Most Competative WvW server? And more.

in WvW

Posted by: Perfecthair.4190

Perfecthair.4190

Hello, I’m returning after a 2 year break from this game. I am wanting to get back into world vs world, and i had a couple of questions. What server is the most balanced in terms of even opponents that you can fight each week? I’m willing to play on any server and restart over.

Second question, How do you go about finding guilds on your server that you are wanting to play on? I have not seen a guild recruitment section under these forums. I really would appreciate some responses as I am wanting to get back into the game, thank you have a great evening.

in WvW

Posted by: mistsim.2748

mistsim.2748

i also just returned to the game. im on SBI and it’s a nice community with decent coverage and plenty of fights.

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

1. You can look up recent matchups on mos.millenium.org. You’ll see that outside of T1, where there is some collusion going on, no tier has even matchups week in and week out.
  2. They removed all the WvW-related forums and you’re no longer allowed to talk about matchups in the one remaining forum, so don’t bother looking here.

in WvW

Perfecthair.4190

How can I find guilds if there is no section on this forum for guild advertizement?

in WvW

Posted by: joneirikb.7506

joneirikb.7506

generally the advice is go to WvW, and start asking people in mapchat if they can tell you about some wvw guilds (pm), or recruiting.

Elrik Noj (Norn Guardian, Kaineng [SIN][Owls])
“Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth.”
“The objective is to win. The goal is to have fun.”

in WvW

Posted by: Nate.3927

Nate.3927

do you like big fights? or small fights? when you say balanced are you referring to overall PPT score or balanced in your specific timezone?

in WvW

Perfecthair.4190

i like a mixture of both to be honest. At the moment i’m on jade quarry server and everyone says its an amazing server. Can anyone confirm?

in WvW

Posted by: Pumpkin.5169

Pumpkin.5169

Amazing is a matter of personal taste. But Jade Quarry is a Tier 1 server, what means that the server is in the top 3 largest competitive and committed WvW population in NA servers. So yeah, is probably a great server to see if you like WvW or not. But if the tier is way chaotic and bloby for you, look for a server in a tier below.

Pumpkin – Mag

in WvW

Posted by: Juular.4729

Juular.4729

None……………

in WvW

Posted by: Tspatula.9086

Tspatula.9086

Just be ready to transfer every month as your server population in WvW radically changes as the WvW guilds chase the action… it’s only money.

in WvW

Posted by: lil devils x.6071

lil devils x.6071

Of course Jade Quarry is probably the most competitive server, that is what gets you to the top.

[KILL]Killing Tiers Leader [TOON] Toons of Terror Leader [NEWS This Just In Leader
WvW / PVP ONLY

in WvW

Posted by: Buzzcrave.6197

Buzzcrave.6197

There’s none that fit what you want. You have to choose either small fights/80 man blobs. Not that any of that matter because everyone roam in a group of 10 while using the most cheese build they can find, while blob fights consist of a 80 man+10 acs.

This game has lost it touch like 2 years ago, just don’t bother to get serious and just get on and play around for a min and two and immediately logoff.

Brutal honest opinion.

in WvW

Posted by: Phosphia.7813

Phosphia.7813

depends what you’re looking for. since you said competitive i’m assuming you want to run with guilds in wvw.

you should probably look into which servers has the most wvw guilds that raid and do gvgs, then join a server that is often matched up against this server so you have kitten to fight.

in WvW

Posted by: Lurock Turoth.9085

Lurock Turoth.9085

If you like large zergs, or small havoc fights T1 is by far the most competitive, highest coverage tier, solo roaming can be a bit rough if your not able to 1v4. Additionally all T1 servers have websites where you can find guild recruitment messages. If you like zergs all T1 servers well work, if you like small havoc type game play go TC or BG, JQ has next to nothing as far as decent havoc guilds go.

