Multiple accounts and WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Dayra.7405

Dayra.7405

Multiple accounts become more and more frequent. People in the forum talked about having 30 accounts as buying an account for 10€ pays of for a frequent gold buyers in 3 month. In fact buying a new account for 10€ (~800 gems) is much cheaper than transferring (~1800 gems for most worlds) and in fact it’s not only a oneway ticket, after you bough a new account for another world you can freely choose where to play.

But thats not the only consequence, there are others so let’s find out how serious the problem is:

• How frequent is that now, i.e. do YOU have accounts on multiple worlds? (So far I don’t, but I am thinking about having 1 account for EU and 1 for NA)
  • If yes: on how many different worlds?
  • And for how many different worlds do you play WvW?
  • How do you decide for which world do you play?
  • Did it happen that you had accounts on different servers of the same match?
  • Do you have any server loyalty?
  • Do you have several computer and did you used your multiple accounts for spying or even trolling?
  • Do you have a “Nomad”-account, i.e. use it for free-tranfer by deleting all chars in it?
  • Should we have a tournament again, how will you decide for which world you play?

And looking into the future:

• How will WvW work in the future if very many will have accounts on many worlds?
  • Will multiple-accounts increase the fair-weather-play phenomena?
  • How stable will the ranking/matchmaking be, if many players switch the team often?
  • Do transfer costs more than twice as high than a new account make sense?
Ceterum censeo SFR esse delendam!

(edited by Dayra.7405)

in WvW

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

Multiple accounts become more and more frequent. People in the forum talked about having 30 accounts as buying an account for 10€ pays of for a frequent gold buyers in 3 month. In fact buying a new account for 10€ (~800 gems) is much cheaper than transferring (~1800 gems for most worlds) and in fact it’s not only a oneway ticket, after you bough a new account for another world you can freely choose where to play.

But thats not the only consequence, there are others so let’s find out how serious the problem is:

• How frequent is that now, i.e. do YOU have accounts on multiple worlds? (So far I don’t, but I am thinking about having 1 account for EU and 1 for NA)
  • Do you have several computer and did you used your multiple accounts for spying or even trolling?
  • Do you have a “Nomad”-account, i.e. use it for free-tranfer by deleting all chars in it?
  • Should we have a tournament again, how will you decide for which world you play?

• How will WvW work in the future if very many will have accounts on many worlds?
  • I have multiple accounts
  • 5 different servers
  • I mainly play 2, YB has become my guilty pleasure (they’re actually really nice people)
  • If nothing is happening on one world, I try the others
  • Yes, 2 are frequently in the same match
  • No, I don’t have server loyalty, the design of this mode doesn’t rate it.
  • No, I don’t care enough to spy/troll, I’d rather kill people I know and send them <3<3<3 or laugh with them about it in TS
  • No I don’t have a nomad account because leveling to 80 sucks.
  • Where ever I can find action since I don’t bother with the tournament events anyway.
  • I don’t really know Dayra, I suspect not much will change since I think that ship has sailed
  • Yes it does, they make money regardless. New or vet players buying accounts and vets not wanting to stay on dying WvWvW servers and grind for gold will make them cash either way.

On a side note, the hype for the expansion seems to be dying. The maps are drying up again and there is no release date, it’s not looking great for WvWvW. Meh.

Whispers with meat.

in WvW

Posted by: pandora.8475

pandora.8475

That How the t1 guilds still in t1 and match fix all time they have alt account on two severe and have crossed severs playing against eachother

in WvW

Posted by: DarthMcCoy.8657

DarthMcCoy.8657

How frequent is that now, i.e. do YOU have accounts on multiple worlds? (So far I don’t, but I am thinking about having 1 account for EU and 1 for NA)yes
If yes: on how many different worlds?1 on every T2 server and 1 on TC, so 4
And for how many different worlds do you play WvW? 4
How do you decide for which world do you play? Whoever has the lowest queues, or if my home server (YB) is being hit too hard by the bad people.
Did it happen that you had accounts on different servers of the same match? All the time
Do you have any server loyalty? Yes, YB is and will always be my home.
Do you have several computer and did you used your multiple accounts for spying or even trolling? No point in trolling, spying, just play for fun.
Do you have a “Nomad”-account, i.e. use it for free-transfer by deleting all chars in it?Nope
Should we have a tournament again, how will you decide for which world you play? Yes, and Yak’s Bend, because no server is better than Yak’s Bend.

How will WvW work in the future if very many will have accounts on many worlds?Won’t change much, it is already this way
Will multiple-accounts increase the fair-weather-play phenomena?Only if PVE’ers do it and join WvW
How stable will the ranking/matchmaking be, if many players switch the team often?Would probably be better to stabilize a tier rather than having a server queue 4 maps while the other 2 only queue 1 or none
Do transfer costs more than twice as high than a new account make sense?Yes, you keep your armors, suits, unlocks, etc so you start with a huge advantage

(edited by DarthMcCoy.8657)

in WvW

Posted by: Kanebrake.6192

Kanebrake.6192

How frequent is that now, i.e. do YOU have accounts on multiple worlds? (So far I don’t, but I am thinking about having 1 account for EU and 1 for NA)
If yes: on how many different worlds?
And for how many different worlds do you play WvW?
How do you decide for which world do you play?
Did it happen that you had accounts on different servers of the same match?
Do you have any server loyalty?
Do you have several computer and did you used your multiple accounts for spying or even trolling?
Do you have a “Nomad”-account, i.e. use it for free-tranfer by deleting all chars in it?
Should we have a tournament again, how will you decide for which world you play?

1) Yes, 4 accounts.

2) NSP, SoS, FA, SFR

3) 2 (NSP and SoS)

4) NSP is my main so I play that 90% of the time

5) Yes. I play my NSP account when that happens. SoS I don’t think would mind but NSP definitely gets a bit upset if you’re playing both accounts when matched like that.

6) Not like I did before mega-servers.

7) No.

8) No but I could delete characters on my FA or SFR accounts without much pain as they’re only leveled into the low 30s.

9) I’ll play wherever my main is. NSP at the moment.

How will WvW work in the future if very many will have accounts on many worlds?
Will multiple-accounts increase the fair-weather-play phenomena?
How stable will the ranking/matchmaking be, if many players switch the team often?
Do transfer costs more than twice as high than a new account make sense?

1) Probably the same as it is now.

2) People will put effort into the server that is most likely to win. There are no incentives to lose.

3) As stable as they are now… Or put a better way, not stable at all.

4) No they don’t but Anet has never, to my knowledge, indicated they had any intention of changing the xfer fee business model they are using.

BG

in WvW

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

I have 30 accounts spread across different servers, but I havent made any use of it yet.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

in WvW

Posted by: Zephyra.4709

Zephyra.4709

I have 30 accounts spread across different servers, but I havent made any use of it yet.

So that’s $300 just sitting there doing nothing?

I genuinely don’t understand why people do this other than what OP mentioned; gold selling purposes and/or spying.

What a waste of time, money and space. Someone else could’ve gotten into a higher up server (DB for example) to be with their friends for wvw purposes. Jeeze.

in WvW

Dayra.7405

Sitting and doing nothing earns you money in GW2
Login once a day ~ 50g per month (40 laurels per month via daily => buy T6mats for laurels). That’s what I meant with it pays off for regularly gold buyers after 3 month. And 30 accounts looks like a quite extensive gem/gold buyer. I would not even have an idea what I should do with 1500g per month

(edited by Dayra.7405)

in WvW

Posted by: Zephyra.4709

Zephyra.4709

Login once a day ~ 50g per month (40 laurels per month via daily => buy T6mats for laurels). That’s what I meant with it pays off for regularly gold buyers after 3 month. And 30 accounts looks like a quite extensive gem/gold buyer. I would not even have an idea what I should do with 1500g per month

Thank you for explaining; I see how that profits people with multiple accounts now. It is a rather.. Shrewd way of gold making.

in WvW

Posted by: Dhemize.8649

Dhemize.8649

Thank you for explaining; I see how that profits people with multiple accounts now. It is a rather.. Shrewd way of gold making.

