Nerf supply drain cows

Nerf supply drain cows

in WvW

Posted by: dzeRnumbrd.6129

dzeRnumbrd.6129

This skill is ridiculously over powered.

One player in the safety of a keep sitting on a supply drain treb shooting cows can completely drain 500 supply using only 1 or 2 shots.

It is quite difficult to destroy the supply drain treb without being counter-trebbed (and thus drained of all your supply while doing it).

Even if you do get the treb down, after you have finished re-supplying, the treb has been rebuilt and you are in the exact same situation again.

Supply drain should be its own skill with a very long cooldown and not be a part of the poison cloud.

This skill rewards turtling and turling makes WvW very boring.

We need mechanics that make groups fight each other – ‘easy mode’ defence makes for a very boring night of gaming.

Nerf supply drain cows

in WvW

Posted by: Phlogus.2371

Phlogus.2371

No do not nerf cows that steel supply. Do not remove supply traps. Easy mode offense via zerg v door must be overcome. Force the attackers to work for the objectives.

Phlogustus Male Char DD Ele
Molen Labe Female Human Necro
Devonas Rest – Black Rose Legion -CF4L

Nerf supply drain cows

in WvW

Posted by: Hule.8794

Hule.8794

I will even suggest that Burning Oil will not be able to be destroyef by players. Only by siege.

Nerf supply drain cows

in WvW

Posted by: juno.1840

juno.1840

The amount of supply drained is too high imho. The reward completely outweighs any risk.

Reduce the supply drain amount per “tick” — all the way down to a single supply. This requires 10+ ticks of the poison cloud to remove all supply.

Reduce the player cap so this isn’t draining for the entire zerg. However make it so the cap-logic always grabs players with supply.

There’s still value in this skill, but I do agree with the OP that it is too powerful in its current state.

Part of me thinks that someone in ANet was thinking “hey, wanna see something funny? Watch this…”

Nerf supply drain cows

in WvW

Posted by: Phantom.8130

Phantom.8130

if you move out of the cloud, and cleanse, it stops the supply drain. you can preserve the majority of your supplies that way. if you just stand in the cloud, then you kind of deserve to lose your supply and fail your assault.

you could also avoid the cloud entirely by either moving while the cow is still in the air, or through better planning and offensive methods. it’s mainly just good to drain a really bad zerg.

if you find it to be OP, adapt. because it’s really not.

Nerf supply drain cows

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

No. Game needs more defense to counter the ridiculous amount of offense.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

Nerf supply drain cows

in WvW

Posted by: Quells.2498

Quells.2498

The only issue with it is that it’s so much more efficient at draining supply that it makes supply traps rather superfluous. Make supply traps a little better and I’d be happy.

Leader of Contre [VS], just a bunch of zen adults
focus on Dungeons, Fractals and Raiding.

Nerf supply drain cows

in WvW

Posted by: Estarioll.5781

Estarioll.5781

if you move out of the cloud, and cleanse, it stops the supply drain. you can preserve the majority of your supplies that way. if you just stand in the cloud, then you kind of deserve to lose your supply and fail your assault.

you could also avoid the cloud entirely by either moving while the cow is still in the air, or through better planning and offensive methods. it’s mainly just good to drain a really bad zerg.

if you find it to be OP, adapt. because it’s really not.

100000000000 times this…
also, i’d be very much for a change in mechanics where you couldn’t destroy reinforced doors with anything but siege. would stop mindless zergs pvd-ing…

Tipsy Dipsy, plank scrubber of The Bloody Pirates [YARR]
~Gandara~

Nerf supply drain cows

in WvW

Posted by: Quells.2498

Quells.2498

I always thought it would be unique to take specific types of damage into account against buildings and siege. Burn would do more damage to wooden walls/gates. Chill could slow siege and do more damage etc…

Leader of Contre [VS], just a bunch of zen adults
focus on Dungeons, Fractals and Raiding.

Nerf supply drain cows

in WvW

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

I agree that the supply drain from Trebs is probably a little powerful and very easy to apply/difficult to avoid.

That said, I don’t think attackers need an even easier time kicking in the door. 90% of the time defense feels futile anyway and nerfing what little defensive options you have won’t help that.

So I don’t mind fine-tuning the ability, but don’t straight-up nerf it into the ground.

