Most skilled 1v1 roaming fight I've had

in WvW

Posted by: Sazukikrah.5036

Sazukikrah.5036

Timing and everything hit to the T with this one fella’s . Probably my most skilled fight yet. This guy sure was relentless at trying to fight me.

Hadi the Edgemaster – Pro level Warrior (Youtube Hadi the Edgemaster)
Black Gate Tier 1 Roamer
Harbinger " I will make you (QQ)"

in WvW

Posted by: Neftex.7594

Neftex.7594

congrats, youre playing cheese build on an asura?

in WvW

Sazukikrah.5036

congrats, youre playing cheese build on an asura?

Thee most cheesiest of cheese.

Black Gate Tier 1 Roamer

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

My most skilled fight happened in EotM one time. I saw some dude running towards blue keep and when he was in bridge i did land perfect mortar barrage and he did fell down.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in WvW

Sazukikrah.5036

My most skilled fight happened in EotM one time. I saw some dude running towards blue keep and when he was in bridge i did land perfect mortar barrage and he did fell down.

Were you able to record it? I’d love to see that lol

Black Gate Tier 1 Roamer

in WvW

Junkpile.7439

No but i probably killed like 30 dudes once. I did record that one.

in WvW

Sazukikrah.5036

No but i probably killed like 30 dudes once. I did record that one.

Nice !

Black Gate Tier 1 Roamer

in WvW

Posted by: Lettuce.2945

Lettuce.2945

Just wanted to post a video of our guild 3 v 3’ing QQ’s 3 best players with only 1 of our best players in OS. I do want to say thanks for a good fight but I would be lying. It was kind of easy considering the average length of each 3 v 3 was 30 secs to 45 secs.

And a special shout out to Hadi for being so kind to “allow us” to spawn camp your guild. I didn’t realize we needed your permission. So kind of you to consider our feelings. . Maybe you should re take math class and count how many people you had at your spawn? And maybe you should include the rest of the video in which you got killed 3 times and you even tried to run back to spawn but got scorpion wired like a boss. . Enjoy your day Badi.

in WvW

Posted by: Conaywea.5062

Conaywea.5062

Using condi and rr

yeah sure

in WvW

Sazukikrah.5036

Just wanted to post a video of our guild 3 v 3’ing QQ’s 3 best players with only 1 of our best players in OS. I do want to say thanks for a good fight but I would be lying. It was kind of easy considering the average length of each 3 v 3 was 30 secs to 45 secs.

And a special shout out to Hadi for being so kind to “allow us” to spawn camp your guild. I didn’t realize we needed your permission. So kind of you to consider our feelings. . Maybe you should re take math class and count how many people you had at your spawn? And maybe you should include the rest of the video in which you got killed 3 times and you even tried to run back to spawn but got scorpion wired like a boss. . Enjoy your day Badi.

Here’s my autograph. Gotta keep the paparazzi happy.

Attachments:

Black Gate Tier 1 Roamer

in WvW

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

Oh qq guild…
I had one of their condi chrono run away from me after 45sec. Shame they didn’t know just how close I was to death with everything on cd. Yay me.

in WvW

Sazukikrah.5036

Oh qq guild…
I had one of their condi chrono run away from me after 45sec. Shame they didn’t know just how close I was to death with everything on cd. Yay me.

Were they Asura?

Black Gate Tier 1 Roamer

in WvW

Justine.6351

Oh qq guild…

Were they Asura?

I think human with a mask.

in WvW

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

I think it’s safe to say nobody from the guild actually plays well, and either runs cheese or ganks like 3v1. Or both.

I closed the video almost immediately when realizing a condition build. Sorry, but I have pretty much zero respect at all for condition build players.

in WvW

Sazukikrah.5036

I think it’s safe to say nobody from the guild actually plays well, and either runs cheese or ganks like 3v1. Or both.

I closed the video almost immediately when realizing a condition build. Sorry, but I have pretty much zero respect at all for condition build players.

Ok. Whole video wasn’t even condition build though. But you’d never know that if you wasn’t so close minded.

Black Gate Tier 1 Roamer

in WvW

DeceiverX.8361

Ok. Whole video wasn’t even condition build though. But you’d never know that if you wasn’t so close minded.

I wasn’t, then I made a condi mesmer a few years ago and didn’t die after days of roaming. I tried again to not be. I then made a Daredevil and consistently started beating groups of 6+, and can pretty much win fights half-AFK against my guildmembers on it when in the guild area, which if I swap power they either put up a very good fight or win in many cases. Not closed-minded. I immediately associate condition builds with people who suck too much to play the game built power and can let their crutches give them free wins.

I don’t even care or feel the compulsion to care when I see someone putting up videos playing conditions in WvW lol.

in WvW

Sazukikrah.5036

I wasn’t, then I made a condi mesmer a few years ago and didn’t die after days of roaming. I tried again to not be. I then made a Daredevil and consistently started beating groups of 6+, and can pretty much win fights half-AFK against my guildmembers on it when in the guild area, which if I swap power they either put up a very good fight or win in many cases. Not closed-minded. I immediately associate condition builds with people who suck too much to play the game built power and can let their crutches give them free wins.

I don’t even care or feel the compulsion to care when I see someone putting up videos playing conditions in WvW lol.

ok

Attachments:

Black Gate Tier 1 Roamer

in WvW

Posted by: Hexinx.1872

Hexinx.1872

Most of the video was on his warrior running mace/shielf + GS …only the first bit had the long bow s/s condi setup

I don’t know, I enjoyed it cause I main warrior usually (unless guild needs ‘x’)

in WvW

Posted by: Pretty Pixie.8603

Pretty Pixie.8603

I do like how you arbitrarily decide how the game should be played to pad your own ego. Good on ya.

Relentless Inquisition [PAIN] – FA

in WvW

Posted by: RodOfDeath.5247

RodOfDeath.5247

I have zero respect for any enemy player. Beat that buddy.

in WvW

Sazukikrah.5036

I have zero respect for any enemy player. Beat that buddy.

That’s kinda what it sound like he’s saying lol , but replaced it with “Condition” .

Black Gate Tier 1 Roamer

in WvW

DeceiverX.8361

I do like how you arbitrarily decide how the game should be played to pad your own ego. Good on ya.

Interestingly enough, condition players are the ones who decide how the game should be played by mandating the need for excessive cleanses and mathematically optimal stat configurations, and play the cheese to fuel their own egos by basically taking free-win FoTM builds.

I’m not deciding anything for anyone. But I guess having an opinion on how I see people makes my decision both arbitrary and ego-maniacal.

It’s not really an ego thing. I just don’t have respect for people who try and defend or play the builds, and don’t care to watch anyone in any sense play them at this point.

So I didn’t watch the video, and didn’t look to see the power play. Oh well.

(edited by DeceiverX.8361)

in WvW

Posted by: dzeRnumbrd.6129

dzeRnumbrd.6129

Pretty dull video and overly one sided to be honest. The Dragonbrand guy was like Bart in the cupcake episode in The Simpsons (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pxG4yd8U3U).

in WvW

Posted by: MidoriMarch.8067

MidoriMarch.8067

This is why condi should be nerfed.

so many bad people showing off and acts like pro with cheese builds that carried by profession and certain builds.

and that thief is not even skilled as well

in WvW

Posted by: Ashkew.6584

Ashkew.6584

That camera angle/zoom is so frustrating i cant watch the whole thing

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Stacking condis has nothing to do with skilled fights.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Posted by: aristotle.2813

aristotle.2813

What is considered as player’s skill? Certain conditions affecting “player’s skill” can affect the result.

1. Better ping
2. Faster PC
3. Ascended armor/gear/legendary weapons
4. Utilities/Nourishment

Consider oneself as a “skilled player” if one’s opponents are similarly equipped. Don’t feed one’s ego and don’t assume that skill alone was the result of one’s win.

in WvW

Posted by: Fat Disgrace.4275

Fat Disgrace.4275

Not sure where the skill is in this video unless you mean weapon skills. Thief bunny hopping with bound randomly all over the place, and you’re a rat berserker running condi gun lame. I stopped the video at around 3 mins

Fat Disgrace (banned) Man Flu Survivor – war/The Cabbage -Thief (gunners hold / [TaG])

gw1 – healing signet/frenzy/charge

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

If this is OP most skilled fight, I don’t want to see one of his worst…

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Justine.6351

If this is OP most skilled fight, I don’t want to see one of his worst…

Probably chased down a f2p upscale bearbow for 5 min across the map before letting them go ;-)

in WvW

Posted by: LetoII.3782

LetoII.3782

The smaller your group runs, the more hate it receives.

in WvW

Posted by: zinkz.7045

zinkz.7045

I immediately associate condition builds with people who suck too much to play the game built power and can let their crutches give them free wins.

Erm, the game is full of crutches both power and condi, or you think auto targeted skills, basically no resource management, relatively undemanding level of mechanical ability, etc make this game skillful, if you want skillful gaming why are you even playing GW2 or an MMORPG?

in WvW

Posted by: Blaqatak.1395

Blaqatak.1395

I immediately associate condition builds with people who suck too much to play the game built power and can let their crutches give them free wins.

Erm, the game is full of crutches both power and condi, or you think auto targeted skills, basically no resource management, relatively undemanding level of mechanical ability, etc make this game skillful, if you want skillful gaming why are you even playing GW2 or an MMORPG?

There’s a reason he plays power Thief. It’s one of the few classes/specs that forces interesting choices. To your exact point: the player is required to manage resources, predict/react quickly to interrupt/evade, mind game with stealth/mobility/blind, etc. It’s one of the few classes where your win-conditions constantly change based on who you’re fighting (both class and skill).

The only thing it really lacks is the typical MMO fare of CD management – which I have never found all that engaging. Is it fighting game level of mechanics/skill/prediction? Of course not. But it’s a lot more engaging than spamming 3 & Dodge as a condi D/D thief or mindlessly punching a rotation on another class.

Condi & bunker builds are for the most part incredibly forgiving and have a drastically friendlier skillfloor. Have you ever seen a bad D/D Condi Thief?

in WvW

Posted by: zinkz.7045

zinkz.7045

There’s a reason he plays power Thief. It’s one of the few classes/specs that forces interesting choices. To your exact point: the player is required to manage resources, predict/react quickly to interrupt/evade, ..

Not really, that some people think power thief is an example of “high skill” just shows how clueless the GW2 playerbase is, take interrupting as you mention that, look at steal, it is low skilled cheese that the game largely plays for you, you don’t need to aim because like many skills in GW2 it is autotargeted, then you add it is instant, then you have that it is long ranged, it is about as low skilled as you can get, typical GW2.

(edited by zinkz.7045)

in WvW

Posted by: Blaqatak.1395

Blaqatak.1395

There’s a reason he plays power Thief. It’s one of the few classes/specs that forces interesting choices. To your exact point: the player is required to manage resources, predict/react quickly to interrupt/evade, ..

Not really, that some people think power thief is an example of “high skill” just shows how clueless the GW2 playerbase is, take interrupting with steal it is low skilled cheese that the game plays for you, you don’t need to aim because like many skills in GW2 it is autotargeted, then you add it is instant, then you have that it is ranged, it is about as skilless as you can get, typical GW2.

It can also be done mid-cast of another ability. I did not claim interrupting with steal requires much skill. Landing & interrupting with steal is Thief 101. It separates bad from good, not good from great.

I was referencing headshot, which is a high-risk high-reward ability. It has a notable animation & projectile time. It cannot reliably interrupt a <3/4s cast on reaction & must be predicted – unless you’ve got ungodly ping. It also costs a chunk of initiative & is only a 1/4s daze. If you’re not interrupting/proccing pulmonary impact, you’re wasting time and resources. Good headshot-usage is not straightforward and is a mindgame based on the opponent. Bad thieves waste initiative on it. Good thieves avoid it or feel happy about interrupting a 1s+ cast once a fight. Great thieves predict & shut people done with it – unless their opponent is even better with the mindgames & fake casts.

As an aside, I’m unclear on why you consistently bring up that abilities are “auto-targetted”. I agree that it’s a failing, but it’s the nature of the MMORPG platform. No GW2 class can claim their abilities require skill to place/land (unless we mean not being evaded/blocked/invuln/blinded).

Regardless, it’s not the only measure of skillcap. No one claims fighting games are low skill because you don’t have to do 360 no-scopes.

(edited by Blaqatak.1395)

in WvW

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

Timing and everything hit to the T with this one fella’s . Probably my most skilled fight yet. This guy sure was relentless at trying to fight me.

Usually not a fan of 1v1 stuff, but good job. Keep making them QQ

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

Does that Mace/Shield-GS work without Berzerker? Because I don’t have HoT.

I’ve been trying to find a Warrior build but everything I try I just get destroyed.

in WvW

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

lel playing condi build and calls himself skilled gratz.

in WvW

Posted by: Rotteny.8743

Rotteny.8743

Because conditions start being relevant in smaller scale and everyone around here hate conditions because they don’t want to be forced to run condi cleanses since it affect their dps.

Oh these people call themselves skilled when they can’t even adapt killing condition builds… Pu-lease.

Diana Strongarm / Blighter Hellena / Jasmine Fatima / Elizabeth Crowel
WvW Rank 337 (Bronze Soldier) – PvP Rank 33 (Wolf) – 3,2k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Borlis Pass (Also known as Jeknar.6184)

in WvW

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

There’s a reason he plays power Thief. It’s one of the few classes/specs that forces interesting choices. To your exact point: the player is required to manage resources, predict/react quickly to interrupt/evade, mind game with stealth/mobility/blind, etc. It’s one of the few classes where your win-conditions constantly change based on who you’re fighting (both class and skill).

The only thing it really lacks is the typical MMO fare of CD management – which I have never found all that engaging. Is it fighting game level of mechanics/skill/prediction? Of course not. But it’s a lot more engaging than spamming 3 & Dodge as a condi D/D thief or mindlessly punching a rotation on another class.

Condi & bunker builds are for the most part incredibly forgiving and have a drastically friendlier skillfloor. Have you ever seen a bad D/D Condi Thief?

I might agree with your assessment of thief if they didn’t have the most mobility in the game and can thus escape and reset any fight at will. I have some respect for glassy builds that commit to fights or that when they know they won’t win kitten off somewhere else.

I have no respect for people who run till ooc and come back trying to land that large burst then repeat if not successful.

in WvW

Posted by: DeeSystm.1256

DeeSystm.1256

I might agree with your assessment of thief if they didn’t have the most mobility in the game and can thus escape and reset any fight at will. I have some respect for glassy builds that commit to fights or that when they know they won’t win kitten off somewhere else.

I have no respect for people who run till ooc and come back trying to land that large burst then repeat if not successful.

When i pull an ooc heal exploiter to a tower after 5 resets and they /laugh I don’t think they realise I’m not afraid of them I was just seeing if they were stupid enough to actually think I’m scared.

“I came to play.” me
r4420k+ blazetrain

in WvW

DeceiverX.8361

Which is why I play(ed, and now quit from the stealth ICD) D/D power, and why I’m kittened off that ANet killed the set’s power-build viability with the ICD on stealth attacks, since its only good skill is a high-committal backstab. I love fighting aggressively, but unfortunately Karl refuses to let the thief have those options. We’re left with non-committal spam-evade noskill Daredevil and similar condition builds on D/D, and the typical half-trying, stealth-camping D/P build we’ve seen for the past several years.

As others seem to be commenting about the OP’s video which I still haven’t watched, it sounds like it’s pretty standard fare from QQ; unimpressive gameplay typically just done by people with huge egos playing FoTM builds or gank groups.

in WvW

Posted by: Hexinx.1872

Hexinx.1872

I just like the part where the DB platinum guy pm’s him and says he’s hacking.

in WvW

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

How come I’m never in the QQ videos?

You guys gank me all the time 6:1 and you were chasing me from sentry to sentry last night on my zerker necro lol

Also hi to your mesmer that chased me without having the rest of you
(that was actually a decent fight until my zerg rolled you over)

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

(edited by sephiroth.4217)

in WvW

Posted by: dzeRnumbrd.6129

dzeRnumbrd.6129

How come I’m never in the QQ videos?

You guys gank me all the time 6:1 and you were chasing me from sentry to sentry last night on my zerker necro lol

Reminds me of two nights ago. A thief from DPS guild on FA tried to gank me. Reaper 3->4->2 and he ended up being the one that got ganked. So funny. His Druid team mate that was trying to gank me at the same time then ran away.

Next night, DPS had 6-8 guys trying to gank – because they weren’t good enough to win 2v1. I lost that 6v1.

in WvW

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

Which is why I play(ed, and now quit from the stealth ICD) D/D power, and why I’m kittened off that ANet killed the set’s power-build viability with the ICD on stealth attacks, since its only good skill is a high-committal backstab. I love fighting aggressively, but unfortunately Karl refuses to let the thief have those options. We’re left with non-committal spam-evade noskill Daredevil and similar condition builds on D/D, and the typical half-trying, stealth-camping D/P build we’ve seen for the past several years.

As others seem to be commenting about the OP’s video which I still haven’t watched, it sounds like it’s pretty standard fare from QQ; unimpressive gameplay typically just done by people with huge egos playing FoTM builds or gank groups.

Yeah I’m taking a break from WvW entirely, too much of the stupid stuff running around like druids, DP runaway thieves, condi mesmers, berserkers in all their stupidity etc for my core mesmer to handle.

Interestingly though, I was saying to another forum thief a long time ago that backstab had no cool down only that revealed prevents it being used again so frequently. I think they could lower it to 1/2s cool down….or just make stealth a more engaging mechanic to play against now nearly everyone has stealth access.

Oh and don’t bother with the vid, it was about as skillful as a babies first face plant.

in WvW

Posted by: Chapell.1346

Chapell.1346

Can confirm

[Urge]
Between a master and apprentice, i would love to see the differences.

in WvW

Justine.6351

Oh qq guild…

Were they Asura?

Found clip,

https://youtu.be/SzgmRhG4mto

Wrong QQ guild sorry.

in WvW

Posted by: Hoaxintelligence.4628

Hoaxintelligence.4628

Spamming condi takes skill now?

Sît[MII]Ultimate Dominator
U N D E R W O R L D
W v W-r o a m e r

in WvW

Junkpile.7439

Good players never lose fight against condi spec.