NA players on EU servers

NA players on EU servers

in WvW

Posted by: RodOfDeath.5247

RodOfDeath.5247

For the NA players kittenide on EU servers, how is the ping, lag, and all those fancy words that I have no clue what they truly mean. I’ve been saving up gold and was thinking of the EU experience

More of a roamer if that helps, don’t really hang with zergs much and not into those 3 way smc fights.

Thanks for any advice!

NA players on EU servers

in WvW

Posted by: MadBomber.3719

MadBomber.3719

i put a ftp account on EU a while back to test, was getting like 120ms ping but it was in PvE and it was connected to the server in Texas still so Im not sure if that changes a lot if you go into WvW. I live on the west coast but ping should be less if you live on the east coast

shit guardian on maguuma

(edited by MadBomber.3719)

NA players on EU servers

in WvW

RodOfDeath.5247

Reside is a bad word anet? lol

Thanks Mad, I do live on the west coast.

NA players on EU servers

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

I get less lag on my EU account than my NA. Mind you, I’m EST. Have heard it’s bad for west coast folks.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

NA players on EU servers

in WvW

Posted by: Reign.2753

Reign.2753

I normally get ~ 70 ping connecting from the east coast. It isnt a bad experience at all

NA players on EU servers

in WvW

RodOfDeath.5247

I normally get ~ 70 ping connecting from the east coast. It isnt a bad experience at all

Forgive me, could someone translate ping? lol

Ok thanks reign! I suppose I can just ask anet if I could move back to NA if the lag is god awful. Maybe they’ll be nice to me

NA players on EU servers

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

In California. I can’t play EU unless I use a VPN to New York. Consumer routing across the US is bad.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

NA players on EU servers

in WvW

RodOfDeath.5247

In California. I can’t play EU unless I use a VPN to New York. Consumer routing across the US is bad.

Well you’re one of the more knowledgeable ones in wvw Chaba. I guess I’ll stay put in NA for now.

Thanks all

NA players on EU servers

in WvW

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

I’m in EU myself. I have no clue about the differences between EU and NA. Why do NA want to come to EU WvW?

NA players on EU servers

in WvW

Posted by: Nuzt.7894

Nuzt.7894

Off the top of my head I can’t remember what the exact numbers were but it was more then playable. I am 1 hour ahead of West coast so basically West Coast and I didn’t find it all that noticeable. I should say though, I was playing late night NA times so around 10 pm EST – Some time early morning EST so there wasn’t a whole lot of Giant battles going on around me which may be the case as to why I barely noticed a difference between NA/EU.

NA players on EU servers

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

Well you’re one of the more knowledgeable ones in wvw Chaba. I guess I’ll stay put in NA for now.

Thanks all

It probably wouldn’t hurt to try with an f2p account and there are free VPNs to use. The first time I had an account in EU it was fine for the most part without a VPN then there was a patch and after that I couldn’t really connect at all. The next time I got the VPN which improved things and haven’t tried connecting without a VPN since then.

And FYI, I was playing during EU Prime hours.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast