New Burst Build To Counter Condi Meta

in WvW

Posted by: Sheltron.2190

Sheltron.2190

Please tell me what you think of the build and any changes you would make that are not in the spme changes section.
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vJAQJARSjMdQXIWGCWhAnIGKCKtLi+owGgHIAwVvFSBA-T1BCABjpEkKlf+s/AGXAgMeEARq+DAHBASBQkWL-w
This build is for any of you burst lovers who feel like the conditions are overshadowing them. This build is for you. It allows for good condi clear and condi management with resistance. I have gotten 20k hundred blades hits and won outnumbered situations with the kill them quick style of this build. This is viable in wvw and spvp and is tons of fun.
How to play:
First activate berserker stance to get adrenaline and mititgate the original condi bomb. Then open with a whirling attack. After that swap to hammer and open up with a feirce blow, staggering blow, into a backbreaker then a hammer shock, followed up by a earthshaker. Then swap into a hundred blades, and they should be dead in seconds! If not, then a condi bomb is coming your way, and when it hits, then activate healing signet mitigate more. In total you will have 12 seconds of resistance.
Some changes:
-If condis feel to much for you with this build just swap out last stand for cleansing ire. keep in mind that in the event that you do so the stability and ‘never get stunned aspect of the build
-If you feel to squishy then you can swap out hammer for axe or sword sheild for the block. This will make killing harder.
-Berserker gear can be swapped for demolisher’s, or marauders
-to add some extra damage to scholar runes.
-another option is rtestorative strength instead of death from above depending on you wvw style.
-tarragon loaf can be switched for mango pie

Notes:
This build takes some time to master, but when you get your rotations down I assure you, any fight can be taken on.
Counters:
-Theives, especialy evade theifs, just get them into the cc chain and they are done instantly or your done instantly
-necros, their boon corruption can make us loose out on a lot of condi clear and might. To prevent this hope you can lock them down in your hammer rotation and kill them quick.
-rangers, close the gap as fast as you can then do your rotation, otherwise your done for
-meditrappers, stay out of the traps, or spring them all when you have endure pain up.
when you learn to fight all of these take on any fight with ease!

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

Burst builds rely on timing. You mess up that timing and faceplant.

Any experienced dueller/roamer will be set up to sustain at least two bursts.

It’s certainly a “rush” to play, but not hardy.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

Posted by: Serkit.7836

Serkit.7836

This build isn’t what I’d call “new”. In fact, a similar one was listed on Metabattle (http://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Warrior_-_Hammer/GS_Roamer) approximately 2 years ago.
The main concern I have with running this in small-scale combat is that the hammer skills are very telegraphed.
One food you might consider running is Fried Golden Dumpling.

in WvW

Sheltron.2190

This build isn’t what I’d call “new”. In fact, a similar one was listed on Metabattle (http://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Warrior_-_Hammer/GS_Roamer) approximately 2 years ago.
The main concern I have with running this in small-scale combat is that the hammer skills are very telegraphed.
One food you might consider running is Fried Golden Dumpling.

Hammer if mastered is amazing, but axe shield or sword shield is very viable

in WvW

Posted by: Mokk.2397

Mokk.2397

Admittedly I run a condi build and most certainly would like so see some changes made to the condition meta.Toughness has taken a back seat to vitality and healing .Resistance needs to be incorporated much better to tone down the use of conditions .
I’m aware this is a little (maybe a lot) off topic. It’s Just a thought .

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Consider switching to axe/shield over hammer. Eviscerate is a true spike damager and the blocks coupled with the invulns will infuriate some attackers.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

There’s really no sense in not running berserk atm with the amount of adren hp gain you get and able to burst far more often,i’d really swap strength for berserk if i you were you.Restorative strength is a pointless and wasted trait to begin with while berserk line is far more usable.You’re not using cleansing,and with berserk line you can swap out last stand and grab eternal champion.Also ditch hamm and make it a axe/shield gs build.

in WvW

Posted by: RodOfDeath.5247

RodOfDeath.5247

I’d like to see the boon “protection” reduce condition damage myself, just slightly because classes will get insanely OP if anet doesn’t set it right. Vampiric rituals with my necro really helps with roaming so I can run a little power instead of boring condi meta.

in WvW

Posted by: Josh XT.6053

Josh XT.6053

That is nothing new, pretty much vanilla warrior. My Revenant and roaming ele builds are burst + condi removal or mitigation.

My roaming ele: http://asphyxia.tv/wvw-roaming-elementalist-marauder-variant/

My roaming and group spec Revenant: http://asphyxia.tv/wvw-roaming-revenant-build/

The rev stacks 30 seconds of resistance pretty easily when fighting condi classes, the ele clears a condition every time it applies regen and applies regen with every aura. Has I think it was 15 condi clears if I remember correctly lol.

