Mounts in WvW

Mounts in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: alairus.4521

alairus.4521

I know I’m getting ahead of myself, but I believe they should add mounts to WVW with the same rules as gliding and the territories. I also think the mounts, the raptor since it already has an attack ability, come with a knock down so it feels like a real cavalry charge. This ability of course wouldn’t work on a person with sability, only removing one stack. What do you guys think? Just food for thought….

Mounts in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

Would be cool to do mount stuff, but the maps are way too small for that.

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

Mounts in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: xikira.3264

xikira.3264

The lag would be awful we already have problems as it is.

“My potions are too strong for you, traveler.”
Potion Sella

Mounts in WvW

in WvW

alairus.4521

Why would the lag be awful? You dismount after you use the ability…

Mounts in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Trejgon.2809

Lord Trejgon.2809

can I finally get my siege devourer please? :P

[this is pretty much the only mount I could think of making any sense in evnironment of current WvW maps – issue is tho that it woudl be purely combat/siege tool not a mobility tool aking to PvE mounts so I’m not sure if this could pass like this]

“-Shield is meant to be broken!”
“-and on this occasion I keep mine plate armors”
discussion about offensive/deffensive playstyles

Mounts in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Sonja Teh Trapper.7012

Sonja Teh Trapper.7012

well on august 18th to 20 they be testing the new elites an professions! why not add mounts to that weekend as well?!

Mounts in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Trejgon.2809

Lord Trejgon.2809

well on august 18th to 20 they be testing the new elites an professions! why not add mounts to that weekend as well?!

is it confirmed tho that we’ll be abel to test new elites in wvw tho?

[and then if it is – I think that sudden stream of people randomly testing new stuff will mess with WvW more than enought to add more aviation fuel to the fire….]

“-Shield is meant to be broken!”
“-and on this occasion I keep mine plate armors”
discussion about offensive/deffensive playstyles

Mounts in WvW

in WvW

alairus.4521

That would be nice to see if they do add mounts to WvW. Idk how fast the mounts would be, but I’m sure it wouldn’t be much faster than swiftness. Maybe 30% increase in movement speed….

Mounts in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: trailofsalt.6571

trailofsalt.6571

If it happens I would say it’s probably more than a year post expansion. That’s basically how long gliding took. If it becomes highly requested ArenaNet’s WvW team will probably look into the work required to make it possible and weigh that against cost and resources. Apparently, gliding seemed worth the time, effort, and resources for a much-requested feature.

I smash “1” for greatness… (òÓ,)

Mounts in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Magnuzone.8395

Magnuzone.8395

To be honest now, and it applies to many other things. Not saying Im against this or anything but…

If it gets highly requested they will look into it, forgetting that the lifeblood of WvW isnt the casual player that want a mount, or the one that welcome gliding, but those that rather wants skill balance and fun and engaging fights.

So they implement these flashy new things into WvW, without even try to please the hardcore crowd (which Im not even near to belong to).

And without a locomotive there is nothing to pull the train.

Mounts in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Malerian.8435

Malerian.8435

I think all but the DBL are just to small for it. What I want is underwater map in WvW that is twice the size of the DBL. With underwater mounts like sharks and stuff lol.

Mounts in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Colly.4073

Colly.4073

Please no mounts, there is already too much PvE fluff in WvW as it is.

Mounts in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

Please no mounts, there is already too much PvE fluff in WvW as it is.

Like weapons and armour and skills and…

Mounts in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: xikira.3264

xikira.3264

Why would the lag be awful? You dismount after you use the ability…

The moment a zerg is nearby it causes lag like crazy especially if it is a server your up against like black gate. You don’t have to be in combat to feel the lag just be near them. If they are running their zergs on mounts that lag is just going to get worse.

“My potions are too strong for you, traveler.”
Potion Sella

Mounts in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

aren’t golems already like a mounts?

we need actually more stuff like that instead the transmogriffers -_-#

charrrrrpanza 1 allowed per server 30 minutes to change BL

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.