Bonus: It’s even better when you have your accounts camped at JP magnificent chests, too. When you do your daily login you’ll farm a lot more gold just by pressing F.

As for the OP, this smells like a trap. lol We’re all good little boys and girls, right?

in WvW

Dayra.7405

We’re all good little boys and girls, right?

Good little boys and girls go to heaven (fast), the others go everywhere (rule the world since and for a long time).

(That isn’t from me, it’s an adaptation of a song title http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Good_Girls_Go_to_Heaven_)

More serious: I do not see any good or bad in many accounts. And this thread is not a matter of good and bad as well. It’s a matter of myth vs reality. I prefer to know the reality than believing in a myth.

(edited by Dayra.7405)

in WvW

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

I already have plans for the next 100k gold or so. Maxing out my wardrobe is expensive.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

in WvW

Posted by: Jayden Ennok.3687

Jayden Ennok.3687

When I recall the recent posts on T1 OS farming, see your sig, it does make sense you prefer to buy 30 accounts and spend your gaming time logging into them daily, for the sake of maxing wardrobe.

Underworld Vabbi 1.5yr

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

I picked up a second account in Summer of 2013 during a 50% off sale to play on. At the time, most people I knew who had multiple accounts used them to spy and didn’t invest any time in leveling. I got a bunch of low-AP spy accounts in my contact list that haven’t been logged into in ages. It only seems more common now because more people are open to disclose they have multiple accounts. The $10 sales help too!

When you say multiple accounts is a problem, my response as always is, “Don’t violate my game mode.” It is the closest thing to having open world PvP without spending a lot on transfer fees. Having multiple accounts doesn’t mean someone is doing something nefarious with them. There’s nothing functionally different from a single account transferring to another server to spy.

My first account is currently on Borlis Pass and I use it to tour the various servers in order to get a wider perspective of WvW without relying on just what others say about it. My second account is on Fort Aspenwood, the server that I began this game on. I recently picked up a third account solely to play in EU because I miss it from when I had my first account there.

All of them.

Fort Aspenwood is the server I began the game in and still have a lot of friends on. So I regularly play WvW on Fort Aspenwood.

Yes. That’s the open world PvP part. You get to fight against people you know and sometimes that is more fun than fighting anonymous people.

Yes.

It is a stupid question because even single account owners can use their account for spying and trolling.

No, but I know some players who do this and they are single account owners.

Every world I have an account on.

The same way it does now. You are forgetting the guild factor. Players will play most on the world where their guild is. Or they will at least be playing with their guild during rally times, which is what even single account owners do.

• Will multiple-accounts increase the fair-weather-play phenomena?

Not anymore than they have since launch. The quality/state of WvW has way more effect on whether players fair-weather than the number of accounts they have.

• How stable will the ranking/matchmaking be, if many players switch the team often?

Entire guilds transfer during tournaments. You’re considering the wrong source of players switching teams.

Yes. New accounts haven’t built up any value. You essentially start from scratch and have to go through all the crafting, trait unlocking, dailies, etc. all over again. For a lot of veteran players it is far easier to buy another character slot than do all that work again. I almost didn’t get an account for EU because of all that work. So the fact that it costs almost nothing to get a new account helps remove some of that pain.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in WvW

Posted by: rhapsody.3615

rhapsody.3615

I bought a second account primarily for the login rewards, but also so that I can WvW with my guild sometimes. My main account is on Ferguson’s Crossing; my other account is on Dragonbrand and I don’t expect the two to be matched up together any time soon. It’s a little rough starting as a newbie again, having to earn ranks for siege mastery…