My advise: K.I.S.S. it.

in WvW

Posted by: Tyeme.6589

Tyeme.6589

World vs World players are not happy. It seems no matter what Anet does, the situation just gets worse. The biggest thing WvWers asked for was new maps. Anet gave them new maps and WvWers screamed louder.

Here’s the problem, the WvWers just wanted something different to look at. Anet gave them something bigger, grander, more complex. WvWers don’t want features that keep them away from the fights.

My advice when designing new WvW maps/content for the big overhaul is to adopt a K.I.S.S. policy (Keep It Simple Stupid). No convoluted or movement restricting paths, no raid style keep bosses, no multilevel maps and an absolute minimum PvE content. If the words neat, or awesome, or grand come out when describing and idea for WvW, trash that idea.

Instead of going bigger, grander, more complex; give WvWers something relatively one dimensional. It can still be visually impressive, just don’t make it complex. Then, take those resources you saved by making a one level map instead of four level map and getting rid of all those neat PvE features WvWers hate and fix technical glitches instead.

in WvW

Posted by: Soon.5240

Soon.5240

I seriously doubt that they are going to change anything that they’ve been working on for the last year – certainly not anything that is going to require a substantial number of man-hours (i.e. something that will cost them money). They’ll finish what’s been on the boards for the last year.

Let’s face it. If they saw WvW as an important revenue stream, then we would have seen a “major overhaul” a long time ago. They’d have people working on it 24/7. Any notion on Anet’s part that they haven’t had enough “time” is laughable.

Instead, they’re probably waiting for the three summer interns to come back in June and finish what they worked on last summer…..

in WvW

Posted by: Purr Kitten.8731

Purr Kitten.8731

^ All that up there. Every word.

SBI

in WvW

Posted by: Tomiyou.3790

Tomiyou.3790

I seriously doubt that they are going to change anything that they’ve been working on for the last year – certainly not anything that is going to require a substantial number of man-hours (i.e. something that will cost them money). They’ll finish what’s been on the boards for the last year.

Let’s face it. If they saw WvW as an important revenue stream, then we would have seen a “major overhaul” a long time ago. They’d have people working on it 24/7. Any notion on Anet’s part that they haven’t had enough “time” is laughable.

Instead, they’re probably waiting for the three summer interns to come back in June and finish what they worked on last summer…..

Lost it at the interns part, that’s soo true IRL

in WvW

Posted by: Cerby.1069

Cerby.1069

25% of the OP is correct. 75% is not.

I kill you in one gunflame, or I kill you in two.
The Tiny Yuno Sniper of Ebay [EBAY]

in WvW

Posted by: Crapgame.6519

Crapgame.6519

It isn’t that players wanted new maps, new maps are fine. However, the maps are too big vs. some of the servers population. Basically there was no thought put into the maps and what they would do or not do based on the various servers and populations. The maps are so large that there is no way the middle tier and below can field players in EBG and their own home borderland. Furthermore, if they wanted to go on the offensive, they sure in the hell can’t support EBG, Homland, and any of the other enemy border maps.

So it isn’t about the map per say. It is about the size of maps, how many, and of course the on going broken class(es) that are breaking the format. Nothing done for single contributors, nothing for guilds, nothing for basically anyone unless you kittening zerg.

And don’t get me on my soap box about their silly match making and server alignment/tiers. No skill right now – it is all about the population and wall clock coverage.

Main – Laaz Rocket – Guardian (Ehmry Bay)
Johnny Johnny – Ranger (Ehmry Bay)
Hárvey Wallbanger – Alt Warrior (Ehmry Bay)

in WvW

Posted by: DaVid Darksoul.4985

DaVid Darksoul.4985

The isolation of the forts make them worthless to control other then PPT. We asked for free upgardes to eliminate a gold sink and got self upgrades, no reason to tend to anything. Camps became basically meaningless except for attackers supply. Forts were made way easier to cap and harder to defend. Oasis event is just plain wrong. bad for defenders and gravy train for attackers. Lords were made somewhat tougher but now that we know how to fight them its seems other then Hills and Bay they are easier, hell in Garri one person can just tank Gimpy the Golem. Other then that the new maps are pretty nice and I manage to have fun in them.

WAR Platinum Necro, HoD BL roamer/defender. Solo Keep/Tower capper.

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Lords were made somewhat tougher but now that we know how to fight them its seems other then Hills and Bay they are easier, hell in Garri one person can just tank Gimpy the Golem.

Hills is a bit annoying, but bay is dead simple, lol. Instead of blindly zerging straight in, you can pull her to either side or front edge – the knockdown mechanic break on the stairs (ie you cant get knockdowned) and you cant be feared anywhere dangerous.

I find that the stupid teleporting/stealthing/stunning ogre is faaaaaaaar harder to bring down than than bay lord with a small man crew and thats just a lousy tower. Seriously, you get stunned and interrupted every 2 seconds. Theres been instances where I havent even been able to use any skill at all for like 10-15s.

in WvW

Posted by: msalakka.4653

msalakka.4653

I find that the stupid teleporting/stealthing/stunning ogre is faaaaaaaar harder to bring down

For me, it’s the idiot necro @ NE tower. The other towers are easy to solo, Bay is not extraordinarily difficult just takes time, Hills or Garrison I am yet to try. But that necro, man… That necro.

Gutter Rat [cry] | Gandara | Roaming nuisance
~ There is no balance team. ~

in WvW

Posted by: Conner.4702

Conner.4702

They have been using a K.I.S.S. method, different meaning though. Killing It Shockingly Slow

in WvW

Posted by: DaVid Darksoul.4985

DaVid Darksoul.4985

The necro Lord is hard, I use a minimum of condi and go minionmaster. If you can keep him focused on your minions you can bash him down. Bay I tried acouple times by pulling her to the south lane but she winds up resetting or I get ran over by defenders because of taking too long. The stuns from Lord in SET also cause me trouble. Just my opinion, I would love to see the Lords made tougher, maybe add guards in the Lord’s room like the old BL which is one thing that makes NET so tough. But then attacking zergs would kitten that, if it isn’t quick and easy then its OP is their view.

WAR Platinum Necro, HoD BL roamer/defender. Solo Keep/Tower capper.

in WvW

Posted by: Crapgame.6519

Crapgame.6519

They have been using a K.I.S.S. method, different meaning though. Killing It Shockingly Slow

Lol. Well played.

Main – Laaz Rocket – Guardian (Ehmry Bay)
Johnny Johnny – Ranger (Ehmry Bay)
Hárvey Wallbanger – Alt Warrior (Ehmry Bay)

in WvW

Posted by: StormageddonBK.9842

StormageddonBK.9842

I’d be happy with basic maps with no NPC’s or PvE crap. IMO a WvW map should be PvP in PvE gear with 500 per side, you know, the way it was at launch.

in WvW

Posted by: Random.4691

Random.4691

New maps were not the most requested item, in fact, they were probably one of the least requested items. Players were asking for tweaks to the old maps because we saw EotM and were well aware of what we could expect. Now as for things requested, Balanced match ups, new scoring system to determine match ups, new server system, private commander tags, bug fixes for bugs that have been around since launch, commander system upgrades, a way to earn gold in WvW, meaningful defense reasons, WvW unique equipment, and a plethora of other items we have been asking for over the years.

What they did was take players request for BL upgrades/tweaks and went overboard with it by making new maps, they then pass this off as how much work they put into WvW all while ignoring the game breaking changes we needed.

It’s not a KISS problem the real issue is they have zero ability to prioritize, the old maps were not game breaking, some small tweaks could have fixed any map issues. Other issues such as dead servers, lack of economy in WvW, a flawed scoring system just to name a few are all game breaking.

TLDR; their issue is they are doing everything bass ackwards.

in WvW

Posted by: Paulie.6215

Paulie.6215

This guy wins.