NSP the way to go?

NSP the way to go?

in WvW

Posted by: Specklez.2694

Specklez.2694

So I’ve been playing my warrior in ET for quite awhile now, and find that what I like most in wvw is roaming, However ET and the servers it faces are just too low of a population to actually even see people often. Because of this I have been saving up for a transfer, and now that I am close, I’ve been thinking of NSP as a server. What do you guys think of this choice? Is there a better server for solo or small team roaming? Thanks in advance!
NOTE: I also do like to follow a zerg occasionally

NSP the way to go?

in WvW

Posted by: Ghostrider.6537

Ghostrider.6537

DR is the current bandwagon server i hear there giving 50 gold to help with transfer per person id check there

NSP the way to go?

in WvW

Posted by: Loosmaster.8263

Loosmaster.8263

The gold I can’t answer for. The so called bandwagon, maybe 3-4 small guilds. Roaming is good on the BL’s. EB, you will prob get ganked. There is a lot of duel in EB also.

Tacktical Killers [TK]
We’re looking for players.
PM me here or ING.

NSP the way to go?

in WvW

Posted by: Hamster.4861

Hamster.4861

I enjoy playing against NSP. they’re decent enough in NA, especially if you’re a night owl.

#uncage birdsong

NSP the way to go?

in WvW

Posted by: Baron Oakley.1539

Baron Oakley.1539

I’m from NSP. We have zergs (~25ish, sometimes bigger) in NA primetime during weekdays, and pretty much all day on weekends (maybe not first thing in the morning). Weekday mornings and afternoons a typical pug group will be 10-15ish, plus some smaller groups and roamers. Our OCX coverage is weakest, total number of people in WvW (all maps) will be 10-ish in that time period (~4 am to ~8 am Eastern), but there are unlikely to be any groups of more than 5. Enough people use the server TS during the day that you ckittene it as a way of seeing where the action is.

We definitely have solo roamers, I think most servers do? But nice thing about being where we are is that likelihood of a whole zerg coming to gank you is a good bit less than in T4 or T5.

We also have small team roamers, some guilds that are more into looking for small fights, others that like to run havoc.

PM me for more info, contacts etc.

Tar Telemmaite
Northern Shiverpeaks – NSP Pride!

(edited by Baron Oakley.1539)

NSP the way to go?

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Definitely NSP. You won’t have to worry about having no one to fight: NSP actively tries to stay in tiers where there is fighting.

NSP the way to go?

in WvW

Posted by: Ceaszar.4532

Ceaszar.4532

Go for Darkhaven. Beaten NSP twice and now being beaten by two Bronze tier servers. Just saying.

Watermelonitra/Akuma
Proud member of The Avant Garde [TAG]
Darkhaven

NSP the way to go?

in WvW

Posted by: Ghostrider.6537

Ghostrider.6537

NSP is cool but dont try to hard was the impression i got DR in all honesty is a bunch of trash but they just outnumber ppl with the guilds they have bought in the last month the original dr lol guilds like RED if there around you in wvw is like having a handicap. DH has descent covereage the guild SoTD cover’s during the day and they have good fighters in NA prime

NSP the way to go?

in WvW

Posted by: Dsybok.1405

Dsybok.1405

Honestly I think NSP has some of the most talented players I have faced in the last six months or so. Some of them are fast, well coordinated and honestly if they want a tower or keep, they are going to take it, and without 50 people. DR is only going to get zergier with the addition of one of FC’s most zerg oriented guild.

Ferguson’s Crossing
Ascenion of Elements
Sylvari Ele main

NSP the way to go?

in WvW

Posted by: Specklez.2694

Specklez.2694

Yeah thanks guys NSP is sounding good.

NSP the way to go?

in WvW

Posted by: Crunk n monkey.3749

Crunk n monkey.3749

Yea, DR is aiming for Tier 3 or higher. After pulling in guilds from bronze to help them rise up the ranks. They already such guilds as RED, BRL, HoD, and DmD. Now add in SM, BOMB, TBT, WZ.