Angst Hex, [FLOT] BG Havoc/Roaming
http://www.twitch.tv/disasterdrew

in WvW

Posted by: Zetsumei.4975

Zetsumei.4975

Of course Jade Quarry is probably the most competitive server, that is what gets you to the top.

.. no that would be population and coverage

Kurodaraku – Necromancer | Kuroshikon – Ranger
Officer of [DEX] Deus Ex Machina Eu and [Fus] Fus Ro Dâh
Ruins of Surmia

in WvW

lil devils x.6071

No.. We were map hopping from BGBL, TCBL, and EBG on reset night this week. It is about how you play. All of T1 is covered. ALL of T1 has population, we actually have less ques than most other top servers. LOL

You can have map que, but if it is full of people who will not work together, run proper builds and classes you are going to get face rolled.

[KILL]Killing Tiers Leader [TOON] Toons of Terror Leader [NEWS This Just In Leader
WvW / PVP ONLY

(edited by lil devils x.6071)

in WvW

Posted by: tertle.4621

tertle.4621

No.. We were map hopping from BGBL, TCBL, and EBG on reset night this week. It is about how you play. All of T1 is covered. ALL of T1 has population, we actually have less ques than most other top servers. LOL

You can have map que, but if it is full of people who will not work together, run proper builds and classes you are going to get face rolled.

Having played on a large majority of servers except BG (JQ, TC, HOD, SOS, MAG, SOR, DB) with a range of popular WvW guilds I can tell you that is pretty much complete rubbish.

I found nearly every server has ended up being very similar. Even T2/T3 servers tend to only be at worse a month behind meta or strategy changes in T1. Sure there is the occasional small guild group that does better than average, but when it comes down to it, who wins is 99% determined by coverage.

Also I’m doubtful, but hey I haven’t checked in a little while, so maybe JQ now does now have slightly lower population at reset but if they on average have +20 people throughout the opposite half of day their overall coverage is still higher. WvW rarely comes down to winning fights. It doesn’t really matter if your 30 man zerg beat another 30 man zerg, when another small group is just capping your towers in another map.

The occasional weeks where for instance TC wins T1 is usually when commanders get together decide to put in extra effort throughout a week and get more people in. I assume BG is similar but like I said above, it’s the only server I haven’t been on.

The other funny thing about every server is they all kitten about the same things. Every server often complains about the other 2 servers ganging up on them or that the zerg they’re facing is always larger than them (often when in fact it’s a similar size or even smaller). Every server also loves patting itself on their back after a victory in a fight, complaining their the best and their opponents are bad.

People need to get over themselves a little. You’re just like everyone else.

Anyway @OP, if you’re on a T1 server already (i.e JQ) you should probably just stay there. Personally in my travels I find that overall they’re a more enjoyable experience.

(edited by tertle.4621)

in WvW

lil devils x.6071

Having played on a large majority of servers except BG (JQ, TC, HOD, SOS, MAG, SOR, DB) with a range of popular WvW guilds I can tell you that is pretty much complete rubbish.

I found nearly every server has ended up being very similar. Even T2/T3 servers tend to only be at worse a month behind meta or strategy changes in T1. Sure there is the occasional small guild group that does better than average, but when it comes down to it, who wins is 99% determined by coverage.

Also I’m doubtful, but hey I haven’t checked in a little while, so maybe JQ now does now have slightly lower population at reset but if they on average have +20 people throughout the opposite half of day their overall coverage is still higher. WvW rarely comes down to winning fights. It doesn’t really matter if your 30 man zerg beat another 30 man zerg, when another small group is just capping your towers in another map.

The occasional weeks where for instance TC wins T1 is usually when commanders get together decide to put in extra effort throughout a week and get more people in. I assume BG is similar but like I said above, it’s the only server I haven’t been on.

The other funny thing about every server is they all kitten about the same things. Every server often complains about the other 2 servers ganging up on them or that the zerg they’re facing is always larger than them (often when in fact it’s a similar size or even smaller). Every server also loves patting itself on their back after a victory in a fight, complaining their the best and their opponents are bad.

