Name legit 5 man teams left on any sever

in WvW

Posted by: Treakin.1723

Treakin.1723

Spirit of Saint George on JQ (SoSG) always 3-6 guildies roaming, very rarely latching onto the zerg.

in WvW

Posted by: Jscull.2514

Jscull.2514

So think our guild decided to move to the top half tiers. We run a legit 5 man everynight, wanted to get some opinions about how ACTUAL small man fighting is in top tiers. And I dont mean running around with 10 to take zergs.,…I mean how many small mans will we come across daily? Let me know everyones thoughts, this is last hurrah for us b4 quiting, so decent advice on a solid choice would be appreciated.

PAXA -GM

in WvW

Posted by: Maskaganda.2043

Maskaganda.2043

So think our guild decided to move to the top half tiers. We run a legit 5 man everynight, wanted to get some opinions about how ACTUAL small man fighting is in top tiers. And I dont mean running around with 10 to take zergs.,…I mean how many small mans will we come across daily? Let me know everyones thoughts, this is last hurrah for us b4 quiting, so decent advice on a solid choice would be appreciated.

none, or very few.
the server my group plays since launch was always between t3 and t6. We have fought maybe half a dozen organized small groups similar to ours. in 10 months.
It’s not that they don’t exist, I can count at least 3 well known in my server alone, it’s just that most groups like this will actively avoid their own zerg, avoid the home BL and EB and that makes it hard to come across each other.

Tchuu Tchuu I’m a Train – Gandara
engie roaming vids: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9NnXVfY4vRU1F-X7b1Oorw/videos

in WvW

Posted by: Aisunokami.6430

Aisunokami.6430

Our guild does [Rain] of Underworld.
Anywhere between 2 and 5 man grps, to open world fight, cause havok, protect camps etc.

in WvW

Jscull.2514

If the games culture was shifting so that the small mans we have listed logged on hunting the other couple on their tier via roaming on BLs, would be much more competitive but that’s not the case. Most “small mans” have gone to the mentality of mine as well run 10 because we can compete with the 20 mans. Our group of guys just doesn’t find that fun so it’s either find a new top tier with some new talented groups to fight or I’m afraid bail on gw2.

PAXA -GM

in WvW

Posted by: Yoke.4671

Yoke.4671

Higher tier you gotthe more/bigger zergs you have to avoid and who will ruin your day.

in WvW

Jscull.2514

Higher tier you gotthe more/bigger zergs you have to avoid and who will ruin your day.

Im fearing this. That is why more than likely, if this next move does not supply a decent amount of new 4-6 mans to fight, we will most likely quit.

PAXA -GM

in WvW

Posted by: Thrumdi.9216

Thrumdi.9216

If the games culture was shifting so that the small mans we have listed logged on hunting the other couple on their tier via roaming on BLs, would be much more competitive but that’s not the case. Most “small mans” have gone to the mentality of mine as well run 10 because we can compete with the 20 mans. Our group of guys just doesn’t find that fun so it’s either find a new top tier with some new talented groups to fight or I’m afraid bail on gw2.

This happened to us as well. Even small mans have to “zerg up”.

It sucks because your small man skills get rusty, so when a 5v5 actually does present itself, you don’t do as well.

Thrumdi, Captain of The Tarnished Coastguard

The ultimate GW2 troll.

in WvW

Posted by: Swiftar.7594

Swiftar.7594

Horizon [Hzn] on Stormbluff Isle typically runs 4-6 people roaming groups.

in WvW

Posted by: Nak.8315

Nak.8315

Also the higher you go, doesn’t mean the quality of player increases. Just the quantity and the coverage.

Nak
Call of Fate[CoF]
Ehmry Bay

in WvW

Posted by: SoPP.7034

SoPP.7034

Stay away from top tiers, its efficient zerg blobs that rule, you don’t see that much small group stuff. Ive seen a few posters here stating that their guild have 5 man groups roaming but I’ve also seen those same guilds fold into the blob (maybe it was just down time).

Scouting is efficient and blobs are super organised, doesn’t leave much room for small groups.

A warrior, a guardian, and an elementalist walk into an open field…
The Warrior turns to the guardian and says, “Did you hear something?”
Guardian replies, “No, but how’d the elementalist die?”

in WvW

Posted by: Yoke.4671

Yoke.4671

Also the higher you go, doesn’t mean the quality of player increases. Just the quantity and the coverage.

Yep very true, in fact having moved down tiers to escape blobs Ive noticed a rise in the skill of the average player on lower tiers servers. Top servers are quantity not quality.

