7- Isle of Janthir
8- Northern Shiverpeaks
9- Henge of Denravi

what are yours?

[NA] Silver League: Predicted Rankings.

in WvW

Posted by: alvinjason.3109

alvinjason.3109

kinda hard to put 5 evenly matched servers, it will likely depend on the PVE population turn out.

Devona’s Rest → NSP [SA] [TeaP]

in WvW

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

Has IoJ lost that many people? There were some good FA/SBI/IoJ matches not that long ago.

in WvW

Posted by: Elspamo.6910

Elspamo.6910

Switch Dragonbrand with Yak’s Bend and we have a similar prediction.

in WvW

Posted by: NiloyBardhan.9170

NiloyBardhan.9170

1/2. CD/DB (Either)
3. SBI
4. DR
5. YB
6. NSP
7. IoJ
8. HoD
9. BP

Some guys are seriously overestimating us…Geez

14 80s – Niloy Bardhan (warr) ¦ Cute Asura Niloy (guard) ¦ Madhumita Bardhan (ele)
“Owner of the rarest items in Tyria” Legendary collector 8/5 – 300% base MF
Yak’s Bend website – yaks-bend.enjin.com (temporary) #YakForever #YB4LYFE

in WvW

Posted by: mango.9267

mango.9267

The last time we made this thread in S2, it got banned. Hopefully, it won’t happen this time.

First, you guys are putting SBI too high up there. They’re losing most of their WvW guilds (supposedly) and will devolve into an almost entirely pug server.

Second, IoJ would probably still beat any of the T5 servers on coverage alone. BP lost some SEA, and even with NSP’s new OCX guild, they’re still fairly weak in OCX/SEA. I realize NSP is going hard this week, so we’ll see if that assessment changes during seasons.

Lastly, no one is “overestimating” YB. YB has actually received a non-negligible number of players from other servers (no specific guilds that I’m aware of), and we’ve all seen YB go overtime — foregoing sleep, hygiene, and real life responsibilities to win. Although YB may have fewer individual players than other T3 servers (a questionable claim at this point), it certainly doesn’t lack player-hours logged during seasons.

Second Child

in WvW

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

1) cd, db, dr, YB
5) sbi
6) ioj
7) ns, hod, bp

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

in WvW

Posted by: Dream In A Dream.7213

Dream In A Dream.7213

1. CD Strong NA and SEA. Probably biggest number of organized guilds in Silver.
2. DB Strongest SEA in Silver and very big PVE base.
3. YB Very good defense and solid militia, but not much coverage compared to cd and db. Will probably get focused hard early on, so putting us in 3rd.
4. SBI dark horse here. They have very big pop and some ok coverage when specific commanders raid. But too focused on ebg to take advantage of it.
5. IOJ Decent OCX, SEA, and EU zones. If they get a good PvE turnout they will be a very tough server to fight in silver. Probably the best server per capita in Silver.
6. DR Huge NA prime numbers but weak OCX . The issue for DR is that the PVE base is pretty low and most guilds are new to the server. So if they don’t try very hard and cover other timezones with na players they will not be able to win.
7. NSP, like IOJ and CD, very solid server that has low fairweather pop. Seems to have a decent SEA now.
8. HOD not sure if it has the same pve base as during S2. If they still have numbers from S2 they might do better.
9. BP

in WvW

Dream In A Dream.7213

The last time we made this thread in S2, it got banned. Hopefully, it won’t happen this time.

First, you guys are putting SBI too high up there. They’re losing most of their WvW guilds (supposedly) and will devolve into an almost entirely pug server.

Second, IoJ would probably still beat any of the T5 servers on coverage alone. BP lost some SEA, and even with NSP’s new OCX guild, they’re still fairly weak in OCX/SEA. I realize NSP is going hard this week, so we’ll see if that assessment changes during seasons.

Lastly, no one is “overestimating” YB. YB has actually received a non-negligible number of players from other servers (no specific guilds that I’m aware of), and we’ve all seen YB go overtime — foregoing sleep, hygiene, and real life responsibilities to win. Although YB may have fewer individual players than other T3 servers (a questionable claim at this point), it certainly doesn’t lack player-hours logged during seasons.

