Mounts in WvW confirmed?

Mounts in WvW confirmed?

in WvW

Posted by: Mezmere.3241

Mezmere.3241

Its hard to deny it now, ArenaNet has chosen this stag to showcase its new WvW mounts.
Sorry for xpack spoilers

Attachments:

BG – [DwT] Death Watch – Guild Leader

Mounts in WvW confirmed?

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

Isn’t that the new ranger pet?

L’enfer, c’est les autres

Mounts in WvW confirmed?

in WvW

Posted by: reddie.5861

reddie.5861

hope we dont get mounts

Mounts in WvW confirmed?

in WvW

Posted by: Zoltreez.6435

Zoltreez.6435

i WANT mounts in WvW…

im sick of the Swiftness spam… and the too mutch reliance of movement speed stuff like runes or traits….

ESPECIALY AS A NECROMANCER !!!!!

GIMME the mounts in WvW !!!

-Stellaris
-Total War: Warhammer
-Guild Wars 2

Mounts in WvW confirmed?

in WvW

Mezmere.3241

Here’s my two cents, we as players will not get mounts, but all the ambient creatures and stags will get mounts.

Mounts in WvW confirmed?

in WvW

Zoltreez.6435

Here’s my two cents, we as players will not get mounts, but all the ambient creatures and stags will get mounts.

lold

on a serious note they dont seem THAT mutch faster i dont think they would break anything if they would be implemented…

only the mount abilities need to be dissabled tough….. like the Leaps etc etc….

it would only bring positive stuff like the removing of the Swiftness and passive movement speed addiction….

-Stellaris
-Guild Wars 2

Mounts in WvW confirmed?

in WvW

Posted by: Malerian.8435

Malerian.8435

Honestly my only beef with mounts in WvW is that all but the DBL are just to small for mounts imo. Maybe I am wrong, but I have played many games with mounts, and typically those games have very large maps. Just like PoF is supposed to have.

Mounts in WvW confirmed?

in WvW

Posted by: Krystal.5429

Krystal.5429

I just played beta on the mount, and love it! I really hope they surprise us and give us mounts in WvW Xpac.

Mounts in WvW confirmed?

in WvW

Zoltreez.6435

I just played beta on the mount, and love it! I really hope they surprise us and give us mounts in WvW Xpac.

exactly what i want….

-Stellaris
-Guild Wars 2

Mounts in WvW confirmed?

in WvW

Posted by: Colly.4073

Colly.4073

They add mounts to WvW and i won’t step foot in that game mode again, it’s getting beyond ridiculous.

Mounts in WvW confirmed?

in WvW

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

god I hope they dont

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

Mounts in WvW confirmed?

in WvW

Posted by: psizone.8437

psizone.8437

god I hope they dont

God I hope they do.

Brotherhood of Blub [blub]

Mounts in WvW confirmed?

in WvW

Jayne.9251

Get Maguuma to test it first please.

Mounts in WvW confirmed?

in WvW

Stand The Wall.6987

do you think mounts should retain their speed boost? if not then there goes half the reason for using a mount.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

Mounts in WvW confirmed?

in WvW

Posted by: JackDaniels.1697

JackDaniels.1697

I think the mounts in wvw should be different than the ones pof introduced. Maybe take the charr car and make it available to everyone using the ability system, and tweak it so it is mostly a movement mount.

“I got a fever! And the only prescription, is more COWBELL!”

Mounts in WvW confirmed?

in WvW

Jayne.9251

…and tweak it so it is mostly a movement mount.

lol I can already see the pages upon pages of threads about being ganked then the ganker runs off, trolling etc …

I mean look at how frustrated players were with Nike Warriors.

Mounts in WvW confirmed?

in WvW

Posted by: Fat Disgrace.4275

Fat Disgrace.4275

Fat Disgrace (banned) Man Flu Survivor – war/The Cabbage -Thief (gunners hold / [TaG])

gw1 – healing signet/frenzy/charge

Mounts in WvW confirmed?

in WvW

Jayne.9251

You could at least buy a girl dinner before that!

Mounts in WvW confirmed?

in WvW

Posted by: Sviel.7493

Sviel.7493

Where is this from?

I know it’s fake, but I get nervous when they mention WvW.

Mounts in WvW confirmed?

in WvW

Posted by: ashworth.5763

ashworth.5763

I frigin love the mount movement so much. very unique and the dyes are cool. turn off motion sickness if the movement bugs you too imo

Mounts in WvW confirmed?

in WvW

Posted by: Bart.5023

Bart.5023

For the love of god, dont ever let us use mounts in WvW

XS Bart
Seafarer’s Rest

Mounts in WvW confirmed?

in WvW

Posted by: Sepheiron.4918

Sepheiron.4918

WvW Maps are way too big, running there is really boring. Gliding was a nice start but I really hope for mounts. But then again they should do it like gliding, only allowed in controlled territories. I don’t want a raptor army in front of my garrison.

Mounts in WvW confirmed?

in WvW

Posted by: ThomasC.1056

ThomasC.1056

I’m really sensitive to the argument saying that providing mounts lowers the urge to spam swiftness or equip speed up traits and skills. But it has to be kept as only a speed boost…

As for the trolling issue, I’d say no mounts during combat, maybe no mounts in hostile territory. A neat idea would be to put “stables” in objectives so that you can get a mount only from camps, towers or keeps.

Mounts in WvW confirmed?

in WvW

Posted by: Jumpin Lumpix.6108

Jumpin Lumpix.6108

I hope they add mounts, wvw is boring enough, might as well make it more entertaining.

aka. “The Complainer”

Mounts in WvW confirmed?

in WvW

Posted by: Iroh.9671

Iroh.9671

before I saw this I wasn’t one to believe in such things. Sure, the notion of a stag riding into battle on a raptor was a glorious one! but alas, this sort of thing just didn’t seem possible in the slightest. For one, raptors are extinct! and dear, as agile as they are, haven’t grown proper hands yet! they would need at least 30 more years to involve into something with opposable thumbs. So before seeing this I was never one to keep a camera in my inventory trying to catch a shot of one such being! but since this morning when I saw this, I cant shake the feeling of there being not just one raptor riding stag! but a whole herd! Thank you Mezmere (Nuti) for sharing this and openning our eyes to these creatures that live among us. we will think twice before killing any dear in our borderlands! for if there is a dear there is bound to be a raptor somewhere near by.

Mounts in WvW confirmed?

in WvW

Posted by: Colly.4073

Colly.4073

Mounts will be added to WvW there is no 2 ways about it, Gliding is here and we never thought it would be. The PVE base are taking over.

Mounts in WvW confirmed?

in WvW

Posted by: Ubi.4136

Ubi.4136

You can only mount in territories you control.

Lost in the Maguuma [TC]
Te Nosce [TC]

Mounts in WvW confirmed?

in WvW

Posted by: Last Warrior Lord.7248

Last Warrior Lord.7248

Mounts will be added to WvW there is no 2 ways about it, Gliding is here and we never thought it would be. The PVE base are taking over.

Technically wvw is both pve and pvp…… so pve was part of it sense day one in 2012. I like that they added gliding and mounts would be even more useful. The thief or any other roamers going to be salty when they cant stealth ghost gank (assuming they’re thiefs) their targets. Let the salt rain over WvW more!

Mounts in WvW confirmed?

in WvW

Posted by: Jumpin Lumpix.6108

Jumpin Lumpix.6108

Ive often said that they should add a conveyor belt or people mover to wvw because of the long run times, from getting from point A to point B, mounts would solve that. Though not as cool as a conveyor belt.

aka. “The Complainer”

Mounts in WvW confirmed?

in WvW

Zoltreez.6435

Ive often said that they should add a conveyor belt or people mover to wvw because of the long run times, from getting from point A to point B, mounts would solve that. Though not as cool as a conveyor belt.

i can allready see this

people in a line stand on the conveyor belt…. at the end there is an enemy zerg waiting for them…

loot…loot….loot…loot…loot…. bah this one run away… loot….loot…

-Stellaris
-Guild Wars 2

Mounts in WvW confirmed?

in WvW

Posted by: Aenaos.8160

Aenaos.8160

No need for mounts really,now that we have gliding.
Maybe if the maps were twice as big.

-Win a pip,lose a pip,win a pip,lose a pip,lose a pip,
lose a pip,win 2 pips,lose a pip,lose a pip…………..-
-Go go Espartz.-

Mounts in WvW confirmed?

in WvW

Stand The Wall.6987

my biggest concerns are
a] a lot more lag
b] anet keeps the movement speed bonus and makes taking stuff from bigger servers impossible
c] anet keeps the mount jump and takes forever to fix glitches / exploits
d] clutter. not a big deal to some but its really annoying to me when I turn a corner and see a ton of enemies with tons of siege, only to see that’s its server x and theyre not a threat. also prolonged engagements with tons of clutter gets tiring quickly. its already pretty bad with so many enemies. yeah in case you were wondering at the end of a zerg fight I’m gasping for air. its a condition called cluttoritis.

Mounts in WvW confirmed?

in WvW

Mezmere.3241

Guys for the record, this post was just to show the amazing bugged stag I found, riding a mount trying to kill everyone who damaged it. But I do agree that mounts in WvW wouldn’t be a bad thing, so long as they use a system such as territories, and it is on the desert bl or a larger bl they add later? (hint hint wink wink)

Mounts in WvW confirmed?

in WvW

Posted by: Krystal.5429

Krystal.5429

I posted my reply after i did the bata test… soon as u go in combat the mount vanishes, and u cant get back on till you are completely outa combat… I love it.. all they need to do is adjust the abilities, speed and so on like they did with gliding. (i’d trade gliding for mounts in WvW!). If gliding fits in wvw mounts certainly do IMO!

Mounts in WvW confirmed?

in WvW

Posted by: Keviin Snow.5760

Keviin Snow.5760

Its hard to deny it now, ArenaNet has chosen this stag to showcase its new WvW mounts.
Sorry for xpack spoilers

I HOPE NOT , with mount in wvw
server can just jump over wall and never have to use siege again

Mounts in WvW confirmed?

in WvW

Posted by: LetoII.3782

LetoII.3782

As an Asura of some standing I fully expect/demand saddled Norns as a mount option.

Mounts in WvW confirmed?

in WvW

Posted by: Kai.6317

Kai.6317

If they add mounts to wvw then the people that dont buy the expansion wont be able to compete.

Mounts in WvW confirmed?

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Trejgon.2809

Lord Trejgon.2809

Where is this from?

I know it’s fake, but I get nervous when they mention WvW.

as far as I have understood they grabbed HoT announcement footage and all recordings of everything those guys said ever, and cut-pasted it word by word with some notable exceptions of actuall phrases being used. as far as I can tell they could even get WvW parts from core game launch stuff.

“-Shield is meant to be broken!”
“-and on this occasion I keep mine plate armors”
discussion about offensive/deffensive playstyles

Mounts in WvW confirmed?

in WvW

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

It’s adorable that people think the WvW server hamsters could handle 3 zergs of mounted players on a map.

The game can’t even handle mini pets past a certain player population. It even used to be a tactic to have them out to trigger culling and make your zerg invisible to the enemy back when that was a thing.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

Mounts in WvW confirmed?

in WvW

Posted by: Tongku.5326

Tongku.5326

Pros and cons of it with some questions

Will WvW mounts have their special abilities or just mount for speed / transport ?

If former then I do not want them in WvW, but if only the latter then it would be actually very nice.

Based on the current beta, mounts used for transport will be still slower then a lot of classes / builds using high mobility builds today. This will alleviate a lot of the swiftness imbalance and ceirtain classes / builds having to run either speed runes or traitlines / utilities that do not fit with their build / playstyle / theme. it won’t solve these issues, but would be a step in the right direction.

So my vote is yes for transport mounts, no to mounted combat or OP specials in general.

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF

Mounts in WvW confirmed?

in WvW

Zoltreez.6435

If they add mounts to wvw then the people that dont buy the expansion wont be able to compete.

Gliding….
Elite Specs…..

-Stellaris
-Guild Wars 2

Mounts in WvW confirmed?

in WvW

Posted by: Malerian.8435

Malerian.8435

I hope they add mounts, wvw is boring enough, might as well make it more entertaining.

Sorry but if you find WvW boring then you are doing it wrong lol. So many epic fights, how could one be bored???

Mounts in WvW confirmed?

in WvW

Posted by: caveman.5840

caveman.5840

do I want mounts in wvw … no not really !— combat will become kind of lame like tera where people will hop on a mount and constantly run from u till there cool downs are done and it just becomes a game of hopping on your mount fight run hop on your mount again and so on …. it becomes as ridiculous as https://youtu.be/YoZHW8m0zWU

but judging by the size of the newer red boarder land I think we will see mounts in wvw

they may change green and blue border maps to there own unique zones that will be equally large

(edited by caveman.5840)

Mounts in WvW confirmed?

in WvW

Zoltreez.6435

do I want mounts in wvw … no not really !— combat will become kind of lame like tera where people will hop on a mount and constantly run from u till there cool downs are done and it just becomes a game of hopping on your mount fight run hop on your mount again and so on

but judging by the size of the newer red boarder land I think we will see mounts in wvw

they may change green and blue border maps to there own unique zones that will be equally large

you cant mount until your not fully out of combat…. sooo thats not how it will work….

-Stellaris
-Guild Wars 2

Mounts in WvW confirmed?

in WvW

caveman.5840

it is pretty easy to use your movement skills to get out of combat for a second …. tera does the samething and it is a total circus

note some classes will be much better at this than others

(edited by caveman.5840)

Mounts in WvW confirmed?

in WvW

Posted by: Blockhead Magee.3092

Blockhead Magee.3092

Mounts are garbage, so I fully expect them to be put in wvw.

SBI

Mounts in WvW confirmed?

in WvW

Zoltreez.6435

it is pretty easy to use your movement skills to get out of combat for a second …. tera does the same thing and it is a total circus

if you can get out of combat with your mobilities and utilities away from the enemy it just means you would have escaped and run away anyway so mounts wont make a difference in it especialy when your enemy also can mount up so its back to being fair lol…..

Thiefs for example can dodge roll teleport accross half the zone away from you if he wants to anytime….

-Stellaris
-Guild Wars 2

Mounts in WvW confirmed?

in WvW

caveman.5840

it is pretty easy to use your movement skills to get out of combat for a second …. tera does the same thing and it is a total circus

if you can get out of combat with your mobilities and utilities away from the enemy it just means you would have escaped and run away anyway so mounts wont make a difference in it especialy when your enemy also can mount up so its back to being fair lol…..

Thiefs for example can dodge roll teleport accross half the zone away from you if he wants to anytime….

just because u can get out of combat for a SECOND does not mean u
“escaped and could run away anyway” but with a mount sure would be a heck of lot a easier now wouldn’t it lol !

(edited by caveman.5840)

Mounts in WvW confirmed?

in WvW

Zoltreez.6435

just because u can get out of combat for a SECOND does not mean u
“escaped and could run away anyway” but with a mount sure would be a heck of lot a easier lol !

If you got out of combat you got out of combat if its only for a Second it means you were in range of the enemy and got attacked instantly again…

well if that happens the moment you mount up you will be dismounted because your back to combat……

so again there is no issue here…. or are you teling me under that 1 sec you mount up while avoiding the enemies dmg and also run away out of range… under that ONE second ? then you were all ready in a position where you could have run away without a mount also…

either that or your a Quicksilver + Flash Hybrid.

-Stellaris
-Guild Wars 2

(edited by Zoltreez.6435)

Mounts in WvW confirmed?

in WvW

caveman.5840

it does not play out well it becomes pretty ridiculous just look at how it plays out in tera it does not sound like much but it ends up becoming pretty lame

maybe if there was a timer before u can use a mount after leaving combat it would not be as much of a circus act- but if all u need to do is leave combat for one second to use your mount this will be a joke