Nerf Minions Plz

Nerf Minions Plz

in WvW

Posted by: DaVid Darksoul.4985

DaVid Darksoul.4985

Please nerf minions for Necro/Reaper. They have way too much Toughness and Vitality, attack speed and damage are OP, and Cooldowns are tooooo short. Also plz buff poor Warriors, Thieves, Eles, Rangers, Guardians, Engis, and Mesmers. Necro/Reapers just have been dominating them all, those classes never get buffed. Over all N/R have far too much damage and survivability in WvW/ PvP, no wonder they get focused first.

WAR Platinum Necro, HoD BL roamer/defender. Solo Keep/Tower capper.

Nerf Minions Plz

in WvW

Posted by: Serious.7083

Serious.7083

Yep, really funny. I almost smiled.

Necros don’t usually use Minions in WvW.

Nerf Minions Plz

in WvW

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

Anets reaction:
All minions now have a life span of 30 seconds.
Life Shroud no longer grants a second health bar.
Necromancers base health has been changed from 20k to 11k.

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.

Nerf Minions Plz

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Has any game ever done sPvP or WvW minions, pets, etc well?

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

Nerf Minions Plz

in WvW

Posted by: zinkz.7045

zinkz.7045

Another special snowflake necro who thinks his class is the only one with issues, and who is apparently ignorant of “buffs” other classes have had in the last year.

Nerf Minions Plz

in WvW

Lahmia.2193

Has any game ever done sPvP or WvW minions, pets, etc well?

Pre HoT, when tank amulets existed, I ran a sentinels minion build: soul reaping, blood, death. It was the one time I’ve found Unholy Martyr to be really powerful.

Nerf Minions Plz

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

If its troublesome, gank the owner kite the minions.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

Nerf Minions Plz

in WvW

DaVid Darksoul.4985

“Special snowflake necro” lol, what does that even mean? As for being ignorant of changes to other classes, necros are more aware of that then any others. Minion build isn’t my fav build for WvW or PvP, but seems to be as effective as any other now. Just trying to make light of the bad place N/Rs are in right now…. wait forgot we are actually performing well across all game types.. srry my bad.

Nerf Minions Plz

in WvW

zinkz.7045

As for being ignorant of changes to other classes, necros are more aware of that then any others.

Well to take one example you would have to be ignorant to make a sarcastic comment about engy “never getting buffs”, when since HoT it has probably been the most nerfed class in the game.

(edited by zinkz.7045)

Nerf Minions Plz

in WvW

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

As for being ignorant of changes to other classes, necros are more aware of that then any others.

Well to take one example you would have to be ignorant to make a sarcastic comment about engy “never getting buffs”, when since HoT it has probably been the most nerfed class in the game.

The specs in general have all been slowly nerfed already. I wouldn’t say Engie was the “most” nerfed since HoT considering some of the nerfs that other classes saw as well

Nerf Minions Plz

in WvW

zinkz.7045

The specs in general have all been slowly nerfed already. I wouldn’t say Engie was the “most” nerfed since HoT considering some of the nerfs that other classes saw as well

- Adaptive armour 40% nerf
- Slick shoes, absolutely destroyed
- Healing Turret increased cast time
- Rocket charge, middle leap removed & cooldown increased
- Sneak gyro changed from instant to 0.75 cast time & cooldown increased by 100%.
- Rapid regen healing nerfed
- Gear shield 33% nerf
- Daze removed from gyros (they literally may as well remove gyros and the useless scrapper trait that was there in the first place because gyros dazed)
- Shock shield 50% damage nerf
- Thunderclap damage moved off initial impact
- Bullwark gyro damage reduction nerf
- Perfectly weighted nerfed cooldown
- Defense shield nerfed cooldown
- Medic gyro changed from instant cast to 0.5 cast time
- Gyro destruct damage nerfed
- Final salvo stability duration nerfed by 40%
- Elxir S trait cooldown increased from 60 to 75 secs
- Bunker down, regeneration removed
- Medic gyro toolbelt skill changed from instant cast to 0.5 secs
- They also switched / changed traits if I remember correctly so the scrapper trait line was weaker as they put what was getting picked both in the same tier.

I’d say most classes are not even in the same ballpark when it comes to nerfs since HoT…

Regardless, the OPs notion that necros are somehow hard done by, whilst every other class is being buffed and in a fine position across the game, is laughable.

(edited by zinkz.7045)

Nerf Minions Plz

in WvW

DaVid Darksoul.4985

So it seems you are a special snowflake engi lol. Seriously, Necros are the only class to have had their HoT elite nerfed to being next to useless in anything but zerg. Engis seemed to have not suffered very greatly, see many fine engi players. I also see many Reapers that make their builds passable, jus a far cry from what they were originally. Right now stealth, resistance, and overload are the most OP as far as I can see.

Nerf Minions Plz

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

Necros are the only class to have had their HoT elite nerfed to being next to useless in anything but zerg.

At least you can be in a zerg. Try Daredevil…

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

Nerf Minions Plz

in WvW

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

- Adaptive armour 40% nerf
- Slick shoes, absolutely destroyed
- Healing Turret increased cast time
- Rocket charge, middle leap removed & cooldown increased
- Sneak gyro changed from instant to 0.75 cast time & cooldown increased by 100%.
- Rapid regen healing nerfed
- Gear shield 33% nerf
- Daze removed from gyros (they literally may as well remove gyros and the useless scrapper trait that was there in the first place because gyros dazed)
- Shock shield 50% damage nerf
- Thunderclap damage moved off initial impact
- Bullwark gyro damage reduction nerf
- Perfectly weighted nerfed cooldown
- Defense shield nerfed cooldown
- Medic gyro changed from instant cast to 0.5 cast time
- Gyro destruct damage nerfed
- Final salvo stability duration nerfed by 40%
- Elxir S trait cooldown increased from 60 to 75 secs
- Bunker down, regeneration removed
- Medic gyro toolbelt skill changed from instant cast to 0.5 secs
- They also switched / changed traits if I remember correctly so the scrapper trait line was weaker as they put what was getting picked both in the same tier.

I’d say most classes are not even in the same ballpark when it comes to nerfs since HoT…

Regardless, the OPs notion that necros are somehow hard done by, whilst every other class is being buffed and in a fine position across the game, is laughable.

I mean the nerfs always feel hardest on the class that you main. I could put up a list of nerfs to the other classes after HoT that are about the same length

Nerf Minions Plz

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

I mean the nerfs always feel hardest on the class that you main. I could put up a list of nerfs to the other classes after HoT that are about the same length

Guardian and Warrior please. I want to see if you really can.

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

Nerf Minions Plz

in WvW

zinkz.7045

So it seems you are a special snowflake engi lol. Seriously, Necros are the only class to have had their HoT elite nerfed to being next to useless in anything but zerg. Engis seemed to have not suffered very greatly, see many fine engi players. I also see many Reapers that make their builds passable, jus a far cry from what they were originally. Right now stealth, resistance, and overload are the most OP as far as I can see.

No dear, I play several classes, I picked engi as an example, because it has been consistently nerfed since HoT (unlike for example thief which I also play, though thief was of course nerfed plenty pre-HoT), many of the nerfs have been significant and it is now doing poorly in all game modes (unlike say mesmer which I also play that had nerfs early on to bunker spec and then the last patch with boon share, yet is still very strong in PvP & basically considered a requirement in PvE raids)

You complain about necros in WvW, yet zergs and guild raids is what the vast majority of WvW players do, and guess what, necro is in a far better position than engy, ranger, thief or mes for those. As for roaming, if you have trouble with engy now (as opposed to at HoT launch) then the problem is you, scrapper is trash for roaming now, it has the poorest damage application in the game, terrible mobility (I can outrun engy on my DH…), most builds can kite it, or are simply superior in melee like warrior, newsflash, every class (not just necro) is sub-par at roaming when compared to mes/thief/war/druid at the moment.

Then go to PvE, where necros did indeed take a nerf they didn’t really need in raids, (do they still run 4 necros in fractals?), but again is a fine example of why I picked engy as my example, a class that is basically nothing more than a filler, where as mes, PS warrior, druid, ele, etc are all virtually considered a requirement, and you think engy is in a good place, LOL.

Finally you have PvP, which is the reason for all the engy nerfs, when HoT launched engy was tier 1 (and broken OP), however after all nerfs even before last patch engy was already second option to ele, with the nerf to daze (to the point the HoT mechanic of gyros is nearly useless now) and the rez change, there are teams dumping engy, that is how “strong” it is now.

(edited by zinkz.7045)

Nerf Minions Plz

in WvW

zinkz.7045

I don’t main engy (or anything else), I play a few classes, see post above this.

(edited by zinkz.7045)

Nerf Minions Plz

in WvW

Posted by: XTR.9604

XTR.9604

None of the classes you listed need buffed, OP. Some are in a good place, but most need nurfs.

- Thieves mobility needs a nurf.
- Mesmer conditions need a nurf.
- Necro power and condi specs both need nurfs.
- Ele heals need a nurf (that nomads healbot build)

Everything else is pretty decent I suppose. My Guardian and Warrior feel like they’re in a pretty good place for the most part, some things I’d like to be a little different, but nothing worth making a fuss over. Neither is too OP, both are easily enough countered on their bursts, etc.

Asphyxia [XT] – Crystal Desert & Fort Aspenwood Roamer
Twitch Stream – AsphyxiaXT
My Builds at XtremeTheory.com

Nerf Minions Plz

in WvW

Lahmia.2193

- Necro power and condi specs both need nurfs.

And how exactly did you get to that conclusion?