Not sure about SBI. But as far as only having pugs. YB lost most of its guilds right before Season 2. So it was mostly pugs for S2, and our standing actually improved.
If SBI still has its commanders and a lot of pve players turn out, they can still ppt well.

The issue with SBI is just the focus on EBG. If they actually learn that there are other maps they can take Silver:D

in WvW

mango.9267

Not sure about SBI. But as far as only having pugs. YB lost most of its guilds right before Season 2. So it was mostly pugs for S2, and our standing actually improved.
If SBI still has its commanders and a lot of pve players turn out, they can still ppt well.

The issue with SBI is just the focus on EBG. If they actually learn that there are other maps they can take Silver:D

To my knowledge, some of SBI’s better pugmanders have quit (including Bannok). And very recently (end of last week, beginning of this week), most of their WvW guilds are leaving or considering it. I’m not sure when or where or if it’s still happening, but that’s the hearsay going around on the forums.

Second Child

in WvW

alvinjason.3109

No one over-estimating yaks but DB/CD are the biggest threat in silver imo.

in WvW

Posted by: Narkodx.1472

Narkodx.1472

No Free Transfers this year?

in WvW

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

3. YB Very good defense and solid militia, but not much coverage compared to cd and db. Will probably get focused hard early on, so putting us in 3rd.

Not much coverage ?

I cannot help but think you are joking, you all have the coverage when you come out of towers as easily seen yesterday lol.

in WvW

Dream In A Dream.7213

Not much coverage ?

I cannot help but think you are joking, you all have the coverage when you come out of towers as easily seen yesterday lol.

YB coming " out of towers " ? In the off hours? LOL

in WvW

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

Not much coverage ?

YB coming " out of towers " ? In the off hours? LOL

I know i’m as shocked as you are but i’ve witnessed it.

in WvW

Posted by: Basch.1347

Basch.1347

It’s a toss-up between CD/DR of who will get 1st. YB tends to play for 2nd and rides on the 1st place server, and they seem to have particular distaste for DR, so methinks DR will get focused to 3rd or 4th. DB will probably get 3rd in the T3 matchups, so I’ll put them interchangeably between 3rd or 4th, depending on DR. So:

1st: CD/DR
2nd: YB
3rd: DB/DR
4th: DB/DR
5th: SBI

The rest I don’t have a clue, I don’t follow them.

FA

in WvW

NiloyBardhan.9170

No Free Transfers this year?

That would have been disastrous!

14 80s – Niloy Bardhan (warr) ¦ Cute Asura Niloy (guard) ¦ Madhumita Bardhan (ele)

in WvW

Posted by: Sanctum.7938

Sanctum.7938

The only prediction I have is that CD is excited about this Season and will be working to improve our already excellent inter-guild coordination.

in WvW

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

what ranking ? there is no ranking for season 3. rewards are given the following week after every match up.

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

1. DB because Sea
2. YB because PvE achievement hunters and siege
3. CD because second best coverage but gaps so they can’t beat DB
4. DR because strong NA
5. IoJ because third best coverage
6. SBI because they’re losing people but still better than the rest
7. – 9. NSP BP HoD because they could go either way

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

CD is playing a bit of possum probably to avoid Gold or they are really disorganized. They have some big numbers a large chunk of the day. Despite all the talk I still haven’t seen a strong DR. They could be chilling until the tournament though (their Hills has been WP’d by YB for a long time). YB is an odd duck but they siege and refresh so there is that. They also seem to have some decent BL groups.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: Banzie.5248

Banzie.5248

CD is playing a bit of possum probably to avoid Gold or they are really disorganized. They have some big numbers a large chunk of the day. Despite all the talk I still haven’t seen a strong DR. They could be chilling until the tournament though (their Hills has been WP’d by YB for a long time). YB is an odd duck but they siege and refresh so there is that. They also seem to have some decent BL groups.

They stopped pushing after hearing ratings were already locked.

Isle Of Janthir

in WvW

Liston.9708

And the other thread says they are pushing……

in WvW

Basch.1347

Still no official confirmation of this. Don’t believe yea or nay til a dev speaks on the topic.

FA

in WvW

Liston.9708

Still no official confirmation of this. Don’t believe yea or nay til a dev speaks on the topic.

It is odd that there was no official statement on when it is locked. I would assume at the end of this week, but maybe locking leagues on reset night based on results from that day is too hard?

in WvW

Basch.1347

It is odd that there was no official statement on when it is locked. I would assume at the end of this week, but maybe locking leagues on reset night based on results from that day is too hard?

It happens every week on the weekly reset, so I assume not. It’s probably more that they haven’t been reading the forums very closely or they want to stay quiet to not influence the final rankings.

FA

in WvW

Posted by: Deli.1302

Deli.1302

1)YB
2)CD
3)DB
4)DR
5)SBI
6)IoJ
7)BP
8)NSP
9)HoD

in WvW

Posted by: Spica.9308

Spica.9308

I’ve been on DR but YB’s ability to paper the threat server during OCX just so
it can secure their 1st place is very real. A lot of Mag server hoppers and other
bandwagons also noted to hop on this server for the tourney. All CD every did
was back cap our borderlands creating a 2v1 Scenario to the benefit of Yaks.
They also zerged attack our EB side when our BL beccame infested with Yaks
going overtime.

1. YB
2. CD/DB
3. DR/SBi
4. IoJ/NSP
5. HoD/BP

We’re not really sure at this point since our server alone has loads of
people taking a holiday before the tourney due to this 2v1 match-up,
server siege cappers and the sabotage of our communication system

in WvW

Posted by: Necro.6432

Necro.6432

the sabotage of our communication system

FBI did it.

Daeronz | TDS Leader | WvW Commander

in WvW

alvinjason.3109

I see DB as the biggest threat for S3.*

in WvW

alvinjason.3109

the sabotage of our communication system

FBI did it.

NSA actually. They’ve been scouring our TS in hopes of getting info on terrorists. They’ve been at it all week.

in WvW

Posted by: Tryxtr.6295

Tryxtr.6295

I play on Northern Shiverpeaks and a couple week ago we were wondering if we’d squeak into Silver League. Now it appears that we’ll be ranked 13th going into the tournament.

Most likely to be in Silver League:

1: Crystal Desert/Maguuma (up to RNG gods)
2. Yak’s Bend
3. Dragonbrand
4. Stormbluff Isle
5. Devona’s Rest
6. Isle of Janthir
7. Northern Shiverpeaks
8. Henge of Denravi
9. Borlis Pass

Should we be expecting to have to face DR/SBI/DB/YB/CD? Or is it highly likely that we get grouped with IOJ/HoD/BP over and over again?

And, if we do somehow match up against DR or SBI, what will we be getting ourselves into? :P

in WvW

Posted by: Sanctum.7938

Sanctum.7938

And the other thread says they are pushing……

If organizing GvGs in OS and playing with the new content is pushing. Then we are pushing.

Seriously…it’s obvious we are taking it easy so we will be fresh for Season. (Silver or Gold…doesn’t matter to us.)

in WvW

Posted by: Ark Bladesteele.2943

Ark Bladesteele.2943

I play on Northern Shiverpeaks and a couple week ago we were wondering if we’d squeak into Silver League. Now it appears that we’ll be ranked 13th going into the tournament.

Most likely to be in Silver League:

1: Crystal Desert/Maguuma (up to RNG gods)
2. Yak’s Bend
3. Dragonbrand
4. Stormbluff Isle
5. Devona’s Rest
6. Isle of Janthir
7. Northern Shiverpeaks
8. Henge of Denravi
9. Borlis Pass

Should we be expecting to have to face DR/SBI/DB/YB/CD? Or is it highly likely that we get grouped with IOJ/HoD/BP over and over again?