They have any where between 5 – 7 medium to large guilds running at any given time. They also have their gank squads such as Ohai and Evil.

Ascended Phoenix [ASH] – Gates of Madness

NSP the way to go?

in WvW

Posted by: bloodletting wolf.2837

bloodletting wolf.2837

NSP has a great roaming community. I would have transferred a long time ago if it didn’t.

Kaa Mchorror NSP grenadier [hayt]

NSP the way to go?

in WvW

Posted by: highlandria.7941

highlandria.7941

Could consider kaineng. We always have a couple harassing our bl. We are likely to be facing tier 6 opponents a lot more including nsp. We are also fielding about 50 during na primetime.

NSP the way to go?

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

+1 on NSP, good people, excellent teamwork between guilds, good and always improving community with lots of organizations and events, good dedication from the WvW players.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

NSP the way to go?

in WvW

Posted by: XacTactX.6709

XacTactX.6709

If you ask about a specific server people from that server will recommend it unconditionally. The best way to know if a server is right for you is play on it beforehand. Wait until gw2 goes on sale, buy a second copy and use it to scout different servers. Check out one server every week, you’ll broaden your horizons and make an informed decision on where to take your main account.

I have a feeling that any server above t3 or maybe t4 is no fun to roam on because population goes up too much and people care more about killing and getting loot than letting you get a fair 1v1 or a doable 2v1. Eg the best way to not get ganked 5v1 while roaming is to not go to servers where people run in 5 man parties.

Anet likely didn’t want to remove the armor stats entirely because…well,
we’ve all seen what happens in games where there’s no disadvantage to taking your pants off.

(edited by XacTactX.6709)

NSP the way to go?

in WvW

Posted by: Deli.1302

Deli.1302

They have any where between 5 – 7 medium to large guilds running at any given time.

This does not mean what you think it means.

NSP the way to go?

in WvW

Posted by: BlazeQ.1095

BlazeQ.1095

As a member of NSP since pre-release. I wouldn’t consider moving to any other server. I get a little bit of everything on NSP. It’s not always a ray of sunshine when we are matched up against the higher ranked silver servers… but WvW isn’t all about PPT to me. I just want a good fight, and cold beer

Cold Beerdrinker
PB Officer
NSP

NSP the way to go?

in WvW

Posted by: peanut.3916

peanut.3916

id say SoR its A FAMILY FRIENDLY ENVIRONMENT AND WE ALWAYS HAVE FUN NO MATTER THE SITUATION COME JOIN US

NSP the way to go?

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Come to T2. Some of the best roamers and great small fights all around. I was a die hard T4-T6 roamer/skirmisher for the first year and a half of WvW but that action has moved to T2.

Course this morning T2 was a ghost town (about 10 of us across all maps) so I cannot imagine what T3 and lower must have looked like.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

NSP the way to go?

in WvW

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

Come to T2. Some of the best roamers and great small fights all around. I was a die hard T4-T6 roamer/skirmisher for the first year and a half of WvW but that action has moved to T2.

Course this morning T2 was a ghost town (about 10 of us across all maps) so I cannot imagine what T3 and lower must have looked like.

pretty much the same, except instead of saying “this morning,” we say something more like… “forever”

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

NSP the way to go?

in WvW

peanut.3916

Come to sor its a fun llace to go and have fun if you have more questions pm me

NSP the way to go?

in WvW

Posted by: UrMom.4205

UrMom.4205

If you solo roam don’t go to T2, T2’s roaming consists of 10ish players roaming around in packs nuking down 1’s and 2’s. Go on Twitch and look for FA,SOS, or MAG streamers and you will see what i’m talking about. Pretty much any server below T3 will be better for solo roaming. I personally think T3 is a nice balance, but it does get blobby here and there. So T4-6 might be a better option. Good luck wherever you go!

