NA to EU server

NA to EU server

in WvW

Posted by: UKADAM.3910

UKADAM.3910

hi, so the run down:
-im currently on sorrows furnace server right now.
-been on it since launch.
-been in and out of wvw since the last wvw tournament (the good old days of wvw)
- im from the uk

so basically wvw has gotta so dead now im deciding to change server from NA to a EU
Mainly cause the time different is annoying and most time its empty and out numbered
(even tho it could just be that noone plays wvw anymore on my server)
what ever it is i wanna change server but i have no idea what is a good server in EU for wvwing
I also love fractals and open world stuff so i dont want a sever thats empty in that appartment either.

so yeah anyone could help , thank you

(edited by UKADAM.3910)

NA to EU server

in WvW

Posted by: hayabusafmw.9370

hayabusafmw.9370

Good decision. Cause an uk server will probably run smoother since you are initially from the UK. I’m for my part am too from SF. I can tell you that sorrow’s furnace means well but are lacking numbers like drastically. I would say that when you see our biggest blop at most we will run 50? while the other servers will always have 80+ responding at any given time. Does that mean we lose a lot of those fights? nope. But when everyone goes to bed all we have worked for 6 hours + is gone in less than 1. So on that note you are 100% right. Just be careful not to join a tier 1 as they aren’t as fun as you would think. Less roaming possibilities.

Thanks to have helped us in wvw hopefully you find something better. Cause let’s face it ANET WON’T DO kitten about it. Been 3 years and counting. I imagine the top guys taking decisions for wvw. In my imagination i imagine 2 ostriches still fixing the walls and being like HA HA….. maybe we should give them an answer soon?. Nah let’s just release an unrelevant gem store item for a limited 7 DAYS period.

Anyhow thanks again for your services don’t hate you to leave RMS titanic.

(edited by hayabusafmw.9370)

NA to EU server

in WvW

Posted by: UKADAM.3910

UKADAM.3910

Thank you and I’m sorry that I’m leaving your server, itl just benefit me more and I recommend anyone to join Sorrow Furnace server , people are nice and friendly and barely any poison people, everyone on it is helpful

So anyone on a ru server would be able to answer op would be great full

NA to EU server

in WvW

Posted by: Hevoskuuri.3891

Hevoskuuri.3891

SFR would gladly welcome you, able soldiers are needed!

Zergs going through most of the day, and always activity even when they’re not.

NA to EU server

in WvW

Posted by: Threather.9354

Threather.9354

ok so brief introduction to english speaking servers in EU:
- Piken fun and most friendly to people, no guildbased fight commanders so they’re not ashamed to build ACs and stuff when fighting stronger servers
- Fsp, Far Shiverpeaks, is the “fighting server” with minimal amount of pugs where people transfer to for easy fights and then transfer off when they want challenge. Fun though because they talk on teamspeak.
- Sfr, Seafarers Rest, is somewhere between, lot of lowbrains, lot of decent commanders.
- Gandara is the odd one, it has lot of ups and downs, lot of complaining and lot of friendliness. Its the most untouched EU server by bandvagoning.
- Desolation is at the moment on hibernation because they cant really play when they’re unlinked because over half of the players who dont give up after 1 fight only go there when it is linked. Also you will never see 50+ blob or more than 40 on teamspeak.
- AG, Aurora glade, is doomed to stay in t5 forever, because they’re used to losing, They have some good players but they dont want to win the matchups. (its dead there like 12 hours a day)
- GH, Gunnars Hold, is more active but its more of an issue that the players there suck so they cant climb in rankings.

So for roaming (if you’re skilled which everyone seems to think they are) you want to go to:
- Desolation, sfr, Gandara
for friendly somewhat hybrid community:
- Piken, AG, GH, Gandara, sfr
For 24/7 action would be most likely (so more ppt based):
- Piken, Gandara, Sfr, Deso
For only blobbing, because you will be outnumbered roaming:
- Fsp

Outside english speaking servers, worth looking at are Riverside and Jade Sea but they wont seriously speak english.

Also you mentioned you wanna do fractals and other boring PvE stuff, with the megaserver system I guess you mean you’re intending to ask map/teamchat for people to come with you, its not gonna work in EU servers, better just join a guild for that. or use LFG if youre good enough

Hope you got some idea now

Edit:
It doesnt really matter which tier you go on EU, t5 has about same amount of kills as t1 normally. So its not dead anywhere like in NA. Just dont play desert boreder

Diamond Rank Copyrights [CR]
EU Roamer, Dueler, Commander, Fighter, Scout

(edited by Threather.9354)