And, if we do somehow match up against DR or SBI, what will we be getting ourselves into? :P

I’m from HoD. It’s possible you’ll face a higher tier server than IoJ, since we can and have beaten IoJ with fewer numbers than we have now. Considering how well you’ve done against us, I wouldn’t rule it out. There’s also the bizarro chance of IoJ dropping a tier because of how hard you’ve been pushing the glicko and how they’ve continually lost, which would push us to bronze in the final hours approaching the tourney. CD/DB/SBI swap with Maguuma. HoD goes bronze. We haven’t won a match since the previous tourney.

If the ratings are not locked, and I’ve yet to see a confirmation on this, a silver bump to gold and a silver drop (us) to bronze are slightly possible. The latter being far less likely since we’ve been losing a lot less this week (being ahead of BP several times after coming back from an 8k deficit) so we’ll just have to wait and see which way the RNGods sway.

But with IoJ doing better than the glicko prediction this week, I’m not sure. It’s a bit odd that GoM dropped in the way they did, given that they were beating the pants off of us and BP until BP got its Mag transfers, and then in our final matchup us coming in second and pushing them to bronze.

A lot of strange isht happens when you mix glicko and RNG.

NSP’s resident crazy-eyed sylvari

(edited by Ark Bladesteele.2943)

in WvW

Posted by: ozmaniandevil.6805

ozmaniandevil.6805

Since PvE is FUBAR I will be spending all my time in WvW. I think IoJ will do better than 7th…. uh… not just cuz of me :p I’m sure we’ll have some great battles with all of our Silver opponents.

Isle of Janthir – Knights of the Rose (KoR)

in WvW

Posted by: Ohbe.9761

Ohbe.9761

What’s the point of this thread exactly? If Anet follows through with their post about match ups being different all 4 weeks of season 3 for Silver/Bronze league. You’re no longer playing with the best of the best after each week. You’re playing against everyone in the league. If they followed through with Season 2’s format sure, but now it seems just like a group stage.

in WvW

Basch.1347

What’s the point of this thread exactly? If Anet follows through with their post about match ups being different all 4 weeks of season 3 for Silver/Bronze league. You’re no longer playing with the best of the best after each week. You’re playing against everyone in the league. If they followed through with Season 2’s format sure, but now it seems just like a group stage.

Indeed. A Gold League ranking would be the only relevant prediction, due to the lack of sufficient servers to not play the same servers twice.

FA

in WvW

Posted by: HellCommander.4301

HellCommander.4301

DB apparently can turn the game with your coverage

in WvW

Johje Holan.4607

I’m going to need to change my prediction. Looks like DB Sea can’t overcome YB PvE tournament goers.

YB for the win.

in WvW

Posted by: Afya.5842

Afya.5842

YB seems to have 40+ blob 24/7.
I really have no idea how that happen.

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Few things going for YB are the general care of siege and fortifications. They have players dedicated to maintaining siege and actively promote it. The second is a ridiculously positive laid back attitude. Most calm TS I have ever been on bar none. Even map chat is really tame even when pressured. I will also give them strong props for organization. Their commanders talk to each other and coordinate. Lastly they play for points. While they do blob they actively try to run multiple blobs to keep objectives flipped and coordinate those flips with the counter. The side effect is a lot of zerg wipes since DB/CD forms a single mega-blob on a map.

The downside… player for player YB has a weak zerg. Lots of uplevels and soft builds in here. There are some solid groups but the YB zerg would get crushed by an FA/Mag zerg of equal or even lessor size. Different focus though… T2 for a long time was about open field fighting and it showed.

All-in-all a pleasant place to hang my hat until T1 opens up. Certainly great TS conversations to be had and nobody jumps down someone elses crap for losing something.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: NotOneToRidicule.2340

NotOneToRidicule.2340

General consensus seems to be that SBI will come in 4th. NOICE!! Not bad for a server that basically just lost a huge chunk of its organized wvw guilds (so they say). We’re now working on 3rd resurrection in 12 months. Maybe they should call us the Phoenix…If you wanna join us, come on over! Someone talked about YB’s cool ts. I bet we have more fun! The other evening N/A prime we were laughing so hard in ts that I had tears in my eyes, Lurkerizer was peeing his pants and WeeOne was snorting! If you’re an SBI’er, you know who I’m talking about…

Avatar Deathbringer ~ Karolina Klum
Deadly Legends [DDLG] – Stormbluff Isle

in WvW

NiloyBardhan.9170

Few things going for YB are the general care of siege and fortifications. They have players dedicated to maintaining siege and actively promote it. The second is a ridiculously positive laid back attitude. Most calm TS I have ever been on bar none. Even map chat is really tame even when pressured. I will also give them strong props for organization. Their commanders talk to each other and coordinate. Lastly they play for points. While they do blob they actively try to run multiple blobs to keep objectives flipped and coordinate those flips with the counter. The side effect is a lot of zerg wipes since DB/CD forms a single mega-blob on a map.

The downside… player for player YB has a weak zerg. Lots of uplevels and soft builds in here. There are some solid groups but the YB zerg would get crushed by an FA/Mag zerg of equal or even lessor size. Different focus though… T2 for a long time was about open field fighting and it showed.

All-in-all a pleasant place to hang my hat until T1 opens up. Certainly great TS conversations to be had and nobody jumps down someone elses crap for losing something.

Off-topic, when did you transfer to YB?

in WvW

NiloyBardhan.9170

YB seems to have 40+ blob 24/7.
I really have no idea how that happen.

It’s the players pulling overtime that they ALWAYS do during season, so its not surprising. In addition to that we have lots of PvE’ers influx during season as well.

If you think we received lots of guilds just before season then you’re wrong. We always perform better during season than during off season.

in WvW

alvinjason.3109

40+? wait till u see SBI this season. 24/7 queue blobs

in WvW

Posted by: Blockhead Magee.3092

Blockhead Magee.3092

What time is that happening? Outside of reset night, I only see EB with a queue for a couple hours during NA primetime. Did we get an influx of SEA players or something?

SBI

in WvW

mango.9267

What time is that happening? Outside of reset night, I only see EB with a queue for a couple hours during NA primetime. Did we get an influx of SEA players or something?

SBI has always had SEA players, but they’re usually PvE’ing. They didn’t WvW consistently in the past, but now that the season is upon us, they’ve been going hard. Not sure if they’ll continue raiding, but they sure as hell queued during SEA this weekend.

That said, alvinjason isn’t quite correct. SBI blobs pretty hard for most time zones, but they’re actually still quite weak during OCX, where they have a skeleton force in EB and their BL.

Second Child

in WvW

Johje Holan.4607

SBI has always had SEA players, but they’re usually PvE’ing. They didn’t WvW consistently in the past, but now that the season is upon us, they’ve been going hard. Not sure if they’ll continue raiding, but they sure as hell queued during SEA this weekend.

That said, alvinjason isn’t quite correct. SBI blobs pretty hard for most time zones, but they’re actually still quite weak during OCX, where they have a skeleton force in EB and their BL.

Yea that won’t last. As soon as SBI PvE’ers meet the slightest resistance they’ll disappear. I hope I’m wrong and they stick around to fight DB, CD and YB. But I doubt it.

in WvW

Posted by: Ben K.6238

Ben K.6238

Should get at least one more match out of them, since it looks like we’re coming out of this match well-placed.

I’m not sure how DR’s NA for this season compares to last time SBI played them, but so far it looks like they’re doing pretty well and it’s really just the returned Korean presence that’s keeping SBI in contention for the top 4.

YB seems to have had a significant influx for the season and at this point you’d be brave to pick anything other than first place for them. I’m not sure how CD, DB and SBI are likely to fare though. It was looking like an even competition until the last-minute guild trading, but at least it’s not Gold League.

in WvW

Posted by: Tibs.2783

Tibs.2783

I am calling

1. YB
2.DB
3.CD
Rest – Cant say I know

Its close between DB and YB, but so far it seems that the surplus of YB infrastructure(SIEGE) and pve response will outweigh the dominant asian player base that DB has.

When I roam in the morning all I run into are asians from DB. I prefer fighting Australians to asians because when an Australian insults me I know what he means, but with the asian players I cant tell what their broken english is trying to say, but I assume its meant to be insults. Hurts my delicate feelings