Need advice on WvW build as power necromancer

in WvW

Posted by: drvo.6519

drvo.6519

As title says, i want to hear your opinions on build playing as power necro, that would give me decent survivability against for example bursting thiefs, rangers etc. Also what runes,/sigils and stats on items are prefered, thanks.

in WvW

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

well what are you looking for? it sounds like you want a roaming build, but I cant be sure. I suggest going to metabattle.com (under necro-conquest-power boonstrip) for a basic template, and change things little by little from there. watch videos on youtube of necros to see how the build is used, figure out its potential and limitations etc etc. with slow moving classes like necro, you might want to roam with 1 or 2 other people (with stealth) so you can escape zergs, capture high mobility classes, and handle fighting an equal or greater force. necros aren’t very viable on their own, although its certainly possible.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

(edited by Stand The Wall.6987)

in WvW

Posted by: Nightwrath.1679

Nightwrath.1679

At work right now, but if you wanted to send me mail in game I can give you more info on how to set-up at as a necromancer in roaming and fights. I have mained a necro since the start of GW2 and still play it today with other professions. They are in an interesting spot though, considering the lack of mobility with other utilities that classes bring, we still pack a punch to people not expecting a good necro.

But anyway before I get back to work, here is a quick build I just made to give a rough idea of a build to run.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNBIhF6kjGodTsvGwaTgeTsgLYQtpAQLg6M0GeWxVxuYYE-TVDEQBXS1BpoEDAHBgEpGje0BwElGU4EA4QlBwb/BEcIA2iSw2oNwAPAAA-w

Like I said, though just made it up here at work, so it might look rough.. But you can change the weapons to what ever you prefer, same with trinket stat make ups. Good luck to you finding something that works though.

Morrigan Sol (Necromancer)| Averelyna (Elementalist)| Celaena (Thief)

in WvW

Posted by: Smoke.9273

Smoke.9273

The following Power Reaper build tries to find a sweetspot between damage, survivability and focus on our niche like boonhate. Also, with this set-up you can easily change some trinkets and utility-skills between largescale and smallscale: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNAW3Nnc0A10gVbC0biFcBD6qFAOAxXxuYYkKN0GeWA-TlCEABLqShUK9I4gA0muBDuCAMpMAgHAQO7P0lSQ/VXJAACwNvZ2sNDO6RP6RP6RboDdo3coDtUAjt1C-w

If you go roam/smallscale, you could slot Flesh Wurm (for the recall port), Spectral Walk, Spectral Armor to help you with some (juking) mobility.
Versus thieves, especially of the d/p variants, I feel like old deathshroud (not Reaper) with (close to) full damage spec is most effective (due to instant ranged fear, burst-like damage with Lifeblasts, #5 en #4 connecting while thief in stealth).

Riay
Fused with my Shroud

(edited by Smoke.9273)

in WvW

Posted by: Rambitshouse.8712

Rambitshouse.8712

Just run z gear and death shroud, press 1 over and over and watch the HoT classes go boom.

Dtox