Team Raven [TR](Dead)
Wu Táng Financial [Táng] – YB

NSP the way to go?

in WvW

Posted by: alvinjason.3109

alvinjason.3109

NSP is cool but dont try to hard was the impression i got DR in all honesty is a bunch of trash but they just outnumber ppl with the guilds they have bought in the last month the original dr lol guilds like RED if there around you in wvw is like having a handicap. DH has descent covereage the guild SoTD cover’s during the day and they have good fighters in NA prime

The salt strong with this one.

To TS: Come check us out @ DR if you wish for some roaming we have roaming groups/solo roamers running around across different times.

Devona’s Rest → NSP [SA] [TeaP]

NSP the way to go?

in WvW

Posted by: Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

id say SoR its A FAMILY FRIENDLY ENVIRONMENT AND WE ALWAYS HAVE FUN NO MATTER THE SITUATION COME JOIN US

If what you say is true I’m tempted because where I am right now, T2, we are plagued with elitists guilds that just won’t play a game they deem below them. Many are actually behaving like complete @$$holes. I just want a place where the community act like a community and where all roles are appreciated. Mag was always somehow elitist, but we have reached a very unhealthy level of this kitten that I can n longer stand. I really think this attitude will destroy the server.

Long story short, I’ll consider any server where the atmosphere is better.

NSP the way to go?

in WvW

Posted by: TheGrimm.5624

TheGrimm.5624

You are always welcome to SoR. We are rebuilding currently and there are a large number of various size guilds running around, many are recruiting. And since we are varied sizes you will find a lot mixed groups of various guilds so you can find a variety of types of combat, aka there will be times to solo, havoc, warband and zerg.

Good hunting to you, where ever you head to next, see you in the field.

GW/PoTBS/WAR/Rift/WAR/GW2/CU

De Mortuis Nil Nisi Bonum.

NSP the way to go?

in WvW

peanut.3916

Yes sanctum of rall is a great server i have seen no guild act like jerks im in Rogue Agents just send me a a pm on the forums ir mail me in game

NSP the way to go?

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

If you solo roam don’t go to T2, T2’s roaming consists of 10ish players roaming around in packs nuking down 1’s and 2’s. Go on Twitch and look for FA,SOS, or MAG streamers and you will see what i’m talking about. Pretty much any server below T3 will be better for solo roaming. I personally think T3 is a nice balance, but it does get blobby here and there. So T4-6 might be a better option. Good luck wherever you go!

I roam and skirmish in T2 every day (haven’t missed a daily in over a year) and can say the roaming is great in T2. You will see packs of players but usually they are hanging around doing pickup fights in the usual locations. My small guild was worried when we moved up but all of us are glad we did. Better fights and more skilled roamers.

The truly impressive part to me is T2 at least on Mag has less commanders than any server I have ever been on. NA Prime might have 1 or 2 across all maps. Most players here expect pocket fighting rather than zerg on zerg fights. Lots of GvG action of all sizes too. It is a smorgasbord of action.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

NSP the way to go?

in WvW

Posted by: Brutal Augus.5917

Brutal Augus.5917

DR is the current bandwagon server i hear there giving 50 gold to help with transfer per person id check there

Yes, it is.

The gold I can’t answer for. The so called bandwagon, maybe 3-4 small guilds. Roaming is good on the BL’s. EB, you will prob get ganked. There is a lot of duel in EB also.

“3-4 small guilds” I lol’d at that. You sure did clear us in FC out. But we don’t hate you for it.

@OP:
If you want roaming, I’m not going to tell you to join FC. We’re in the process of rebuilding. You will see more hardcore dedicated havoc squads in FC than anything now since most of us left to go bandwagon DR. That being said, I wouldn’t join DH or NSP were I a player looking to roam. To blob tier 7 and 8 perhaps, but not roam. Honestly man, just go to FA. I hear good things from my friends there.

