Need an Anti-Golem Trap

Need an Anti-Golem Trap

in WvW

Posted by: Aeros.2046

Aeros.2046

There is presently no defense against a well executed golem rush. Arrow Carts can’t stop them, and smart attackers nail the cannons 15 seconds before the Alphas smash the door.

Anet, we need a third Trap. Land Mines. That only go off if an Alpha/Omega is driven over them.

[KRTA]
Maguuma

Need an Anti-Golem Trap

in WvW

Posted by: yourGoD.3481

yourGoD.3481

Build a trebuchet behind the door. Can stop up to 3 alpha golems with just one defender on a trebuchet behind a reinforced door. Almost every door in a T2 keep or tower in SoR/JQ/BG has a trebuchet.

[FEAR] – Mesmer
Sanctum of Rall

(edited by yourGoD.3481)

Need an Anti-Golem Trap

in WvW

Posted by: zhonnika.1784

zhonnika.1784

I second the trebs. Also, in hills, don’t ever forget that inner north cannon if they are on the N gate. If you’re already to the cannons stage, it’ll wreck face.

Kashmara – Elementalist | Reapermara – Necromancer
Jade Quarry
Onslaught [OnS]

Need an Anti-Golem Trap

in WvW

Posted by: multivira.7925

multivira.7925

Kill everybody supporting the golems -> kill the golems. Siege for defense is just fluff. Almost no door in our server has any siege at all :P

Twirling – Pie Eating Guardian – MM – Gunnar’s Hold

Need an Anti-Golem Trap

in WvW

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

I do like the mines idea however. Of course, then the idea will be to send a solo golem first to pop the mines and have the rest follow after. But mines could be fun.

#TeamJadeQuarry

Need an Anti-Golem Trap

in WvW

Posted by: Paavotar.3971

Paavotar.3971

Golems move themselves very little as it is already. Mines would only make the mesmer portal chains even more used.

Put portal down → one golem goes in → Explosion? → Other golems follow → Profit

A Pink scumbag of [FACE] and deep inside a [GuM]ster
Mouggari – Warrior – Candy cane Avenger

Need an Anti-Golem Trap

in WvW

Posted by: Contiguous.1345

Contiguous.1345

Simple answer: obviously ACs need to be buffed so that they CAN stop a Golem rush.

Need an Anti-Golem Trap

in WvW

Posted by: Nikkinella.8254

Nikkinella.8254

No, arrow carts are overpowered already. The landmines are a good idea though. Or maybe something like an EMP burst trap that disables all the golems in a certain radius leaving them stunned for an extended period of time.

Need an Anti-Golem Trap

in WvW

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

No, arrow carts are overpowered already. The landmines are a good idea though. Or maybe something like an EMP burst trap that disables all the golems in a certain radius leaving them stunned for an extended period of time.

Ooh, I like that. The “Extreme Mechano-magical Purge” mine that focuses on the energies binding golems together. It could work!

#TeamJadeQuarry

Need an Anti-Golem Trap

in WvW

Posted by: DeadlySynz.3471

DeadlySynz.3471

Mortars and cannons tear through golems. Both are conveniently set up to aim at nearly all gates. If there is a gate, there is either a cannon or mortar (or both) that can hit it from afar.

Need an Anti-Golem Trap

in WvW

Aeros.2046

I do like the mines idea however. Of course, then the idea will be to send a solo golem first to pop the mines and have the rest follow after. But mines could be fun.

Which is the sign of a good feature. It serves a purpose but there is a work around if you know what you are doing.

[KRTA]
Maguuma

Need an Anti-Golem Trap

in WvW

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

I like this idea, as the current availability of traps are a complete joke.

This would be a logical reaction to the increased availability of cheap and affordable golems that are less than the cost at the vendor (which isn’t allowed for any kind of material might I add!)

Need an Anti-Golem Trap

in WvW

Aeros.2046

The way I see it is this. The Land Mine does the same damage as a Cannon shot to a golem, with a moderate sized AOE radius. Oftentimes golem rushes are spotted, but the reaction time is too long because you can get a critical mass of golems that literally liquify the gate. This is problematic even with waypointed keeps, because by the time the waypoint reopens the enemy has often already liquified the inner gate too.

With keeps without a waypoint at all, getting to the door with 10 golems is game over, even if you DO have people inside on Arrow Carts. Instead of shooting arrows futilely, the few defenders can instead use all that supply (if it is present) to Mine the path to the Inner gate. This would force the golem rush to send there golems in one at a time (losing them in the process) to clear the Mines before rushing foreword with the bulk of their golems. This delay would buy a critical 2 minutes or more, which is oftentimes the difference between saving a keep or losing it. And if the defenders can still not rally a defense with the extra time given, then obviously they deserve to lose the keep.

Or, if its simply a brainless zerg golem/karma farming, they will walk all those golems into the mine field and lose them all. which is good too imo, since anyone dumb enough to not check for Anti-GolemTraps before rushing headlong in (if such a feature is created) deserves to lose.

[KRTA]
Maguuma