Need help with crafting as a wvw player

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

So im playing this game since beta, and i only play WvW, how u guys can craft/reach lvl 500 on ascended, u guys follow a guide and burn real money to reach those lvl’s ?
Atm i am arround 420-430 in weaponsmith and armorsmith but finding that i cant raise more :|, anything that i need to craft to lvl up is a ton of gold.

Im trying to get the asceded stuff but i need to craft the https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Grandmaster_Weaponsmith%27s_Mark

ANet u guys know what would be really nice…. a rewards track with those things….

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

in WvW

Posted by: Marpo.8695

Marpo.8695

You’ll find plenty of “optimal” (shortest time) crafting guides, but those require a bit of money too, for example:

http://gw2crafts.net/weaponcraft_400.html

My advice, and I’ve 500 on all crafting disciplines, is to use discover to craft exotics with the materials you already have, refine all that you can when new materials unlock, and have a bit of patience. If possible kick a crafting booster too, but with 40ish exotics or less you should achieve that 500 and save a good amount of money too.

If you’re in need of raw materials, since you’re playing wvw only, try to get a https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Copper-Fed_Salvage-o-Matic so you can recycle blue-greens and bank or sell the results. Maybe it’s just me but I recieve plenty of mithril and silk for example.

Good luck

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

tks, ill try with the basis of discovering exotics once in a while.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

in WvW

Posted by: Strider Pj.2193

Strider Pj.2193

You’ll find plenty of “optimal” (shortest time) crafting guides, but those require a bit of money too, for example:

http://gw2crafts.net/weaponcraft_400.html

My advice, and I’ve 500 on all crafting disciplines, is to use discover to craft exotics with the materials you already have, refine all that you can when new materials unlock, and have a bit of patience. If possible kick a crafting booster too, but with 40ish exotics or less you should achieve that 500 and save a good amount of money too.

If you’re in need of raw materials, since you’re playing wvw only, try to get a https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Copper-Fed_Salvage-o-Matic so you can recycle blue-greens and bank or sell the results. Maybe it’s just me but I recieve plenty of mithril and silk for example.

Good luck

I have stacks of Mithril and silk from my salvage-o-matic. Definitely makes crafting less expensive to attain.

in WvW

Posted by: Trajan.4953

Trajan.4953

Crafting?

Gah /15 chars

CCCP….

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

I did it the hard way, PvE. Prior to PiPs and Reward Tracks, there really wasn’t a better way. Now with the resource nodes at most objectives, the extra drops from Reward Tracks, WvW level chests, etc just takes time.

If you want to shortcut that time, do the resource run for 6ish gold per character per day. Takes about 20 min per run. You can also farm Silverwastes.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

I did fractals for gold.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in WvW

Posted by: Strider Pj.2193

Strider Pj.2193

I did fractals for gold.

And the gold is still good, and with a coordinated group? They are fast!

Not sure where we could find coordinated groups in WvW…

in WvW

Posted by: Jirayu.5834

Jirayu.5834

I actually followed the guide and burn gold to reach lv 500. lol

Worst NSP Ranger
Thai Guild Wars 2 Fansite: https://tyria.in.th

in WvW

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

Making Gold To Get To Ascended

1. Participate in organized in Looking for Group and use boosts for Silverwastes, including guild magic find tonics, birthday boosts(et.al.), magic find food and tools. Why Silverwastes? The 5X magic find boost gives even the poorest of players decent loot. Second best is Cursed Shore – run by two amazing people, FARM runs these events much of the day and night.

2. Consume/salvage/eat mf from all blues and greens under 2 silver (or set your own ‘low", that’s mine)

3. Use gathering boost from gathering and then follow gw2efficiency.com to iron, platinum, wood and more.

4. Go into WvW, set and participate your chosen reward track ascended pieces (backpiece, rings, amulets, and earrings) from Bloodstone Fen, Lake Doric, Bitterfrost Ember Bay and Draconis Mons.

5. Do dailies and your story for more salvageable and salable loot.

Gold is easy. Mats take time but not much and are so worth gathering.

If you need other help, please send me in game mail.

Cheers.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Use a free characater slot, make a level 50’ish character to open bags.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

in WvW

Posted by: Kaim.5483

Kaim.5483

When you discover exotics for leveling, don’t craft the inscriptions/insignia yourself. The tier 6 mats required to craft them are pretty expensive (especially leather for insignias). Instead, you should buy the inscriptions/insignias with stats that are not available for crafting (like rabid, soldier, etc..). You have a chance of getting those from salvaging exotic gear of the same stats and ppl just sell them on the trading post for around 1g each.

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

^ That’s good advice. Cuts down greatly to craft rabid/soldier/something.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.