[varX] Limitless Potential

NSP the way to go?

in WvW

Posted by: Nuzt.7894

Nuzt.7894

Yes, it is.

“3-4 small guilds” I lol’d at that. You sure did clear us in FC out. But we don’t hate you for it.

@OP:
If you want roaming, I’m not going to tell you to join FC. We’re in the process of rebuilding. You will see more hardcore dedicated havoc squads in FC than anything now since most of us left to go bandwagon DR. That being said, I wouldn’t join DH or NSP were I a player looking to roam. To blob tier 7 and 8 perhaps, but not roam. Honestly man, just go to FA. I hear good things from my friends there.

WZ and ……… ?

If WZ leaving “cleared your server out” then you clearly don’t know anything about your own server :/

NSP the way to go?

in WvW

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

Yes, it is.

@OP:

WZ and ……… ?

If WZ leaving “cleared your server out” then you clearly don’t know anything about your own server :/

BOMB is mostly old fc roamers (who left longer ago)
SNKY, but rem is integrating with BOMB

its not just WZ, but WZ and EDGE leaving did leave fc with a pretty big hole. the ts sees very little public use any more and without large guild groups or motivated pug drivers fc is gonna be hard pressed to hang on to people. the people that are still there are mostly first timer noobies who dont say a kitten thing in any chat ever or tenacious bad kitten motherkitteners who refuse to pay for a transfer for many reasons.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

NSP the way to go?

in WvW

Posted by: Arius.7031

Arius.7031

TBT, DmD, WZ, SM, etc… all dem small guilds yo…

Jorek/Etharin/Raylus
Darkhaven Commander
Co-leader of [Sold]

NSP the way to go?

in WvW

Posted by: retconned.9358

retconned.9358

Go for Darkhaven. Beaten NSP twice and now being beaten by two Bronze tier servers. Just saying.

Darkhaven win’s by farming PPT in off-hours and map-hopping during the day until they find undefended objectives. Just saying.

And NSP is currently on top this week.

NSP the way to go?

in WvW

Posted by: azyume.6321

azyume.6321

I’m from NSP. We have zergs (~25ish, sometimes bigger) in NA primetime during weekdays, and pretty much all day on weekends (maybe not first thing in the morning). Weekday mornings and afternoons a typical pug group will be 10-15ish, plus some smaller groups and roamers. Our OCX coverage is weakest, total number of people in WvW (all maps) will be 10-ish in that time period (~4 am to ~8 am Eastern), but there are unlikely to be any groups of more than 5. .

Interesting. Unless you mean multiple zergs of 25-ish during NA prime time, that’s pretty much similar to ET’s population right now, except instead of 10-15-ish during the mornings, we have 5-10-ish players.

@OP: you didn’t said the period you play. Since you said is rare to find fights while roaming, I’ll assume you don’t play under NA prime time since it is the period the tier 8 servers are most active. During other periods is more likely to find Emry Bay small roaming teams and havoc squads around the maps. With that in mind, you might consider a server that is active or fight another that is also active during the time you play.

Guardian Commander
Thief / Mesmer / Elementalist / Warrior / Necromancer / Ranger / Engineer / Revenant
Crystal Desert – Eredon Terrace – Fort Aspenwood – Stormbluff Isle

(edited by azyume.6321)

NSP the way to go?

in WvW

Posted by: panicbutton.1053

panicbutton.1053

Hey! I’m a highly active roamer from NSP. Our server is great if you like to roam but keep in mind that sometimes our match-ups are not the best. Since were lower ranking than most other servers, sometimes we have to deal with a lot of really crummy bottom tier teams. I won’t call them out but there have been times where I’ll stop going to WvW for practically the whole week because the opposing roamers seemed very new to the game. Regardless of that we have friendly roamers that are willing to party with the enemy and set up dueling stages. Oppositely, we have notoriously unfriendly zergers that would 10v1 and corpse hump if they could.