People need to get over themselves a little. You’re just like everyone else.

Anyway @OP, if you’re on a T1 server already (i.e JQ) you should probably just stay there. Personally in my travels I find that overall they’re a more enjoyable experience.

T1 is nothing like T2 lol. Don’t knock it till you try it. Saying you played on every tier except T1.. then tell T1 wvw guild leader what applies to T1 is rubbish LOL.

I don’t complain about the other servers teaming up, I look forward to it. That is what we play for here. We would be bored otherwise. We actually look forward to all the walls and gates being down on gari and fighting for it for hours with both other servers in there.. otherwise why would we even bother to play?

It is actually BG commanders that tell us JQ could not get map blob even if we tried… We dont use the “omniblob” on JQ, instead we have 25 man groups coordinating together. It is one of our strengths and weaknesses at times. BG are better fighters than TC for the most part, TC is more like YB though and outnumbers and runs even when they have siege.. LOL Not sure what you are going on about, but no, I do not agree that is how everyone views WvW.

Every server can pat themselves on the back all they want.. Not every server sits at the top.
https://leaderboards.guildwars2.com/en/na/wvw

WvW / PVP ONLY

in WvW

tertle.4621

T1 is nothing like T2 lol. Don’t knock it till you try it. Saying you played on every tier except T1.. then tell T1 wvw guild leader what applies to T1 is rubbish LOL.

What? That doesn’t even make sense. Most of the servers in the list I’ve linked have been T1 (all except MAG and DB I think?), and the majority of my WvW time has been spent on JQ and TC, with the rest having around 1-3month stints.

Except for transferring off HOD after it died a bit after launch, the times I’ve gone to lower tiers was because I transferred with a guild (for example with Emperium from JQ to DB) and I was always surprised at the quality of lower tier guilds that we played with.

I transfer for a change and different experiences, because it’s a nice not always playing on the server with the largest wvw coverage; you should try it sometime.

(edited by tertle.4621)

in WvW

lil devils x.6071

What? That doesn’t even make sense. Most of the servers in the list I’ve linked have been T1 (all except MAG and DB I think?), and the majority of my WvW time has been spent on JQ and TC, with the rest having around 1-3month stints.

Except for when HOD died at launch, the times I’ve gone to lower tiers was because I transferred with a guild (for example with Emperium from JQ to DB) and I was always surprised at the quality of lower tier guilds that we played with.

I transfer for a change and different experiences, because it’s a nice not always playing on the server with the largest wvw coverage; you should try it sometime.

Sorry, I misread I thought you said " except" all of those .
What time zone do you play? That may have something to do with your perspective. The lower tier servers I have been on had more players in wvw than you have on JQ.. Being able to hop maps on reset night isn’t something as easily done on other servers as it is on JQ. It is still odd you think we have the most coverage.. both BG and TC have higher ques and larger/ more guilds than we have currently and have been gaining new guilds while we have not. I too have played on multiple tiers and servers, what I see as being the biggest difference on JQ is the ability too coordinate, more people willing to get on the right builds and classes and good quality commanders. Both our Sea and NA prime are weak atm, and we can hardly find anyone who willing to even map pin those zones.. JQ often runs without pins at times on any map haha.

I didn’t find my experiences on other servers near as nice simply due to how terribad the coordination, builds and classes were there. People on other servers actually think Typmanding is viable and run around on rangers and engis … GEEZE.. They form parties with engi, warrior, Mesmer, ele or 4 guardians and a ranger and wonder what is wrong. They do not even bother to show up with the right builds. classes or know how to form proper parties…

WvW / PVP ONLY

in WvW

tertle.4621

What time zone do you play? That may have something to do with your perspective.

I’m Australian, but half my play time would be during US (work from home so tend to get a little distracted’)

Anyway this has got a bit off topic and is pointless.
OP should probably just stick to current server (JQ)

in WvW

lil devils x.6071

What time zone do you play? That may have something to do with your perspective.

