Moving server without the cost of gems

in WvW

Posted by: Leaa.2943

Leaa.2943

I seen this come up a lot so i would like to mention for all those that don’t know this, but you can move your account without paying one single gem for it. What you will have to do is to delete all your characters. All of them. If you have legendaries or ascended gear or weapons, place them on your bank to together with everything else you want to save.
Gold, laurels and everything else are ofc also saved, WvW rank is saved. And when all this is done and all characters are gone, you go to server selection and you can make your move without paying anything for it.

You will have to level your characters on the new server ofc, which goes fast if you powerlevel. Many have level scrolls on their bank anyway so if you do just use them when you are on the new server.

Things that do not get saved, is your crafting progression. It will go down to zero and you have to level them all up again.

If WvW is your thing, and you are unhappy at your server but can’t afford to move, then this might be the way for you. It is ofc not the best way, but sometines it still might be worth it, depending on how you feel about the server you are on.

in WvW

Posted by: Infusion.7149

Infusion.7149

All the lower tiers below T3 should have had the one-time option to do so for free when HoT launched with the new maps IMO (provided HoT was purchased). The player would be paying for HoT, charging again for for the server transfer is expecting a lot if they have time invested in their characters.

Keep in mind you won’t get any of the birthday presents and such. It’s not just crafting, exploration, etc.

If the player isn’t 100% focused on WvW and PvP they have a lot to lose.

Desolation (EU) → Yak’s Bend (US)
In your backline: Elementalist+Mesmer+Necromancer

in WvW

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

Keep in mind you won’t get any of the birthday presents and such. It’s not just crafting, exploration, etc.

This is a big one. I’m actually keeping ancient characters I don’t play or have paid to rename them/re-build them because I figured some of the birthday rewards would end up adding up in the long run.

As it turns out, I wasn’t too wrong with the 3-year present :P

in WvW

Leaa.2943

As i already stated this is not the best way of moving, but if you consider giving up the game because you feel the wvw on your server are not what you want it to be (and trust me there is people in all tiers that feel thi), and you do not want to wait and see if there will ever be a free way, then this is at least a option instead of quitting.

in WvW

Posted by: Swift.1930

Swift.1930

Honestly, now I’m waiting for someone to try this and then come back here and say “TROLLZZ IT DOESN’T WORK”. There goes 6+ lvl 80 characters and (most) of the rewards of 2000 hours of gaming. Honestly, though, if time = money? You’ll pay the gems for the transfer. Seriously.

Edit: okay, maybe not most of the rewards. A lot, though.

Been there, punned that.

Ehmry Bay Guardian

(edited by Swift.1930)

in WvW

Leaa.2943

Honestly, now I’m waiting for someone to try this and then come back here and say “TROLLZZ IT DOESN’T WORK”. There goes 6+ lvl 80 characters and (most) of the rewards of 2000 hours of gaming. Honestly, though, if time = money? You’ll pay the gems for the transfer. Seriously.

Well i have moved 2 accounts this way

Also you guys don’t seem to really read what i write. I have said it two times now, this way is NOT the optimal way to do it. Pay the gems to move is the best thing and i also done this with my mainaccount, so i tried both ways.
BUT if you are stuck on a server, you are miserable on it, you don’t have the money to pay for gems or simply don’t want to pay for it, and you thinking of quitting the game, then this is a option and it do work.

in WvW

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

No, the OP’s not wrong; you can even contact customer support. When a RL friend of mine joined the game, and he joined a server I wasn’t playing on by accident without realizing the consequences, they told him that character deletion was/is/will be an option. That said, because the account was less than a day old, they did move him for free out of kindness for a newbie and respect for real friends playing together rather than having him go through the process of reaching level 10 again.

in WvW

Posted by: Wryscher.1432

Wryscher.1432

No, the OP’s not wrong; you can even contact customer support. When a RL friend of mine joined the game, and he joined a server I wasn’t playing on by accident without realizing the consequences, they told him that character deletion was/is/will be an option. That said, because the account was less than a day old, they did move him for free out of kindness for a newbie and respect for real friends playing together rather than having him go through the process of reaching level 10 again.

I honestly have no idea why you have to select a server at creation. It is pointless. You shouldn’t have to do it until you go into wvw for the first time. Give people a chance to make friends and then select.

[Sane]-Order of the Insane Disorder
Melanessa-Necromancer Cymaniel-Scrapper
Minikata-Guardian Shadyne-Elementalist -FA-

in WvW

Posted by: Nate.3927

Nate.3927

I honestly have no idea why you have to select a server at creation. It is pointless. You shouldn’t have to do it until you go into wvw for the first time. Give people a chance to make friends and then select.

There was a dev comment where he/she basically agrees with this, but also said that changing this isn’t easy or quick. Which makes sense.

in WvW

Posted by: Infusion.7149

Infusion.7149

It used to be that servers determined who you see in PvE. That disappeared with megaservers.

Desolation (EU) → Yak’s Bend (US)
In your backline: Elementalist+Mesmer+Necromancer

in WvW

Posted by: briggah.7910

briggah.7910

Then you come to find out all the friends you made are all on different servers because in pve there is no servers.. Then you’ll have to transfer to play with the friends you just made.

Player Vs Everyone
youtube channel - twitch channel