We may not win in the overall match ups, but that’s because other servers zerg a ton more than us. The atmosphere is fantastic on NSP and we tend to organize large dueling arenas within EB/OS, multiple times on a weekly basis. I’ve noticed that the prime hours for roaming are after 6pm PST. It can get weird though because some of the best roaming I’ve had was much later in the night.

Hàrlèy Quínn – Power S/D / D/P – Northern Shiverpeaks

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQPIPT2aTjJOBRcAWmlhUkw

NSP the way to go?

in WvW

bloodletting wolf.2837

Seems you spoke too soon.

NSP the way to go?

in WvW

Brutal Augus.5917

Yes, it is.

@OP:

WZ and ……… ?

Thats funny, I don’t recall mentioning any guilds. Oh thats right, I did so purposely because the majority of people leaving weren’t even affiliated with WZ. But since you’ve called them out…Yes, WZ did in fact leave FC to go to DR. However, MORE people left to follow after playing the first week in WvW without them. You should consider the point you are going to try and make from a post before quoting it btw . Its funny that you say I know nothing of my server, considering [LION], [MaKi] and [Nors](a guild and community of which I am proud to be the founder) have been making the most coordinated efforts to rebuild it. There is not a single regular in WvW there that I either know or meet that I am not nice and supportive toward. Anyone in FC that knows me will tell you this. Do your homework young man/woman.

(edited by Brutal Augus.5917)

NSP the way to go?

in WvW

Posted by: Loosmaster.8263

Loosmaster.8263

Other than maybe DmD(10-15) online at one time, the rest maybe 8, SM I hardly see in WvW. Yes, small guilds.

Tacktical Killers [TK]
We’re looking for players.
PM me here or ING.

NSP the way to go?

in WvW

Brutal Augus.5917

Other than maybe DmD(10-15) online at one time, the rest maybe 8, SM I hardly see in WvW. Yes, small guilds.

They may be small guilds to a now tier 5 server, but to a tier 7 server like FC they were what little coverage we had left. We do alright defending during primetime, but unless its the weekend our “primetime” is not very long. We did lose a sizable amount of players to DB as well. In fact, I’ve had to ban quite a few of them from our teamspeak that have taken it upon themselves to come back to troll/harrass and even threaten some of those who have chosen to remain in FC.

NSP the way to go?

in WvW

Posted by: panicbutton.1053

panicbutton.1053

I mean this as personal speculation of the last two weeks — DH seems more PvE geared. There are absolute gems here and there, but for the most part I’ve not met good roamers. I have about 10 hours of roaming footage to show for just DH encounters as well :/ Winning a zerg fest isn’t indicative of a server being better than another is what I’m trying to say.

Hàrlèy Quínn – Power S/D / D/P – Northern Shiverpeaks

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQPIPT2aTjJOBRcAWmlhUkw

(edited by panicbutton.1053)

NSP the way to go?

in WvW

Posted by: EFWinters.5421

EFWinters.5421

If you enjoy roaming why on earth would you transfer to a server that you have heard has a lot of roamers? Wouldn’t you want to transfer to a server that regularly face those servers?

My advice would be to absolutely not transfer to NSP.

Human Guardian
Fort Aspenwood

NSP the way to go?

in WvW

bloodletting wolf.2837

I mean this is personal speculation of the last two weeks — DH seems more PvE geared. There are absolute gems here and there, but for the most part I’ve not met good roamers. I have about 10 hours of roaming footage to show for just DH encounters as well :/ Winning a zerg fest isn’t indicative of a server being better than another is what I’m trying to say.

Haven’t seen many zergs lately and the roamers I’ve been running across aren’t that good.

NSP the way to go?

in WvW

Posted by: Nuzt.7894

Nuzt.7894

Here’s the point I was making, no need to consider it but I will explain it seeing as how your having troubles.

Your suggesting we (DR) cleared you (FC) out, we received 1 guild from you (FC) where the others went has nothing to do with us (DR). I hope this helps you.

NSP the way to go?

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

If you enjoy roaming why on earth would you transfer to a server that you have heard has a lot of roamers? Wouldn’t you want to transfer to a server that regularly face those servers?

My advice would be to absolutely not transfer to NSP.

Maybe think of it this way:

If the roaming on NSP weren’t fun, all the roamers would leave. The existence of a lot of roamers means NSP (for whatever reason) is always in tiers where there is good roaming.

NSP the way to go?

in WvW

Arius.7031

What? WZ and TBT are small? Please tell me I misunderstood, or have you never even seen these guilds in wvw?

TBT video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6scmNCi-JiU

WZ is bigger than TBT last I checked in sheer numbers.

Jorek/Etharin/Raylus
Darkhaven Commander
Co-leader of [Sold]

(edited by Arius.7031)

NSP the way to go?

in WvW

Arius.7031

I mean this as personal speculation of the last two weeks — DH seems more PvE geared. There are absolute gems here and there, but for the most part I’ve not met good roamers. I have about 10 hours of roaming footage to show for just DH encounters as well :/ Winning a zerg fest isn’t indicative of a server being better than another is what I’m trying to say.

NSP is the one that disappeared and got wrecked a couple weeks back when a PvE patch lauched xD. We wp’d your bay/hills and almost your garry as well, during the middle of the day… Regardless, we have many fine roaming guilds (sold, jpgn, rdh, hail) and many fine zerg busting guilds (bevr, mean, tag, mean recently beat EDGE again in gvgs).

Also hi harley, this is nassor’s ele friend if you remember :P.

Jorek/Etharin/Raylus
Darkhaven Commander
Co-leader of [Sold]

(edited by Arius.7031)

NSP the way to go?

in WvW

Baron Oakley.1539

NSP is the one that disappeared and got wrecked a couple weeks back when a PvE patch lauched xD.

So true. Historically, PvE patches have nerfed NSP WvW pretty hard (for the day/evening of the patch). Speaking as an NSP-er, I was pretty surprised this week when that wasn’t the case.

Tar Telemmaite

(edited by Baron Oakley.1539)

NSP the way to go?

in WvW

Arius.7031

NSP is the one that disappeared and got wrecked a couple weeks back when a PvE patch lauched xD.

So true. Historically, PvE patches have nerfed NSP WvW pretty hard (for the day/evening of the patch). Speaking as an NSP-er, I was pretty surprised this week when that wasn’t the case.

Has been a strange week… NSP night capped lel.

Jorek/Etharin/Raylus
Darkhaven Commander
Co-leader of [Sold]

NSP the way to go?

in WvW

Posted by: retconned.9358

retconned.9358

NSP is the one that disappeared and got wrecked a couple weeks back when a PvE patch lauched xD. We wp’d your bay/hills and almost your garry as well, during the middle of the day… Regardless, we have many fine roaming guilds (sold, jpgn, rdh, hail) and many fine zerg busting guilds (bevr, mean, tag, mean recently beat EDGE again in gvgs).

Also hi harley, this is nassor’s ele friend if you remember :P.

how is doing this right after a new content patch (just like you said) when there are little to no defenders (again just like you said) an accomplishment to brag about?

NSP the way to go?

in WvW

Baron Oakley.1539

how is doing this right after a new content patch (just like you said) when there are little to no defenders (again just like you said) an accomplishment to brag about?

Means they had people who had their priorities straight. I try to go into WvW post-PvE patch in the hope that I can cap the other servers stuff while they’re in PvE.

Usually at least one of the enemy servers has more people thinking along those lines than NSP though. This week worked out well though.

Tar Telemmaite

NSP the way to go?

in WvW

bloodletting wolf.2837

Also hi harley, this is nassor’s ele friend if you remember :P.[/quote]

I have a feeling that our server populations are pretty close in terms of how pve patches work but peaks happen at different times. I honestly thought you guys where gonna have more and we where going to have less this week.