Mounts mean big WvW Maps?

in WvW

Posted by: Thrumdi.9216

Thrumdi.9216

Former WvW player here, who hasn’t played the game in ages, but is coming back for PoF.

Here’s my question, speculation, imagining, vision, whatever you want to call it.

With mounts in the game, does that make big DAoC-size WvW maps a possibility down the line?

Thrumdi, Captain of The Tarnished Coastguard

The ultimate GW2 troll.

in WvW

Posted by: SloRules.3560

SloRules.3560

No mounts in WvW, EVER.

in WvW

Posted by: Sviel.7493

Sviel.7493

WvW map size is limited by technical things, apparently. Thus, they aren’t going to be getting any bigger.

Also, I doubt mounts will be a thing in WvW.

in WvW

Posted by: xikira.3264

xikira.3264

When hot came out people asked the same thing on gliding in wvw. Anet responded that wvw was not built for gliding because it would allow people to just glide into other peoples towers and keeps. I am sure they are not going to allow mounts because of the same reason. On top to the mounts possibly letting you into areas you dont own there is also the huge issue with lag. We are already laggy as it is we dont need more things loading in. That is what mounts will be causing lags and crashing. I hope they do not add them to wvw its bad enough its going to cause lag in crowded areas of pve.

“My potions are too strong for you, traveler.”
Potion Sella

in WvW

Posted by: Baldrick.8967

Baldrick.8967

When hot came out people asked the same thing on gliding in wvw. Anet responded that wvw was not built for gliding because it would allow people to just glide into other peoples towers and keeps. I am sure they are not going to allow mounts because of the same reason. On top to the mounts possibly letting you into areas you dont own there is also the huge issue with lag. We are already laggy as it is we dont need more things loading in. That is what mounts will be causing lags and crashing. I hope they do not add them to wvw its bad enough its going to cause lag in crowded areas of pve.

And yet, here comes gliding.

Mounts are just disguised jump mechanics hidden behind a mastery wall. Give it a couple years, ‘mounts’ will be useable in wvw.

WvW player. Doing another world completion for my next Legendary. Hater of mini-games.

in WvW

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

WvW isn’t totally like a openworld pvp map.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com