Nerf Endless Run-away specs

in WvW

Posted by: Fat Disgrace.4275

Fat Disgrace.4275

kitten forum bug.

Fat Disgrace (banned) Man Flu Survivor – war/The Cabbage -Thief (gunners hold / [TaG])

gw1 – healing signet/frenzy/charge

in WvW

Posted by: Jacion.6302

Jacion.6302

What? Please play a thief more before you talk rubbish. The only thing a thief can do (d/p) is gank people and or troll. It’s can’t really fight for kitten unless they run impact disruption trait and bound for easy mode. Druids have a far better mu vs thief, condi Chrono has a better mu then thief, a good war condi or power is a tough mu for thief, scrapper……not even gonna say anything. In fact the only fight I clearly know I can win regaudless of how bad or good they are is a power reaper or some ele builds and even then its easy to screw up but apart from that any above 1v1 thief has an up hill fight.

Remember when P/P was meta or D/D. D/D was such an enjoyable 1v1 skirmish.

in WvW

Fat Disgrace.4275

Actually no, I don’t remember p/p even being meta, d/d on the other hand I do.

Fat Disgrace (banned) Man Flu Survivor – war/The Cabbage -Thief (gunners hold / [TaG])

in WvW

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

I don’t remember p/p being meta but I do remember it being fun as hell before they nerfed ricochet and before HoT brought so much projectile hate to the game.

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

in WvW

Jacion.6302

I don’t remember p/p being meta but I do remember it being fun as hell before they nerfed ricochet and before HoT brought so much projectile hate to the game.

My memory might be fuzzy because it was like 3yrs ago, was a condition roam build if I recall to tackle havoc groups solo

in WvW

Jim Hunter.6821

My memory might be fuzzy because it was like 3yrs ago, was a condition roam build if I recall to tackle havoc groups solo

?
The P/P build wasn’t condi.
There was the condi ghost thief which is still a thing, and there was p/d condi which also still works as long as you are good at landing c&d.

If you really want to harass havoc groups there it the d/d condi evade build. If they aren’t running resistance boonshare or good group cleanse you can tear them apart. Once you down one and they try to power rez you get to condi bomb the whole group.

LGN

in WvW

Posted by: Dipdoo.4861

Dipdoo.4861

I remember the old Nike Warrior, the fancy vel-cro times when only a Thief could keep up. Now we’ve got laces that we trip over at least twice a day.
Only Sword-Shield(or warhorn)/GS has amazing mobility now, all of which is purely horizontal, no verticality.

Big Cat Dipdoo ~ Warrior, Caeda Ripstep ~ Revenant, Braum Has Arrived ~ Guardian [SQD]
“It’s time to Rim Ram their Jim Jams.”

in WvW

Jacion.6302

?
There was the condi ghost thief which is still a thing, and there was p/d condi which also still works as long as you are good at landing c&d.

If you really want to harass havoc groups there it the d/d condi evade build. If they aren’t running resistance boonshare or good group cleanse you can tear them apart. Once you down one and they try to power rez you get to condi bomb the whole group.

Weird, probably my memory, my thief us so dusty I haven’t even l9oked at his build setup since before the trait tree change. Back when stats where packaged into the lines.

I swear it was referred to as gunslinger and people youtubed 1v5s.

I’m probably just dreaming…

in WvW

Jim Hunter.6821

?

Weird, probably my memory, my thief us so dusty I haven’t even l9oked at his build setup since before the trait tree change. Back when stats where packaged into the lines.

I swear it was referred to as gunslinger and people youtubed 1v5s.

I’m probably just dreaming…

It actually had some pretty crazy burst. Still does but it’s single target now. One advantage HoT gave for p/p is bounding dodger let’s you combo off of Black Powder for stealth, the 10% damage boost, and sneak attack.

I guess you actually could run p/p condi now since you have access to stealth but I haven’t tried it. Black Powder and c&d have the same initiative cost and it’s really not hard for a daredevil to keep up vigor so using dodges to pop in and out of stealth wouldn’t hurt too bad. Might be fun to try it out with vipers gear.

LGN

in WvW

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

I guess you could drop combat speed even more but that will bug ppl a lot. A real fix would be adding longer cd to all leap skills unless they hit something a lot like what they did to rtl.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

in WvW

Jim Hunter.6821

I guess you could drop combat speed even more but that will bug ppl a lot. A real fix would be adding longer cd to all leap skills unless they hit something a lot like what they did to rtl.

The problem with that is a lot of mobility skills like ancestral grace, and most of the ground targeted teleports aren’t offensive skills.

LGN

in WvW

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

The problem with that is a lot of mobility skills like ancestral grace, and most of the ground targeted teleports aren’t offensive skills.

Then make it where if you do not heal another person / blast something it goes on double cd. Or something they need to do to ancestral grace is make it like the Merciful Intervention where you need to target a player (or pet) to have it even leap. There are more then dmg effects in the game but all leaps have some effect at the end of them.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

in WvW

Posted by: UmbraNoctis.1907

UmbraNoctis.1907

Mobility nerfs will hurt solo/small scale roaming the most. Why should ppl be forced to run in blobs (and hope, its your server which has the biggest one) to not get steamrolled all the time by superior numbers?

in WvW

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

Again, there’s nothing wrong with kiting and resetting, as annoying as those strategies might be. There are no rules stating that once you’ve engaged in a fight you must see it through to the end. Many people will attempt to run when the tables turn against them even if their class/build isn’t capable of running. I see Guardians and Necromancers do it all the time and I’m sure they know they’re not going anywhere fast.

I agree completely that resetting is obnoxious but if you’re looking for players to feed your ego you’re either going to have to; Look for duels, roam as a condi Thief in EOTM or do some YOLO Q in PvP. Because most players that roam today roam with a lot of mobility to dodge zergs and gank guilds that roll in packs of 6 – 8. I can’t say I blame anyone for not wanting to die every 5 minutes. I still wander around alone a lot on a Necromancer and the moments a deer puts me in combat as a zerg passes by you can bet I’m wishing I had some mobility.

Zergs gon zerg, runners gon run. Understanding is the first step to acceptance. Acceptance is the last step to “f_ck it I’mma roam anyway.”

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

• Let us not forget that endless runaway also equals eternal chasing classes.
  • This sort of superior mobility is of incredible usefulness in WvW.
  • NOBODY should be faster or slower than anybody just because of the class they chose.

(Post contains personal opinions)

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

in WvW

Jim Hunter.6821

• NOBODY should be faster or slower than anybody just because of the class they chose.

and everyone should get a trophy just for showing up…

LGN

in WvW

Posted by: Divinorium.8952

Divinorium.8952

Then NOBODY should have access to more defense and have more health then others.
NOBODY should have access to more CC than others.
NOBODY should get more suport abilities than others.

In fac NOBODY should have a CLASS. lets all be gray blobs equal in everything.

Because forget about thiefs having no support skills, being naturally squishy and having no access to shield/invul/aegis whatever. Lets remove mobility because no one should be mobile.

in WvW

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

Once upon a time people complained that guard was so slow and anet said: “we feel like guard brings too much to the table, they have to trade their mobility for what they can do elsewhere”.

This has been thrown out with HoT – now everybody can do everything and doesn’t have to make tradeoffs.

in WvW

Jacion.6302

Then NOBODY should have access to more defense and have more health then others.
NOBODY should have access to more CC than others.
NOBODY should get more suport abilities than others.

In fac NOBODY should have a CLASS. lets all be gray blobs equal in everything.

Because forget about thiefs having no support skills, being naturally squishy and having no access to shield/invul/aegis whatever. Lets remove mobility because no one should be mobile.

/agree

in WvW

Svarty.8019

It’s your choice whether to build to be squishy or not, but I have yet to see a thief wearing PVT because incredible mobility plus invisibility plus giant spike MORE than makes up for it and that’s a problem.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

in WvW

Divinorium.8952

It’s your choice whether to build to be squishy or not, but I have yet to see a thief wearing PVT because incredible mobility plus invisibility plus giant spike MORE than makes up for it and that’s a problem.

No it’s not. No matter how much Vitality i chose to build i can’t have as much health than a Warrior.

No matter how much Toughness i get i will not get as much as defense/armour as one Heavy set user.

Giant spike? On thief? What year are you playing buddy?

PS: more than make up for what? Thief is in a horrible position in Spvp and in GroupVsGroup.
Only thing he can do somewhat well is roam. And that’s ONLY because of his mobility.

PS: In case you never had a thief and need someone to draw.
Warrior naked X exotic Dire(cond,Vit, toug) thief

Attachments:

(edited by Divinorium.8952)

in WvW

Jim Hunter.6821

ummm…. didn’t you just say you wanted them to lose their mobility? And PVT gear would kind of kill those massive spikes…….
But at least they’d still have stealth right? That means they could…. um….. stand around not doing anything without you seeing them…..
So basically they could watch other people play the game….

LGN

in WvW

Svarty.8019

ummm…. didn’t you just say you wanted them to lose their mobility? And PVT gear would kind of kill those massive spikes…….
But at least they’d still have stealth right? That means they could…. um….. stand around not doing anything without you seeing them…..

Obviously there would have to be some form of compensation, but endless mobility is insane!

in WvW

Jim Hunter.6821

Obviously there would have to be some form of compensation, but endless mobility is insane!

….You do realize the mobility is the compensation for not having the innate survivability of the other professions right?

LGN

in WvW

Posted by: reddie.5861

reddie.5861

Because it’s dumb right now.
Most obnoxious: Thief (you could play with a blindfold on)
2nd: Warrior (doesn’t take skill)
3rd: Trap ranger (takes skill)
Debatable: Mesmer (due to stealth, double blink, and alacrity). PU condi needs nerf for other reasons than movement. It’s probably the most successful solo roamer, but it takes somewhat skill to be unkillable.

TL;DR: Nerf thief.

how about nerf guardian ele and necro and rev

so ull see zergs of thief spamming 1 1 1 1 1 with back line of rangers and mesmers spamming wells and some random warrior is not welcome in the squad cus he is too slow to keep up.

welcome to thiefs world..
not welcome anywhere not being able to join the zergs cus u get rekt by all conditions/1 1 11 11 staff guardians or even better the lag is so real u cant even play thief cus thief sadly doesnt require only 1 1 1 11 1 and this lag doesnt let u do anything beside 1 1 1 1.

guards are fine… only the traps need its CD changed, as in start CD after Hit, like SW….
If u cry of guardian blocks ur one of those players that only spams 1,1,1, straightfoward :P, a guardian w/o those blocks would get reckt faster than a thief in a zerg.

And rev needs to sacrifice more damage with the hammer CoR spam.. or be a single hit skill…

i dont cry about anything, but people cry about thief being able to kitten ur kitten when u try to get ur kitten back to a zerg.
well then me from thief point of view get to cry about guardians / ele / necro / rev no? cus i cant beat their kitten in a zerg also.

my point is thief is least played class in all game types so i dont understand why the nerf

in WvW

Posted by: Cecilia.5179

Cecilia.5179

Staff/gs druid is one of the most obnoxious specs to fight against. The #3 skill on staff should have a 30s cd. In exchange, the #2 and #4 skills need to be reworked, because they are extremely lackluster.
PU mesmer is also pretty terrible considering how bulky they are despite also being very good at escaping combat.
Warrior regen is too good. Their mobility is okay.
Thieves would still be able to escape with less escapability. I would like to see thieves get some work done on them, because they seem very reliant on bug exploits. They will be more fun to play with and against if they functioned better.

Necromancer Rights Advocate
Restart WvW: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Clean-The-Slate/first#post6208959
#CleanTheSlate

in WvW

Divinorium.8952

Thieves would still be able to escape with less escapability. I would like to see thieves get some work done on them, because they seem very reliant on bug exploits. They will be more fun to play with and against if they functioned better.

I’m curious what bug exploit you speak of? only bug i know is the interaction of shadowstep X DH traps that are buggy, against thiefs.

in WvW

Posted by: BlaqueFyre.5678

BlaqueFyre.5678

Staff/gs druid is one of the most obnoxious specs to fight against. The #3 skill on staff should have a 30s cd. In exchange, the #2 and #4 skills need to be reworked, because they are extremely lackluster.
PU mesmer is also pretty terrible considering how bulky they are despite also being very good at escaping combat.

Thief being reliant on bug/exploit? Please explain

in WvW

Cecilia.5179

The sword jump teleport they removed, shadowstepping up specific corners to make getaways or surprise ganks, and angling the camera down to do more heartseekers through black powder. Those are not intentional.

Restart WvW: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Clean-The-Slate/first#post6208959
#CleanTheSlate

in WvW

Divinorium.8952

The sword jump teleport they removed, shadowstepping up specific corners to make getaways or surprise ganks, and angling the camera down to do more heartseekers through black powder. Those are not intentional.

Shadowstepping VERY often doesn’t work.(Try to shadowstep up/down a tower stairs, or anywhere near SM, i dare you)

Angling camera down doesn’t give that much of advantage.(for real when engage thief doesn’t have enough initiative to do all the shenanigans)

But if you want to fix these mechanics, go ahead i would love to have skills that work as it should. Don’t think these changes will change anything in the class and if do it’s for the better.(that’s if they fix stuff instead of just removing and nerfing)

in WvW

Cecilia.5179

Shadowstepping VERY often doesn’t work.(Try to shadowstep up/down a tower stairs, or anywhere near SM, i dare you)

Angling camera down doesn’t give that much of advantage.(for real when engage thief doesn’t have enough initiative to do all the shenanigans)

But if you want to fix these mechanics, go ahead i would love to have skills that work as it should. Don’t think these changes will change anything in the class and if do it’s for the better.(that’s if they fix stuff instead of just removing and nerfing)

Exactly, thief is really mediocre right now. It deserves a few intentionally good features.

#CleanTheSlate

in WvW

Svarty.8019

….You do realize the mobility is the compensation for not having the innate survivability of the other professions right?

I realise, and imo, it’s overcompensation.

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

Druids are compensating for somenthing they don’t have, bwahahahaha.
/endlife

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Posted by: Rink.6108

Rink.6108

I agree that mobility probably wasn’t intended for breaking out of combat after you are engaged and that some classes have too much mobility that can be used to get out of combat instead of just “out of reach” of melee weapons. Since I don’t think Arenanet will address it (otherwise they would have adapted GS-warrior a long time ago): just take it as a victory everytime a daredevil can do nothing else than run from you with his tail between his legs after his bursts failed.

The only people that are really brave are the ones still running vanilla (non-HoT) builds outside of zergs. Everyone else shouldn’t complain too much about builds being too strong and think about all the poor free-to-play-players they bash with their HoT-builds.

in WvW

Jim Hunter.6821

Druids are compensating for somenthing they don’t have, bwahahahaha.
/endlife

Lol Jeknar, started drinking a little early tonight huh?

LGN

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

Cut me some slack, it’s friday.

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

SpellOfIniquity.1780

The only people that are really brave are the ones still running vanilla (non-HoT) builds outside of zergs. Everyone else shouldn’t complain too much about builds being too strong and think about all the poor free-to-play-players they bash with their HoT-builds.

Brave or stupid? I’ve been called both.

It’s still absolutely possible to be successful with non-HoT builds but I’d be lying if I said it isn’t an uphill battle. Any time I swap out to Reaper or Druid, which isn’t often because I truthfully don’t like either, my success rate skyrockets and my effort plummets.

I don’t at all mind if I need to put in more effort to win, as long as I’m having fun. But that doesn’t mean I mistake my stupidity for bravery.

In most cases, everyone should be running elite specs unless they don’t own HoT.

in WvW

Jacion.6302

In most cases, everyone should be running elite specs unless they don’t own HoT.

Which is strange because generally in squad I am the only berserker warrior

in WvW

Posted by: Crapgame.6519

Crapgame.6519

Maybe you should change your shoes to something more comfortable to run in?

Seriously, why is this post even here.

Main – Laaz Rocket – Guardian (Ehmry Bay)
Johnny Johnny – Ranger (Ehmry Bay)
Hárvey Wallbanger – Alt Warrior (Ehmry Bay)

in WvW

SpellOfIniquity.1780

I’m surprised you get a squad at all if you’re a Warrior.

in WvW

Jacion.6302

I’m surprised you get a squad at all if you’re a Warrior.

Lmao, they don’t have a choice, I spam join squad!

J/k

Never had an issue getting in a squad or staying in one.

in WvW

Posted by: Choppy.4183

Choppy.4183

Since I don’t think Arenanet will address it (otherwise they would have adapted GS-warrior a long time ago)

Warrior mobility took a huge hit about a year and a half ago when they made speed buffs no longer affect movement skills. It cut the distance of every warrior skill (gs included) by 33% (if under swiftness) or 25% (if just Warrior Sprint).

So there’s definitely at least one example of Anet nerfing a class’ mobility.

I’m Biff Rangoon, and I approved this message.
Ehmry Bay | Omg Brb Icecream Truck (ICEE)

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

Since I don’t think Arenanet will address it (otherwise they would have adapted GS-warrior a long time ago)

Warrior mobility took a huge hit about a year and a half ago when they made speed buffs no longer affect movement skills. It cut the distance of every warrior skill (gs included) by 33% (if under swiftness) or 25% (if just Warrior Sprint).

So there’s definitely at least one example of Anet nerfing a class’ mobility.

GS is more used to run away than actually fight, warior is in a very good position, with the durability runes, and some sturdy builds that packs good damage, why do they need suchs skills ?

When i figh warrrior they spend more time running with GS than actually figthing.. then switch to axe/shield, when burn both set skills, swap weapon to GS and run again… its idiotic.

Guardian to be sturdy , sacrifices alot of damage and the mobility, warrior has no trade offs, they have stability pulse, decent damage on sturdy builds, high HP, mobility on GS, resistance… they need to trade off something.

Imo Warrior is the only class that needs the GS nike spec cutted off.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

in WvW

Choppy.4183

GS is more used to run away than actually fight, warior is in a very good position, with the durability runes, and some sturdy builds that packs good damage, why do they need suchs skills ?

When i figh warrrior they spend more time running with GS than actually figthing.. then switch to axe/shield, when burn both set skills, swap weapon to GS and run again… its idiotic.

Guardian to be sturdy , sacrifices alot of damage and the mobility, warrior has no trade offs, they have stability pulse, decent damage on sturdy builds, high HP, mobility on GS, resistance… they need to trade off something.

Not so much. gs5 isn’t used that much as an attack because it’s still buggy and better saved for movement. But it can still be used as a decent (large) gap closer and to escape, and gs3 (the other movement skill) is used extensively to attack, evade, and escape.

But in the comment you replied to, I was only pointing out that Anet has cut mobility before (and I said that in direct response to Rink’s comment that warrior’s mobility hasn’t been cut).

Every warrior movement skill (including both skills on the gs) took a big nerf from a mobility point of view when speed buffs stopped affecting them. gs5 moves the warrior 1200 in 2s, but in the old days the warrior moved 1600 in the same amount of time due to swiftness. In other words, warrior mobility used to be 33% better when swiftness was in effect.

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

Not so much. gs5 isn’t used that much as an attack because it’s still buggy and better saved for movement. But it can still be used as a decent (large) gap closer and to escape, and gs3 (the other movement skill) is used extensively to attack, evade, and escape.

But in the comment you replied to, I was only pointing out that Anet has cut mobility before (and I said that in direct response to Rink’s comment that warrior’s mobility hasn’t been cut).

Every warrior movement skill (including both skills on the gs) took a big nerf from a mobility point of view when speed buffs stopped affecting them. gs5 moves the warrior 1200 in 2s, but in the old days the warrior moved 1600 in the same amount of time due to swiftness. In other words, warrior mobility used to be 33% better when swiftness was in effect.

Yeah i hate to use rush -.-, but i hate GS overall, prefer axe/shield.
Still it is to much, way to much for the warrior capabilities atm, warriors need a good trade off for the good things they have, not removing it entirelly but reducing and fixing rush.

Increase WA CD by 5 seconds 10(traited),15(untraited), and change rush by giving 8seconds speed boon and 2 seconds quickness.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

in WvW

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

Welcome to the thief forums the past three years before HoT was released :P

That said, Daredevil is designed horribly because I think on the conceptual level it plays too nicely with the rest of the extremely weak core profession, and gives so much compensation for next to no cost within the trait line. Dash and BD being on a 12s cooldown make the Daredevil stupidly difficult to punish by pretty much anything except DH. And these counters shouldn’t be so harsh. If I wanted to play Rock Paper Scissors, I’d do so without the convolution and subjective nature of the rest of the game. I can’t speak for everyone, but I can’t take the Daredevil name too seriously, because when I play it, I certainly feel like I’m doing anything except making risky plays.

The problem is it, like all else with HoT, feels like necessary power creep because the rest of the professions got so massively power-creeped in their specs, and respectively made a pseudo-RPS game.

in WvW

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

Maybe if some (most?) other classes wouldn’t have 101 passive defenses which make them almost untouchable, AND at the same time damage close or on par to thieves’, the thieves wouldn’t actually run away?

A warrior do have that and a warrior can still wear nike shoes.

Yeah and my neighbour has a bigger house.

If you remove warrior nike shoes than whats left of warrior? a inferior guardian.
Remove Thief mobility than whats left?
If you remove mesmer teleport than whats left?

Sorry but there is balance and there is whining because you dont have it.

Ps, here is a little tip: immob warrior while they use rush (not before) this will kitten them up. and if they used berserker stance then big deal let him run.

If you remove thief mobility, what’s left? Necro burst without the stealth and shroud
if you remove mesmer teleport whats left? Distortion and a myriad of block options.

let it be known i want neither of those things to happen. counters however, that’s another story.

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

in WvW

Choppy.4183

Yeah i hate to use rush -.-, but i hate GS overall, prefer axe/shield.
Still it is to much, way to much for the warrior capabilities atm, warriors need a good trade off for the good things they have, not removing it entirelly but reducing and fixing rush.

Increase WA CD by 5 seconds 10(traited),15(untraited), and change rush by giving 8seconds speed boon and 2 seconds quickness.

I still maintain that warrior is pretty middle of the pack in terms of mobility, especially if you’re just relying on the gs for mobility. Honestly, I just don’t see the case for reducing it further.

I can see justification for a shave or two to Berserker, but not to mobility. Warrior just isn’t the “endless run-away spec” that it used to be.

(Also, 2s of quickness to Rush would be wasted since warrior movement skills can’t be affected by quickness/slow either and Rush has a 2s channel)

in WvW

Posted by: katniss.6735

katniss.6735

Geez. A lot of replies. I’m not against kiting and resetting at all. But come on, it’s not even using stealth to reset. It’s shortbow x 1million with endless cc removal.

I play an ele and I know all about movement nerfs. I have agility on my MH dagger so that I can maintain some sort of movement while running without air in my spec. I can’t catch anyone without air in my spec. Period. Oh wait. I can catch some people with fiery greatsword, and break combat with it. But vs a thief, not even close. The problem is also with my class because it was stripped of it’s former roamer glory. Have mercy.

Server: Maguuma – Leafy Lass – Elementalist (WvW)
Guild: Bill Murray [Bill]/ [DERP]
twitch.tv/mlgw2

in WvW

Fat Disgrace.4275

Then why bother trying? I rarely chase down thieves when I’m on mine…There is no real point in trying because he will just wait for cds while your burn yours trying to catch it.