NA T1 off-peak hours situation

in WvW

Posted by: yanniell.1236

yanniell.1236

As much as I like the BP community (and I really do), I play mostly outside of the NA prime-time, and I’ve not been able to enjoy WvW to the fullest. Right now (4:30 am server time) we don’t have a commander in any of the 4 maps, and the fights are always unbalanced (too much coverage disparity). My question: how is the situation on T1 servers between 12:30am and 6:30am server time? Is there a commander on some maps? Good number of people? Some big fights?

Another factor that is important to me is fights as balanced as possible. I really don’t want to be on a server that roflstomp everybody or be on a server that gets roflstomped, and T1 seens, at least from outside, kind of balanced.

Anyway, I’d really appreciate some feedback from players from T1 servers. Thanks!!

[HUE]

in WvW

Posted by: SpehssMehreen.5897

SpehssMehreen.5897

Less and less people are playing WvW the longer it stagnates, thats the reality that we face. For T1 servers though

Some have better communities than others
Some have better coverage than others
Some will pay you to transfer to them
And Some are so enormously complex its hard to describe them in short phrases.

So its up to you what you wanna pick, although if its just you and not an entire guild I doubt that server will pay so you can cross that out

in WvW

Posted by: Talyn.3295

Talyn.3295

It would depend of in your looking more for Oceanic Or Sea coverage.

You list 12:30-6:30, that falls in about our main time for my guild.

But I can tell you that your gonna find people on all through the night. It won’t be like it is during North American Prime Time. But we are never lacking for fights. All three BG/TC/JQ can field a pretty decent size ball.

SoS and Mag are not gonna win against any of the big three, but they are not gonna be lacking in people to play with.

Just my Two cents.

“We have now left Reason and Sanity Junction. Next stop, Looneyville.”

in WvW

Posted by: Hobbitz.5831

Hobbitz.5831

BG dominates late NA. TC and JQ are both pretty dead until their OCX logs on in 3 hours.

Even then, JQ/TC spend most of their time running away from KnT’s 60 man blob that loves to build open field siege.

in WvW

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

And you just named the biggest reason our guild left BP for TC. Outside of a small window, there were virtually no BP forces to play with, only PvDoor enemy blobs. At least in T1 there’s always something going on, even if you have to dodge blobs or 7-12 “roaming” groups that will chase one person clear across the map.

Whispers with meat.

in WvW

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

Some have better communities than others

• I do not agree. All 3 servers have good communites

Some have better coverage than others

• Yes and No. Are we talking about Weekdays or Weekends? And is there overtime played by the server players? To be honest, there are coverage gaps that have existed in certain servers for a long time. I shall not commit to what exactly is missing in what server.

Some will pay you to transfer to them

• Ask this question in the community forum www.gw2wvw.net

And Some are so enormously complex its hard to describe them in short phrases.

• I do not understand this particular question
Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

in WvW

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

There’s no off peak in T1. Just a few hours of down time in each server’s weak zone(s)

In Blackgate at least, we aim to have at least 2 commanders up at any one time, just to cover more ground, but there areof course times when that’s not possible due to lack of numbers. There’s always a tag up though. Can’t say for the other servers, but they have people to play against so…

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

(edited by Reverence.6915)

in WvW

Posted by: renmei.3102

renmei.3102

Right now what what I think most people consider late NA and the people you’ll be playing with are the night owl NAs and oceanics who are logging in early. There won’t be too many people pn (at least for T1’s standards) but there should always be at least one or two commanders on leading a consolidated float team of maybe 20ish people in voice chat + random puggies that has sentries at all the important structures and will hop maps to defend or attack the important stuff.

(edited by renmei.3102)

in WvW

Posted by: SFShinigami.2015

SFShinigami.2015

Okay I cracked up at that post. You managed to hit all 3 servers with one shot LOL.

BG definitely has organized groups the most often during the special little time between NA and OCX. JQ and TC always have something though they are usually hopping maps to protect things. All 3 servers tend to have EB coverage 24/7 though at points its just people running about their own corner.

During OCX I think BG and JQ are roughly even, TC has some but its definitely their weak spot, though they aren’t getting rolled over by any means, they just have fewer people.

During SEA JQ is topped out, definitely the most people. BG is pretty respectable size. TC has a little sea specific coverage but a lot of times its their OCX staying up late, they’re definitely outmanned but can hold their own in a fight.

