NA Top One Tier Concern

NA Top One Tier Concern

in WvW

Posted by: Vonmanstein.3645

Vonmanstein.3645

@OP

You have my sympathy. Too tired atm to try & convince ANet to do the right thing…when the post will be deleted.

Anybody see the ANet report card yet?

http://www.mmogames.com/gamenews/ncsoft-q4-2016-lineage-guild-wars-2-wildstar-disappears/

Diku

Uhhh, clearly financial analysis isn’t a good career choice for you. They shipped the first major expansion in Q4 FY15, so they’re obviously going to see a big pop in revenue in Q4 FY15 through Q1 FY16. After this, it’s the ongoing gem sales that’s driving revenue (which remains remarkably stable). You should expect to see a similar, albeit smaller, increase in revenue after the release of their next expansion.

Remember, this game is nearly half a decade old. By all measures, it’s been quite a success from a business perspective.

GW2 & their WvW game mode could, should, and would be the next huge eSport on par & scale with the NFL Franchise…if they have the right vision & guidance…sadly…the current team is clueless on what really drives & can make this game mode incredibly epic…imho.

It’s depressing to see this golden opportunity squandered because there is no solid vision & a steady hand on steering it to that destination.

I don’t see the NFL Franchise in the next decade of slowing down…although anything is possible if given enough time…so the NFL SuperBowl might become the next big flop.

Think economies of scale…if a team could be the size of a WvW world…the community would drive demand internally…now imagine fans loyal to their team…and what they would spend for the love of their team.

Peace,
Diku

Well, you’re entitled to get upset over a video game, I guess.

I, for one, plan to keep having fun in WvW for what it is – the best existing large-scale PvP game on the market. I’ll buy the expansion, too. Hopefully, Camelot Unchained won’t be far off at that point.

NA Top One Tier Concern

in WvW

Posted by: Jerry CCH.9816

Jerry CCH.9816

Thx Anet WvW TEAM <3

NA top one tier awsome now

winnie@BlackGate

NA Top One Tier Concern

in WvW

Posted by: Taxidriver.2043

Taxidriver.2043

Thx Anet WvW TEAM <3

no kidding BG dont need to run away and get farmed by MAG anymore.

NA Top One Tier Concern

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

Sorry Maguuma, no one down here has your numbers.

To be fair, Mag did have a 13.3 KDR on EBG after the first skirmish and EBG had a queue for every server so the numbers were equal, I’m pretty sure YB/ DB are also outgunned.

red BL was the only queue for the first skirmish (no clue afterwords), and it wasn’t very deep….

and a Maguuma queue of 99 for EBG – YB hasn’t seen a queue like that since 2015…

That’s cause they told everyone to try and queue for ebg even if you didn’t want to go there, just to see if they could break 100, which I think they did. But yeah ebg filled up pretty fast last night, was a queue within 5s of the match starting. Other queue happened when one zerg tried to move maps. Still lower than the 2-3 map queues that happened a month ago in t1. Supposedly mag had 21 kdr in ebg at one point too. Mag should be in t2, and jq should be in t1.

@OP

You have my sympathy. Too tired atm to try & convince ANet to do the right thing…when the post will be deleted.

Anybody see the ANet report card yet?

http://www.mmogames.com/gamenews/ncsoft-q4-2016-lineage-guild-wars-2-wildstar-disappears/

Diku

Uhhh, clearly financial analysis isn’t a good career choice for you. They shipped the first major expansion in Q4 FY15, so they’re obviously going to see a big pop in revenue in Q4 FY15 through Q1 FY16. After this, it’s the ongoing gem sales that’s driving revenue (which remains remarkably stable). You should expect to see a similar, albeit smaller, increase in revenue after the release of their next expansion.

Remember, this game is nearly half a decade old. By all measures, it’s been quite a success from a business perspective.

They had a pop in two quarters for the expansion and then the rest of the year they were 10-15m under the average quarter from before the expansion. Their 4th quarter sometimes bring in a little extra, but the last 4th was the lowest of every quarter they’ve ever had.

The game being nearly have a decade means little, lineage is almost 20 years old and still brings in 4x what gw2 does. When wow hit it’s 4 year mark they were on their second expansion and near their peak 12 mil subs. A game is fine as long as they provide content and keep their customers happy on a regular basis.

Obviously things are different these days with subs games going out of style, and with cash shops taking over. GW2 relies mostly on gem sales, which requires anet on “delighting” their player base often to promote those sales. I think the biggest problem is the way anet has gone about that in the last few years, they have made a lot of missteps that include neglecting wvw, now they’re kinda suffering for it.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

NA Top One Tier Concern

in WvW

Posted by: Hexalot.8194

Hexalot.8194

Thx Anet WvW TEAM <3

You know, this is some funny kitten.

You left Tier 1 because you “claimed” you wanted fights. So ANET pushed you all the way down to Tier 3 where you’re currently blowing out DB and YB (and it’s only Saturday) to the point where they’ll soon be instituting a boycott of their own, leaving you no one to fight.

You can’t make this stuff up. :-D

NA Top One Tier Concern

in WvW

Posted by: Digikid.7230

Digikid.7230

Thx Anet WvW TEAM <3

You left Tier 1 because you “claimed” you wanted fights. So ANET pushed you all the way down to Tier 3 where you’re currently blowing out DB and YB (and it’s only Saturday) to the point where they’ll soon be instituting a boycott of their own, leaving you no one to fight.

Mag is currently 4 points ahead and came in last place a couple of times, its hardly a blowout…….

Some guy on a bunch of servers, mostly Mag
Former top 50 spvp engi main.

NA Top One Tier Concern

in WvW

Posted by: Caliburn.1845

Caliburn.1845

YB had a queue of three on YB bl for a few minutes last night. No queue on EBG or any other map. On DB bl YB had the outnumbered buff flickering on and off for the first few hours of reset.

Clearly even numbers.

Caliburn.1845, Monsters Inc.
Darkhaven>Dragonbrand>Blackgate>Maguuma>Yaks Bend>Stormbluff Isle>Yaks Bend

NA Top One Tier Concern

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

I, for one, plan to keep having fun in WvW for what it is – the best existing large-scale PvP game on the market. I’ll buy the expansion, too. Hopefully, Camelot Unchained won’t be far off at that point.

Except its not the best.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

NA Top One Tier Concern

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Thx Anet WvW TEAM <3

How is Mag rolling T3 the fault of Mag?

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

NA Top One Tier Concern

in WvW

Posted by: Digikid.7230

Digikid.7230

YB had a queue of three on YB bl for a few minutes last night. No queue on EBG or any other map. On DB bl YB had the outnumbered buff flickering on and off for the first few hours of reset.

Clearly even numbers.

I mean, YB did do well in skirmishes outside the start! You even knocked mag to last place and won one, then DB won during SEA

Some guy on a bunch of servers, mostly Mag
Former top 50 spvp engi main.

(edited by Digikid.7230)

NA Top One Tier Concern

in WvW

Posted by: Waffle.3748

Waffle.3748

I am not even from BG.

“Don’t listen to this guy I am on BG and have seen this guy wipe to an upleveled ranger multiple times. He is really terrible lmao.”

So which is it?

NA Top One Tier Concern

in WvW

Posted by: Moderator

[Match-up threads are not permitted on the forums. Thank you!]