I’m Australian, but half my play time would be during US (work from home so tend to get a little distracted’)

Anyway this has got a bit off topic and is pointless.
OP should probably just stick to current server (JQ)

I know he should.. he joined my guild. XD

WvW / PVP ONLY

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

i like a mixture of both to be honest. At the moment i’m on jade quarry server and everyone says its an amazing server. Can anyone confirm?

JQ here and can confirm that it is a very good and competitive server. We are probably the most consistent of the T1 servers in terms of coverage every week.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: ASP.8093

ASP.8093

Amongst North American servers, the tier 1 matchup (Tarnished Coast, Blackgate, Jade Quarry) is probably tighter than any other. Coverage being what it is, it’s far from equal, but if you look at the score history, there are a lot of close games, and any of the three has the potential to grind out a win each week.

(A note about NA T1. Anyone who says the phrase “push week” ominously like it’s win-trading is an idiot and you should ignore them, or laugh at them. So far, the people I’ve grilled about this have ended up being: randoms from T4 who spend too much time on the PvF forums, T2 folks who are mad that the Glicko system won’t let them break into T1 even though they honestly would be murdered in Coverage Wars anyway, or T1 dabblers/fairweathers who don’t even use their server’s VoIP. So basically the people eager to lecture you about how T1 “really” works don’t have any clue how anything on TC, BG, or JQ actually operates.)

If you’re just playing in the NA timezone, it’s likely there are a number of servers across tiers that have good balanced matchups. IIRC, their off-peak timezones tend to be less and less balanced as you go down the “tiers,” however.

Nemain The Eyeless · [JOY] · Tarnished Coast · http://tcwvw.com

(edited by ASP.8093)

in WvW

Posted by: FearedbytheGods.8617

FearedbytheGods.8617

snip

TC has by far and away the best siege humpers to. If you like standing by an arrow cart the whole time, TC is the way to go.

in WvW

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

tiers is about coverage and coverage means the amount of people you have at every minute for the whole 24 hours. any servers with weak coverage simple means the lost of ppt to servers with strong coverage. skills matter very little when regard to ppt

competitive is subjective, it depends on the playing style you are looking for. some people prefer to zerg, some prefer to nut hug, some prefer to fight outnumber, some don’t like to lose, some are only comfortable when there is numbers, some like to blob, some like to ktrain

every servers have slight different of culture, some servers have guilds that uses sieges more, some servers have guilds that prefer to fight than uses siege. some servers respect other guilds’ open field fight (more often in eu though, na just jam your back most of the time)

to answer your question, t1 is the most balanced in coverage/population and that is the only reason why they are t1.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

in WvW

Posted by: Kamara.4187

Kamara.4187

Here let me save you some time. What your looking for is the rich boy server that can afford to buy/entice large guilds to come play on their server. They are the only ones that can enjoy 24/7 coverage.

The only one that doesn’t have to do that is TC because they tagged themselves as also being the unofficial rp server and they bridge with piken square (euro server) which is the euro rp server. Who would have thunk it that rpers also WvW.

But good luck getting on that server. Its packed.

(edited by Kamara.4187)

in WvW

Posted by: tym.3791

tym.3791

Think the one thing no one is saying, with T1 and Even T2 your que times can be pretty tuff, especially on reset weekend. So to play on them, your looking at one long wait to even get into wvw.

in WvW

lil devils x.6071

snip

TC has by far and away the best siege humpers to. If you like standing by an arrow cart the whole time, TC is the way to go.

You may appreciate this song created by one of our amazing members Mighty Sorceress ..
We Dedicate this song to TC with <3 from [KILL]:
" bag space"
https://soundcloud.com/hohotron/bag-space/s-smNu9

JQ is so competitive our players sing songs while killing them. XD.

WvW / PVP ONLY