Id move down tiers again soon as wvw has gotten zergy everywhere but the new daft random match-ups kinda rule out the fact you can escape blobbing servers, wvw is dead in this game imo.

*Oh and also to say there’s alot of people in here from servers I know well, and example such as Deso are not good for roaming, if people tell you they roam all the time on that in small grps then they either have the patience of saints, enjoy getting lag stomped by 80man zergs every time they turn a corner or are just lying.

And be wary of that, people just being stupid and trying to recruit you or big up there server for no logical reason, See it all the time on these forums esp with top tiers servers in the EU. Denying zergs and blobbing and the likes, lol worthy.

(edited by Yoke.4671)

in WvW

Jscull.2514

Yep very true, in fact having moved down tiers to escape blobs Ive noticed a rise in the skill of the average player on lower tiers servers. Top servers are quantity not quality.

Id move down tiers again soon as wvw has gotten zergy everywhere but the new daft random match-ups kinda rule out the fact you can escape blobbing servers, wvw is dead in this game imo.

*Oh and also to say there’s alot of people in here from servers I know well, and example such as Deso are not good for roaming, if people tell you they roam all the time on that in small grps then they either have the patience of saints, enjoy getting lag stomped by 80man zergs every time they turn a corner or are just lying.

And be wary of that, people just being stupid and trying to recruit you or big up there server for no logical reason, See it all the time on these forums esp with top tiers servers in the EU. Denying zergs and blobbing and the likes, lol worthy.

The problem is we have spent the past year in the bottom 3 tiers. Where yall are all telling us to go and check out. I can name every single bottom 3 tier “5man guilds” on one hand. People that wont run to mommy if they lose (by that i mean kite you to their zerg or just invite 2-8 other players to help beat you because square up 5v5 they cant compete). I can name the guilds that have manned up when they lost, and came back with the same number. Not very many, like i said one hand. So if the top tiers are that kittenty, we have no choices. Agreed, real player vs player is dead.

PAXA -GM

in WvW

Posted by: XII.9401

XII.9401

If you’re interested in 5v5 just go to spvp and set them up on private servers.

You can’t expect people to play by your rules in WvW. It’s catered to favor casuals and PVE angry birders.

in WvW

Posted by: Mammoth.1975

Mammoth.1975

I can see the differences between wvw and private server fights for sure, but if you’re genuinely about 5v5 vs other skilled groups, the private server idea is solid despite those differences. Easy way to get people who want to fight together, and you can adjust the settings so that it’s effectively TDM. For example, just change the respawn timer to 2 minutes, making 5v5 the only way to win, and keeping dead people out of that 5v5 for a long time. 2 minutes could even be too long, you can get to a lot of places on a wvw map much faster than that.

If you’re not playing to win, don’t complain when you lose.

(edited by Mammoth.1975)

in WvW

Posted by: Miiro.3124

Miiro.3124

If riot is a “5man guild looking for out manned fights” and considered a legit 5man this is pretty laughable. RIOT and Icoa are quite similar in tactics and skill. I wish RIOT actually faught people 5v5+ but they are part of the karma train and run from my 3 man often.

[SAV] Miiro 80 Ranger
Jade Quarry Champion Hunter
Solo/Small man WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Sanny.1270

Sanny.1270

If riot is a “5man guild looking for out manned fights” and considered a legit 5man this is pretty laughable. RIOT and Icoa are quite similar in tactics and skill. I wish RIOT actually faught people 5v5+ but they are part of the karma train and run from my 3 man often.

pretty cool story tbh.

Second To God ~ 80 Warrior
http://www.youtube.com/user/T3hSanny

in WvW

Posted by: Sorrow.7384

Sorrow.7384

A+ would read again.

in WvW

Posted by: scerevisiae.1972

scerevisiae.1972

It keeps being said over and over on these forums – there are too many game mechanics that encourage and reward zerging over small group play.

The clear difference between this game and DAOC was that in DAOC, a single 8-man group could drop a 30+ zerg using a skillful combo of CC and AOE. It’s not possible in this game except with focused siege, which is nowhere near as fun as open-field. So imo, raising the aoe cap would surely be a good thing to try.

The other thing is rewards. People wouldn’t zerg so much if rewards for objectives were scaled down by the number of participants.

The meta-game needs to shift away from zerging before a real GvG scene can really thrive IMO.

downed state is bad for PVP

in WvW

Posted by: Vena.8436

Vena.8436

The clear difference between this game and DAOC was that in DAOC, a single 8-man group could drop a 30+ zerg using a skillful combo of CC and AOE. It’s not possible in this game except with focused siege, which is nowhere near as fun as open-field. So imo, raising the aoe cap would surely be a good thing to try.

Several guilds on Blackgate do that (usually not 8, that’s a rather strange number, but 20vs40+ certainly isn’t uncommon) fairly regularly by exploiting terrain/choke advantages. Some guilds run even smaller, tighter groups and still take on larger forces by playing smart.

Just because you can’t run into a zerg and instagib everyone who’s also stuck in stacked stuns, doesn’t mean it can’t be done. You’d also make retaliation even more overpowered. Why is that more skillful than the aforementioned use of terrain and being situationally aware?

Vena/Var – Guardian/Thief
[Eon] – Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: Aodh.6418

Aodh.6418

RIOT is a bunch of turds. I saw them stack might once.

Jessica Locke – Ranger
Team Riot [RIOT] – Blackgate
http://www.youtube.com/aodhnitola - http://www.twitch.tv/aodhnitola

in WvW

Posted by: bloodletting wolf.2837

bloodletting wolf.2837

I think if more commanders realized how valuable the 2-5 man groups are that they would ask for them instead of saying “every one on my tag”.

Kaa Mchorror NSP grenadier [hayt]

in WvW

Posted by: Zumy.6318

Zumy.6318

RIOT is a bunch of turds. I saw them stack might once.

I bet they used staff guardians for that too! How dare they… filthy zerglings…!

Thief | Zumy [Buka]
Legendary counter: Twilight, Bolt, Incinerator, Incinerator Nr. 2, Meteorlogicus, The Dreamer

in WvW

Posted by: WarHawk.1892

WarHawk.1892

I think if more commanders realized how valuable the 2-5 man groups are that they would ask for them instead of saying “every one on my tag”.

It’s too bad. Good 5-man teams/organised roamers if willing can back-cap a lot of camps even towers in some cases for the commander simply adding to the server’s success and weakening the enemies.

Commander Pintsize
YouTube
No Fear is Folly; Persevering over Fear is Couragous

in WvW

Posted by: Vena.8436

Vena.8436

It’s too bad. Good 5-man teams/organised roamers if willing can back-cap a lot of camps even towers in some cases for the commander simply adding to the server’s success and weakening the enemies.

A good 5-man, with +15 and some s.catapults or s.rams, can do hundreds of supply damage very quickly. Either they break down your wall, if you ignore them or divert resources elsewhere (like an offensive), or you spend time sending people to hunt them (or you hunt them with your zerg) and repairing, using up supplies.

Personally, I prefer catapults. They are so sneaky…!

Vena/Var – Guardian/Thief
[Eon] – Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: Seren.6850

Seren.6850

NAGA were pretty solid on CD, not sure since they moved to TC, FEAR TKVA on CD, HLX usually runs around 5 on SoS

SoS original -“They mostly come out at night … mostly”
[FIRE] Serene Snow, Warrior

in WvW

Posted by: Miiro.3124

Miiro.3124

theres a difference in zerging and knowing that you zerg and zerging and acting like you are a skilled 5man that truly looks for 5+people to fight.

[SAV] Miiro 80 Ranger
Jade Quarry Champion Hunter
Solo/Small man WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Gully.7358

Gully.7358

You can add oPP from Blackgate and CAPS from Sanctum of Ral.

We zerg…

Veretta • Guildleader of [oPP] Over Powered PeopleBlackgate
http://www.gw2opp.comhttp://www.youtube.com/user/oppveretta

in WvW

Posted by: Haltair.3062

Haltair.3062

Another video of the Order of Shadows [OdS] playing against Vizunah.
http://youtu.be/8q_YqrZ0tUI

Best,

Haltair, one f the Twelve Shadows

Haltair, One of the Twelve Shadows
Baruch Bay´s Thieves Brotherhood, Order of Shadows
Orden de Sombras [OdS]

in WvW

Posted by: Vi Au.8341

Vi Au.8341

GF on Ebay (although mostly thieves… annoying but they are good)
AoN on Mag

in WvW

Posted by: Incomingray.8075

Incomingray.8075

We [AZRG] run 3-7 mans all the time on Dragonbrand, hard to find good small groups to fight, mostly alot of zerg baiting and spawn/supply camping for us.

in WvW

Posted by: wookie.8934

wookie.8934

HL still runs small 5 man groups on FA and have been for a long time.

Havok Legion [HL]
Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Razgriz.2590

Razgriz.2590

At most I think I’ve been a group of Six with my guild. It’s all personal friends and I generally have to coax them to play WvW

Borlis Pass
Norgy lvl 80 Guardian
Guild: Hunting Hunters[HH]