Nerf Daycapping

Nerf Daycapping

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

All the hard work of the nightcrew has gone to waste with these daycappers. Nerf them already plox.

Attachments:

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

Nerf Daycapping

in WvW

Posted by: Chiccotot.7296

Chiccotot.7296

yes please! frigging day cappers! sigh… people should only be playing OCX/SEA timezone and no where else!!

Nerf Daycapping

in WvW

Posted by: Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

I get the sarcasm but I question the legitimacy.

Nerf Daycapping

in WvW

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

I get the sarcasm but I question the legitimacy.

Its legit, funny thing is not 6 months ago the OPs server was crying about night cappers from DL, AM, ER, AG and many other servers and they were very salty.

Nice post Babs I got a good chuckle for it =D

Nerf Daycapping

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

I agree.

Presumably the blue server has been able to cap everything because the others had next to no presence?

Scaling PPT by total population would have reduced the effect on the average score curve.

Its the exact same as the solution to reduce the effects of nightcapping.

Nerf Daycapping

in WvW

Posted by: lioka qiao.8734

lioka qiao.8734

I had proposed a fix for this to keep PPT from snowballing and keep the scores closer:
- Each objective after it flips only rewards PPT for 4 cycles (1 hour).
- If an objective is contested (a defend event triggers on it) it gains 2 additional cycles up to two maximum where it rewards PPT. If an objective has more than 2 cycles this rule doesn’t apply.
- Objectives will still upgrade as normal.

What this does is take away the sheer amount of PPT that can be grabbed by an off-peak crew. It shifts importance to objectives that are contested and requires activity on more than one side to generate a score. It should also be fairly easy for ANET to implement.

Little red Lioka

Nerf Daycapping

in WvW

Dawdler.8521

I had proposed a fix for this to keep PPT from snowballing and keep the scores closer:
- Each objective after it flips only rewards PPT for 4 cycles (1 hour).
- If an objective is contested (a defend event triggers on it) it gains 2 additional cycles up to two maximum where it rewards PPT. If an objective has more than 2 cycles this rule doesn’t apply.
- Objectives will still upgrade as normal.

What this does is take away the sheer amount of PPT that can be grabbed by an off-peak crew. It shifts importance to objectives that are contested and requires activity on more than one side to generate a score. It should also be fairly easy for ANET to implement.

That is ripe for f2p alt account abuse (just log in and contest a keep, free ppt woohoo!). Decaying PPT require a ton of rules and quickly become complicated. Its not a good solution.

Nerf Daycapping

in WvW

Posted by: lioka qiao.8734

lioka qiao.8734

The way things are contested is already broken. YB has had a lone thief contesting their keep in EBG for a solid 4 days. That needs a fix anyway.

I actually don’t think this type of system would be abused as much in that way. It seems like a lot of effort having to tag everything on every BL after you flipped it from an alt account on an opposing server.

Little red Lioka

Nerf Daycapping

in WvW

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

This is why when most people say “night capping” they really mean “off hour” or “non prime” capping. The fact ppt keeps snowballing is the real problem when few are on (or pop is super imbalanced).

I am really interested to see anets solution – hopefully before it is too late.

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

Nerf Daycapping

in WvW

Posted by: Tongku.5326

Tongku.5326

yes please! frigging day cappers! sigh… people should only be playing OCX/SEA timezone and no where else!!

no need, on many servers / tiers that is already the case, hence no point in doing anything.

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF

Nerf Daycapping

in WvW

Posted by: Archeia.8905

Archeia.8905

+1

ocx player here, Daycappers are ruining WvW

Thanks for the lol’s.

Tarnished Coast – Revenant main

Nerf Daycapping

in WvW

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

@OP: You didn’t include the time. Btw; I’ve seen bigger numbers at night this week.
(Server time is in the mini map)

Attachments:

Nerf Daycapping

in WvW

Posted by: Dayra.7405

Dayra.7405

Daycapper, Nightcapper all the same. The big problem is always: The fewer people are in the match in a time-period the more decisive is it for scoring which is as bad in the night as it is during the day and makes scoring meaningless.

Ceterum censeo SFR esse delendam!

Nerf Daycapping

in WvW

Posted by: Mokk.2397

Mokk.2397

“Night capping” and “Day capping” is really something that cant be controlled
The game regions are listed here :
http://help.guildwars2.com/entries/27658858-Game-Regions
If also given the population densities of specific time zones ,
one would clearly see NA would be out matched at different times of the day.
Really the only solution available right now is from guilds to recruit from those time zones with higher populations.

Attachments:

Nerf Daycapping

in WvW

Posted by: LetoII.3782

LetoII.3782

There’s Ocx on what, 6 out of all the servers?
Maybe 2% of the population?

Seems like a good group to tailor your scoring system to.

Nerf Daycapping

in WvW

Posted by: Ansau.7326

Ansau.7326

+1
These daycappers keep playing when I’m out, working and enjoying the life. How unfair is this, the lazy people sleeping tons of hours and wasting their life in this game get more than those of us who work hard and getting less hours of sleep to play a little bit.

Ansau – Sylvari Mesmer – Exiled Warriors [wE] – Gandara

i7 5775c @ 4.1GHz – 12GB RAM @ 2400MHz – RX 480 @ 1390/2140MHz

Nerf Daycapping

in WvW

Posted by: Haythere.7513

Haythere.7513

What about the people playing during the EU timezone? I’m still working and have to watch as capture points change colors on my WvW phone app!! Help ANET!!!

Stop the pain I am having to endure!!! Its not fair!!!

Nerf Daycapping

in WvW

Posted by: Crapgame.6519

Crapgame.6519

All the hard work of the nightcrew has gone to waste with these daycappers. Nerf them already plox.

Sure, why don’t we just kick everybody out of the map once the last person in your guild leaves for the evening. Seriously. Just turn off the power and lights. Make sure to leave the toilet seats down too before you leave. Don’t want to have any of the female / ladies in the house falling in because your lazy…

Anything else you want while you are at it? Free lunch Wednesdays? Ice cream socials on Fridays? Box full of Black Lion Keys?

Main – Laaz Rocket – Guardian (Ehmry Bay)
Johnny Johnny – Ranger (Ehmry Bay)
Hárvey Wallbanger – Alt Warrior (Ehmry Bay)

Nerf Daycapping

in WvW

Dawdler.8521

“Night capping” and “Day capping” is really something that cant be controlled

Oh everyone already knows that and it doesnt change the fact that you can control excessive PPT gains during low population times through many different solutions thats been posted over and over (scale max PPT, scale maps like EoTM, PPT decay, removing PPT, etc etc).

Glorifying people through PPT when maybe 2-3% of the total WvW population is active isnt fair to anyone (assuming 90 peep cap that’s around 30 people across all 4 maps and servers, for those that cant count).

Perfectly fair point by point and somewhat hilarious would direct percentage PPT. Yep. If servers at 100% pop cap tick 150 vs 200 vs 250, the same ticks during the night when 3% is on would be 5 vs 6 vs 8 (had to round up, sorry).

(edited by Dawdler.8521)

Nerf Daycapping

in WvW

Posted by: Trajan.4953

Trajan.4953

LOL! Well played OP.
+1

CCCP….

Nerf Daycapping

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Sure, why don’t we just kick everybody out of the map once the last person in your guild leaves for the evening. Seriously. Just turn off the power and lights. Make sure to leave the toilet seats down too before you leave. Don’t want to have any of the female / ladies in the house falling in because your lazy…

Anything else you want while you are at it? Free lunch Wednesdays? Ice cream socials on Fridays? Box full of Black Lion Keys?

All i want is you to get a new sarcasm meter..

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

Nerf Daycapping

in WvW

Mokk.2397

I simply don’t understand some peoples logic on this subject .The world turns .When NA is asleep others in the world are awake . Why should anyone penalize those people for playing the game during their prime times . Is the fact that the world is round must be completely oblivious to some.If you still believe the earth is flat, I have some ocean front property in Saskatchewan to sell you..

Nerf Daycapping

in WvW

Posted by: Sich.7103

Sich.7103

Just make mega server with 3 team… And pop new map when the first are full… WvW is dead, defending is useless with the laser event, with mega big keep, proxy cata… Then juste make another EOTM but maybe with fixed team and more time for each MU…
Or make only small MU for 3H including in WvW…
WvW need people, a lot of people to work… Spreading population in multiple server (really too much server) and bringing huge map with huge keep and no WP on home BL will bring only population issue.

Nerf Daycapping

in WvW

Dayra.7405

I simply don’t understand some peoples logic on this subject .The world turns .When NA is asleep others in the world are awake .

Would be absolutely no problem, if they would be awake and play. But fact is the number of players is much lower, while the number of objectives stay the same.

A prime-time player is worth 1 points score an off-time player is worth around 20 points of score.

The amount of score per player should be always the same.

Why the hell does it need 4 maps with 1 castle, 12 keeps, 24 towers and 21 camps for around 10 player per side? That’s not only to boring to play, it’s also complete nonsense from a scoring point of view.

(edited by Dayra.7405)

Nerf Daycapping

in WvW

Mokk.2397

How are you defining a prime time or off time player on a game that runs 24 hours.Just because your asleep in say New York doesn’t mean a player in Sydney Australia is also asleep during their prime time .And dont forget that Korea, Japan the Philippines and China may have players as well so seriously I don,t know where your getting your numbers from.Here in Tarnished coast We have a low population between the hours of 1 am MST and 5am MST but Black Gate has a relatively large population during that period.From what I understand (I may be wrong) Black Gate has a high Korean base during those times .As for the points per tower ,camp , ect don,t change from one region to another.What your server needs to do is recruit more guilds from those ,as you would put it,“off hour” regions.

Nerf Daycapping

in WvW

Dayra.7405

How are you defining a prime time or off time player on a game that runs 24 hours.

Isn’t that obvious from my post?

• prime-time has many player, e.g. more than 200 per side
  • off-time has few player, e.g. less than 200 per side

Nerf Daycapping

in WvW

Dawdler.8521

How are you defining a prime time or off time player on a game that runs 24 hours.Just because your asleep in say New York doesn’t mean a player in Sydney Australia is also asleep during their prime time .And dont forget that Korea, Japan the Philippines and China may have players as well so seriously I don,t know where your getting your numbers from.Here in Tarnished coast We have a low population between the hours of 1 am MST and 5am MST but Black Gate has a relatively large population during that period.From what I understand (I may be wrong) Black Gate has a high Korean base during those times .As for the points per tower ,camp , ect don,t change from one region to another.What your server needs to do is recruit more guilds from those ,as you would put it,“off hour” regions.

Forget about time and timezones.

Stop rehashing the same old irrelevant argument. Only the currently active WvW population matter for balancing. Time has nothing do with it.

Which is why the OPs “sarcastic” thread is so amusing even if he didnt intend it like that.

Nerf Daycapping

in WvW

Posted by: Crapgame.6519

Crapgame.6519

All i want is you to get a new sarcasm meter..

Pot kettle? Maybe your meter is bingo fuel.

Main – Laaz Rocket – Guardian (Ehmry Bay)
Johnny Johnny – Ranger (Ehmry Bay)
Hárvey Wallbanger – Alt Warrior (Ehmry Bay)