NO reason that immob stacking should exist

in WvW

Posted by: Ruru.1302

Ruru.1302

There is absolutely NO REASON that immobilize should ever kittening stack duration.

mag
[Mada] Apocryfia

in WvW

Posted by: fabz.4736

fabz.4736

it wouldn’t be so bad if it was the first condition taken away when you try to cleanse but it is annoying when you have 6+ condi on you. use your shouts and yet you still have 10+sec of immbo and cant do anything about it

in WvW

Posted by: EFWinters.5421

EFWinters.5421

Everyone knows this.

But show me one example of ArenaNet reverting a change that proved to be kittened.

Human Guardian
Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Arlette.9684

Arlette.9684

+1 for this.

Thanks to immobilize stacking they turned Engineer into hard counter for Guardian.

Moira Dreamweaver lvl 80 Guardian [TG], Sky Mira lvl 80 Ranger [TG]
Isle of Janthir
All is Vain

in WvW

Posted by: Deli.1302

Deli.1302

Even if Anet agrees, they won’t change it. They have too much pride to ever admit to a mistake.

in WvW

Posted by: Omne.4603

Omne.4603

The real issue is that Immobilize is a CC that is treated like a condition etc. Stacking should not exist in any MMO. CC chaining is something that should utilize player skill not target mark spamming.

I Cant Stop/ Ocularis
NSP | Os Guild Master
www.osguild.org | www.youtube.com/osthink

in WvW

Posted by: Phule.1968

Phule.1968

CC’s should never stack in any form or shape, and the same goes for chain CC, get them immunity goin or make the crap supershort.

Where’s my X-ray goggles when I need em?

in WvW

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

CC’s should never stack in any form or shape, and the same goes for chain CC, get them immunity goin or make the crap supershort.

This right here. I should never get knocked down 5 times before even getting to move, I should not be seeing 15+ seconds of immobilize, I should not be seeing 21+ seconds of Fear (not joking, it’s happened to me before), and I should not be getting pulled by 4 different fields at the same time (I was actually laughing during that one happening to me, but still).

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

in WvW

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

I think condi damage needs a look first before we look at immunity timers.

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

in WvW

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

Crowd Control in general, and that includes Immobilize as well as Fear, should simply not be considered Conditions.

Quite simple really.

I thought one of the ambitions GW2 had set out to achieve is limit the amount of CC that is spammed in MMOs. But instead it’s now worse here than it ever was elsewhere.

in WvW

Posted by: Woodsman Silencio.9361

Woodsman Silencio.9361

The real issue is that Immobilize is a CC that is treated like a condition etc. Stacking should not exist in any MMO. CC chaining is something that should utilize player skill not target mark spamming.

I think it also violates their own philosophy of Damage / Control / Support. By treating control skills the same way as damage skills ( to wich i count the condition damage ) they convert the control into damage.
Stacking damage i can certainly live with. It utilices playerskill since you have to pay attention to wich target you apply your stack of condition damage.
Stacking Control. It just sounds off the moment you say it and that should say it already. You either have control or you don’t, you don’t have a stack of it……

Co-founder and Co-leader of: Global Guild of Dark.

in WvW

Posted by: zamalek.2154

zamalek.2154

I agree that it shouldn’t stack, but honestly the alternative is worse. What I’ll do instead is wait until the immob wears off and hit you with it again.

Forget that immob is a condition and stacks duration; the real problem is that it is so easy to apply in the first place – there are an abundance of abilities that apply it (e.g. a P/D thief can perpetually re-apply immob – something I personally tend to do with that alt in zergs).

Auroraglade
Epistemic.8013: Guys this is bullkitten a sentient plant creature is hitting these
wooden doors with fireballs and it’s working

in WvW

Posted by: SoPP.7034

SoPP.7034

It manages to completely lock down your ability to play, no other skill manages to accomplish it in the same way. On occasions I literally felt like I’m tapping my fingers waiting for the immobilize to finish so that I can keep playing.

I can appreciate immobilizers in game but given that GW2 is encouraged to be a fluid playing game, stacking immobilize seems excessive and contrary to this.

It’s amusing in the stupidest way.

One time I was locked down for what seemed like an absolute eternity. It was a zerg fight in WvW, the immobilize lasted so long I managed to have a small conversation with myself:

Immobilized “Ugh I was having some good fights too. Oh no…. the enemy train is heading this this way. No wait, it’s passing I think, but I’m still taking some damage, I hope I’m ok”. Zerg passes “Oh thank god for that, that was close” Immobilize ends.

A warrior, a guardian, and an elementalist walk into an open field…
The Warrior turns to the guardian and says, “Did you hear something?”
Guardian replies, “No, but how’d the elementalist die?”

in WvW

Posted by: TyPin.9860

TyPin.9860

Everyone knows this.

But show me one example of ArenaNet reverting a change that proved to be kittened.

Even if Anet agrees, they won’t change it. They have too much pride to ever admit to a mistake.

Character bound WXP… at least the change is announced.

[ROSE] – Fissure of Woe
Chronomancy works, I am proof of it. Now stop asking me questions. Time must be preserved!

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Whoever came with the idea of stacking immobilize should be fired

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

It doesn’t help that there is an immobilize bug still in the game that prevents a player from moving after it wears off. The bug seems to work just like the siege bug where a player has to switch weapons to move again. Our D/D ele gets kittened since switching weapons isn’t an option.

I also suspect a lot of players are getting hit with this and think they are immobilized for a long period of time rather than stuck by a bug.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: Kitiara.2706

Kitiara.2706

There should be diminishing returns. And immob SHOULD NOT STACK! Its just incredible BS.

in WvW

Posted by: Arlette.9684

Arlette.9684

I think it stacking wouldn’t be such a problem if it wasn’t for the fact that it’s considered as a condition and is not affected by stability. I get Cripple, but immobilize does cause loss of control, you can’t dodge, you can’t move and for some melee dependent classes you can’t attack.

Moira Dreamweaver lvl 80 Guardian [TG], Sky Mira lvl 80 Ranger [TG]
Isle of Janthir
All is Vain

in WvW

Posted by: Rezzet.3614

Rezzet.3614

the cool thing about warriors is you break out of cc by using movement skills

like GS # 5 GS # 3 Sword # 2 shield # 4
Eviscerate Earthshaker Bull’s charge

in WvW

Posted by: dreztina.4820

dreztina.4820

it wouldn’t be so bad if it was the first condition taken away when you try to cleanse but it is annoying when you have 6+ condi on you. use your shouts and yet you still have 10+sec of immbo and cant do anything about it

Yep, and yet when I try to use stability with ether renewal, a thief can instantly strip it and daze me regardless of how many boons I have up.

Out of Attunement – D/D Ele
Maguuma