Yuffi.2430

I would really like to see Commanders given the option to designate Lieutenants or Squad leaders for each separate squad. This could be limited to players who have a Commander tag.

I envisage these Squad Leaders being able to display a tag (either their own commander tag without making new squads or a new specific tag). They should be able to issue squad commands and have some of the functionality that a commander has. When a commander leaves the squad the Lieutenants should be the priority choice for tagging up to take over.

This should allow experienced Commanders to help more within the main squad group, provide better support if the Commander leaves (or is killed and has to run back!), and should allow squad groups to function more independently under a Commanders direction.