Most efficient way to farm ascend mats

in WvW

Posted by: Cymric.7368

Cymric.7368

The current implementation of ascend mat acquisition in wvw is causing everyone to only want to tag the lord and flip stuff. If this farming of ascend mats is abuse enough, it might force arenaNet to reconsider the current implementation. So I am came up with an idea to farm the ascend mats more efficiently.

Idea: Kill the lord but don’t cap the keep/tower
Since that loot is given upon the death of the lord, an organized group can just break in and only kill the lord to get the loot and move on the the next tower/keep without capping. By the time the zerg make 1 round around the map, the first lord should have respawn and can be killed again for the loot.

Pro: No need to wait for defenders to recap. If the defender rez the lord, might be able to kill it again for the loot immediately (Not sure abt this, if it work, maybe can just leave the tower/keep, wait for rez and enter again).
Con: Need good control over the zerg to prevent capping, no wxp, need to be significantly stronger than defender for this to work

in WvW

Posted by: Feed Me Change.6528

Feed Me Change.6528

I think the limit for Lord loot is once every 1-2 minutes.

But yeah, when the matches are over on Monday night, what else is there to do..?

NSP>ET>SoS>BG>ET>SoS>JQ>SoS>Mag>JQ
My fun laughs at your server pride.

in WvW

Posted by: Avatar of Belle.9623

This is also a super fun way to farm people too. Typically we cap the tower and wait for the other side to break down the walls and fight them as they stream in. Depends what you want to farm that day.

:)

Threnody of Belle – Necromancer and PvE Carebear (24,500 achievement points)
Maguuma
#allisvain

in WvW

Posted by: JemL.3501

JemL.3501

and? is not different to be farming every big chest in the pve map

I took an arrow to the knee

in WvW

Posted by: bradderzh.2378

bradderzh.2378

I think the limit for Lord loot is once every 1-2 minutes.

But yeah, when the matches are over on Monday night, what else is there to do..?

Just wait! With the new leagues, the matchups will be over by saturday

In reference to ascended items:
Nar: I love that it will take me time and money to
reach the same level I’m at right now… …said no one, ever.