As servers overall, BG is the most organized and hardcore ppt. JQ can play PPT when it wants to but is usually more casual about that and plays a mix of ppt and fights or at the very least accepts that sometimes it doesn’t have coverage and isn’t too broken up about losing something because of it. TC I haven’t gotten a good feel for yet. They have a lot of roamers, a lot of havoc style guilds, a few fights guilds and a few generic slight ppt slight fights guilds. TC is also the unofficial roleplaying server and is most likely to kitten around with you in WvW, JQ is 2nd most likely then BG but everyone loves a quaggan.

Jigglenaut/Numa Rar/Jakuho Raikoben/Tenel Ka Djo/Kurotsuchi Taichou [SF]/[LOVE]
All Hail CuddleStrike! Undisputed Empress of Tier 1!
Controlled by CuddleStrike!

in WvW

Posted by: yanniell.1236

yanniell.1236

TY all for the feedback! It seems to me that move to a T1 server would really be a improvement in my WvW experience.

I’m kinda of sad to leave such great community, but the coverage disparity between servers and the lack of people on mostly times is slowly killing my pleasure on playing WvW.

About the queues, I’ve been heard that they are not insane outside reset night. Is it true or will I have to wait to enter any map everytime I want to play?

[HUE]

in WvW

Posted by: goldenwing.8473

goldenwing.8473

The infamous rumors about 24/7 queue times still persist?

Other than reset night, between 11:00 PM / Midnight and 4:00 AM (PDT) on BG, my guildmates and I can almost always slip into WvW without queues. The most we have ever seen was maybe 12 person queue for EBG. And that’s pretty rare.

We will often land on a BL map with no commander (at that particular moment), as the commanders are hopping from map to map in a coordinated fashion. (<3 for KnT.) If JQ is fielding a zerg at that point, depending on map, we might find ourselves with a temporary outnumbered buff. Not saying it’s empty, there are plenty of good fights to be had and defense that needs to happen.

BG: 52 alts, 29 lvl 80’s. They all look good, so I am done with the game: Oct 2014

(edited by goldenwing.8473)

in WvW

Posted by: SFShinigami.2015

SFShinigami.2015

It is unlikely that JQ will have a queue during your time of play. I suspect TC is queueless most of the day, maybe occaisionally during EU and probably has some sort of queue during NA. Whenever there is a queue they’re never very long and you can usually get into another map to do something until your queue pops. The only time queues are every crazy stupid are when we get a weird matchup with 2 T2 servers. In those cases, typically you’ll see most fighting contained to a single map, usually EB, so you have everyone trying to fit in there. Fortunately those things only happen during seasons and are really rare outside of seasons.

Jigglenaut/Numa Rar/Jakuho Raikoben/Tenel Ka Djo/Kurotsuchi Taichou [SF]/[LOVE]
All Hail CuddleStrike! Undisputed Empress of Tier 1!
Controlled by CuddleStrike!

in WvW

Posted by: renmei.3102

renmei.3102

Right now is a weird time since the seasons just ended and a lot of people are taking breaks from the overtimes we pulled. On TC the only time a queue pops is during NA and only on one map, maybe two once in a blue moon. I noticed that it mainly happens if a popular commander is leading, all the pugs will jump to that map. Or if an important objective is getting attacked then the map will get queued to hit/defend it. The only other exception is the karma trains on Friday where everyone blobs up one map or two, no one cares about defending and everyone relaxes in vent/mumble.

in WvW

Posted by: Ryan.9387

Ryan.9387

You wont find queues on more than 2 maps except on reset night. You will find 24/7 fights on all 3 servers. At worst you will have something going on in ebg and a float team for the 3 borderlands.

Do not go to the “wvw forums.” There is nothing there but a cesspool of hate and lies. There is no better way to encourage you not to transfer to t1 than visiting that website.

Ranger | Elementalist

in WvW

Posted by: goldenwing.8473

goldenwing.8473

Don’t want to pull this off topic, very quickly: I was expecting the other wvw forums to be, as you said, a cesspool. What I found was a lot of ribbing back and forth, some good natured and a couple of trolls (appears to be one or two at most) from each server that only end up trolling each other. Most of the other posters understand who they are; the trolls do a very bad job and are too easy to ignore. Also found a lot of “thank you”s for good fights. All servers have folks that try to spread lies about them… we’ve seen that too often even here. Gets old.

Back on topic: yes, off-season is happening. There are less folks on. In the height of seasons (1 and 2), I think our guild never waited more than 10 minutes (closer to NA prime time) in a queue for any of the BL maps (other than reset night of course.)

BG: 52 alts, 29 lvl 80’s. They all look good, so I am done with the game: Oct 2014

(edited by goldenwing.8473)