Asphyxia [XT] – Fort Aspenwood Roamer
Twitch Stream – AsphyxiaXT
My Builds at Asphyxia.tv/builds

in WvW

Posted by: Arcaedus.7290

Arcaedus.7290

I’d like to see the boon “protection” reduce condition damage myself, just slightly because classes will get insanely OP if anet doesn’t set it right. Vampiric rituals with my necro really helps with roaming so I can run a little power instead of boring condi meta.

In addition to this, I think weakness should cause the afflicted player’s applied conditions to either last 25% less time or do 25% less damage.

in WvW

Posted by: zinkz.7045

zinkz.7045

Other then condi mes & perplexity, condi is fine, but then this is a game where I saw some guy streaming the other day complaining about condi and he only had 1 condi removal… L2P issues from those who want MOAR damage so don’t play a balanced build.

(edited by zinkz.7045)

in WvW

Posted by: RodOfDeath.5247

RodOfDeath.5247

In addition to this, I think weakness should cause the afflicted player’s applied conditions to either last 25% less time or do 25% less damage.

That’s actually a good idea.

in WvW

Posted by: Threather.9354

Threather.9354

I never had trouble with condi. 28s of condi immunity (7s healing sig, 14s bersk stance, 7s healing sig) and 1 condi removed every 5s is enough for my Marauder berserk really. Marauder op cuz it gives vit (counters condis and precision turns into ferocity from traits). ill guess you dont have HoT so you run vanilla foods and warrior, cuz dura runes better to counter condi (more stats, resistance, protection and regen)

Ill share my build, i run axe shield sometimes:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vJAQJARUnMdAdhgVhA+dAElilsATpGk6iBvb2Q7pFZwVACAA-TVCFABL8AAqZ/hrUCCwhAggjAADXAAkU+pv6PppLgUABO0C-w
My build has pack runes cuz theres not really much might on the build to rely on strength runes, strength runes have more burst but I still feel they have less overall sustain damage (-125 precision, -12s fury every 20s, but 5% damage increase(fury makes up for it) and ~90 power). Pack works in group better anyways.

Anyways things I see to improve with your build, I do not have much against vanilla or hammer warriors:
1) you have 2 leeching sigils with 9s cd and 5s cd on weaponswap (swap one of them to energy, 1s damage immunity and you damage on dodge roll with strength traits, or air/blood on GS you want to)
2) merciless hammer, if running hammer, is obviously better than quickness under 50% health
3) You didnt put stats on your weapon

Diamond Rank Copyrights [CR]
EU Roamer, Dueler, Commander, Fighter, Scout

in WvW

Sheltron.2190

I never had trouble with condi. 28s of condi immunity (7s healing sig, 14s bersk stance, 7s healing sig) and 1 condi removed every 5s is enough for my Marauder berserk really. Marauder op cuz it gives vit (counters condis and precision turns into ferocity from traits). ill guess you dont have HoT so you run vanilla foods and warrior, cuz dura runes better to counter condi (more stats, resistance, protection and regen)

Ill share my build, i run axe shield sometimes:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vJAQJARUnMdAdhgVhA+dAElilsATpGk6iBvb2Q7pFZwVACAA-
/hrUCCwhAggjAADXAAkU+pv6PppLgUABO0C-w
My build has pack runes cuz theres not really much might on the build to rely on strength runes, strength runes have more burst but I still feel they have less overall sustain damage (-125 precision, -12s fury every 20s, but 5% damage increase(fury makes up for it) and ~90 power). Pack works in group better anyways.

Anyways things I see to improve with your build, I do not have much against vanilla or hammer warriors:
1) you have 2 leeching sigils with 9s cd and 5s cd on weaponswap (swap one of them to energy, 1s damage immunity and you damage on dodge roll with strength traits, or air/blood on GS you want to)
2) merciless hammer, if running hammer, is obviously better than quickness under 50% health
3) You didnt put stats on your weapon

I have hot and I usually run berserker, it’s just for roaming lots of dps is lost in long fights cuz of the berserker cool down which is the only time you can burst so that is why I did vanilla. I usually replace strength with all top in berserker for dueling and spvp

in WvW

Posted by: Scamp.5296

Scamp.5296

That is nothing new, pretty much vanilla warrior. My Revenant and roaming ele builds are burst + condi removal or mitigation.

My roaming ele: http://asphyxia.tv/wvw-roaming-elementalist-marauder-variant/

My roaming and group spec Revenant: http://asphyxia.tv/wvw-roaming-revenant-build/

The rev stacks 30 seconds of resistance pretty easily when fighting condi classes, the ele clears a condition every time it applies regen and applies regen with every aura. Has I think it was 15 condi clears if I remember correctly lol.

I use virtually the same ele build, except I use zerker/marauder weapons and trinkets too.