Nerf supply drain cows

in WvW

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

pff no @ OP

dont stand in the fart, build an AC to hit it… if you cant manage to control your karma train the minimal amount that a single defender requires of you, you deserve to be autoattacking that gate without rams.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

Nerf supply drain cows

in WvW

Posted by: FirstInfantry.2795

FirstInfantry.2795

supply drain is fine, its hard enough to defend when outnumbered

(edited by FirstInfantry.2795)

Nerf supply drain cows

in WvW

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

WvW is a fort capture/defend game mode. Go to EotM if you want mindless zerg clashes in open fields that accomplish nothing.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

Nerf supply drain cows

in WvW

Posted by: Ins.7139

Ins.7139

Pfft just go take keeps / towers when you have no supply by facerubbing everything down. Problem solved :P

As much as i hate trebs, they are needed in the current meta to slow a zerg down long enough for the defenders to arrive after the scout on the treb reports that he needs help. Without trebs behind gates the amount of people bothering to scout will go down drastically.

[PT] Ins For Da Waaagh
www.twitch.tv/ins_for_da_wagh
PuG Commander, blobbing it up since 2012!

Nerf supply drain cows

in WvW

Posted by: MiniMe.1960

MiniMe.1960

Keep in mind that taking something away gives you less options. Good ones and bad ones.

Nerf supply drain cows

in WvW

Posted by: slingblade.1437

slingblade.1437

Supply drain is a good balance feature. It should be feasible for a skeleton crew to defend an asset against an organized zerg, if that crew has well-placed siege to use, and supply drain helps make that possible.

Nerf supply drain cows

in WvW

Posted by: SonofNoob.3102

SonofNoob.3102

Nerf the supply draining cow. It is making the game ridiculous. Now servers won’t even fight unless they are near their keep with supply draining cows hitting us the whole time.

Nerf supply drain cows

in WvW

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

I like the counter play the supple gas adds. Look at it this way if there a treb say on the other side of a door and your gas out of supplies (i imagine this is what more ppl have a problem with) what stopping that treb from simply just destroying the rams?

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Nerf supply drain cows

in WvW

Posted by: McWolfy.5924

McWolfy.5924

Sieges should be used and destroyed by anybody and have frendly fire. (BB shooting own gate with 3 catapults and 2 treb guys)

WSR→Piken→Deso→Piken→FSP→Deso
Just the WvW
R3200+

Nerf supply drain cows

in WvW

Posted by: dzeRnumbrd.6129

dzeRnumbrd.6129

Nerf the supply draining cow. It is making the game ridiculous. Now servers won’t even fight unless they are near their keep with supply draining cows hitting us the whole time.

In tier 1, that is rarely how it is used though. Usually it is used by equal sized force to turtle in their keep rather than come out and PvP us.

We want fights and this discourages fighting.

We’re in WvW to PvP primarily and the sub-game of PPT is secondary.

Supply drain trebs are made for tier 8 without concern for the impact it has in tier 1.

Nerf supply drain cows

in WvW

Posted by: DaMikenatr.7041

DaMikenatr.7041

In tier 1, that is rarely how it is used though. Usually it is used by equal sized force to turtle in their keep rather than come out and PvP us.

We want fights and this discourages fighting.

We’re in WvW to PvP primarily and the sub-game of PPT is secondary.

Supply drain trebs are made for tier 8 without concern for the impact it has in tier 1.

You heard the guy, he’s from T1 and asking for it so we have to give them what they want..

On a serious note though, people in every tier enjoy the fights, but sometimes that supply drain cow from the sole person in a keep can delay a large group long enough so that your back-up can make it in time. Just because your server can have 80 people blobbing around in every map doesn’t mean that every other server can. If you ask anyone who has tried defending a tower with just a few people, they’ll tell you how useless you feel when you can only man one super ac that even though you have full mastery, it’s not strong enough to drop a superior ram before they burn through your gate. Defense is way underpowered and unrewarded as it is. If your concern is turtling in towers and not getting fights ASAP, why don’t you just ask them to remove objectives completely? I understand that a large number of people play just for the fights, but that’s not all WvW is so to try and please one side and not another is just not reasonable. There’s people that like to siege and hold out so just let them play how they want. If the group that’s turtling was there for fights only, then they’d come out and fight you on their own will.

Tsyborg – human guardian – commander
Vicious Instinct [VI]

Nerf supply drain cows

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

Nerf defensive capabilities. Because Offense isn’t easy enough… Yeah right…

And for you fools complaining about people turtling inside their towers. Why don’t you go to EotM where walls are almost inexistant?

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing