My WvW Project.

My WvW Project.

in WvW

Posted by: Evenna.2519

Evenna.2519

Hey guys I am working on a WvW project with my guild. We will be visiting the lower tier servers for a set amount of time and running in WvW. Our goal is not to troll but get a feel of what it is like down at this tier, the positives and negatives and see the differences between each server.

Why am I doing this? I am compiling a report about it and have plans for new ideas in the future with it.

If you have a second account and want to join in,or some ideas or suggestions regarding it, please pm me

My WvW Project.

in WvW

Posted by: Synosius.9876

Synosius.9876

Sounds like a movie plot…

Then you bring one of the savages back to the big city as a specimen. The high society is at first fascinated and then repulsed. A break out occurrs and a long pursuit to recapture animal running amok in the streets. The creatures comes to a tragic demise and the angry mob realizes society was the real monster all along.

Or perhaps give us more details cause I have a vivid imagination.

My WvW Project.

in WvW

Posted by: briggah.7910

briggah.7910

Not sure how big your guild is but please don’t stack on a lower tier servers and help it move up just to leave it to try another server. I’ve done a lot of WvW and when guilds come and go on servers they tend to do more harm than good. My server was always bronze but at some point we were on a roll and we actually made it all the way up to T4 or T3. Been awhile.. Once we hit the wall, guilds started to leave us and well others followed them..

We had to rebuild morale again and we started to move back up in silver but soon we hit that wall again and well even more guilds left us. Most of the people that stuck around are still out there trying to just have fun but if all those other guilds didn’t leave us we probably could be a solid silver server but now we hop back and forth in bronze/silver. The coverage difference is horrible.. We steam roll bronze when we all play yet get steam rolled in silver it seems.. It mainly is the night capping since most wake up to fortified stuff and just go play another game mode.

It’s cool you want to check out each tier but just from what I’ve seen guilds that come to servers, take and brainwash others (lol) and leave us. Us server pride guys (which is almost rare now) are stuck with having to try to rebuild again. Over time some get tired of rebuilding and well leave the servers if not the game completely.

Player Vs Everyone
youtube channel - twitch channel

(edited by briggah.7910)

My WvW Project.

in WvW

Posted by: rhapsody.3615

rhapsody.3615

How large is your guild? I’m with briggah’s opinion- and in lower tiers a group of even just 10 players who are coordinated and play regularly together can make a huge impact, especially if you’re filling in an EU or oceanic time slot.

That said, I have been on a few servers in various tiers and it’s fun to see the differences. So have fun with it and don’t muck us up too badly.

My WvW Project.

in WvW

Posted by: medusashadow.3567

medusashadow.3567

Her said guild is big but only 10 to 15 will be joining her.

My WvW Project.

in WvW

Evenna.2519

I completely understand what you are saying. I had already thought about leaving the servers in better shape then when we came.

Our guild is truly a Mega server guild, in that we have players on SEVERAL WvW servers. My intent is to build what you might consider an outpost of our guild on some of these servers, get the moral up and the ball rolling, I am not going to encourage people on these servers to switch servers, I am going to encourage them to stay be part of our guild and build a faction of us there, that we will visit from time to time.

We aren’t here to harm these servers but I know some wont believe that. Also, I intend to write an actual report and track our progress and hopefully present something useful in regards to what its like to be on these servers, whats unique about them and what WvW at these levels is like.

I currently only have 10 or less people doing this, our guild may grow but not by transferring people off these servers, by giving them the support they need on these servers to build.

My WvW Project.

in WvW

Posted by: briggah.7910

briggah.7910

TBH I don’t think many guilds leave servers to harm them. If they are not having fun where they are, well they look for bigger and better things. They think that when they leave though, that they are the only ones that leave but many people look up to the dedicated WvW guilds (yes we do guys!!) and have built friendships with some players. Once players find out that so and so guild left it starts a domino effect of others doing the same thing.

Anyway, from everything you’ve said it seems you are not out to harm any servers. Will also point out that with mega-server and guilds being on any server, sometimes when others see guild tags from their server on other servers they get accused of being spies!! Good luck with your report.

Player Vs Everyone
youtube channel - twitch channel

My WvW Project.

in WvW

Synosius.9876

Seems like what u intend is a sort if support network to shuffle players around as needed. I also see the potential of learning from shared experience within the guild. How much of an active role do u anticipate for your guild?

My WvW Project.

in WvW

Evenna.2519

Seems like what u intend is a sort if support network to shuffle players around as needed. I also see the potential of learning from shared experience within the guild. How much of an active role do u anticipate for your guild?

In a sense, the shuffling not as much, we aren’t trying to match fix or anything.

Its more like, a franchise. We go in start running, (HAVE FUN MOST OF ALL)highlight the server, meet people on it build a group and recruit that group to stay and keep the ball running. Then to the next server. Then we may rotate back to give support/extra help to what we started.

Its a vision of growth for ourselves and the servers we foster. I have been on a server that moved from low bronze to high silver. I have been on T1 gold tier.

I really appreciate the support and discussion please if anyone has suggestions or you are on a lower tier bronze server and want to discuss further! Please message me!

P.S. as a mega server guild we have already had to deal with the spy accusations, and in general had a few people on opposing servers from time to time. We don’t allow the spy thing or condone it as it just childish and waste of everyone’s time. People on opposing servers aren’t something we recruit for but in this current genre of guild wars2 it happens just from mega servers as we do alot of other things in PVE and PVP. We use our own TS and we aren’t getting on to server forums because its not info we need to do what we are doing. People that want to work with us will work with us in game and we are always happy to do so.

(edited by Evenna.2519)

My WvW Project.

in WvW

Posted by: Kamara.4187

Kamara.4187

SPIES!!! Just playing.

I think its a great idea. Nothing wrong with getting a different perspective to hone your skills. I wish you all the best.

My WvW Project.

in WvW

Posted by: Korgov.7645

Korgov.7645

On low population server is it always nice to see new faces in WvW. Jump in and have fun.

You will discover the WvW dynamics are very different than in high tiers. Individuals and community events have great impact on the score.

Just few things:

• Limit your participation to 15 members and at prime time only.
  • Make it clear from the start that your guild will be leaving in 1 month.
  • Do not recruit members from the server.
  • Show no disrespect to the guilds or the community on the server.

Good luck with your project, Evenna.

Sulkshine – Mesmer
This won’t hurt [Much]
Ring of Fire

My WvW Project.

in WvW

Posted by: Puck.9612

Puck.9612

Sounds like a movie plot…

Then you bring one of the savages back to the big city as a specimen. The high society is at first fascinated and then repulsed. A break out occurrs and a long pursuit to recapture animal running amok in the streets. The creatures comes to a tragic demise and the angry mob realizes society was the real monster all along.

Or perhaps give us more details cause I have a vivid imagination.

+1. This is the best post I have seen in a long time.

Jim Hunter when my other account isn’t suspended

My WvW Project.

in WvW

Evenna.2519

On low population server is it always nice to see new faces in WvW. Jump in and have fun.

You will discover the WvW dynamics are very different than in high tiers. Individuals and community events have great impact on the score.

Just few things:

• Limit your participation to 15 members and at prime time only.
  • Make it clear from the start that your guild will be leaving in 1 month.
  • Do not recruit members from the server.
  • Show no disrespect to the guilds or the community on the server.

Good luck with your project, Evenna.

First off I started on a rank 24 server. So I have a clear view on the problems they faced. However! They have changed so much since I was down in this tier and that is part of what I wish to highlight and the new challenges that have unfolded.

As much as I would like to comply with all those requests,(they do make sense) we can not WvW at prime time due to our nature as late night NA/OCX folks. Timezones man.. I get why you are concerned about us helping or tampering with the match to make them do better, but the truth is we are not regular enough or defensive enough to make that sort of difference.

I really appreciate the well wishers and the thoughts and suggestions you have given.

My WvW Project.

in WvW

Posted by: little ceasar.9254

little ceasar.9254

Like the idea and interested to see how it plays out.

Ashr [AGG]RESSION
CD→SoS→BG→ET→DB→JQ→SoS→
Mag→JQ→SoS→JQ→TC→FA→DB→FA→Mag→TC→KN

My WvW Project.

in WvW

Evenna.2519

Like the idea and interested to see how it plays out.

I am keeping my diary style entries and going to do a pie chart report at a later time. I am looking for the unique things for each server I visit as well.

I still invite anyone with an extra account to join me as the project seems to be growing. At this time I know that Arena net is watching and interested in it.

The whole thing seems to be growing fast. My guild is enjoying our stop here on this server but I know for the sake of this project we must move after the time is up.

My WvW Project.

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

I embarked on a similar WvW project starting back in Aug. 2014 and called it “Wandering the Shards of Tyria”. My goals were to visit T1 NA, T8 NA, and an EU server. I didn’t write about it much, instead I made videos that tried to capture something of each server and/or tier that I visited and I tried to learn maybe about how others solve or deal with the same WvW issues. In the end, I feel the project said a lot more about my personal interests in WvW (open world PvP) than about the different communities.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLZDlfzyAWJZApZ8xhF-fjd5nzCPcqrsH-

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

(edited by Chaba.5410)

My WvW Project.

in WvW

Evenna.2519

I embarked on a similar WvW project starting back in Aug. 2014 and called it “Wandering the Shards of Tyria”. My goals were to visit T1 NA, T8 NA, and an EU server. I didn’t write about it much, instead I made videos that tried to capture something of each server and/or tier that I visited and I tried to learn maybe about how others solve or deal with the same WvW issues. In the end, I feel the project said a lot more about my personal interests in WvW (open world PvP) than about the different communities.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLZDlfzyAWJZApZ8xhF-fjd5nzCPcqrsH-

Awesome, the thing that strikes me most is the changes since I last was down in T8. Thanks for sharing this!

My WvW Project.

in WvW

Posted by: Firkin.9123

Firkin.9123

Evenna to say what I’ve already said privately publicly, this sounds like a great project. So for the others reading this I’ve donated my old fully upgraded guild [DmD] to this project and will be getting a second account to check out its progress in the future. But if you are interested to check it out with an alt account hit her up.
+1 for a great idea and a great chick organising it.

Gilfirkin
Gl [BoM] and retired ocx commander

Gilfirkin- Night Crew Commander/ Guild Leader [BoM]/[DmD]
’Waypoints? What waypoints?"
http://brotherwood.enjin.com

My WvW Project.

in WvW

Synosius.9876

Is there a private forum for discussion?

My WvW Project.

in WvW

Evenna.2519

Evenna to say what I’ve already said privately publicly, this sounds like a great project. So for the others reading this I’ve donated my old fully upgraded guild [DmD] to this project and will be getting a second account to check out its progress in the future. But if you are interested to check it out with an alt account hit her up.
+1 for a great idea and a great chick organising it.

Gilfirkin
Gl [BoM] and retired ocx commander

So great to have a built guild makes life much easier when buffing camps ect. I thankyou for your support sir!