Mortars - What do they do?

in WvW

Posted by: Pinkamena Diane Pie.8054

Pinkamena Diane Pie.8054

So what exactly am I supposed to do with this bloody mortar?!

Attachments:

The WvW Forum Poster Formerly Known As Omaris Mortuus Est

in WvW

Posted by: kelmax.6549

kelmax.6549

You can hit the wall of your garrison with it, fend off the cata wall enemies on the other side of the tower, and you might be able to hit one of the walls in bay.

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

Check your mail.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in WvW

Posted by: Wanderer.3248

Wanderer.3248

Looks like it’s bugged.

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

I heard some people saying that mortars being manned by people with full mastery are getting bugged and only this person can man the mortar until it’s destroyed.

Might be the case?

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Posted by: Radian.2478

Radian.2478

Mortars do very high damage to all siege and people often fire them at their own gate to damage rams. They are also used sometimes in ebg towers to hit in front of other towers, though most wvw players are not that clutch. Some towers and keeps don’t have the slightest use for a mortar. It depends on the design of the structure and where anet chose the mortar location to be for that structure.

in WvW

Posted by: Hamster.4861

Hamster.4861

Pre-patch, Maxed out Mortar Masters were able to target with the barrage shot, and then leave the mortar to turn itself and launch the barrage.

If a master tries to do this now, the mortar will bug until they get on it for the whole length of the turning and firing of the barrage shot.

in WvW

Posted by: mango.9267

mango.9267

Pre-patch, Maxed out Mortar Masters were able to target with the barrage shot, and then leave the mortar to turn itself and launch the barrage.

If a master tries to do this now, the mortar will bug until they get on it for the whole length of the turning and firing of the barrage shot.

+1, this is the bug.

I posted it a couple weeks back, but it got no attention, as the Asura 7-series golem was getting all the QQ.

Mortars are still bugged for those with full mortar mastery.

Second Child

in WvW

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

Mortars are used by the Asura to insert said asura and fling them onto the other side of the enemy for ambush techniques.

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

in WvW

Posted by: MiniMe.1960

MiniMe.1960

Mortars are used by the Asura to insert said asura and fling them onto the other side of the enemy for ambush techniques.

hehehe, thx for the hint I’ll try it next time I WvW

in WvW

Posted by: BooHud.2681

BooHud.2681

The flappy ears give them an accelerated trajectory.

in WvW

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

lets make this thread 4+ pages so anet might think its worth noticing

op, do you mind quoting hamster in the op for clarity? or something.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions