Moving to Kaineng. Join me!

in WvW

Posted by: Fubuki.7162

Fubuki.7162

I started out, by pure luck, playing on a server that did really well in WvW at launch, but quickly ended up in 3+ hour queue times. After a few days of this I decided losing in WvW would be more fun than waiting in queue, so I started looking for a new home.

I’ve moved a few times since then, ultimately landing on Devona’s Rest, currently the second worst server in GW2 to my knowledge. We don’t win that often but we have fun, at least until around midnight when we all turn into pumpkins. Overall, I really like the Devona’s Rest WvWvW community.

The problem is, since we’re in the bottom 3 we always fight Kaineng, and Kaineng simply doesn’t have the manpower to have a presence in WvW. They can’t even take a supply camp. This makes WvW on Devona’s Rest really predictable as we only ever have one enemy.

Last night I saw two Kaineng people fighting a guard and I bursted out in /cheer. It was the first time since I moved to DR that I’ve seen anyone from that server. I commented on it in /team and someone assured me it must have been a mesmer since there was more one. I didn’t attack, as I decided that if I had killed one of them it probably would have felt like killing a unicorn, and no one wants that on their conscience. I found myself wishing I was out there with them, but was also on my way to bed so I decided to sleep on it.

I decided long ago that losing with the right people can be more fun than winning with the wrong people. I like being the underdog. To me taking out a group of 10 people with a group of 5 people is more fun than zerging a keep with 100 people. This is why I like Devona’s Rest so much I think. But then I see Kaineng and think, time to don my Robin Hood hat (which I imagine would look awesome with my Asuran ears btw if I actually had a Robin Hood Hat), and go lend my guerrilla warfare services to the biggest underdogs of them all. All 2 of them.

I have no expectations that I’m going to move to Kaineng and change anything by myself. I just hope to be able to do my part. If we can get enough people to move and group up, we can start doing some Guerrilla warfare and disrupt the action between the other two servers, to me that would be fun, and hopefully it will make WvWvW feel more like a 3 way (or at least a 2.5 way) battle making it more fun by all.

If you’re fed up with long queue times, dealing with zerg guilds acting like your little guild doesn’t matter, or other annoying things like winning, join me on Kaineng. Together, we can take a supply camp… maybe. (But we can do it without queue times).

See you at server reset (approximately 7:15pm EST).

Sensei Zon / Pong / Broit

in WvW

Posted by: Cimos.4923

Cimos.4923

Good luck pal, win one for David.

in WvW

Posted by: Velron.3729

Velron.3729

Good on you man, I hope more follow suit. Lots more (from the high pop ones not DR lol) I’m on DR and I’m routing for you.

Fragg – Engineer | Lil Zek – Warrior PVP R43
[DA] Decisive Actions – Jade Quarry

in WvW

Posted by: reedtheman.4702

reedtheman.4702

Well if I can get into WvW and make a name for myself i shall go. Seeing as Fort Aspenwoods glory I helped to build in Beta is gone now. I’ll probably bring about the 20 people I play with. Just gotta convince them all to go with me.

That and if we can get WvW anytime im pretty sure alot of people would switch

in WvW

Posted by: Fugly.5287

Fugly.5287

I have spent almost as many hours swapping servers and taking notes of server WvW communities, strategy, and point history, primetime US population, off-hour foreign player population, etc, as I have playing the game. I feel differently. I have yet to find a single server with a fast queue time that has enjoyable WvW. It’s not the players, commanders, or anything like that that eliminates the fun. The problem is the population imbalance. If get into WvW right away, that’s great. But now i’m playing against two servers with a much larger force. That is just stupid. The teams should always be equal in number of players at all times, but that is not the case. WvW population inbalance is very obvious just by observing how completely outnumbered the medium population servers are in WvW.

in WvW

Velron.3729

That’s your opinion. I’m on Devona’s Rest and my guild and I have a BLAST every night while we are on. Sure we lose in points once we log off usually, but while we are on we usually lead the score and have tons of fun doing so.

in WvW

Fugly.5287

WvW needs a much MUCH more advanced player contribution and scoreboard system. Everyone should be able to see their own, or anyone elses contribution to the battle. Whether it be over the last 5 minutes or the last 5 days. This is crucial to resolving the majority of issues my friends and I have. Wouldn’t it be great if you knew that your guildies contributed more in their 3 hours game session than that other guild did in their 6 hours? How about a reward for that success?

in WvW

Posted by: Gao Gao.4973

Gao Gao.4973

good for you man. kaineng seriously needs help. i’ll never understand people that would rather wait 3 hours on jade quarry, when they can get into a fight in 15m or less on a different server.

Baiyun – Necromancer
Member of Talons [BT]
Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Velron.3729

Their point of view is that it’s anet’s fault and they need to fix the queues.

Instead of using the tools provided to escape them themselves.

Super logical.

in WvW

Fugly.5287

Super logical.

I would move to a lower population server right away if I knew that at any time on the WvW battlefield, that my opposing servers also had the exact same number of players. Unfortunately that is not the case.

Would you play sPvP 4v8?

in WvW

Posted by: Porky.5021

Porky.5021

Super logical.

I would move to a lower population server right away if I knew that at any time on the WvW battlefield, that my opposing servers also had the exact same number of players. Unfortunately that is not the case.

Would you play sPvP 4v8?

If you knew at any time the opposing server had the exact same number of players, you wouldn’t need to (or even be able to) move to a lower population server…

Overlord Of [NAKY]
SOS Spy Team Commander [SPY]

in WvW

Fugly.5287

Super logical.

Would you play sPvP 4v8?

If you knew at any time the opposing server had the exact same number of players, you wouldn’t need to (or even be able to) move to a lower population server…

I am refering to WvW battleground population. In case you didn’t notice, the populations are not split 1/3 each. Often the medium population servers (as seen on the server select screen) find themselves far outnumbered on the WvW battlefield.

in WvW

Fubuki.7162

Would you play sPvP 4v8?

It’s clear you define your enjoyment of PVP differently than I do, and that’s perfectly OK. For me it’s not about winning the war, it’s about winning the smaller battles.

Yes, I’d do sPvP 4v8, and I’d lose almost every fight. Once in a while though, I’d pull off that rare win and the feeling would be far greater than any feeling I’d ever enjoy from beating a team I outnumber. Those are the moments I’ve enjoyed most about PVP MMOs over the last 12 years.

My goal is to start small. If we can claim and defend a supply camp within the next few days (and you may laugh) that would be a step in the right direction for Kaineng. I’d feel better about that minor victory than steam rolling another server with greater numbers.

Come join me, see for yourself. You might change your mind.

in WvW

Posted by: Strife.8957

Strife.8957

You know, playing on Kaineng, I’d have to say the issue isn’t so much that we can’t cap anything as that we can’t hold anything we cap. We can only ever have like 10 players moving on any one objective at any time, and it simply isn’t enough considering the other server pops. I don’t even play WvW any more because I can’t stand how almost every time we cap something, it will be uncapped the second we move to the next objective. Honestly, I think every day about moving servers because I simply can’t make progress in WvW on Kaineng.

in WvW

Posted by: Raptor.9863

Raptor.9863

I didn’t attack, as I decided that if I had killed one of them it probably would have felt like killing a unicorn, and no one wants that on their conscience.

El
Oh
El

Raptor – Human Guardian
Northern Shiverpeakes

in WvW

Posted by: micron.5369

micron.5369

Honestly, I think every day about moving servers because I simply can’t make progress in WvW on Kaineng.

Ditto

in WvW

Posted by: Psy.6153

Psy.6153

Dont go to Kaineng, come to Devona’s rest instead. Weve got a lot of wvw guild transfers here. The population is only medium so no queues, but the wvw is amazingly organized and fun with an awesome awesome community. Still get outnumbered heavily in the off hours though, but at peak its simply great!

Portal Bomber of
Sea of Sorrows NA

in WvW

Fubuki.7162

Not too shabby, Kaineng. Not too shabby at all.

The attached screen shot was taken at about as of about 11:00pm. I got about 7 levels tonight between my 4 characters.

Yeah, we’re not going to win. We’re not even going to come in second, but they will know we have a pulse. We held off both DR and FC’s attacks on Kaineng territory at the same time for about 5 hours, and even moved into their territories a few times.

Honestly the most fun I’ve had in GW2 since I started playing beta back in May. I hope it was as fun for FC and DR as it was for us.

Attachments:

in WvW

Fubuki.7162

Dont go to Kaineng, come to Devona’s rest instead. Weve got a lot of wvw guild transfers here. The population is only medium so no queues, but the wvw is amazingly organized and fun with an awesome awesome community. Still get outnumbered heavily in the off hours though, but at peak its simply great!

Did you even read my post? lol

in WvW

Velron.3729

Kaineng was stepping it up tonight, must be getting some more people due to the threads like these.

Things even got fairly even for a bit!

Attachments:

in WvW

Fubuki.7162

For people considering leaving Kaineng because you can’t make any progress, please allow me to offer some other perspectives.

Fact: Last night I got more experience, more badges of honor, and more kills on Kaineng that I did in the full week prior on Devona’s Rest.

A few things to consider:

1) There can only be one #1 server. Everyone else is not it.

2) In order to be at the top, you need be on a server that has a high population of not only NA players but also international players. Whoever takes over EB at 4:00am and upgrades the keeps wins. It’s that simple. It doesn’t really matter what happens between 7:00 and midnight. It’s the skeleton crew that wins the match-up. When you wake up in the morning and the enemy owns the whole map and has cannons and other siege equipment everywhere you go and you’re already down by 50K points, it’s over.

3) If you’re on a server that has one of these high international communities, expect to be in queue for a really long time. If you decide to play an alt, expect to go right back to the end of the queue. I was on one of the top 3 servers when I started, and went 4 days in a row being unable to get into WvW due to my limited play schedule.

4) When you dominate a map, you have less people to fight and less resources to take. I’ve waited hours to get in WvW just to have no keeps to take and no one to fight. It’s pretty boring.

In contrast, on Kaineng you always have someone to fight. You always have resources to recapture. You never have to wait in queue. You guys showed last night that you have enough people to put up a good brawl, and there are definitely benefits to be earned when you do that.

I think if you try the higher pop servers, experience the queue times, or even experience winning on a dominant server once in a while you’ll realize that as long as you guys keep showing up in Kaineng like you did last night, win or lose, we’re probably having as much fun as anyone else in the game (and more than most), regardless of the server.

Just my $0.02 on the matter. Your mileage may vary. Tax and tags not included. See dealer for complete details.

P.S. I met up with some guys from a guild called [Nuke] last night. They invited me and my wife to group with them, and eventually gave us a guild invite. We had a lot of fun with these guys. They work well together in battle, stick together, and have fun even in the face of certain defeat. It definitely made my experience more enjoyable. If you guys are needing a guild for WvW, look them up.

in WvW

Posted by: vonszass.8502

vonszass.8502

WvW needs a much MUCH more advanced player contribution and scoreboard system. Everyone should be able to see their own, or anyone elses contribution to the battle.

Good idea, but please no emphasis on kill/death ratio. Games with that usually tend to be fragfests where teamgoals are secondary.

Things I’d like to see for example is time spent in (conquered) objectives (in combination with a motion-check) to reward defenders/patrollers as well. It’s no use conquering areas while you lose those behind the lines/other side of map.

in WvW

Posted by: kingxcon.5607

kingxcon.5607

Blame ArenaNet for bringing the “Kaineng” back LATE. IF, They put every Server From the start this shouldn’t be a problem.

We was originally from Kaineng Server and i was one of the commander from beta’s. Many people asking me if im coming back. Alot of people Applying to join my guild knowing that im in Kaineng. Unfortunately, im not.

I will discuss this to my member if they wanted to switch. But.. Population helps alot in WvW and PvE.. And we are not “that” Hardcore in WvW so it wont help much anyway.. Well good luck there.. I will try to switch if everyone wants. KingXcon[WF]

Sanctum of Rall | Warrior | [WF]-Leader | Part-time (Commander)
The real leader has no need to lead—
he is content to point the way. INFRONT OF THE BATTLEFIELD!!! -Kingxcon

in WvW

Posted by: Strongfort.2451

Strongfort.2451

My small guild would join you on the server if we were not going to lose our weeks of upgrades and influence earned.

The fact that we’d have to start from scratch after so many points earned and spent is just ridiculous.

in WvW

Velron.3729

You earn them faster on a server where you actually get in without queues though? ;P

On a different note. OMG WTF! Kaineng night capped everything?! lol Awesome!

Actually looks like FC probably night capped everything as usual and held it all night…and maybe Kaineng has early morning crew out there taking it all right now?

Devona’s always great in prime time and loses as soon as midnight hits lol

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Kyma Grey.9410

Kyma Grey.9410

Hello Ex-Kinmate and Officer, good to see you here. Hope, you and your better half are having fun with Guild Wars 2!

It is somehow strange, not to be in the same Kinship anymore. Most from the other Game are on Borlis Pass and Blackgate, if you decide to transfer again that is.

Ex-Guardian Kyma
Cheerio!

Darkroom JP Annoyance http://is.gd/erW1Ov
AMD 13.×.beta4 Test http://is.gd/mRomyO

in WvW

Velron.3729

Just entered EB and I have an outmanned buff. What early morning wave just transferred to Kaineing?

in WvW

Fubuki.7162

Blame ArenaNet for bringing the “Kaineng” back LATE. IF, They put every Server From the start this shouldn’t be a problem.

Eredon’s Terrace went live at the same time as Kaineng. They are now ranked #3 in North America.

in WvW

Fubuki.7162

Just entered EB and I have an outmanned buff. What early morning wave just transferred to Kaineing?

I have no idea, but I just logged in and went to hop in WvWvW, and I’M IN QUEUE AT 10:13 am, and Kaineng’s taking over the map.

I may have to swap back to Devona’s Rest. haha

in WvW

Velron.3729

SoS guild, whoever that is. That’s the big morning shift going on right now on Kaineng.

in WvW

Posted by: Lucubration.8361

Lucubration.8361

D’oh! And here I just transferred to Devona’s from Sorrow’s Furnace to find a tighter and more organized WvW community. Sounds like things are evening up a bit more, though? If so, that’s great.

in WvW

Posted by: Splintrr.7391

Splintrr.7391

We captured Stonemist for about 45 minutes today(yesterday) lost our 2 supply lines and abandoned it to protect Overlook.

Dead last place overall, the only way we can go is up. THIS… IS… KAINENG!

Feralblood(Guardian) Splintrr(Ranger)
Warsworn [WAR], Dragonbrand
Evermoor Alliance

in WvW

Velron.3729

D’oh! And here I just transferred to Devona’s from Sorrow’s Furnace to find a tighter and more organized WvW community. Sounds like things are evening up a bit more, though? If so, that’s great.

You made a good move…just wait until you see what things look like tomorrow after reset.

Kaineng needs help, but its not like Devona’s doesn’t still need people as well. We are very active about our trying to expand our WvW community.

in WvW

Posted by: Helheimr.2485

Helheimr.2485

Being on the bottom in WvW is SIGNIFICANTLY more fun and rewarding than the wonderful 3-5 hour queue times and rolling around with a zerg on the “winning” servers.

On Kaineng, you can grab a keep, tower and some supply lines with a small group of people, fortify them and then farm the mindless zergs that come. Yesterday ~20 players massacred a massive zerg of ~150 and it was glorious.

In the 3-4 days I’ve been on the server I’ve earned 700+ badges of honor for a couple hours a day of WvW. I had gotten like 40ish while on Jade Quarry over the course of weeks.

in WvW

Velron.3729

We too on Devona’s love to defend a keep and farm the FC zerg lol

Look at me assuming we never have mindless zergs just bc I haven’t seen them hah

in WvW

Posted by: Draygo.9473

Draygo.9473

kaineng has mindless zergs only on its borderlands, everywhere else is peaches.

