My first Wooden Loot Chest

in WvW

Posted by: Victory.2879

Victory.2879

Yes, finally, one dropped for me. Sadly as we were in a group battle I didn’t notice as I was moving (who thought of this idea that loot bags drop behind you as you move….and you have to use F to pick up in the middle of a battle where there is enough going on).

Smoke clears, I’m dead (as Gandara are masters of the art of fighting going backwards and I forgot, used to servers that like to go forwards), and lo and behold there is that wonderful chest.

Respawn, run back as fast as I can and guess what- it despawns just before I get to it.

Whoever thought that loot bags should despawn so quickly needs shooting (by a ranger, so that would be miss miss blocked dodged blocked miss miss).

Bring in auto looting in wvw or at least double the despawn time for loot drops- 5 minutes would be good if you can’t put in autolooting, so at least you have half a chance of running back to the spot.

Victory, Beings Lost On Borderlands (BLOB), SFR & Gandara (inactive)

in WvW

Posted by: olleN.2356

olleN.2356

+1 for autolooting

Vizunah Square

in WvW

Posted by: Jimmy JimBob.2801

Jimmy JimBob.2801

Don’t care about autolooting but definitely up for loot bags not despawning.

in WvW

Posted by: renmei.3102

renmei.3102

Just pretend it was just a Pile of Vile Essence, I’ve been trolled by too many wooden boxes with only that inside. It sells for 4 silver.

in WvW

Posted by: Ezeriel.9574

Ezeriel.9574

…I’d bet it was just a slab of red meat.

The only way to play the engineer is to exploit it.
Playing the engineer “as intended” is simply not viable.

in WvW

Posted by: Caedus.6571

Caedus.6571

Lucky you. Once got a spike from a wooden chest.

Tarnished Coast WvW

in WvW

Posted by: arKRazor.8654

arKRazor.8654

If you had killed a dolyak in the area you probably only missed a supply drop.

Halfpint Sapper – Poorly-traited Asuran Engineer/CatHound/Part-time Warbanner

Devona’s Rest [OHai][GloB]

in WvW

Posted by: kiwiburner.2186

kiwiburner.2186

I used to dream of getting a spike from a wooden chest, but unfortunately they’re all stashed in regular bags.

Seriously though, bets on that it probably was a slab of meat, so don’t feel too bad – they account for 95% of wooden chest drops in WvW.

“poopsock made it past the filters!” -stinkypants.8419

in WvW

Posted by: Danielle.3152

Danielle.3152

Still so many people that don’t understand that a slab of meat or spike comes from a wooden chest with 5 supply from a dolyak…..

[Scnd] Daniellita,
Blast!

in WvW

Posted by: Mystery.7392

Mystery.7392

We need a loot pet! That’d be amazing :x

Aloha Luana – The Iron Triangle [IRON]
Warrior – Gunnar’s Hold
Will always love Elona!

in WvW

Posted by: zerorogue.9410

zerorogue.9410

we need some kind of autoloot, Currently fighting in wvw is less a bout killing your enemy and more on making sure you don’t miss the loot. Many times I have went loot collecting rather than fighting, just in case we lost the battle.

How about this, a scavenger npc, that can give you missed bags for a standard fee. (25 copper per bag?)You wont know what’s in them till you take them from him as well. This way you can get your bags if you die, and anet gets another gold sink.

additionally they need to stop using cue models for other things. A wooden chest should always mean a rare or greater.

You got plenty of crate models, have one of those drop when the yak dies, It gives more a sense of supply.

in WvW

Posted by: Hickeroar.9734

Hickeroar.9734

The loot system in WvW is pretty horrid. They need to just drop your loot in your bags. If you run out of space….you run out of space. Same problem applies now.

Either that or they need a “payout-agent” NPC in spawn where you can go to pick up your loot.

in WvW

Posted by: BlazeQ.1095

BlazeQ.1095

My favorite is when we are fighting for a tower / keep. Then just as we get close to capping the 3rd server runs in. 3rd server wins, tons of loot bags / laying on the ground, absolutely NO way to get them. Think of how many precursers have possibly despawned?

Cold Beerdrinker
PB Officer
NSP

in WvW

Posted by: Ethics.4519

Ethics.4519

My favorite is when we are fighting for a tower / keep. Then just as we get close to capping the 3rd server runs in. 3rd server wins, tons of loot bags / laying on the ground, absolutely NO way to get them. Think of how many precursers have possibly despawned?

0. Nobody gets precursers

RIP in peace Robert

in WvW

Posted by: fadswaffer.5140

fadswaffer.5140

We can always hope Ethics!

But I agree. Running with my guild, sometimes we just have to keep pushing in a huge zerg fight, and I have had tons of bags despawn because I was still fighting, or dead etc.
Not too sure why Anet has decided that the system of just throwing the bags on the ground BEHIND YOU when you are in a PvP massive battle is a good idea? It certainly adds an element to the scene of WvW, however, not a very pleasant one.

[PYRO] MAGUUMA
Necromancer | Warrior
NO TEARS ONLY DREAMS

in WvW

Posted by: DeadlySynz.3471

DeadlySynz.3471

I wasn’t even aware loot bags (and chests) despawn.. I’ve run back clear across the battle field and my loot bags were still there..

How long before they de-spawn? If they do de-spawn.. this is just wrong on so many levels. At the very minimum, they should be ported back with you back to the base.

in WvW

Posted by: Olvendred.3027

Olvendred.3027

Exotics, when they drop, come in Steel Chests. Unless you can see one of those, you’re not missing out on a precursor.

in WvW

Posted by: Raven Paradox.1860

Raven Paradox.1860

I heard that steel chests are what drop exotics (which precursors are). Don’t worry, you only missed out on garbage. But I’m down for autolooting. WvW moves fast, and I don’t have time to pick up all my bags.

in WvW

Posted by: Otaur.9268

Otaur.9268

It has been said a million times…. The loot bags should appear in a stack in your inventory until you have time to open them… Along with Wooden Chests and stuff… This way you are not constantly losing out on loot and can open them when you get the chance/

Blackfang’s Demon Alliance [BfDA]

in WvW

Posted by: Rawr.5930

Rawr.5930

Did it have a slab of red meat in it?

Meega Kweesta

in WvW

Posted by: Ikarushka.9564

Ikarushka.9564

When you kill a cow and get supply from it the chest shows up instead of a bag. This way it may appear that you got a spike from a chest, while in reality it was 5 supply that prompted it.

Cheekadee. Asuran engineer

in WvW

Posted by: wish.1027

wish.1027

Steel chest is the good one actually. Wooden is junk.

Jade Quarry Warrior Strike Force [SF]
w/ an alt Thief and Guardian.
Math is your friend.

in WvW

Posted by: BlazeQ.1095

BlazeQ.1095

Exotics, when they drop, come in Steel Chests. Unless you can see one of those, you’re not missing out on a precursor.

Good to know, I hardly pay attention to whats on the ground half the time unless its a combo field.

Cold Beerdrinker
PB Officer
NSP

in WvW

Posted by: SHAKA ZULU.3128

SHAKA ZULU.3128

When you kill a cow and get supply from it the chest shows up instead of a bag. This way it may appear that you got a spike from a chest, while in reality it was 5 supply that prompted it.

I believe this has been fixed and the supply shows up as a bag now.

love,

a guardian from k[Ai]neng

in WvW

Posted by: uberkingkong.8041

uberkingkong.8041

This.

It would give mini’s a true meaning in GW2.

in WvW

Posted by: Esprit Dumort.3109

Esprit Dumort.3109

I’ve never seen this and I play a lot of WvW

Jessamine [SNOW]
Gandara

in WvW

Posted by: Liquid Swords.1740

Liquid Swords.1740

I once got 4 copper from a wooden chest. I remember it was a special one cause i saw the chest in the middle of a enemy zerg and worked my way back towards it to loot it. Yeah way worth it. Like really a spike would of been better lol

As for the steel chests I am not sure if that is true at least from my experience. I got an exotic last night and it was from a wooden chest and lol @ 80 silver for a once every couple of months drop chance. Imo looting is just screwed up in this game pve and wvw. It is a boring loot system that seems to be designed to dump your dropped junk in the mystic toilet to get something good but with horrible rng.

Fort Aspenwood – PRX

in WvW

Posted by: Ynot.8397

Ynot.8397

I’ve never seen this and I play a lot of WvW

Well they drop the best items in the game and have a 1 in a billion shot of dropping. Most people haven’t seen them.

Ferguson’s Crossing→ SoS→ DR→ EBay

in WvW

Posted by: Immolator.5640

Immolator.5640

Out of my guild about 7 people have had precursor drops before. It’s incredibly rare and random, but seems to happen a lot to the people in my guild, once was just farming FSP in their garrison for a couple hours before reset (we had a fair amount of pugs with us so) and a member got Zap, a few days after in the Garrison Lord Room a newer leader in the guild got another one. Never anything for me though

Commander Ezekiel The Paladin
Underworld Battalion [WvW] Leader (retired) – Gandara [EU]
All Is Vain https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/gf-left-me-coz-of-ladderboard/

in WvW

Posted by: Kovu.7560

Kovu.7560

Whoever thought that loot bags should despawn so quickly needs shooting (by a ranger, so that would be miss miss blocked dodged blocked miss miss).

As a ranger, this made my day. Because it’s so true. =)

~ Kovu

Charr Ranger, Necromancer, Thief
Fort Aspenwood. [CREW], [TLC], [ShW], [UNIV]

in WvW

Posted by: Epic.3950

Epic.3950

The loot system in WvW is pretty horrid. They need to just drop your loot in your bags. If you run out of space….you run out of space. Same problem applies now.

Either that or they need a “payout-agent” NPC in spawn where you can go to pick up your loot.

BEST IDEA IVE EVER HEARD SOMEBODY GIVE THIS MAN A COOKIE!

in WvW

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

This.

It would give mini’s a true meaning in GW2.

Oh my, mini’s that can loot. I like it! Maybe even have an equip slot for Mini’s so they auto-spawn when you change maps.

in WvW

Posted by: Dark Aidget.3879

Dark Aidget.3879

OP, you just missed two hooves. That’s all I ever get in wooden chests. Old bits of hoof.

[Arr][GOAT]

in WvW

Posted by: sostronk.8167

sostronk.8167

OP, you just missed two hooves. That’s all I ever get in wooden chests. Old bits of hoof.

Im pretty sure the wooden chest is at least a minimum rare. Ive only got rares from them. And Ive only had a couple of silver chests, but they always seem to be an exotic.

in WvW

Posted by: Avatara.1042

They should be awarded on the side of the screen, like daily and monthly chests.

in WvW

Posted by: Otaur.9268

Otaur.9268

Still like my idea… Bags/Chests stack to 250 a piece in your inventory until you get time to open them. Just saying. Lol

Blackfang’s Demon Alliance [BfDA]