Kaineng still has the goal of getting to second place, at least once.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

in WvW

Posted by: gandhigonewild.3645

gandhigonewild.3645

Every time I’ve seen Kaineng organize a push it has been promptly crushed by the two other servers pushing together.

Level 80 Norn Warrior
Kætilmund [LaZy] -Kaineng

in WvW

Posted by: Fury.6248

Fury.6248

I would bring my guild there in a heartbeat if we did not lose the things my guild unlocked and had to start over.

Dragonbrand Server
Devious(DVS)

in WvW

Posted by: gandhigonewild.3645

gandhigonewild.3645

Average Kaineng experience: 12 people hopelessly trying to fight a zerg

Attachments:

Level 80 Norn Warrior
Kætilmund [LaZy] -Kaineng

in WvW

Posted by: Mug.9403

Mug.9403

In contrast, on Kaineng you always have someone to fight. You always have resources to recapture. You never have to wait in queue. You guys showed last night that you have enough people to put up a good brawl, and there are definitely benefits to be earned when you do that.

This is correct and why we transferred a couple of weeks ago to another server. We would rather lose as a group than never play together… we end up fighting alot of people… I see it as more badges! Everyone else should remember you’ll always be fighting the other low pop servers too!

Also, the number 1 server wont stay that way for any amount of time. The queues dictate it!

I’ll salute you when I see you out there!

in WvW

Posted by: Mug.9403

Mug.9403

I honestly feel like Devona’s Rest and Kaineg and maybe even Fergie all be smashed into one server. It’d give us the population to compete and solve the vicious cycle that is the last bracket.

uh… please no.

in WvW

Draygo.9473

It wouldnt work because anet always needs multiples of 3’s for servers. Essentially some server would have to get a ‘bye’ if that happened and not play wvw at all.

Something arenanet said they will never do.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

in WvW

Posted by: Danigar.3795

Danigar.3795

Seriously considering joining you. If I can convince my small guild to come a long. Is there a guild set up there for WvW or what is the situation?

in WvW

Draygo.9473

No, were starting to get some really good coordination on EB. Were sticking out a spectacular fight so far, i’m sure we will lose everything by morning to the other servers night zerg. Devona’s also doesnt have a night force at all. We just finished a 2 hour long siege of stonemist, where NSP managed to win because they had a lot more people than we did. But we still got in there.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

in WvW

Draygo.9473

We still need transfers to kaineng, we are the most outnumbered server.

And we are beating larger servers in fights, so that means were awesome right?

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

in WvW

Posted by: Mr Girly Man.6893

Mr Girly Man.6893

Haha, love this server. If you want to actually make a difference and cap some places, it is so easy to lead the mindless zerg around (forget about holding, though). Just try to keep them away from those middle gates in the keeps. Gotten 1-80 on Kaineng. I have never experienced a wait queue; don’t even know what they look like. This… is… KAINENG!!!

in WvW

Draygo.9473

We defend things on EB, we had a very strong defensive network setup last night with trebs at different towers to cover other towers, even if a tower gets taken we treb it and retake it easily. I noticed the mindless on our borderlands never defend. I gave up on them though.

Running around with map and team chat off and never looking is always a bad idea.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

in WvW

Draygo.9473

And i’m going to give a shoutout to DAWN, they were a pleasure to work with till they started logging off to bed.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

in WvW

Posted by: Helheimr.2485

Helheimr.2485

Ha, thanks. We have a decent number of players, but our 12-15 people coordinating can annihilate enemy zergs of 60+ players in open field combat.

Plus 3 shotting other players, even 80s as a deathstar mesmer is a ton of fun!

in WvW

Posted by: kyla.8524

kyla.8524

There is a WvWvW presence on kaineng, we are trying to come together with all the different guilds:) visit http://www.kainengunited.com/ to join in the efforts!